08: Reaching You

Reaching You!

“Kyuhyun, It’s not what you think, I- I mean-“

“It’s not what I think?!” Kyuhyun’s voice shook in anger as he slammed the door fully open making his bestfriend flinch. “Tell me what should I think huh? You lied to me Min, why would you even do that?!”

“I was scared.” Sungmin explained. “I’m scared to tell you the truth because then I will have to tell you that I have loved you for so so long, being that the main reason as to why I broke up with Jongwoon. I’m scared to admit what I felt because you might leave and we can-“

“So you chose to leave a year ago without facing me, loosing connections, not talking to me over the phone, making me confuse about everything, did you realize how much I missed you or how much I worry about you… I’m your best friend! You should’ve trusted me, at least a little bit…” Kyuhyun blurted out. “Why would you lie about being together with Jongwoon when you clearly knew how much I’m hurting…”

Sungmin clamp his hands on his mouth trying to muffle the sob coming out of it. Composing himself again to speak. “I- I didn’t know Kyu, I didn’t know you were sincere, I was afraid that maybe, that… maybe the situation is just you being scared of me leaving, you didn’t want to lose a friend so you will say that you love me when in fact you don’t.”

“But you were mistaken Min.” Kyuhyun sighed. “I’m in love with you. Crazily, totally ed up in love with you.”

“But I think,  even  if I say those words sincerely, you won’t even believe it since you already think I was lying, that I only needed you to be stuck up with me.”

The look of utter surprise in Sungmin’s eyes made Kyuhyun laugh melancholically, brushing his hair with his fingers.

“Yes, I’m in love with you … and I spent my time thinking that you were owned by somebody else.” Kyuhyun chuckled looking over at the speechless Jongwoon who’s staring at him apologetically.

“Well, if you have nothing more to say, I’m just here to tell you that I’ll be coming back to Seoul tomorrow, and after this night I think it’s really best to just stay as friends.” Kyuhyun spoke and without glancing at Sungmin, he walked out, stopping abruptly before sighing. His mouth opened to the words Sungmin dreaded.

“Or better yet, we should just stop being friends.”
 

***

“Kyuhyun!” Leeteuk called out the younger man who mindlessly walked back to his room ignoring the calling of his hyung.

The elder knew that Kyuhyun didn’t mean what he said, who would want to lose someone he had been with all his life over some stupid lies and arguments? Kyuhyun himself regretted it the moment those words slipped his tongue, but he’s just too hurt, and he had his pride. Unlike Sungmin, Kyuhyun rarely express his feelings, he was a stubborn selfish brat who only wanted to collect woman and them. No strings attached. But with Sungmin, he was different, he showed care, priorities, open up his deepest secrets, be sweet and supportive, protective and possessive. Sungmin, is one person, Cho Kyuhyun would want to be attached to. It was a huge question mark as to why the younger only realized his true feelings recently.

Well you can’t blame him, Kyuhyun was indeed scared to admit that he loved the other seeing that Sungmin wanted something permanent in his life and he, Cho Kyuhyun was known for being the most temporarily minded person in the world. The younger was afraid that maybe he’ll never be the one Sungmin needed in his life.

Leeteuk looked at Sungmin who remained frozen on the spot, shaking his head as his eyes show the pleading, a message Leeteuk already recognize.

“I’ll talk to him. Just hang on okay… you two can’t end like this.” The elder smiled before he followed the younger to his room.

***

“hyung, were leaving for the airport tonight, I already called the cab company and they will be sending someone over. Did you already pack your things?”

Leeteuk didn’t answer for a while, he jut observed Kyuhyun paced back and forth in his room.

“Stop pacing!” Leeteuk scolded the younger man who stopped at the command of his hyung. The heavy breathing of the man is visible to the rapid rise and fall of his chest. Kyuhyun didn’t bother to say anything before he slump right back to the bed, covering his eyes with the back of his hand.

“What the hell is this Hyung…” Kyuhyun finally spoke, still on that same position. “Why would Sungmin lie? Is he really that afraid of me?

Leeteuk chuckled sitting at the empty space beside Kyuhyun. “You can’t blame him, you, after all had been sleeping with random girls ever since your hormones became activated.”

“But Sungmin is almost like me…” the younger whined.

“But he is looking for love, he is not the one who’s leaving the other after a few nights together. He’s usually the one who’s left behind.” Leeteuk said with a knowing grin. “I know you didn’t mean what you said earlier Kyu, I know you didn’t want for the two of you to end up just like that. Why are you even holding back? Sungmin’s single again right? Now that you know it, shouldn’t you be making your move now.”

Kyuhyun removed his hand from his face, pursing his lips as pink tint his pale cheeks. Of course, he had already considered it and he didn’t know how would he react to the new found information, he had the chance now, he can court Sungmin and he’ll never had to worry about rivals. He can have Sungmin but is he really going to forgive the other for purposely hurting him?

“He’s too scared to fall in love with me, what makes you think I had a chance?”

He said turning around the mattress before burying himself on his pillow.

“We’re leaving tomorrow Hyung. That’s final.”

**

The morning seems like to agree with the foul mood, it was raining heavily when Kyuhyun pulled his luggage to the cab. There wasn’t any mouth-watering breakfast served unlike the past days, it was only Ryeowook who appeared in front of them making sure that they were properly satiated before leaving.

“So the picture, when I confronted Sungmin about Jongwoon cheating…” Kyuhyun asked on the porch, carrying his last few hand-carry baggages.

“Yep, that was true, me and Jongwoon hyung had been together for a while now.” The smaller man smiled apologetically.

Kyuhyun chuckled. “You were in it too? It must have , sharing your boyfriend.” The young CEO sarcastically replied but the smaller man wasn’t the least bit intimidated by the attitude.

“Yeah, it because he really loved Sungmin back then and I am downright jealous with their friendship now but…” the smaller man looked at Kyuhyun confidently. “At least… I didn’t waste my time thinking about the pros and cons of taking the man I love and making him mine, I was willing to be a rebound because I am confident that he’ll fall for me. What about you Cho Kyuhyun ssi? Are you really willing to give up already?”

Kyuhyun frowned before bidding goodbye, stomping his feet on the way that the puddles splashes through his well polished shoes. He entered the taxi slamming the door making the elder man looked at him in surprise.

“What’s with the attitude?” Leeteuk nudged him but the CEO muttered a simple ‘nothing’ before transferring his attention to the passing road.

**

“They’re gone. What now?” Jongwoon asked the sulking Sungmin who’s still staring blankly on the road where the cab Kyuhyun called for parked earlier.

He felt stupid and he didn’t know what should he do to reverse whatever damage he did, but it was too late, Kyuhyun won’t even forgive him with these mistakes and he was sure, knowing the man’s attitude for years, that Kyuhyun won’t even turn back to look at him, the brat’s prideful and he was just a plain idiot.

He clutch the cell phone he had on his hand. Should he let this go, just like that?

“Do you think he meant what he said when he told me he love me?” Sungmin asked the elder who laugh lightly.

“Who knows…” Jongwoon answered shrugging his shoulder. 

“But isn’t he worth the risk?”

**

“Last call for the flight to Seoul…”

Kyuhyun laughed startling his fellow passengers who’s lining up on the queue to board the plane to Seoul, the weather’s still ed up but it seems that it is still suitable for flying.

“Hey, have you gone mad?” Leeteuk asked frown on his brows as Kyuhyun continued laughing, clutching his stomach.

“Yah, people are starting to stare, what the hell’s wrong?”

Kyuhyun composed himself, sighing heavily before facing the elder with a smile painted on his lips.

“What am I doing Hyung, I’m in love with Lee Sungmin yet I will go back to Seoul because of some stupid argument, some stupid lie. Is my love really that shallow?” Kyuhyun looked at the elder before sprinting against the crowd.

“Where are you going you retard! We have a plane to catch!!”

“Go ahead Hyung, I’ll just take what I left here at Jeju.” Kyuhyun shouted back.

**

Sungmin sprinted out of the car going as soon as it parked in front of the airport, leaving Jongwoon and Ryeowook.

He waited impatiently for the pedestrian light to turn green to cross the road and as soon as it did he stepped forward hurriedly when he saw the familiar mop of brunette hair across the road, hair matted against his forehead as the rain continued to pour.

Kyuhyun looked at him, and recognizing that the person he left was already standing across him, just a few steps away.

Sungmin was about to take a step forward when his best friend yelled.

“Sungmin stop right there!”

The called man stopped and frowned. “Kyu! I’m sorry…” Sungmin shouted. “I-“

“Yeah! I know you are really sorry but please just shut up for a moment.”

“B-but you’ll get drenched –“

“I said shut it!” Kyuhun shouted startling the other.

A seconds of silence passed and Kyuhyun grinned from ear to ear leaving the other man confused beyond his wits. The cars begun to pass them and Kyuhyun decided to take a step forward.

 “What the are you doing stupid !”

“I’m trying to reach you!”

The brunette shouted from across the pedestrian, unable to focus his self because the rain continued pouring above him. He wiped his face but the smile remained.

“I promise, to never let you out of my sight.”

One Step.

“I promise, to hold your hand when you’re too nervous.”

Another Step.

“Kyuhyun! Just come over here! You’ll get run over or something-“

Kyuhyun shook his head. “Listen to what I’m saying!”

“I promise, to not lay eyes on other woman, never again unless you cross dress into one!”

Sungmin flushed, the people around them looking at him with scrutinizing stares.

“ Kyuhyun! Stop it!”

 “That’s a turn on Min.”

“Oh ! Kyuhyun!!”

“Okay, okay.” Kyuhyun recomposed himself and take one more step the car honking at him before swerving a bit, cursing him as soon as he passed the brunette.

“I promise, to be there, when you need me. I promise, to drink wine every single moment you want one, to stay with you and eat all the cakes in the world though I might die.”

One more step.

“To cuddle you up when you sleep and to be there every single time your eyes open.”

Sungmin clapped his hand against his mouth. Suppressing the tears falling aimlessly from his eyes.

Kyuhyun’s step reached halfway from the pedestrian.

“I promise to offer you everything I can, to be the best friend you’ll ever had.”

“And the world’s greatest lover meant only for you.”

Kyuhyun confessed letting the rain wash away any remaining doubts, he’s finally sure, finally ing sure that all he wanted in life is Sungmin.

“Sungmin… I knew I’m new at loving someone and to top that falling in love with a man, but I promise you, I’ll be everything you’ll ever need, just please, take me in, I can’t settle for anything less than a lover.”

“Idiot! Stupid! Son of a ! Why do you need to shout so many embarrassing things!” Sungmin retorted tears still spilling from his childish whining. “You conceited! Full-of-himself bastard!”

“But-“

“Enough!” Sungmin shouted as Kyuhyun threatened to take another step. “Stay where you are or I’ll punch you and throw all your games or burn them.”

“Sungmin…” Kyuhyun sighed.

“Stay where you are.” Sungmin cried. “Because I’m coming over there. “

With that said Sungmin sprint and ran towards the surprised man, meeting him halfway. When they were both in front of each other, Sungmin smiled warmly.

“Look at you, you’re all wet…” Sungmin giggled his voice clouded with tears concealed by the falling rain.

“You shouldn’t always take things by yourself, it’s a must that I share and cover the other distance. It’s an equal exchange okay.”

Kyuhyun sighed, smiling as he lowered his head towards Sungmin’s forehead.

“I’m in love with you, and it’s making me crazy.”

“Yeah, I know.” Sungmin replied reaching on to Kyuhyun’s nape. “I’m sorry for all the lies. I love you Cho ing Kyuhyun.” Sungmin said pulling the taller man closer into a kiss.

 

A/N: Should I end it… I think not. ^^ I still think you would want to read how those two survive being a couple ^^