{ 4 }

Underneath A Street Lamp
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

{  Daesung  } 

   

     "Hyung, you bastard! What are you even thinking?!" 

 

     As I finally spit my probably   last words, I took some air inside of me then let them out. Just as I was about to open my lips again, I heard a tiny whistle that echoed throughout the wind. I took a slim glance over my diva hyung, he had his eyelids closed with his arms were crossed. He didn't look back at me. I bit my lower lip, did he tried to calm down or did I just hurt his feeling? Ah great, I totally forget the story about his guitar. And the fact that I'd abandoned how much pain he might held by now since he didn't have his guitar to accompany him. Me with my annoying mouth, I'm literally slapping my cheek mentally. 

 

     I hollered my head over my shoulder with an eyebrow raised up when I heard the tiny whistle again. You know, that kind of whistle was just the same like someone who doesn't know how to whistle but tried it anyway. A snort immediately escaped in between my lips when I saw that dinosaur-guitar kidnapper stood underneath a street lamp. He was waving his hand, gesturing me to join him there. I curled my face to show him that I'm disgust with his offer, afterward I rolled my eyes in the most annoyed way. 

 

     Pffftt. 

 

     I'm not going there. I won't. 

 

 

•     •     •

 

 

     "I know you would come!" 

 

     He had his arms at the back of his body, his eyes were all squishy with a smile font across his lips. He looked pretty and attractive though, when the light from the street lamp glow his smile even brighter.  

 

     I crossed my arms across my chest as a groan crept in between my lips. My diva hyung's stupidity got an effect on me. I think I'd drown into my own stupidity as well. "What else do you want?" 

 

     "Shhhh," his lip went into a pout one as he pushed his pointer finger against my lips. His other hand placed on one of my wrist, I tried to nudge him but his grip went tighter. "Follow me," he was pulling me even closer to his body.

 

     I took a chance over my shoulder, taking a look at where my diva hyung was standing at. From looking at his side face, he had his eyes went wide open as he stared at where I stood before. Maybe he was in utterly shock since I'm not there with him anymore. Ah great, I'd hurt his feelings once again, twice for today. It was his biggest trauma, his biggest phobia    Monophobia; fear of being oneself or loneliness. In other words, he was afraid to be left out, he needed somebody to accompany him. If I'm not around, it always be his guitar but tough luck, neither do I or his guitar was there. I feel bad, my chest was starting to stab me with sharp needles and my stomach started to twist. I don't understand why I always hurt my hyung's feelings. 

 

     I tried to escape from his tight grip but heck, he was too strong. When I took a glance over my diva hyung, he was out from my sight already. Our distance was too far, too blurry to connect with. Ah really, this was all dinosaur  guitar thief's fault! 

 

     "Where are you taking me?" 

 

     "To my house." 

 

     Slowly, I was slowing our paces and surprisingly, he was following my rhythm. He spun his body around to face me, maybe he wanted an explanation on why I'd stop from walking. I don't know, but I guess I had my eyes went widened as I shot a look at him. 

 

     As he saw how terrified I was, he started to laugh out loud. "Don't tell me that you take it seriously!" he winked an eye at me. "I was just kidding! Come on, we're here now." 

 

     He let his hand off of my wrist and instead, he held my hand. Slowly wrapping his fingers around mine. He gave me the most innocent grin as if he was trying to convince me that he wouldn't take any advantage on me. That warm look from him has made me calm down, I guess I could trust him. We were walking towards an ice cream stall, well I didn't know that there was still a person selling ice creams at this time. He ordered us two ice creams mint but before I could pay it by my own cash, he'd already bought them with his own. I slightly gave him a bow. Whatever he did, I won't and never say a proper 'thank you' to him, if that what he was asking for. He held my hand again and take me to where the last night's mattress laid at. 

 

     We were sitting on the mattress for a while, and eating the ice cream in a complete silence as we watched those fading red and yellow lights from the town. The sound of those passing vehicles were hustling to fill up the air. Barely, just listening to our breathe. I don't really want to open another conversation with him though but something collided my thought. And I don't think that this question should be buried deep into my heart. So living with my stupidity, I asked him a question but seriously, I'm not asking for a conversation. Well yeah, maybe. "Why are you taking me here again?" 

 

  At the moment I'd asked him, his lip trapped in mute silence, and he didn't even look at me. Then again, he gave me a tiny bit of a weak smile as he said, "You don't remember,huh?" in utter of disappointment tone. "If I told you that it got to do with your beloved hyung's guitar, would you remember it again? I bet you did," he hand me a stuffed teddy that looked so worn out. Though it still look in a good condition, maybe he was taking care of it properly with full of daddy's love. So feminine. 

 

     Oh, yeah. It got to do with diva hyung's guitar? The last time that his guitar went gone was about 11 years ago     

 

 

 

     "Yah!! Don't take my guitar away!"

 

     Warm liquids were starting to leak from the corner of Ji hyung's eyes.  All that I could did was standing there, watching how Ji hyung fell to his knees as his sore sobs were rubbing against his throat. His sore sobs were mixing with his voice when he yelled at those bullies who stole his guitar toy that Wookie hyung bought for him. I'd dragged my teddy on the ground as I walked towards Ji hyung. I got down to my knees, wrapping my short arms around his body with my head was leaning against his upper part shoulder. The truth was, it was my fault that those bullies stole his guitar toy. Ji hyung didn't want to go to the ice cream stand at the first place, he was afraid that those kind of people might stole his guitar toy. Maybe because he couldn't say no when I whined, then I'd attempt to scream at him until my lips were quivering and tears were starting to escape from my red bri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter