{ 6 }

Underneath A Street Lamp
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

{  Wookie  } 

 

     "Jagiya,are you okay?" the tip of my fingertip was drawing a circle on an elevator's button. I'd let myself clicked the same button all over again. The same old bright green light that came from that button. The bright green light went fade, as the doors finally closed ahead me. I replaced my finger on the 7th floor button afterward, where my dongsaeng and I lived in. It took me some seconds before I pushed my finger on it. It's not that I felt uneasy to come home, it's just that something bothered me. I'd a feel that my other dongsaeng was there too. Don't get me wrong, I always loved my dongsaengs. The thing was, I feel bad for my other dongsaeng; Daesung. I'd eventually know how he felt for all those years we spent together. And it's just, something was ripping the inside me, I felt empty somehow. I managed to let a sigh escaped from my lip before I took a look at my left, my Jagiya didn't spoke a word since we got here. "Jagi?" 

 

     "Ah  Huh?" 

 

     I looked through into his tiny candy eyes, it occupied with nothing but anxiety. "Jagi." Those tiny droplet of sweats were starting to form on his forhead, he must be nervous. The shock tone from his voice, his mind must be drifting off to somewhere deep. Maybe he was thinking of something that could caught my dongsaengs' hearts. Something that could make them like him. Something that could make them accept him. That look he gave me, he was afraid if they rejected him. Ah, maybe this was his first time to go through the family-acceptance. Thinking about this make me in a sort of laughing situation at his adorableness. 

 

     "Y-Yah! Hyung! Why are you laughing?" 

 

     "Jagiya, ani! It's just that you look so adorable like that!" My body jumped to his, pinching his cheeks like he was just a cute little baby. 

 

     "Ah hyung! I feel really uneasy right now." He placed his palms around my wrists, struggling to escaped from my sudden pinching-cheeks-attack. "Stop it, hyung. I'm being serious here."  

 

     "Aigooo, you're so adorable!" I pinched his cheeks again before I pulled my hands down. "It's just my dongsaengs, it's not like you're going to meet my parents," I wrapped an arm around his waist instead. His head went down a little bit when I'd spit the last sentences, maybe he felt bad. Oh Jagiya, always feel sympathy whenever it came to a topic about my parents. Perhaps he wasn't planning to have an eye contact with me, after this. "Well, as if that would happen," I continued, to make sure that he won't feel any sympathy. I don't need that kind of sympathy. My parents deserve to receive a shot look of disgust. They're bad people, a kind of people who were willing to sell their own son. "What I have is my dongsaengs and you. They're just kids anyway, of course they will like you. There's nothing to be worry of, neh?" I gave a slight squeeze on his waist. Trying to make him to look me in the eyes. 

 

     He slowly lift his chin, his eyebrows were appeared narrow. "What if    ?" 

 

     "Ani. I'm sure they will like you." 

 

     My Jagiya threw his head backward as a groan slip through his lip, it sink into a whisper eventually. "I hope they will accept me, like how Seunghyun hyung accepts you, hyung. " 

 

     Seunghyun hyung. 

 

     There's something that hidden behind my Jagiya's hyung    Seunghyun's heart. It began with pain, and I guess that's what Daesung felt too. I always thought that Daesung didn't look at me as his own hyung, his own family. I'm wrong though. I knew Daesung and Jiyong weren't    ani, aren't my related-blood siblings. I knew, but I tried to pretend not to. If I didn't know that my Eomma and Appa were going to sell me, I don't think that I could meet those little amazing dongsaengs. 

 

     Yes. They were going to sell me.

 

     That day, it was the end of the empty evening, the beginning of the cold night. Like those usual old days, I'm wearing my pajama, like I always did. At the time like this, Eomma was suppose to be in the kitchen, cooking for the dinner, like she always did. And both of us would be waiting for Appa to come back from work, like he always did. But that day, it was unusual day. I was waiting in the kitchen, sitting in the dark alone. The light was off and I did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter