06: Reaching the Reality

Reaching You!

Sungmin rolled his eyes for the umpteenth time that day covering his now apple red cheeks with his cap.

He has been humiliated  enough during the past day when Kyuhyun made this extremely exaggerated commotion on the bear museum, making the whole world know how he, the great architect Lee Sungmin fawned over the bears like a little girl years ago. He almost choke his bestfriend at the museum’s café for teasing him, yet again, with the bear who he used to cuddle and dream about weeks after they came back to Seoul. Setting up the revenge, their day ended with him cooking the brunette’s most hated dish.

This day, is another day for him to endure his two guest’s vacation. It was okay for him to accept that the people with him hasn’t been on Jeju for years but what he still can’t figure out is why, his Leeteuk hyung suggest for them to check out the ‘Loveland’ He was eyeing the elder the whole day sending death glares and planning on how he would kill this insensitive ahjussi since he figured out that Kyuhyun isn’t too comfortable with the situation either.

“And here! My precious friends, presents one of my favorite positions… ever!”

Leeteuk proclaimed with his hands spread out, presenting a statue of a man and a woman sitting on top of him, her back arched making a conclusion to the tourists that the man’s entering him from behind. Sungmin immediately flushed red to how loud Leeteuk’s voice is and Kyuhyun smack the elder with his bag.

“What the hell was that for!”

“You’re too noisy hyung!!” the bestfriend’s shouted in unison.

“It’s not like you haven’t tried this position before, both of you had a lot of ual experience already, so no need to be flustered.” The elder laughed at them who both wanted the ground to open up and swallow them whole.

“Really Hyun, do you need to emphasize it.” Kyuhyun ruffled his hair in annoyance and Sungmin looked at him, it wasn’t a usual expression from Kyuhyun, he hasn’t seen this man as flustered as he is now. If were mentioned in front of the other before then he will puff out his chest and proudly say that he had ed so many woman and even if he refuses, those women keep rooting for him. He is a very appealing bachelor after all. But now, that confidence already melted into embarrassment.

Kyuhyun peered over him and immediately look away before walking towards the bench, not before smacking his hyung one more time.

“The hell’s with you kid!!” Leeteuk shouted over the bored Kyuhyun.

The elder trailed his vision to Sungmin and Sungmin met his knowing gaze.

“You know, it isn’t nice to lie to someone, especially if that someone is your bestfriend.”

Sungmin’s eyes widened at the accusation the other has thrown, heart pounding relentlessly on his chest. Did Leeteuk know his secret? Why? How?

“Yep I knew that you and Jongwoon aren’t together anymore.” Leeteuk’s expression turned serious and the dread washed over Sungmin’s face. “Why do that unnecessary thing?”

“H-How did you know Hyung?” was Sungmin’s immediate answer. “Did you tell him?”

Leeteuk felt sorry for the apprehension now visible in Sungmin’s face, but it’s really not nice to lie to someone especially if the lie is unnecessary. He knew for a fact that Sungmin’s just afraid of admitting that he loved Kyuhyun all along and that all the relationship he tried to be in are just an excuse to find someone that could replace the other in his eyes. And Kyuhyun’s like that too…

Why relationship never worked for Kyuhyun is simple, Kyuhyun loved Sungmin all this time and the and affection he’d been looking for is right there in front of him, but, knowing his attitude of being a playboy. He pushed the thought out of his head, because Sungmin is that one person he could never hurt, he’s that one person he will protect from himself.

“I just knew it, it’s obvious. But, I’m pretty sure that Kyuhyun hasn’t figured it out yet, so you better tell him soon, before he figured it out himself.” Leeteuk smiled remorsefully at the trouble currently brewing in Sungmin’s thoughts.

“B-but I just can’t-“

“Stop being conceited. It’s not you who’s going through so much trouble now. It’s him…” Leeteuk said with seriousness written all over his face. “I hate to take sides Min, but this time… I really think you’re being irrational.”

“Hey you two! We still have another spot to go to, what are you still doing there?!” They heard Kyuhyun shout and Leeteuk’s expression changed to a gleeful one before sprinting towards the brunette leaving Sungmin in a daze of confusion.

***

“What’s wrong, you’re awfully quiet ever since you came back from Love land.” Jongwoon said approaching the busy or apparently, preoccupied Sungmin currently washing the dishes with his mind away from what he’s doing.

“Teukie-hyung knew the real deal… that we’re not a couple…” Sungmin regrettably sighed looking at the elder with eyes seeking for explanations but Jongwoon knew about this anymore so he smiled reassuringly at his troubled ex-boyfriend.

“Yeah, he confronted me right away on their first night here. Apparently he disagrees with the plan but he wanted you himself to say the real deal to Kyuhyun so probably he kept his mouth shut.

"Sungmin. Why don't you tell him the truth already, why wait for the right chance when it's right in front of you? Is it because you're afraid? But what frightens you? By the looks of it Kyuhyun would never do something that will hurt you and he needed you... Why make it difficult?"

"I don't know... I-" Sungmin sighed. "I'm afraid that I might lost something really important, that if I tell him then it'll mark as the end for our friendship if it didn't go well, I'm afraid that we will forever drift apart... I'd rather keep this feelings trap inside me than suffer from loosing him."

Jongwoon hugged Sungmin's shaking form, this is the least bit of comfort he knew he could give to the other. "You know Min, the more you do something to keep him close, the more it'll break you apart, the relationship you two had is so strong yet so fragile at the same time, one wrong move and it will shatter all the layers you carefully made to make your bond stronger... Listen to me Min.." The elder lifted Sungmin's troubled face placing a soft reassuring kiss on the younger's forehead.

 "Give the two of you a chance."

***

He couldn't hear what they were talking about or his mind just out at that sight. He walked away unable to carry on with pretending that he was okay he's currently regretting his urge to help Sungmin with the dishes, he should've just stayed sprawled on his game room, drink some wine and -

BAM

"!" He cursed loudly nursing his aching forehead, he bumped unintentionally into something smaller than him.   

“Ow…” The voice from the one he bumped in to made him looked up, the guy named Ryeowook is currently nursing his head and was about to retort something when his eyes locked on to Kyuhyun.

The two of them never talked much over the vacation, in fact, they didn’t talk at all, Kyuhyun is awkward with anybody else off his interest, and not that he had anything against the smaller man, but he felt extremely bothered with this person.

“Oh! Cho Kyuhyun-ssi! Sorry… I wasn’t looking…”

But Kim Ryeowook seems oblivious to the offended look the young CEO gave him. He just talked to the other like it was not a big deal and offered his hand to help Kyuhyun up from being sprawled to the ground by the impact.

“What are you doing here? Do you want to see Min?” Ryeowook asked pulling Kyuhyun up who still preferred to keep his silence rather than chat with this overly hyped little guy.

“Hmm, what are you looking at, why don’t you enter? Sungmin’s just finishing up the dishes.” Ryeowook talked trying to walk passed Kyuhyun when suddenly the other grabbed him on his elbow.

“Wait.” Kyuhyun muttered pursing his lips as he tried to fix the words cluttered in his mind. It was an intimate moment for Sungmin and his boyfriend, so he guess that maybe they were interrupting something if they decided to enter, but on the other hand if he will think about it thoroughly, he could just interrupt the two, and be the best blocker like he was, who cares if the two lovers get embarrassed with their current state, he’s their guest for a while so he might as well try to hinder any intimate contact the two had.

But still…

" I mean you don't want to go in there, uhm..." Kyuhyun battle with the words he was about to say and Ryeowook's confused expression didn't help him to come up with a viable excuse

 “Hmm… what are you babbling about, why would I not go in there?” Ryeowook chuckled freeing his arms from Kyuhyun. “Mr. Cho, you’re really absurd…” the smaller laugh before he proceeded but just like Kyuhyun he stopped in his tracks when he saw Jongwoon and Sungmin in each other’s arms.

He, knew what’s the real deal. Unlike Kyuhyun who had no idea about anything. He should understand the situation may just be an act or pretend. Sungmin and his current boyfriend is officially over. Jongwoon loves him, that, he knew perfectly well but still… why does his heart aches at the sight?

“Oh I see-“ the smaller man chuckled masking the small pinch of jealousy he had. He turned around and he saw the exact same expression he harbored in Kyuhyun’s eyes.

That’s what he didn’t understand. Why Sungmin place the person who obviously loved him into such pain.

“Shall we disturb them?” Ryeowook asked. He pitied Kyuhyun for believing such an obvious lie so he decided to barge open the kitchen door, making Kyuhyun gasp in disbelief and the two occupant pry away from each other.

“Wookie…” Jongwoon greeted Ryeowook with a smile but Ryeowook didn’t feel like smiling at all instead he turned towards Kyuhyun tugging him closer to the room, the other gaping at the smaller man’s guts.

“Stop being all lovey dovey. We have dishes to finish.” Ryeowook said with a sly smile. “Come on Kyuhyun-ssi. You have to help Min-hyung with all this stuff while Jongwoon Hyung and I finish the table.”

After that commanding sentence, Jongwoon moved instantly to follow the smaller man towards the dining room, with a smirk of satisfaction for he knew why Ryeowook approached them like that. The little kid’s the jealous type, and he has so much of a pride that he won’t verbalize that small fact even if it leads to a huge misunderstanding.

After the door closes, only silence remains to the now occupants of the closed door room.

Sungmin looked at Kyuhyun flush coloring his cheeks to the embarrassment of being seen like that with his ex-boyfriend, but then again, Kyuhyun didn’t know that, so his actions sent another set of misunderstood conclusions to Kyuhyun’s mind and he begun to sigh, helping Sungmin to the remaining dishes as quickly as possible.

It was quiet for some time before Sungmin chose to study the other, sweat trickling from his forehead through all the hard work and exhaustion that day brought to them. Remembering that this simple task is usually something the other would whine about for days, seeing that Kyuhyun didn’t make a move on to complaining things made him realize one thing. That the other truly has changed.

Kyuhyun have matured enough, and it makes him happy yet sad at the same time. The time where Kyuhyun won’t need to rely on him is just around the corner. The distance he created allowed so much growth to the other, and so much regret for him.

“You usually hate house hold chores.” Sungmin chuckled breaking the suffocating silence.

“Well, I kinda learned to do things on my own after you left my place…” Kyuhyun didn’t mean to sound like he was blaming the other but it seems that Sungmin knew that it’s only obvious that the other fend for his own the last couple of months when he’s away.

“Yeah, I’m sorry for not saying goodbye properly.” Sungmin bit his lips and look towards the finished dishes, catching the other’s attention through his change of tone.

“No, you don’t have to be sorry about that; I understand why you run away just like that, back then, who could believe some stupid play boy’s words. If I say those three words back then would you believe me?”

It was nothing Sungmin ever expected. Kyuhyun smiled sadly at the end of his sentence looking at him with an expression he never saw before. Kyuhyun finally sported a look of love, like he’s been looking at someone he had loved and lost at the same time.

Sungmin didn’t know why his heart tore at that moment. He had been wrong, so, so wrong about all these things. He had been selfish.

It was an impulse that he pulled Kyuhyun to face him, his eyes locked to the other’s gaze and his tongue couldn’t pronounce the words he wanted to say, the thing he wanted to at least convey.

But Kyuhyun could only do as much in containing his feelings, he had been hiding and restraining himself for such a long time and Sungmin’s expression right at that moment made him threw all his inhibitions in the air.

“, I had enough.” He cursed and as soon as he did he pulled Sungmin into his arms taking him by the lips, locking their distance, clearly forgetting everything else around him.

TBC

A/N: OMYGOD! They kissed and next chapter is the- oh well I won’t tell it to you yet kkk. Please wait for it in just a few bits okaayyyyy????