{ 1 }

Underneath A Street Lamp
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

     A cloudy air ran escaped through my lips as I laid my back on the top of this white piano. One of my legs was bent, whilst the other one was stomping on the keyboards of this white piano. Causing the air whispered an unpleasant sound of melody, as if it was just another kind of music to my ears. Slowly I lift both of my arms up in the air when I'd stop from stomping, screaming on the top of my lungs. I haven't scream like this lately. I bent both of my arms down, folding them and place them on my forehead afterwards. Letting my lips escaped a slight groan.



   Shush



     Those piano sheets flew around in the air as blast of wind came to fill throughout this room. One of those piano sheets slowly flew above me and eventually laid on my stomach. The wind tickled my cheeks, sending shivers against my neck and brushing my hair as it went through the unclosed windows that I'd left open a while ago.

 

     I pick up the piano sheets that laid on my stomach, my eyes rolled to the tittle of it. Not that I was interested into it, I was just bored so taking a look at it wouldn't hurt anything. I squinted my eyes, I couldn't read it properly since I'm staying in a dark room and the moonlight wasn't being a big helpful at all. I raised the piano sheets higher, in order to get some light from the moon. Ah, the handwriting of this piano sheets' owner was beautiful.  

 

 

     "Next Day" by Lee Seung Hyun.

 

 

     My eyes caught that there was a huge cross on these piano sheets, scribbles were drawn all over on it and undone piano notes were left behind. This person didn't finish his chords. I rolled my eyes at this piano sheets, now I'm not interested to this sheets since it left a melody hanging. Leaving a melody hanging is a bad crime to me. I toss it away but it laid on my stomach back, I was far too tired to fight with this thing so I let it be like that as I place my arms back on my forehead.

 

     

     Click  

 

 

     A sudden sound that came from the unclosed windows has make myself straightened the back of my body so quickly that it really hurts. I rested both of my palms on the side of my waist, trying to bear the pain. But somehow, I'd lost my balanced and due to how clumsy I am, I fell from sitting on this white piano. I fell right on the floor, causing those other piano sheets that scattered around the floor flew back in the air once again. I'm literally cursing beneath my breathe, where the hell did that sound came from? I push myself up, slowly straightened my back this time. A palm of mine was scratching the back of my head, though it wasn't that itchy at all. 

 

     I placed my palms on my bent knees, pushing them as I stood up. When I stretched my arms up, I heard some voices came from the unclosed window. Oh, so instead of me, there was still a person that stayed in this school at this hour. Maybe that person who made the click sound until it made me fell. I hollered my head over my shoulder, taking a look at a clock that attach on the wall, right above a black board.  

 

     That clock showed that it was almost 7 o'clock, it laid in between the beginning of empty night and the end of lonely evening.  

 

     I rolled my eyes away from looking at it, as my gaze stayed on the unclosed window. I heard some voices again. Okay, I need to convince myself, I'm not scare of any death spirits or phantoms or something like that. I'm going to kill that little brat for forcing me to stay up here until this late hours. A palm of mine smack on my forehead, I guess I'd leave a red hand mark on it. I shook my head as I slowly walked towards the unclosed window, thinking hard that I'm not scare. My palms were gripping on the windowsill, leaning my stomach forward as my eyes peered out of the window.

 

 

     "It's okay! Really! I still want to pay my school fees! I haven't pay anything for studying here since a year or so before," said a boy, rolling his eyes nervously to his palm     which was clutching something     as he was talking. He wore the same school uniform like mine. Well, not that I'm surprise or something, we were still at school though. "It's not that much but please take it!" 

 

     I saw that student bent the back of his body as he held an envelope towards a guy, somehow it looks like the headmaster. I leaned my stomach more forward, my eyes couldn't study them since a row of trees were blocking my sight. 

 

     "Seunghyun-ah, don't be like this," the headmaster pushed the envelope back to that student, gently. "Don't pay anything, Seunghyun-ah. And I'm really sorry for expelling you." 

 

     Seunghyun? Expelling? 

 

     That student straightened the back of his body, slowly. His eyes were trailed off to the ground with his head down, almost touching his chest. "It's okay, it's not that I could study or something," he crept a weak smile across his sleepy face when he lifted his chin back. 

 

     My eyes were twitched when I was scanning him, somehow I knew who was that student. I leaned a little bit closer     

 

 

     "Kwon Ji Yong hyung!!!"

 

 

     A door flies open widely until it collided to the wall with the loudest bang I ever heard. It was drumming inside my ears. I jumped in utter of shockness, I was so shock that the back of my body smacked on the top of this window frame. Causing another loud thud, dancing around in the thin air and echoed it to anywhere nearby. My palms were gripping the windowsill even tighter this time, pushing my stomach off from leaning against it. I placed both of my palms on the back of my body, squeezing my face in between pain and curl, dramatically.

 

     Cursing again, I'm cursing beneath my breathe without I could realize it. I threw my head backward when I bit my lower lip to fade the pain that bind inside of me. I'm going to kill to whoever that open the door so loud that I hurt myself. 

 

     I spun my body around to face the door, where it have been opened with a loud bang, as slowly as I could. My eyes caught a little brat was standing right after the door, with his eyebrows were furrowed. There, my little brat, the one who were forcing me to stay here until this late hours. Well, I had to admit, I'm such an idiot for agreeing to stay here. I still got a point though, I'd agree to him because I thought we were going to rehearsal our performance. But I'd never thought of waiting for him to come here. So then, I'm an idiot. 

 

     "Yah hyung, are you stalking on someone?" 

 

     That's my little brat. If I'm an idiot, then he must be the babo. He has this deep voice that he could melt the long lasting loneliness and that could coloured the emptiness with crayons on the edge of your heart. He has a great voice that just could flew through inside your soul. His sleepless night that has make him eager to join me staying up until midnight. His tiny eyes that were adorable; his tanned skin that stands out; his thick, beautiful lips that was amazing; his milk yellowish hair that seems touchable. He's my closest friend; closest dongsaeng; but both of us never had been nice to each other. Well, he is Kang Daesung whilst I'm Kwon Ji Yong, there's three things that we have in common    being an idiot, music and an issue. And the rest, let's just say that we fought in a lot of things. 

 

     Seriously, when I'd mention join me staying up until midnight doesn't mean that I want to stay in our high school. What I'd meant was having some rehearsals at my apartment until midnight. But he had misunderstood and thought that we both should be having rehearsals at our high school. That's makes us the two idiots. 

 

     "I'm not!" 

 

     Whilst I am, I'm just an anonymous person. Who spoke through every single beat of melody, who won't talk unless I want to because I always told myself that words are cruel. Words would make a little deep straight line across the heart, it always hurt someone. Words are just cruel, a monster, a piece of a confusing and twisting art. I'm just an anonymous, who plays the guitar up until midnight. Rhyming the soft streams of my guitar with the deep blue sky that has been coloured by a dark blue crayon. Trapping my lips with the endless silence, as if I shut my lips close into a mute. I'm a nobody, an anonymous, a stranger, who sang the blue out from my locked heart through music. No one knew me, no one noticed my existence, I'm just there. 

 

     "Then why are you looking out the window?" 

 

     "Shush!" I pushed the side of my pointer finger against my lips to him, gesturing him to shut up for a while. I spun my body around to face the window once again as I leaned my stomach against the windowsill. Somehow my gaze met with the headmaster, together with that student when I'd leaned in.

 

     They were lifting their chins up to me, I think they heard the loud sound when I smack the back of my body on the top of this window frame. The headmaster was giving me a huge grin, as if he knew that I was eavesdropping on their conversation earlier whilst that student was giving me a sheepish smile. Why is he giving me that kind of smile? Did he knows me? My palms were trembling as my eyes were widened up, I push myself away from the windowsill so quickly that I threw myself to the floor. They caught me.

 

     I let myself sat on the floor, as this thing inside my chest was knocking me heavily like it was just another beat of a melody. I bite my lower lip, I couldn't think a thing since my head was blank and I could even feel my own cold sweats were rolling on the side of my forehead. I heard some laughter were echoed and a bid of goodbyes came from the unclosed window. In the middle of between the mute silence, I hear some footsteps were approaching towards me. It stopped his paces, the noises of a skinny pants that were bending down echoed. 

 

     I could hear the sound of some fingers were slipping at the back of some papers. The fingernails were somehow giving some scratches on the floor, though I knew they were only having a slight touch on it. Maybe that little brat was collecting those piano sheets that were scattered around the floor, the mess that I made earlier. "Hyung, I didn't know that you're a stalker." 

 

     I took a glimpse glance over my shoulder, that little brat was sitting on the floor as he was collecting those piano sheets. My eyes were squished, giving him a sharp glare before I rolled my eyes. "Shut up, you punk! And for your information, I'm not a stalker," I brush my palms against on each other since I could feel the grayish dusts were attaching on my palms. I straightened my knees back, brushing the dusts off me when I'd stood up.

 

     "Hey hyung," that deep voice was echoing throughout this room, giving a note of melody at the corner of my heart. "These piano sheets has your name on it," he lifted his chin, reaching his arm up in the air towards me. Between his thumb and his pointer finger, he'd clutch the edge of a piece of a piano sheets.

 

     I took a moment before I spun my body around with an eyebrow raised up. "If you're trying to prank me, don't. Because April Fool was way over anyway so     "

 

     "Hyung, if you aren't going to take it, fine. I'm going to throw it anyway," Dae was about to stand up but before he could, I snatched the piano sheets from his grip. A hint of a smile font over his lips. I love it when he did that, his angelic smile.

 

     It was the piano sheets that has undone piano notes, the one that has been left hanging. Having a tittle of "Next Day", written by Lee Seung Hyun. Yet, I'd never notice that my name was written there, inside the half way lyrics. My arms fell to my side, along with these piano sheets as my chin lifted up. "Daesung-ah, do you want to do something else today?"

 

     His forehead wrinkled into a confusion, one of his eyes were squished closed as like he was thinking of something. "What do you mean hyung?"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter