02: Reaching the Conflicts

Reaching You!

Kyuhyun smack the annoying alarm clock resounding on the whole apartment, his head were aching and he barely remembers what had happen the other night. Yeah, his duck-faced hyung dragged him across town to drink on this supposed to be really cool club and since he was not that used to the atmosphere (which is literally composed of cigarettes, alcohol, , and ownerless purge of bile) as soon as he entered the establishment, his stomach churned and was ready to go.

But, Leeteuk, as stubborn as he is dragged him across the dance floor, towards an empty booth poured him some brandy and vodka and anything of the sort and challenged him to some ing duel he can’t even recall and then he’s drunk.

Well, he’s a good drinker, it will take him a great deal of time before he even felt tipsy yet he did. He became drunk as , why? Because a girl came over him.

y, smart, sophisticated, rich, famous and very familiar, the girl inside his wet dreams back in high school. The campus princess and his greatest .

“Oh my, if it isn’t Cho Kyuhyun…”

Kyuhyun looked up bored and eyes widened at the sight of a very familiar face.

“V-Victoria?

“The one and only…” the woman smiled crossing her arms against her chest, leaning through her waist showing off her y curve. “Why are you alone? No dates?”

“Nope.” Kyuhyun smacked his lips. “I’m with a very disturbing Hyung. How about you? I heard you’re in China for business majors?”

“Yeah I just finished.” She said settling herself to the seat across Kyuhyun, taking on Kyuhyun’s shot glass filled with brandy and tossing the contents on .

The way she drank the alcohol were almost sensual, and Kyuhyun could feel that the woman in front of him were into some fun night. He’s been in too many one night stands and he knows woman’s suggestive movements like the back of his hands.

“I came back to manage this club, I find it a very well profited past time…” she said pursing her lips lightly.

“You own the place then?” Kyuhyun chuckled. “Well that figures…” he chucked in another drink looking at Victoria’s action, and playing with his mind about the next move she will make.

“You know we could’ve made a good couple after high school, since were both business geniuses…”

“But you know me babe, I don’t settle.” Kyuhyun smiled and the woman in front of him nodded. “Yeah, that’s just the downfall…everyone can hardly keep up with you except Lee Sungmin-ssi, right?”

The tabooed name came up and of course Kyuhyun will never get away with it. Of course Sungmin is, after all Victoria’s classmate on their last year in high school.

“But… since everything changes. I guess even you two grew apart.” She said taking another glass this time from the rotating waiter.

“What do you mean?” Kyuhyun chuckled somehow loathing on the part that he and Sungmin build distance between them when they were inseparable for 10 years.  “We never grew apart, he’s just out on a project on-“

“Jeju.” She said without enough care. “We met back there the last time I checked out our properties, he’s good actually, he’s creating this very wonderful resort and the highlight is what he calls his ‘baby’…”

Kyuhyun gaped, he didn’t know what Victoria is talking about, all he knew up till recently is that Sungmin’s assisting in Jeju’s tourism projects but he hadn’t had inkling on what project it was.

“By your expression I bet you didn’t know.” Victoria sighed putting down her martini glass.

“What baby?” Kyuhyun asked ignoring the statement the woman has given him.

She looked at him, eyes narrowed in the change of Kyuhyun’s expression but she couldn’t care less, so she shrugged her shoulders. “It’s called ‘Selene’, it was a wonderful light house with different types of stairs, so different that it resembles the tunes the piano play, but it was a tune of a song, if you walked on it to the top, you can play a certain melody. It’s pretty amazing.”

Kyuhyun dazed out, that creativity level was so like Sungmin that a small smile crept on his face at the thought that maybe if he didn’t complicate things back then, maybe if he just kept everything to himself then Sungmin will be jumping around him, fussing over this project of his and he will get annoyed by it but he will still love it, the precious smile that would paint his bestfriend’s face when he had done something so incredibly beautiful.

“Hey Cho!” Victoria tapped Kyuhyun who seemed to have forgotten her, bringing back the stupidly gaping CEO to reality.

“Hmm? What?” Kyuhyun asked narrowing his eyes on the brandy and taking one full swig.

Victoria bit her lips and stand up, moving towards Cho Kyuhyun’s side of the booth, her legs flinging towards Kyuhyun’s thighs, resting it there her hand reach for Kyuhyun’s neck tie pulling the man closer to whisper on his ears, pressed on the side of Kyuhyun’s arm, breath brushing a sensual motive on Kyuhyun’s ear.

“Hmm, I’m proposing a one night fun, for old times sake…” she cooed peppering Kyuhyun’s jaw line with wet kiss.

Kyuhyun remained frozen, but he was deprived after all and Victoria, as he remembered correctly was really really good in bed, it’ll be a waste to decline when she was throwing herself at him.

Kyuhyun groaned once more to the vague flashes on his mind, yes he kissed Victoria, yes she pinned him to the wall, yes he got aroused, and yes they were on the verge of removing their clothes but in all his haziness when he parted from kissing Victoria, he had moaned Sungmin’s name.

She immediately stop and she looked at him incredulously; asking him what he had just said but the pang of guilt deadened him. He saw Sungmin, and the reason he’s so aroused is because of the twisted rationality in his mind that he was kissing Sungmin right at that moment, so he muttered a quick apology, grab his coat and left the VIP room, and after that he tackled the drinks once more and he out.

He had never waked up with a hangover for a while now and he cursed himself for breaking his record. Stumbling to the bundle of blanket at his feet he carried himself to the bathroom, he will not do this if his bladder is not screaming already, walking down towards the toilet he grabbed his bath robe on the way, deciding to save himself from the trouble, he took a bath right after relieving himself. The droplets of shower dripped to his flushed skin, the cold water removing the remnants from last night but it didn’t help in removing his thoughts from a certain someone living miles away.

Through the shower droplets echoing to the walls of the bathroom he barely heard his phone screaming for an incoming call.

***

“Stupid Jerk .” Sungmin cursed throwing his phone across his bed rolling to the side with a deep sigh. He was currently nursing his hangover, he had a little bit too much of alcohol the other night for the last day of the construction of the light house. Thoughts playing by the bonfire created for their small group at the beach and he had sworn he will not drink more than one glass yet he broke his promise. The resort is finished already; he will need to go back to Seoul.

But he wanted to live in Jeju, the place is divine, serene and peaceful. No loud honking, no pollution, just the crashing of sea waves and a very vast space for melodies carried by the wind.

Yet, though he loves Jeju it felt off.

Thinking about what Jongwoon said about closing the gap he created, he had ponder about it and the other man was right, he needed to set things straight, talk about it with Kyuhyun, be ready with his bestfriend’s answer and just be plain brave.

So here he was dialing Kyuhyun’s number but the other seemed to have had a great night or busy with something else that he can’t answer his calls, the thoughts playing with his mind about different woman in Kyuhyun’s bed and it itched him to strangle Kyuhyun and kicked him to oblivion.

His phone rang loud on the room and his heart fell on his stomach, he crawled to the side where he threw his phone, fished it out of the carpeted floor and look at the caller ID.

“Hey,” he answered voice shaking.

“Min? Why did you call? Are you okay?”

Kyuhyun’s voice echoed to the other line and his heart dropped like a gyro, the worried tone the soothing low caress of his bestfriend’s voice overwhelmed him that he was rendered unable to speak for a good 5 seconds.

“Hey, still there?” Kyuhyun reconfirmed and Sungmin nodded mentally smacking himself because Kyuhyun needed his voice to affirm his question.

“Y-Yeah, I’m fine, Just...” the other hesitated a bit. “Just wanted to check up on you if you’re still sleeping…”

“Hmm?” There was questioning on Kyuhyun’s voice. “I’m okay, just a bit head ache but I’m changing for office now…”

Biting his lips, the blonde man cursed in disappointment, he had got that gut feeling that Kyuhyun had a hangover also and for sure there is…

“I heard you built a resort, you forgot to tell me that big news…”

“How did you know?” the surprise was flashed to Sungmin’s face he admits that he never told Kyuhyun about the resort simply because he wanted it to be a surprise when he came back…

If, he will come back.

“Victoria told me last night and…”

The words were drowned to the loud accursed hammering of Sungmin’s heart. He met Victoria? How? Are they back together? Seeing each other now? ing each other?

Victoria is the woman in Kyuhyun’s room when he went giddily to confess 10 years ago, it was Victoria who stopped him in his tracks, the woman in Kyuhyun’s dreams back in highschool.

“Sungmin?”

His lips were trembling and unconsciously hot trickle of tears were lining his cheeks. Damn this affection! Damn this aimless hopes! Damn trust! Damn everything.

“I need to go.” He muttered shutting of the line till his phone turned off.

“ everything.” He muttered melting to the heaps of pillows and covering himself from the sun on his windows.

***

“KYUHYUN!”

The oak doors burst open from his office and a huffing Leeteuk welcomed him, face flushed and sweats trickling from his forehead.

Kyuhyun would find this amusing and laugh his of if he’s in a good mood that day. Sungmin called him and he was so happy he called the other as soon as he can, but Sungmin’s voice seemed off and distant, and to top it all the other man just hang up on him.

What’s wrong with his bestfriend? First he didn’t tell him about the resort and now just hanging up on him with voice shaking and obviously about to tear up, he really can’t understand. They seldom talk to each other and when they did it will be awkward and unproductive. Saying he was pissed were just an understatement.

“Hyung, I’m not in the mood for your antics…” Kyuhyun said lowly and as polite as he can when busied himself with the files.

 “You got to see this!” Leeteuk spat throwing a set of pictures in Kyuhyun’s table. “You remember we had this site inspection on the empty property on Jeju Island last month…”

At the mention of ‘Jeju’ Kyuhyun just cluck his tongue in annoyance. “Hyung, those pictures are of your care and the engineering department, they were assigned to that, what I do is the approval of the proposal. Please, get it out of my table…”

“Let me finish brat!” Leeteuk huffed and Kyuhyun looked up at his seriousness. “Look at those pictures, carefully.”

Kyuhyun raised his brows but then complied. It is a picture of a vast plane overlooking the sea, a car parked in the field near a huge tree and two men who appeared to be a couple.

“Yes. I’ve looked at it, what am I suppose to see?” he said not seeing what’s so important about the picture.

“I zoomed the picture to see the diameters and I found that those two people is very familiar, well at least one of them is…” Leeteuk explained pulling out the other pictures beneath the pile and Kyuhyun’s brow furrowed when he recognize the man.

“That is Jongwoon.” Leeteuk said as the zoomed photo made sense to Kyuhyun. “and he’s with someone who’s clearly not Sungmin.”

The photo wasn’t suggestive but the way you see the two man holding hands and smiling at each other love painted on their faces will give you what you needed.

Leeteuk sighed when he saw the realization in Kyuhyun’s brow.

“I think… Jongwoon’s cheating on Sungmin.”

TBC

A/N: ta-ta-tarara-tata- Afro Circus!! (yeah I’m having a Madagascar 3 hangover) Anyways, Don’t hate Jongwoon too much huh? Something really good will come off of his ‘supposed’ betrayal.