On friends, and faith.

Penning Skydragon
Kwon Jiyong had a ed up personal life, that much he knew. From his relationships, to his general wellbeing - it seemed he couldn't do anything right. But Chaerin.. Chaerin was always there. Every time he broke down, she patched him up and tended to his wounds so gently, and so carefully, that at times he'd ask her why she was still around. And every time, she would stare at him blankly and reply, "Why would I leave you, oppa?"
 
Jiyong had a lot of wounds that cut deep into his soul - but he was grateful that they all became scars eventually, because Chaerin would stop the bleeding every time. 
 
It all started with the uproar over his Shine A Light concert. Everyone judged him, told him he shouldn't have included the bed scene, berated him, gave him advice he really didn't need, or want, for that matter. Chaerin simply stood in front of his door with a suitcase, and announced that she was staying over. 
 
When Jiyong flung his phone at the wall, she merely swept away the broken pieces of his phone on the floor, threw it away and looked at him sternly with her arms folded over her chest. "Oppa, not everyone can understand creativity, and not everyone will see things the way you do. And that's their problem, not yours. What people think shouldn't matter to you." 
 
When he got caught up in the scandal, YG told him this had to be the last time he ed up, because they couldn't afford to deal with more scandals. The 2NE1 girls, sans Chaerin, gave him an earful about how "he could do better", and the disapproving looks from his labelmates seared into his soul. Chaerin merely patted him on the shoulder, told him he was an idiot and then made him some brownies. 
 
The night before the hearing, Jiyong yelled at her to leave him alone because he was a -up, he would always be a -up, and he didn't want to infect Chaerin with his diseased mind. And he will always love her for responding the way she did - she came close, wrapped her arms around him - and as they sunk to the floor together, Jiyong sobbed brokenly into her chest while she his hair and whispered, "You're a wonderful man, Kwon Jiyong. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise."
 
So as his friends celebrate his 26th birthday, Jiyong scoots closer to the blonde and envelops her petite body with his lean arms. Chaerin yelps in surprise at the sudden contact, but relaxes into the hug anyway, and rests her head against his chest. Her voice is muffled as she asks, "And what is this one for, oppa?"
 
"This one-" He smiles down at her. "-is for always being there for me, Faith Lee."
 
If there was anything in Jiyong's life that he was eternally grateful for, it was Lee Chaerin.