01: Reaching A Year and A Half

Reaching You!

5 Days Earlier

“Wake up! You sleepy dog excuse for a CEO! Wake up !!”

‘Huh’

“Shut up Hyung! I’m sleeping I’m tired.”

“Tired of what? Your ing Star Craft!”

Kyuhyun stirred rolled to the side and flump screaming a loud ‘OW’ when Leeteuk dragged him while he’s rolled in his blankets.

“Hyung?! What’s the matter, it’s still…” Kyuhyun peaked above the blanket to the fallen alarm clock on the carpeted floor that reads ‘6:30 am’ “It’s still ing 6:30am Hyung!!!! Lemme Sleep!!”

“I would if you didn’t push the limits last night and play Star Craft till half past four in the morning!” Leeteuk screamed still dragging Kyuhyun to the kitchen.

A groan escaped from the young CEO’s lips. “I’m just finishing up my enemies. Come on! Have pity on me…”

“I will if you didn’t say that excuse for 7 more rounds, seriously Kyu, stop being an !” Leeteuk huffed  dropping the caterpillar Kyu’s feet, who’s dozing off into wonderland before he’s even finished talking.

A heavy annoyed sigh escaped to the older’s anger-infused flaring nose.

“Sungmin’s at your doorstep you know.”

As soon as those words escaped Leeteuk’s mouth the bundle of white sheets sprang awake, with Kyuhyun jumping like an idiot towards the mirror flattening his bed hair before jumping (still bundled up on the sheets) towards the doorway.

Leeteuk didn’t know if he should feel sorry or laugh at Kyuhyun’s desperation to see his bestfriend but he knew it was a dirty trick to wake the other up because Sungmin was never on Kyuhyun’s doorsteps that morning, nor did the other appear on those spot for the past year and a half.

Kyuhyun’s smile was wiped at an instant to the empty hallway. Realizing that Sungmin’s not there, he removed the sheets grudgingly glaring at Leeteuk.

“Dirty cheater!” He cursed at the older stomping his foot towards the breakfast laid out for him, literally stabbing the pancakes.

“I have to do that you know.” Leeteuk grinned apologetically sitting across the table and begun eating his fair share of the breakfast. “Anyways, speaking of that bunny dude, when is he coming back?”

The topic seemed to dampen Kyuhyun’s mood, he stuffed the pancakes and muttered ‘I don’t know’ before chewing.


Of course this topic will bring a frown on Kyuhyun’s forehead. Leeteuk knew it well, Kyuhyun really fell in love with the other and he’s still blaming his indecisiveness for that, that he became torn between wishing Sungmin would come back and hoping otherwise. According to him, he’s still not worth it that’s why Sungmin still didn’t come back from that accursed Jeju (Kyuhyun’s made a habbit to throw a nasty cursing before the name Jeju)

At first, Kyuhyun’s been depressed all about it, specially when Sungmin rarely called or texted, but he got used to the feeling of missing someone that it wasn’t new to him at all. They talked about trivial things when they got the time but other than that anything akin to romance is discarded, so Kyuhyun tried his best to pry away from the subject.

He initially thought that his frustrations about his relationship with his best friend are all on a whim and he reconsider that maybe all his feelings are rooted on the fact that there was a probability of Sungmin, the one he’s been with all his life, will be taken away from him, so he thought that it was best that Sungmin indeed went away, but after a few days, weeks, months he realize that that wasn’t the case, since he’d been missing the other a lot and any proved to be boring that a little while after the 6th month that Sungmin’s been away, he stopped doing one night stand and diverted into playing star craft.

Yep, Kyuhyun never had for over a year already.

“Shouldn’t you think about hanging out? Go with me to bars and clubs, there’s a new one opening just round the corner.” Leeteuk suggested at Kyuhyun who concentrated at his pancakes.

“Hmm, don’t think so Hyung, I’ll be finishing some papers for the proposals and some star craft bonding.” Kyuhyun sniggered through his food, swallowing hard and taking heaps of creamed latte.

“Yah!” Leetuk kinked the younger by his shin making Kyuhyun docked to his aching leg. “Stop sulking it’s been over a year already, get over it and have fun. You’re depriving yourself too much.”

“Ow.” Kyuhyun groaned. “I can sue you for child abuse you know.”

“Oh stop being overly dramatic. I’m saying this as a statement and not a suggestion. I think you should go out and have fun. Meet some new girls and or guys if you want them and just make them your lover so that you can move on.”

“I don’t need moving on Hyung. I’m not heartbroken in the first place, I stopped one night stand since it’s not healthy so stop being an .” Kyuhyun replied begrudgingly earning a scowl from the other.

“Denial as usual.” The older muttered under his breath. “Then if you’re so sure, why don’t you go out for a while, prove to me you’re not just a bitter love-struck idiot.”

Kyuhyun was never in the mood to argue and he really didn’t want to go but his pride shouldn’t be trampled upon like that. A lit of fiery annoyance passed his eyes and Leeteuk grinned for he knew he had won.

“” Kyuhyun cursed to the hysterical victorious laugh of his hyung.

***

He ran his finger through his blonde hair, slightly matted since he’s been under the sun for a while, the sea air from the resort blew and a smile cracks on his perfect lips. Thick rimmed glasses were adjusted to read through the somewhat flow of the time table, perfectly timed to the completion of this resort.

“Hey baby!” he heard a familiar husky voice wrapping his arms around Sungmin’s shoulders who sighed at the greeting.

“Hey, have you eaten breakfast? Why are you out here already.” Yesung asked pinching the side of Sungmin’s cheeks.

“Argh!” Sungmin tried to swat the man’s hand away. “Jongwoon-Hyung stop being so cuddly early in the morning! I’m trying to work this project out okay…”

“Hmf.” Jongwoon made a disgruntled noise huffing and staring at the time table and blueprint in Sungmin’s hand. “You rarely play with me because of this baby of yours.”

Sungmin chuckled at the pet name he and Jongwoon give to his masterpiece, the highlight of the resort. It’s a lighthouse at the middle of the bungalow penthouse. It’s common in Jeju only that this light house were walled by a painting of an ocean in twilight, colors blending to form a perfect horizon you can see over the Jeju island seas, hand painted by Jongwoon and Sungmin, and when you try to climb the metal staircases it will create the sound that if you travel the expanse of it using the stairs to the top, you will form a whole melody.

“You know I love you Hyung but, this is different.” He sighed dreamily. “And it’s going to be completed…”

“That also means you’ll come back to Seoul, right?”

The question startled the younger.

Seoul seemed to be a frightening place for him in the past year, yes he escaped the confinements of that place or rather, the confinements of someone from there. He’s scared, too scared because he will face a feeling he had hidden for too long.

Call him a coward, but if you have love someone for over a decade and had kept it inside, locked up and never revealed, once that person whom you directed all these hidden feelings for started to give something to hope for, something that would closely be related to feelings more than just being friends, it will startle your world and you will find yourself falling for this person because your pandora’s box of affection will open, without even reconsidering anything.

And if Kyuhyun’’s intentions and feelings were not of romance, it will crush him. It will literally kill him, and they can never be friends once again. He left, so that what they had won’t be overthrown by complicated feelings such as love…

But is being friends enough?

Yesung held him in a tight embrace, knowing that he had triggered a deep worry on Sungmin’s mind, he pecked Sungmin’s forehead and hum him a song. A song Sungmin knows...

“hyung…” Sungmin whined. “Why are you singing that?”

“Because…” Yesung said playfully. “It’s a song we impart on that baby of yours…”

“I still don’t understand why you write us that a song, you clearly are a hypocrite…” the smaller man spat at him.

“Yet you cried when you first heard it.” Yesung said and Sungmin’s smile turned that of sadness. “Aren’t you the hypocrite now?”

“Hmf.” Sungmin huffed and Yesung held him tighter and begun to sing.

“hogshi salmui kkeute nega seo itdamyeon

“If you are standing at the end of
my life


jogeum deo gakkawo jil su itdamyeon

if I can get closer to you


nan modeun geol da beorin chaero

I can throw away everything


neoege dallyeogal tende”

and run to you”

“Don’t worry Min… ‘Selene’ will be finished soon, and then the distance you created should be shortened too, It’s about time… don’t you agree?”

 

TBC

 

A/N: Hahaha It appears this will be a fic that is based on a song. Try to research it (and of course it’s lyrics)… kkkk I think the song fits the theme of this fic, since ‘too close’ can be ‘too far’ too. L

 

So this will be the pilot chapter for ‘Reaching You’ did you wait long? I’m sorry but right now priority is still priority, the chapters of this fic will be slowly update until I finish ‘Luck Stealer’. Hope you support my fics and thank you very much for reading. ^_^