Keeping In Touch

Penning Skydragon

7th August:

Her phone beeps in the middle of the night, and Chaerin curses as her hand blindly s for the device on her bedside table. She squints at the screen, glowing dimly in the dark.

From: Kwon Jiyong 

Nice dance practice. Your dance moves could be sharper, though. Just saying. 

The blonde rapper yawns sleepily as she stretches on the bed, and types a reply, the corners of her lips pulling up to form a smile. 

_______

Jiyong's just about to enter the car waiting outside Heathrow Airport, when his phone starts playing 'The Baddest Female'. So he stops at the cab door, and pulls out his phone to read the new message. 

From: Hunchae

Thanks for the advice. Sleepy as . Have fun in London. 

"Sir, are you getting in or not?" The irritated cab driver interrupts Jiyong's typing, but he holds up a hand apologetically, and presses the 'send' button before sliding into the car with a smirk on his face. He was born with a compulsive need to always have the last word. 

________

His reply comes just as Chaerin is about to fall asleep, and she mutters something about strangling Jiyong before reaching over to check her phone.

From: Kwon Jiyong

Yah yah, no oppa no nothing? I think you're getting too comfortable with our friendship, dongsaeng. Don't take advantage of it~ 

She rolls her eyes at the message, sends her response and switches off her phone. Her oppa could wait, Chaerin thinks as her head hits the pillows for the third time that night.

_________

When he receives her text, Jiyong can't help but let out a sudden bark of laughter. The cab driver turns to glare at him, and he simply grins sheepishly before redirecting his attention to his phone. He shakes his head in amusement as he re-reads the message.

From: Hunchae

Omo, I'm so sorry Jiyong oppa! Thank you so much for the advice oppa, you're the best! I can't believe you took the time to watch 2NE1's video, you're such a caring oppa~ Take care of yourself in London! G-Dragon oppa hwaiting!!

Happy now? 

But seriously though Jingyo, take care. 

Jiyong can actually hear her reading the first part of the message with fake enthusiasm, her aegyo on full display like it usually is when Chaerin wants to drive home a point. The Big Bang leader sighs as he runs a hand through his pale hair, a wide grin on his face. She really was one of a kind.

 

9th August:

This time, Chaerin is the one who stays up late, occupying herself with TV shows while waiting for 1 AM to come. She figures Jiyong will be up by 9 AM, London time - and if he isn't, she'll call him anyway. So when the clock strikes 1, Chaerin grabs her phone and presses #3 on her speed dial.

He answers after the first ring, his voice hoarse from sleep.

"Why are you up so late?"

"Have you watched our music video?"

There is a pause on the other end of the line, followed by the introduction of 2NE1's new song. Chaerin waits patiently for Jiyong to finish watching the video, and by the time the song stops, her stomach has tied itself into knots that would have qualified her for a Girl Guide badge.

"Well?" She asks anxiously, worried that Jiyong didn't reply immediately. He usually had lots to say when it came to her work. 

"I like it."

"But...?"

"But..." He exhales slowly, and Chaerin finds herself dreading his reply. "..did you really have to make bedroom eyes at the camera?"

She sighs in relief. "Oppa you're so ridiculous sometimes."

"What-"

"Thanks Jingyo! I'm gonna go back to sleep now, have a good day, you overprotective old man." 

He hears the click sound, and as the line goes dead, Jiyong frowns. He really didn't like the fact that everyone was going to see her bedroom eyes. 

 

12th August:

He doesn't just text this time - Chaerin's phone rings persistently at 3 am, and she's so tempted to fling it at the wall opposite her bed just so the stupid device would shut up, but it's Jiyong, and she figures whatever he has to say is important. 

She answers the phone, and the sound of Jiyong laughing uncontrollably greets her ears. 

"Jingyo?"

"Did you like your outfit today?" He manages to gasp out in between laughs, and she rolls her eyes heavenward. Dear god, please help my oppa grow the up.

"It wasn't that funny!" Her defensive tone causes him to calm down, albeit momentarily. 

"Okay, I'm sorry. It wasn't funny.. Rinnie Mouse."

She hears laughter on the other end of the line again, and sighs. "Did you wake me up at 3 in the morning just to make fun of my Inkigayo outfit?"

"Hell yes!"

Chaerin hangs up without saying anything, and crawls under the comfort of her blanket again. She wasn't really angry at Jiyong, but she didn't have the energy to deal with his antics at the moment. 

Her phone beeps again. 

From: Kwon Jiyong

Please forgive me Rinnie Mouse!

In all seriousness though, I really am sorry, and I hope you'll forgive me before you go off to dreamland. Good night, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite. 

P.S. I actually thought you looked really cute in that outfit. 

___________

From: Hunchae

I don't know why I still put up with your antics. Have a good day oppa.

P.S. Seoul's boring without you. 

He grins as he reads her message. This is what Jiyong loves most about keeping in touch with Chaerin, and all her activities, especially when they're in different countries - the distance bring out a more blunt, expressive Chaerin, and her text messages convey more emotions than her facial expressions in real life. And this, this is why Jiyong makes an effort to stay in touch with his favourite dongsaeng, regardless of how busy he was and regardless of how far he was from her.

 

A/N: Just had to get this off my chest. Inspired by CL's Minnie Mouse outfit on Inkigayo 11/8, and the new 2NE1 summer jam. It is now 12 in the morning, and unfortunately I do not have a Kwon Jiyong who is going to text me, so I shall go off to sleep and leave this for you. Have fun lovelies!