Best Friend

Highway Don't Care

'You're trying to stay awake so I bet you turn on the radio.'

 

The Sunday full shift not as bad as Kyungsoo thought before. Not so tired either, because before that shift, Kyungsoo had six hours full of sleeping time. Then the time looked like just rolled up, and it was already Monday.

That Monday at Professor Ryeowook class, Kyungsoo got assigned to singing groups. He could chose his own group, so he was as same group as his mate, Jongin, Tao, and Sehun. And of course he got all he wanted, he had a voice, Jongin had a y, Sehun had a face, and Tao had an entertainment, so they got A marked easily. After the class ended, Kyungsoo wondered, had he must sent Taylor noona a message or not for their practice duet or not. But when he unlocked his handy screen, there were many messages, some of them from Chanyeol, of course, and the others from his mother and Taylor noona. Okay, he didn’t must spend his time just watched he had a message or not right, he defended him self. Then he sent back the noona message, and of course an apologizing one.

In the evening, Kyungsoo already was in main hall, waiting Taylor.

“Sorry, I must borrowed this guitar from Chanyeol because I didn’t bring mine. And I am not always lucky, ne. So, Chanyeol was nowhere, but then I found his guitar in the our last class. Sorry, Kyungsoo-ah,” Taylor begged the forgiveness, which was no need. How can you not forgive a pretty girl?

“It’s okay noona, I just be there now. So we practice here?”

“Yes, lets go to that corner.”

So, Kyungsoo found out that they will perform at Wednesday. Glad to Kyungsoo. He had no class. Kyungsoo will perform as the man part of course, meanwhile Taylor as the girl voice.

They just had practice a while, because Taylor looked like always satisfied with everything, with costume, okay, with Kyungsoo voice, checked, with her voice, double checked, with her guitar part, triple checked. That’s it. They’re done. Then they decided to have a light dinner in the salad stand near the campus building, Taylor treat. So, it’s not a date, was it? Which a date when the girl was the one buying the meal. Kyungsoo date, of course. Taylor must returned Chanyeol guitar, first. Chanyeol was in the main hall, too, though. He hid behind the piano, er no, he sat behind the piano on the other side of the corner with a boy from his class. What was his name again? Khan? Kent? Pen? Or something sound like that. So, he was Chanyeol partner, huh? No, Kyungsoo was not jealous, he glad, that he was not Chanyeol partner, poor that Kent. 

Maybe he was over happy or something like that, because God decided to make Chanyeol wanted have a dinner, too. So Kyungsoo happy date with Taylor was over because Taylor seemed not bothered with Chanyeol and Khan existence. After his ruined date, Kyungsoo had bad mood until the next day.

That day, Kyungsoo learned one thing he learned from Chanyeol, it’s to set people’s expectations real low so Chanyeol end up not surprising them by doing something bad. Yes, the something bad was ruining Kyungsoo’s big date with real woman. Oh maybe, Chanyeol liked Taylor, so he didn’t want his girl with other boy.

Actually Kyungsoo kind of glad that his mood be good in Tuesday morning, but his planned to got his beautiful morning ruined by Chanyeol. Again. Chanyeol just called him on freaking five in the morning! He just got his two hours of his sleep! And what Chanyeol said just make Kyungsoo explode. A “Good Morning” and a “Have a nice day!” That’s enough. He promised him self to didn’t forgive Chanyeol forever because he can’t back to sleep, his eyes can’t close, so he decided to did his homework, he must read two hundred sixty two pages of ‘Studying Music History: Learning, Reasoning, and Writing About Music History and Literature’, just like highschooler. Bye world.

When Kyungsoo said that he didn’t want forgive Chanyeol, that was a lie. A big lie, he just a big liar, because he can’t help him self to smile when that day Chanyeol brought him a burger and his note full of strategy how to conquer the professor, from the killer one, like Kim Youngwoon, up to the sassy one, that Kim Ryeowook. After that, Kyungsoo decided that how bad Chanyeol was, he was his friend, no matter what Chanyeol did, that was not wrong, just over active friend.

 

______oOo______

 

Well, the second week in the college was finally over, a big duet with Taylor was successes, the customers started to recognized him as a great singer, the lesson was great, and now, he had someone who gave him a ride to back Sukjin Village, he was not alone. That Saturday morning, early in the morning, Kyungsoo was in Chanyeol car, listening Highway Don’t Care from the radio. AGAIN?? But he was not sleep. Chanyeol was. Kyungsoo forced Chanyeol that he was not passenger, he wanted Chanyeol sleep on Saturday morning, and the evening is Kyungsoo’s time. No complain. But Chanyeol seem didn’t want complain, he just smile and gave Kyungsoo a light hug. Kyungsoo didn’t make that hug a big deal though. He had many hugs from his mother and his brother, a hug from a friend was okay. Chanyeol was technically his best friend, but that was definitely subject to change. Maybe when Kyungsoo had his own life in Rome, or Taylor was his girlfriend, or something like that.

Maybe Kyungsoo had been avoiding Chanyeol in the first week before, Kyungsoo knew that sometimes he can be the most sensitive person in the world. But now, Chanyeol wanted to heard and did everything what Kyungsoo said about the normal person do, like don’t call in the morning, don’t make noisy sound when eat, don’t laugh if there is not funny, don’t call Kyungsoo ‘Baby Soo’, some thing like that. It was been great having Chanyeol around, mostly because he was so loyal and actually a happy virus.

 


Double update for today, hope you enjoying it. Thank you for reading, commenting, subscribing, and upvoting this fic. Sorry for my bad English and weird story, really I don't know what's going on in this plot story either. Lololol. For the one who like KaiSoo, I have this one, please read it too, thank you *deep bow*

y ChanSoo