On Annoying Teddy

Penning Skydragon
Park Teddy was not a violent man - he was actually quite gentle most of the time, and very fond of his juniors. It was hard, however, for him to feel any kind of fondness towards Kwon Jiyong as the younger man shifted in his chair for the thousandth time that day. 
 
He sighs as he watches Jiyong shift yet again, and turns back to the computer. At least he's not making sounds, Teddy, now back to work. Teddy squints at the screen, reviewing the song he had been working on for the last three hours. And the stars, they call out to-
 
Tap tap. Tap. Tap tap. 
 
"Oh for the love of God."
 
Jiyong looks up from his notepad, startled by Teddy's frustrated cry. "Everything okay, hyung?"
 
"Ji, I love you and all that , but if you don't shut the hell up I will kick you out."
 
"Oh sorry hyung." He put the pencil down sheepishly - he had been tapping it against his notepad unconsciously - and for a few minutes the room was blissfully silent. 
 
Until-
 
"What's up hyung?" 
 
Teddy stares at Seunghyun, who closes the door behind him and settles comfortably on the couch. He turns to Jiyong, who was now humming under his breath. He looks at the unfinished song on his computer screen, and groans wearily.
 
"Ji, do me a favour, will you?"
 
As he turned, Jiyong sees Teddy's car keys flying towards his face - without thinking, he drops the notepad and caught it in one hand. "What the-"
 
"Good reflexes. Now go and pick the girls up, and get out of my studio."
 
Jiyong stares at Teddy for a moment, confused. "Aren't they coming back next month?"
 
"Chaerin and Bom are coming today, something about their visas. Pick them up, will you?" Teddy swivels his chair around to face Seunghyun, who was already dozing off. "Oi! Big boy!"
 
Seunghyun's eyes fly open almost immediately, and he squints at Teddy for a moment before asking groggily, "Whassa matter hyung?"
 
"Teddy hyung's kicking us out," Jiyong replies drily, already at the door. 
 
"No way man. I'm gonna go back to sleep," was Seunghyun's response as he closed his eyes once more. 
 
"I'm going to pick up Chaerin and Bom noona."
 
Seunghyun cracks open an eyelid, and looks at Jiyong suspiciously. "I guess I have to go, to, you know, help with the luggage and stuff," he explains to Teddy before practically running out of the room. The older man glances at Jiyong, who now has a smirk on his face, and frowns disapprovingly. "Yah, you can smirk all you want, but do it in the car. Get out, Kwon."
 
"Yes sir," he replies quickly, closing the door behind him. Teddy sighs gratefully as silence descends - finally, peace.
 
***
 
"Does my hair look okay?" Seunghyun asks for the umpteenth time since they arrived at the airport, nervously running his fingers through his hair again. Jiyong merely shakes his head in response before glancing at the information board again. 
 
"They should be here by now."
 
"Maybe they decided to not come back."
 
"Maybe Bom noona didn't wanna see your ugly mug, hyung."
 
"Maybe you should shut up, you little rat." 
 
Jiyong chuckles, tiptoeing slightly so he can see over the crowd. He thought he saw a flash of red hair somewhere..
 
Seconds later, Bom emerges from the crowd, pink in the face and slightly out of breath. He glances at Seunghyun to make sure that his hyung hadn't passed out or anything - Bom noona had that effect on him, Jiyong thought wryly. As expected, Seunghyun looked completely dumbstruck at the sight of Bom, and swallowed quite audibly as she reached them. 
 
"Hi!" Bom says breathlessly, leaning in to hug Jiyong before continuing, "You wouldn't believe how many people were on the plane with us! We thought it was going to be relatively empty, but a bunch of tourists decided to fly to Korea last minute, and it was completely packed."
 
By now, Seunghyun had already recovered from his initial shock to gesture at Bom's new hair. "It's short," he comments, and Jiyong had to give him credit for sounding so calm and collected. 
 
Bom touches her hair consciously, her cheeks colouring pink again. "I thought it'd be fun to try something new," she replies, looking at Seunghyun uncertainly. Seunghyun's lips turned up in a smile as he said, "You look as pretty as ever, noona."
 
Jiyong cleared his throat awkwardly, putting an end to his hyung's charming-gentleman tricks. It wasn't that he didn't enjoy watching the two of them flirting shamelessly, but it had been a couple of minutes since Bom had appeared, and there was no sign of Chaerin yet.
 
"So where's Chaerin?"
 
"Ah, she got held up by a flight attendant. I think he was hitting on her," Bom said. "I'm gonna go get my luggage, alright?"
 
"I'll come with you," Seunghyun replied quickly - a little too quickly, Jiyong thought as he tried to refrain himself from smiling. He waved goodbye to the two of them before turning around to scan the crowd again. 
 
"Where are you, Hunchae?" He murmured, crossing his arms over his chest. 
 
As if answering his question, Chaerin emerges from the crowd, her ash blonde hair making her easy to spot. Jiyong frowns as he notices how skinny she had become - as he crosses the hall to meet her, he made a mental note to lecture her on the importance of eating. 
 
Chaerin was still scanning the crowd for a familiar face when she hears a low voice behind her ask, "Lee Chaerin?"
 
"Yes that's me!" She turns around-
 
-only to face the man she least expected (but really hoped) to see, a grin on his face. 
 
"What did you do to your hair?" Chaerin asks amusedly, picking up her Louis Vuitton bag before crossing the small gap between them. Jiyong's response was cut off as the petite blonde threw her arms around him - he lifted her off the ground and spun her around a few times, causing Chaerin to squeal. As he set her back on her feet, Chaerin smiles at him and exclaims, "I didn't expect you to fetch us!"
 
"Why, were you expecting your beloved Teddy oppa?" Jiyong asks, stopping himself from making a face just in time. 
 
"Well, sajangnim said Teddy oppa was the only one who wanted to pick us up, so.." Chaerin's voice trails off as she glances at Jiyong, who was having a hard time reining in his jealousy. Afraid she would burst into a fit of giggles, Chaerin starts to rummage in her bag for her phone, grinning all the while. 
 
"Sajangnim didn't even tell me you were coming back! I would've picked you up, Chae," Jiyong says indignantly, insulted by the insinuation that he didn't want to pick Chaerin up. She looks up from her bag, raising an eyebrow at the dark-haired man.
 
"So you're saying you'd ditch recording just to pick me up?"
 
He grins sheepishly. "Well-"
 
She laughs at this and pats him on the shoulder. "Just as I thought. It's okay oppa, I know how you are. Work before everything."
 
As they stop to wait for Seunghyun and Bom, Jiyong glances at the blonde next to him, who was concentrating hard on her phone. "So Bom noona told me a flight attendant was hitting on you," he says casually, trying to sound as dismissive as possible.
 
"Mm-hmm," she replies, still staring at her phone.
 
"You rejected him, right?"
 
Chaerin glances at him, a smile playing on her lips. "Well, I considered him for a moment, because he was ridiculously hot..." She ignores Jiyong's scoff at this, and continues, "But I didn't think you'd approve of him, so I told him I was a lesbian."
 
Jiyong chuckles at this, wrapping his right arm around her waist as he does so. She rests her head on his shoulder, sighing tiredly as she keeps her eyes trained on her phone, conscientiously checking her Instagram feed. They remain that way while waiting for their two seniors, and neither feels a need to say something to break the comfortable silence until-
 
"Black suits you, oppa," she says quietly. 
 
"Thank you. You have no idea how much I missed you." Jiyong presses his lips into her hair softly, and he feels his cheeks heat up as Chaerin turns to smile at him. 
 
"I missed you too, Jingyo."