Shutting Jiyong Up

Penning Skydragon
A/N: This story sort of spiralled out of control in the 15 minutes I spent writing it.. I don't even know what to do with this pair, fanfic CL and GD always end up writing their own story instead of following my plot. Sigh. 
 
------
 
She hates how argumentative Jiyong is. 
 
If it was someone else, Chaerin would probably concede that hate is too strong a word, but when it came to Kwon Jiyong, no other word could describe her emotions pertaining to his penchant for starting an argument. It'd be fine if he wasn't good at developing arguments, but Jiyong was detestably quick-witted when it came to debating over an issue. And his mind was a bloody computer, storing everything away for future usage - so that every time Chaerin tried to defend herself against his ruthless offense, he'd remind her of something she had said eons ago, and she would be left wondering why on earth does she even enjoy his company. 
 
And it irks her, the way the rest of the world doesn't agree with her. The girls all think Jiyong is charming and assertive when he points out a mistake or a contradiction in their words, the men all give manly laughs and approving nods whenever he opens his mouth and her own father - Professor Lee, the bane of other researchers' existence - loved arguing with Jiyong. Whenever Jiyong came over, her father's eyes would glow with warmth and excitement as they debated passionately over global issues, and he'd forget all about his daughter, who, by the way, hasn't been home in seven months. 
 
She hates how he always wins too. Seriously, if Jiyong had been in her high school, he would've been the annoying, omniscient captain of the debate team with a stick up his . 
 
This is why, when she finds herself sitting cross-legged on the floor of his living room, Jiyong sitting opposite her, their heads bent over a crossword puzzle, and Jiyong suddenly asks her to be his girlfriend, Chaerin heaves a sigh. 
 
It's not that she doesn't want to be his girlfriend. It's just - she hates losing an argument to him. God knows she's done it a million times. And Jiyong's perfectly aware that Chaerin's going to say yes, because it's been exactly three years, two months and seventeen days since he stopped toying around with girls, and began to dance around her instead. But her tongue is just itching to say no, just because she can't resist picking a fight with him. 
 
So Chaerin merely glances up from the puzzle, and says coolly, "No."
 
"Why not?"
 
"Sajangnim wouldn't allow it."
 
"To hell with him, we're the ones raking in the profits, aren't we? We'll just leave the company if he says no to us dating."
 
"It's still a no, Jiyong."
 
"Why not?"
 
"Because...appa doesn't approve of you."
 
This time Jiyong's the one who folds his arms over his chest, giving her a stern look as he says, almost disbelievingly, "Chae. Be serious. Your dad loves me, more than he loves you."
 
Sad, but true, Chaerin thinks with a sigh. "Well, I don't like you!" She burst out in frustration, daring herself to meet his eyes - she hates how he's smirking at her right now. The way he's raising an eyebrow as if to say, "Come on Chae, who are you trying to fool?" The way her heart is banging in her chest, and the way she's torn between kissing him and just slugging him in the stomach for being able to read her like an open book. The way blood is rushing up to her cheeks, tinting them with a telltale red blush that makes Jiyong grin wider - and much to her alarm, he's leaning closer and closer towards her, so close... if Chaerin was to move forward, their lips would touch and.. 
 
She shivers visibly at the thought of this, and pushes the blond rapper away in a panicked frenzy. "Jiyong, I'm not even kidding, if you come closer, I'm going to-"
 
He's close now; so close she could feel his breath on her lips, so close she could see the tiny flecks of light brown in his chestnut irises, so close she has to resist the urge to trace the bridge of his nose.
 
"Going to...?" Jiyong asks slowly, a teasing smile playing on his lips as he watches a very flustered Chaerin try to regain control of the situation.
 
"I'm going to.." Chaerin breathes out dazedly, dizzy and lightheaded as she tries to muster up the energy to push him away. 
 
And just when she is about to cave and let him kiss her, Jiyong pulls away with a laugh, and a wicked glint in his eyes. 
 
"Do you still not like me?"
 
Instead of giving him an answer, Chaerin leans forward, and claims his lips in a sweet, sweet kiss that has Jiyong humming in approval as his back is pushed against the couch. This isn't exactly their first kiss - oh no, the leaders were notorious for being touchy around each other, especially under the influence of soju. But this.. this felt like a kiss Chaerin would remember. She'd definitely remember the way his lips seem to fit hers perfectly, the way his hands slowly cup her face, as if he's hesitant and unsure of what to do - the way this feels so right, as if Chaerin had been made solely for the purpose of being with Jiyong, and vice versa. 
 
When she pulls away, he's wide-eyed and breathless, and the front of Chaerin's shirt is curled up in his fist. 
 
"You should do that more," Jiyong manages to rasp out, still breathing heavily. This time, Chaerin's the one wearing a smirk on her face as she raises an eyebrow at her - well, Chaerin thinks he's her boyfriend now, but she isn't sure yet.
 
"What, shut you up?"
 
"I was talking about the kissing part."
 
"Why would I do that? I only kissed you so that you'd be quiet, for once."
 
"Hey, kissing's good for your health. It's scientifically proven! Research has shown that-"
 
She sighs as she leans forward, interrupting him once more. 
 
"Jiyong. Shut up."
 
As their lips meet, the only thing Jiyong does is nod his head, before they both lose themselves in the kiss.