Ju-On

Highway Don't Care

'The highway don't know you're alive.'

 

Kyungsoo was Chanyeol’s best friend officially on Sunday night. That night was their performance at café.

“Good evening ladies and gentleman,” Chanyeol gave the opening speech to visitors. “Today, like another day, I am, Chanyeol, with my best friend, D.O. will make your evening so bright with our first song, Pharrell Williams song, Happy. Enjoy,” Chanyeol started banging his stick to the drum set and Kyungsoo started to sing after a second.

After that night, Kyungsoo had new nickname, Chanyeol’s best friend. It was okay from Kyungsoo because Chanyeol really his best friend, and Chanyeol was pretty popular, too, in campus with his giant body frame. But it was kind of if that people didn’t know his real name or his stage name, just called him Chanyeol’s best friend. Kyungsoo had told the person that called him that at least a million times, in café, in campus, in apartment building, everywhere, that his name was D.O. with double dot. But they always forgot at the second like Chanyeol’s best friend was a kind of trend.

It was okay, too, if the people say straight like that, but it was not funny anymore when one of them change it. It was evening at the café when Ryeowook approached him.

“How are you today, Chanyeol’s boyfriend.”

“Sorry, hyung, but, I am not his boyfriend.”

“Good? Don’t forget to read Emotion and Meaning in Music for tomorrow class. See you around.”

Okay, how can a professor made his student embarrassed like that, how can a professor just say something sassy like that, and the important one, how can he made Kyungsoo read that book after made a mess! How can he can’t see the differences between word best and boy?

Okay enough, Kyungsoo just pretended that never happened. That was Wednesday when Kyungsoo decided to made a real lunch date with Taylor. He chose sushi restaurant far far away from campus building, so Chanyeol can’t smell and bugging them. And it was going pretty success and the end of the date he got a light peck on the cheek.

Maybe Chanyeol knew what Kyungsoo did at lunch time, because at the rest of that day he was always clinging on Kyungsoo, asking about where Kyungsoo was, everywhere, Kyungsoo tried to explain that he had his own life, and and so do Chanyeol. Althought they were best friend, it didn’t mean that he always reported to Chanyeol everthing what he did. But as ususal, Chanyeol didn’t see Kyungsoo’s logic, even he want to sleep over in Kyungsoo room before Kyungsoo bang the door straight on Chanyeol face.

Chanyeol was a pretty smart guy, though, he can play every instrument well, he had a great mark at every exam, but when it came to normal sense, sometimes Kyungsoo wonder about him. Kyungsoo pretty sure Chanyeol would keep bothering him the next morning. But luckily, he had many paper to finish. So, Kyungsoo had a Chanyeol-free before shift came.

Every time Kyungsoo had a Chanyeol-free, he spent his day read in the library, it was so great, he can focusing on his book. It was because when Chanyeol came together in library, he can’t keep his mouth shut, so they ended got kick out by the librarian. Yes, library was Kyungsoo’s fourth home beside, his mother house, his apartment, and Café Late Tea.

“Hey, Soo, some of my friend talking about you in my class.”

“What they talk about? That I am too short and fragile?”

“No, just like that you don’t talk too much and always bring a book everywhere… like a nerd… Hehe, sorry, that what they said. Don’t angry. Don’t shout…. I’m okay with that.”

“…”

“Really!”

“…”

“Please look at me, Soo!”

“…”

“I’m so sorry……”

“What’s wrong with you,” Kyungsoo still read something on his phone.

“It’s you, not me! How can you still okay with…”

“Look, this evening I will watch SM FC match. So don’t disturb me with your message, because I really won’t reply that. Okay. Bye then, I have a class!” Kyungsoo shouted.

“Was he really listening me?...”

Maybe some people called him nerd, but what’s wrong with reading book as one of his hobby. He liked watching football match in the SM stadium like others man. He can curse and swear so loud with other fans when their team lost. Just like another normal man. Not like Chanyeol that made Kyungsoo’s getting a little sick because Chanyeol never be serious.

After shouting out loud over the stadium with other SM FC fans, Kyungsoo took a shower and went to the café, looking for free dinner. He was really hungry. Luckily, Xiumin always there with the other eldest members, so Kyungsoo can get the tastier food than the BaekChen one.

Not every Wednesday Kyungsoo can go to date with Taylor. It was not because Taylor busy or what, but a person named Chanyeol always found a way to make a best friend time, like watching movie or riding bicycle around city park. So, here Kyungsoo was, brought many snacks to Chanyeol room which already changed become dark room and the projector, the cds, the Chanyeol were ready, too.

That day, they watched Ju-On marathon. Kyungsoo wasn’t afraid everything, ghost, high, animal, everything. So, he enjoyed the movie like the other movie. Chanyeol also said that he also wasn’t afraid of ghost, but after the curse start, he had his eyes and ears covered the whole entire time. The idea of the haunted Sakei house freaking him out. Every end of the movie, Kyungsoo must describe the whole movie to Chanyeol, from beginning to end. So, he must made his point of view five times! Maybe Kyungsoo was done a pretty good job telling the story, because that early morning at about three thirty when Kyungsoo and Chanyeol finished their shift and went to the apartment and they were heard something in the corner of the building that scared the living daylights out of Chanyeols. Okay, it just sounded like a little ghost girl who was crying or something. Kyungsoo was not afraid, really, but if someone beside him afraid, that just made him panic and followed what Chanyeol did. They practically trampled each other to the death trying to got up the apartment stairs. 

 


I never watch horror movie to the end, really. I made this plot because this night I woke up at the three in the morning because of dream about swimming competition, and do you know who is the one of my opponent, he was my friend from the middle school who was leaving this world forever four years ago after an truck versus motorbike accident. He always called me '*my name* unnie' although we were at the same age. I didn't remember that he was die in my dream, but I woke up because he called me '*my name* unnie'. That was really freaking me out, and I can't move or went out from my room, or sleep again, because that was sound real. I was afraid that if I stood up from my bed I will saw ***. If I tried to sleep ** will touch me. I pray to the God that I will try to not do bad thing for rest of my life and pray that *** be happy in the heaven. Then I just stared at my ceiling and found a funny story to calm my self, but I kept staring maybe almost one hour! I was so scared. I didn't know what happen but I felt a sleep after a thousand minutes. Okay, sorry for my bubbling, but I am too afraid for write this to my diary, that someone and something will read that. But in here, when no one know about me, it's okay, isn't? Lolol. Sorry... *sobs for that my ****** and all bad thing I ever had*

Okay, thank you for reading, commenting, subscribing, and upvoting this story. Sorry for my bad language. 

Thank you very much *deep bow*

Scary Red Riding Hood and the Magician