{ 9 }

Underneath A Street Lamp
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

{  Daesung  } 


     Since my name was registered in the orphanage, any people could adopt me. So yes, I had been adopted by a lonely old woman. I always ran away from my home and hide at Wookie hyung's and Jiyong hyung's apartment. Not that she noticed whether I was home or not since she was way too old to. So therefore, I don't need her permission to sleepover at their apartment and the best part was, escaping without a problem.             I was lying on my back with my arms folded behind my head. Staring at the empty ceiling as some scenarios were playing inside my head. I cracked up a small smile, this scenario could have only happen in one's mind. And never would happen in a real life. That thought has made a sigh slipped in between my lips. I sit up and lean my back against the headboard of my bed, wandering my eyes around my old dusty bedroom. It has been such a long time since I came in my old bedroom. Although it was in utterly dusty, my bedroom was still clean. I bet Jiyong hyung cleaned it, since both of us know that Wookie hyung can't stand dusts. Otherwise he might be sneezing like there's no tomorrow.            "Daesung-ah," that familiar singsong kind of voice was talking behind my old bedroom door. Speaking about Wookie hyung, there he was. "My little princess angel! It's me, Wookie hyung!" he didn't shout though, he was just using his high pitch singing voice. Which never fail from giving the perfect one, it was beyond imperfection.            I smiled at the door, pretending seeing Wookie hyung stood there instead of that door. I swung my legs over the side of my bed and I straightened my legs afterward. I stretched my arms in the air until I saw a window that attach on the wall, just above the headboard of my bed. I used to sleep here, watching the glistening stars at night until I fell asleep. I love that moment, sometimes Jiyong hyung joined me. We don't talk much but I like it that way, watching the stars together without a word to say. I miss that moment. I wondered if Jiyong hyung wanted to join me tonight since I'm not planning to go back to my real house.             "Wookie hyung understand that you miss your bedroom but your grandmother scold your Wookie hyung for kidnapping you," said Wookie hyung with his warm tone but mixed with concern at the edges. Wookie hyung always like that, I could imagine he had his eyebrows narrowed as he stared at my bedroom door. Maybe he was thinking why I hadn't answer him.            Kidnapping me? I smiled. I walked towards the window and push it up, letting the cold wind brush against my face. The loose curtains were hitting my shoulders, slightly though. I walked around my bed and stopped my tracks when my eyes laid at a desk. The desk was inches afar from my bed, ah I remember it now    it was my study desk. I walked towards a chair, which I assumed it as the study chair, pushing it to my back and took a sit. I can't remember when was the last time I sit on this chair. Maybe it was the time when Jiyong hyung sat on my bed, still staying up although he was asleep. He threatened me that he won't sleep until I open a book and study for an useless English test. I felt bad for him    I mean come on! He's my hyung, and darn those dark circles that was starting to get darker around his eyes. So I don't have any choice but to study, not that I was actually studying since he immediately fell asleep. A hearty chuckle crept from my lips, his adorableness has making me laugh.              "She's worry about you, my little angel Daesungie. Call her, neh?" when he said grandmother, he meant the old woman that adopted me. Oh so now she noticed that I'm not in her house? Why do I even bother to sulk, it wasn't like the first time someone forgot about my existence. "Aren't you upset that your Wookie hyung got scold?" he was making that gloomy voice with a fake sob. He always did that to us to show how sad he was when we were little kids. Surprisingly, it always work. But now that we had grown up, I don't think it will work anymore. Well, sometimes it work, to be honest. He treated us like we were still five, I don't mind though because I like it that way.            I leaned my chest closer to my study desk as I arranged some books. Just for something to do, not that those books were not nicely arranged. When I was busy sweeping those dusts off from the table, I caught a wooden box that stood at the corner of the study desk. It was a homemade wooden box and by judging the look, it had been used with smooth woods that even I know I won't get any splinter if I rubbed my fingers on it. Right on the top of the wooden box, I got my name carved on it. It was mine, it belonged to me. I guess Wookie hyung was the one that made it for me. It made me curious so I opened it, the box was full with ripped papers and some old photographs. I picked a paper but I can't read what was written on it, my fault for having a bad handwriting, mind you. I remember this, I wrote it when I was eight.            I put it aside as I took a photo out, it was a picture of the three of us     me, Jiyong hyung and Wookie hyung. Wookie hyung was hugging Jiyong hyung from behind whilst Jiyong hyung had me in his arms. He had his head leaned against mine with my face was burying into his neck. Wookie hyung had a huge smile over his lips and Jiyong hyung was smiling as well, except that his eyebrows were knitted together and concern was filling inside his eyes. He tried to smile, although he was worrying over something. I smiled as I stare this photo, maybe I was crying at that moment. Maybe that was why Wookie hyung had a huge smile; it was funny to him that I seems afraid to face the camera. Jiyong hyung must be worry, I am his dongsaeng though, no more than that. I flipped the photo behind and surprisingly I can read what was written on it. It wrote as; My family, with a heart shape next to it.            A huge smile slowly plastered over my lips, it was Jiyong hyung's beautiful handwriting. This was his photo, he gave it to me when I moved out. I wondered who took this photo.             "Come out later, neh my Daesungie? Your Seunghyun hyung, Youngbae hyung and Seungri are coming here," I can imagined Wookie hyung was air quoting the word of your since he stopped for a while to giggle before he continued. I heard his footsteps were getting far from my bedroom, maybe he was making his way to the kitchen. I unconsciously scoff at the word of Seungri, I realized what I did and I almost jumped from my sit and wanting to apologize to Seungri. Until I realize that Seungri wasn't here yet. Jealousy brought nothing but a meaning of hatred, it was evil to me. I don't like this side of me, I'm getting more insane each days. This have to stop. Now. I stood up abruptly and ruffled my hair, my mind was getting in a mess. Took me some seconds before I sit as I pick the photo back.             I stared at it. I like it better when it was just the three of us. But still, Wookie hyung would be less happy if he didn't met Youngbae hyung. Whilst Jiyong hyung, I guess he was sadder if he hadn't met Seungri, that Lee Seung Hyun. Maybe it was worth it that the six of us collided to each other, but I'm still wondering why I'm the only one who was not happy? Choi Seung Hyun must be happy, since his hyung and his dongsaeng had someone special in their life.             "Jiyong-ah! Don't take the shower too long!" I heard Wookie hyung shouted from the kitchen. I was imagining that Wookie hyung has a hand on his waist with a spatula in his other hand grip. After some seconds, he continued, "Otherwise the old bold granny will drown you in the bathtub!" with a laugh after he done talking.             That crack me up. I was laughing and I wanted to have a high-five with Wookie hyung, until I remembered that I'm in my bedroom. 
   
     "Yah! It's not funny hyung!" Jiyong hyung shouted. I wondered if he heard that I was laughing too, since he was in the shower.             When we were a little kid, Jiyong hyung always complained that there was an old bold woman sit in the bathtub with him and saying that she was trying to drown him. Sometimes, I can imagined an old woman that has her hair burnt, sitting next to me in the bathtub whenever I took a bath. I got scare, not until I reached eight and realize that it was all just Jiyong hyung's silly imagination. Jiyong hyung always had wild and scary imaginations, Wookie hyung told us that the reason was Jiyong hyung's mother hit his head too much. I felt sorry, that was why when I was a little, I used to caress his head.            Ding Dong            I heard the doorbell, the sound of it filled the air and echoed throughout this apartment room. I even heard a spatula carelessly fell on the countertop kitchen, maybe Wookie hyung was shock by the doorbell. Wookie hyung was running towards the front door, I can tell because his footsteps were loud. I heard him welcoming the guests     which I knew who were them     he knocked on my bedroom door and told me to get out before he made his way to the living room. Leading the guests, as he went to the kitchen again.             First of all, I'm not going out there. There's no way I'm sitting in the same room with that Lee Seung Hyun. And second, Choi Seung Hyun was there as well, I'm still upset with his action last night. So in conclusion, I'm not going out there until they left, even if my stomach was asking for foods. I don't care, as long as I don't met those 'Seung Hyungs'.            I was picking another ripped paper when I heard some soft knocks were knocking behind my bedroom door. I thought it was Wookie hyung again so I groan, feeling annoyed and about to tell him that I'm not going out there. Until I heard a husky voice.            "DaeDae, can I come in?" I can imagined Choi Seung Hyun had an eyebrow raised up, with his balled up fist was leaning against my  bedroom door. Maybe in case I won't answer him, he might be knocking on my door again. I don't know where those imaginations came from, it wasn't like I was close with him until I knew every movement of his.            "No," I said, maybe my voice was a bit stern. I stuffed the papers and photos back into the box, quickly as I could. I stood up from my chair and threw my bo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter