Shirt Sharing

Penning Skydragon

 

Jiyong doesn’t really mind when Chaerin wears his clothes, because seeing her in his button down shirts makes him feel like a proper boyfriend. So he doesn’t know why the sight of his shirts hanging in her closet sparks a feeling of irritation in him. Maybe it was the fact that most of the shirts looked rumpled, like she didn’t take care of them. Maybe it was the fact that his favourite football jersey was amongst the collection of shirts, and he had been looking for said jersey for quite some time now, even accusing Seungri of stealing it from him. Or maybe – just maybe – it was the fact that he hadn’t eaten anything for 8 hours straight, and Chaerin was taking too long to get dressed for dinner.

Whatever the reason was, it’s enough to make Jiyong rib his girlfriend about not returning his shirts. And what starts out as playful banter turns into…

"-you've never minded so I don't know why-"

"Do you even wear these shirts?!"

"Why would it still be there if i didn't wear them?"

"-never take me seriously-"

"-such a child sometimes, oppa-"

"-and you're a shirt thief!"

Oh Kwon Jiyong you're an idiot, he thinks, as Chaerin falls silent. Oh -

"Fine. Here, take all your precious shirts. Go ahead and bring them home. I hope you ing drown in them!” An irate Chaerin yells at him, throwing one of the shirts at his face. Jiyong knows that the sensible thing to do was to apologise, and maybe kiss her until she calms down – but then again, he’s never been famous for being sensible, has he?

So the only words that come out of his mouth are, “You know what, I’ll be back for the rest of the shirts tomorrow, when you’re mature enough to not throw a fit over this.”

Jiyong is well aware of how contradictory the statement was, because really, he’s the immature one throwing a fit. But he's pretty sure his huge ego will die down tomorrow, and he needs a reason to crawl back with his tail between his legs to beg for his girl's forgiveness. So he simply stalks out of the apartment, slamming the door behind him, and leaves his enraged girlfriend - who, by the way, was all dressed up for dinner.

______

He comes back at 3 in the morning, after hours of tossing and turning on his bed – partly out of hunger, mostly out of guilt. Jiyong figures he’ll crawl into bed and kiss Chaerin all over her petite body until she forgives him – and if that doesn’t work, I guess I could sleep in the car, he thinks to himself as he unlocks the apartment door and lets himself in -

- only to stop dead in his tracks and stare at Chaerin, who is sitting on the floor of the living room. She stares back at him, a graphic tee in her hands (his graphic tee, to be exact) and a pile of neatly folded shirts next to her.

Three options run through Jiyong’s mind. He could:

  1. Pretend he was picking the shirts up now because he didn’t want to see her tomorrow.
  2. Grovel at her feet and beg for forgiveness.
  3. Leave the apartment and dig a hole deep enough for him to hide in for the next century.

 However, as his girlfriend’s lips form an endearing pout, and as she bats her puppy-dog eyes at him, Jiyong knows he’s putty in her hands. So he chooses option D, and crosses the room to sit on the floor next to her.

"I'm sorry I didn't give them back," Chaerin whispers, wrapping her arms around Jiyong’s neck as he pulls her closer to sit on his lap. He rests his forehead against hers, relieved that they were okay – he had a penchant for blowing things out of proportion, and Chaerin was not one to be trifled with.

“I’m sorry I overreacted,” he whispers back, leaning in to kiss her – but she shifts in his lap, and instead of lips, their noses touch. Chaerin leans in to nuzzle her nose against his, and smiles as Jiyong mumbles, “Stop being so adorable, will you?”

So she offers her lips up for a kiss, and as Jiyong indulges her, he mentally berates himself for being such a drama queen. If he hadn’t thrown a fit, Jiyong thinks, they could’ve done this three hours ago and he wouldn’t be so hungry – which reminds him of the fact that he still has not eaten anything.

“Chae?”

“Hmm?”

“Oppa hasn’t had dinner yet..” His stomach rumbles in support of his statement, and Chaerin sighs as she looks up at her boyfriend.

“Let's get you something then."

--end