03: Reaching another Pretense

Reaching You!

"SUNGMIN!"

He pulled the phone away from his ear when Kyuhyun's voice boomed from the other line.

"Kyu? Wha-"

"Kyuhyun! What are- What the hell is this?! Are you escaping you ing retard of a CEO!"

He heard Jungsoo's voice.

"I don't care Hyung leave me the alone?!!"

And Kyuhyun's cursing.

"Ah- Excuse me? Kyu-?"

"MIN! OH MY DON"T CRY BABY!! I"M COMING FOR YOU AND I'LL SLIT THAT TURTLE EXCUSE OF A HUMAN BEING?! HIS THROAT AND HIS BALLS, DON'T WORRY. I'LL COME TO YOU!!! -! HYUUUUUNGGGG GIVE THAT TO ME!!!! ANYWAY MIN DON'T CRY, KNIGHT KYU IS COMING-"

And a loud thud. The line went off.

Sungmin gaped at Jongwoon who's stuffing his cheeks. Looked at his phone. Look at Jongwoon again.

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!!!!" he screamed as manly as he believe he made it to be.

“What?!” Jongwoon asked confused when Sungmin immediately lounge at him and smack his head.

“What the did you do now Hyung!” Sungmin whined grabbing the poor singer’s collar and shaking him back and forth. “Kyuhyun! That bastard!!! Hyunngggg~”

“What did Kyuhyun say? Is he the one who called?” Jongwoon asked letting himself be propelled by the smaller man straddling him face flushed and as obviously alarmed.

“Kyuhyun… that is coming here hyung he’s flying here and by the sound of his voice he will surely kill you when he sees you, tell me Hyung, what the hell did you do?!” Sungmin stopped his forceful strangling and he plopped to the sandy beach strength drained by the nervousness.

“I don’t know what I did, Min…” Jongwoon  recovered gasping for breath. “I’m sure, Kyuhyun just wanted to see you and was just  making an excuse…”

“He said he’d slit your throat and cut your balls…” Sungmin side eyed Jongwoon with a pitiful sigh and the latter just mouthed a nervous ‘Oh’ before falling into silence.

“What do I do, Hyung…”

“Maybe he’ll come after a few days, don’t be nervous yet, there aren’t that many flights at this season…”

“Hyung, this is ‘Cho Enterprises’ were talking about, they have their own plane…”

“Then maybe he had a lot of things to do so he’ll finish those first, you know…”

“Jongwoon hyung, Kyuhyun’s the CEO.”

Silence fell once more occupied only by the crashing of waves and the low hum of cold sea air. Sungmin looked at the horizon, it may be unexpected but he’ll meet Kyuhyun soon and this time he can’t back out. He can’t hide. He needed to face the other sooner or later, and even if he didn’t know the real reason of Kyuhyun’s immediate decision to drop everything and fly to him he’s glad, he had missed the other and seeing him was making his heart sell with anticipation.

He felt warm hands took his, intertwining their fingers. He peered over the older man who’s smiling wholeheartedly at him, easing him a bit through his worries.

“It’ll be okay Min, you two should meet already. Maybe this is the right time…” Jongwoon said tracing smooth circles on Sungmin’s hand, relaxing the younger man.

“Yeah…” Sungmin replied. “I guess it’s time.”

***

But though he pretends to be cool about everything, he just simply can’t.

“When are you coming?”

“Later tonight Min, Leeteuk hyung’s being a sissy, he’s trying to take his whole house with him.THIS IS TE REASON WHY I TOLD HIM NOT TO BOTHER COMING WITH ME!!!” Kyuhyun voiced out in emphasis followed by a muffled voice of ‘Shut up you piece of ’ in the background.

Sungmin, though obviously nervous about Kyuhyun’s sooner than expected arrival, chuckled at the phone between his ear and his shoulder, his hands busying itself to the marinating of his roasted chicken.

“Yeah, I can imagine him…” he replied fishing out a couple of veggies on the container in preparation for Kimchi stew. “Why are you coming here so suddenly, you didn’t do so on the past year…”

He heard a heavy sigh, something unusual from the cheery Kyuhyun. It took him a few seconds before answering vaguely.  “I just want to clarify something about that boyfriend of yours…”

“What about Jongwoon Hyung are you so cranky about?” he laughed half heartedly earning a curious look from the man cutting the radish across him.

“I’ll tell you when I get there.” Kyuhyun answered directly sighing once more making Sungmin’s curiosity peak.

“Oh okay then, I’m on the beach house right? You still knew that place?” Sungmin asked finally washing his hands, drying it with a cloth before taking holding the phone on his hand.

“Yeah, I knew that place, don’t worry. I’ll be coming soon okay, wait for me.”

It felt a bit off but warm nevertheless. He hummed slowly before smiling a bit.

“Have a safe trip then, see you later.” He bid him goodbye and after several shouting and profanities from the other line Kyuhyun said ‘bye’ and hung up.

“Hyung! The 2 guests rooms are ready…” A smaller man, high cheek bones, copper hair and a huge bashful smile peaked from the other room towards the kitchen, before tiptoeing towards the counter where food preparation were taking place.

“One guest room will suffice, Kyu usually sleeps at the room next to mine, that’s his room.” Sungmin muttered unconsciously earning a blank look from Jongwoon and the smaller man. “Ah Hyung…” the smaller hesitantly called out and Sungmin looked up from his dish welcomed by Jongwoon’s small grin, realizing what he just said he pursed his lips regretfully.

“Jongwoon hyung…” Sungmin pouted when Jongwoon resumed his chores.

“So that’s the reason you let me stay in that room huh… I should’ve known, now, I’m totally hurt.” Jongwoon chuckled earning a disapproving glance from Sungmin who threw a carrot leaf on the head of the other man.

“Who’s our visitor? It seems like you value this person to make such a nice expression when preparing foods.” The smaller guy leaned on Jongwoon’s back.

“I swear you two are killing me, I’m a hyung for-“

“Quiet!” The smaller man and Sungmin spat at him and he cringed muttering something incomprehensible to the other two’s ear.

“he’s my best friend Wook…” Sungmin smiled off. “We haven’t seen each other in a while so… I’m trying hard to make the best out of his arrival…”

“Oh, the guy Jongwoon Hyung’s been insecure about…” the newly arrived man chuckled seeing a displeased look from the man he’s just been leaning on.

“I’m not insecure, Ryeowook!” Jongwoon grunted under his breath.

“Sure you’re not.” The man called Ryeowook pinched Jongwoon’s cheek before standing straight. “Well, I’ve got to clean the rooms so, be sure you help Sungmin-hyung huh…” he said patting Jongwoon’s cheeks.

“Yah! I’m older than you!” Jongwoon shouted at Ryeowook’s retreating back but the younger just waved him off.

***

7:00 pm

“Everything’s prepared? The rooms? The foods? How about the game room, I swear Kyuhyun will nest there once he arrived…” Sungmin fidgeted to his seat across Jongwoon in their living room.

“Everything’s fine Hyung, nothing to worry about.” Ryeowook said coming in from the kitchen bringing a light snack for the nervous Sungmin.

“Stop stuffing yourself, baby. You’ll grow fat.”

And Jongwoon was wincing on the carpeted floor.

 “What the is that crazy bastard doing? He said he’ll be here an hour ago, what’s keeping him?!!!” Sungmin burst out getting the next thing he touched (which is a cake fork) and slamming it to the coffee table toppling a plate in the process.

“Why are you so excited anyway, I thought you’re still avoiding your bestfriend…” Jongwoon sighed at the pacing man in front of him, being half annoyed at the rambling and his aching head for being mauled by Sungmin for almost all afternoon.

“Yeah Hyung but, I’m worried he’s been late for an hour, maybe something came up or there was an emergency or his stupidity get in the way-“

Jongwoon smiled towards the younger’s agitation, he lifted himself up from where he was seated and placed his hands on either side of Sungmin’s shoulder’s

“Hey.” The smooth caressing voice Jongwoon sported at that moment felt like a sedation, washing over the panic in Sungmin’s mind. The older man smiled sweetly. “If you’re this nervous, then maybe he is nervous too, you haven’t seen each other for a long while, remember? I’m sure he’s dying to see you but like you he’s wrecking his brains on how to talk to you, you two, after all have something way more than being just bestfriends, and you left it hanging when you leave him.”

Those were true, Jongwoon’s words were enough to make Sungmin broke a smile and sighed to relax himself, looking at the older man with pure appreciation.

Many things have happened, and eventhough Jongwoon’s being this sweet sometimes made him wonder if he did the right choice a year and a half ago, but he can’t keep pretending, he can’t keep being selfish. Jongwoon needed his…

“Son of a !”

A loud curse broke the serene silence and a slamming of the door echoed to the whole house, brown messy hair, tall broad figure, enticing eyes and incomparable air of confidence.

Cho Kyuhyun entered the hall.

But Sungmin frowned, and before he can react he felt himself tumble to the side as his bestfriend stormed pass him, yanked Jongwoon off and grabbed the older man’s collar. Kyuhyun’s shaking in anger as he hoisted Jongwoon who seemed puzzled at Kyuhyun’s sudden reaction.

“You lying, cheating bastard!!” Kyuhyun shouted through gritted teeth and Sungmin, even though confuse held off his bestfriends arm and force him to move away from the older.

“Kyu- what are you talking about?!” Sungmin asked shaking in fear as he stand to cover Jongwoon from the raging Kyuhyun, this is not how their first meeting was supposed to be. This was too twisted.

“He’s cheating on you!” Kyuhyun pointed rudely at Jongwoon. “With him!”

Ryeowook looked confuse and hurt when Kyuhyun pertained to him, disbelief across his face as words wouldn’t came out from his mouth

For a moment, Sungmin didn’t understand the situation, not until Jongwoon mouthed in a low whisper. “You didn’t tell him?”

Sungmin’s eyes widened. He know the situation now but what he didn’t know is how Kyuhyun would react if he knew, he’s not ready. If Kyuhyun realized the truth, would he root for him, or would he rather not to.

“Wait!” Sungmin shouted turning to  Jongwoon and grabbing him by the arm. “I’ll talk to them alone, first.” Sungmin said as he lead the older man away from his raging bestfriend, grabbing the younger who seemed dumbstruck.

Kyuhyun remained unfazed by Sungmin’s sudden reaction that he never had the chance to argue, his heart hammering in anger and pain. Specially when he saw how Sungmin and Jongwoon look at each other the moment he opened the door.

Sungmin shoved the two confused men inside his room. He was panting and flushed to the lack of reasons and his mind was racing with his fears and thoughts.

Jongwoon looked at him worriedly and pat him on the head.

“Why didn’t you tell him?” the older frowned as he gathered the panicking man in his arms for a tight hug.

Sungmin looked up, tears starting to form from the the side of his eyes. He had never seen Kyuhyun that angry, and his bestfriend values him beyond reasons, but he’s afraid. Afraid of what will happen if Kyuhyun knew that he is no longer committed, that he give Jongwoon’s freedom months ago.

Sungmin hiccupped and Ryeowook came nearer to pat his back, catching up to the current situation.

“I-I can’t bring myself to tell Kyuhyun that you and I broke up before I left Seoul, that I love him so much that I can’t lie to you anymore, I’m sorry Hyung…”

Sungmin crumbled in shame and guilt but he knew that he was not yet ready. That he needed to cover up this crap of a pretense once again.

TBC

A/N: Someone have guessed right? But… since Sungmin’s an idiot he’ll make Kyuhyun’s visit from Jeju one of the remarkable landmark of this story.