My Honey Bunny Sweety Monkey

My Honey Bunny Sweety Monkey

Yeonhee lay static on her bed, a tuff of white fur cupped against her chest, her hair webbing out across her pink and yellow sheets, knees bent, feet crossed over near her bottom. Jaejoong had left a few minutes ago, right after the photoshoot end that blonde man just force him to walk her home. She felt a little happinnes in her heart though. She’s been avoiding him, yes, but in order to get him to make the first move. There’s no way, she’ll gonna say hi first to him.

 

She wanted to teach Jaejoong a lesson, and maybe teach herself a lesson, a lesson to get over Jaejoong and move on.

The ride itself was awkward, nobody spoke it just like both of them are waiting for another to say a word. At home Jaejoong  had been cordially attacked by Mrs. Lee with her ever-clasping warm hands and loving squeals --actions that clearly screamed 'Marry my daughter oh expected future-son-in-law whom I approve dearly!'-- which moreso than ever, frightened the poor man and ignited a bright red glow on his cheeks. Jaejoong of course, avoided blurting out any abrupt opposing comments which would have most likely offended his mother's dear best friend, and opted to keep his mouth sealed in the shape of a sheepish smile, nodding accordingly to everything Yeonhee's mother was throwing at him. And then running away quickly back to his car.

Re-enacting the giggle she had let out during the ordeal, Yeonhee held Hamtaro up against the blinding light that beamed from her ceiling, casting a comfortable shadow against her face. For a few seconds, she lay gazing at it... him. Like an animate being, Hamtaro had a gender, a personality, and a soul. And it was often in times like this, when Yeonhee immersed herself in isolation, was when she'd speak to this little friend of hers and confess all her worries to him. And he'd listen, take it in and smile at her. He was a muted companion, but he didn't need words to comfort her. His presence was enough. And if Jaejoong had ever wondered what type of men had replaced him during the ten years they missed, Hamtaro was just that. And he was a cute type of guy, a white and fluffy fellow with beautiful brown eyes --much resembling Jaejoong's, albeit in another colour; and had cute little front teeth that jutted out slightly, which had always reminded Yeonhee of Jaejoong when he'd smile in that dorky Jaejoong-like manner that was so distinctive of the dork that called himself the member of DBSK.

To Yeonhee, Hamtaro was Jaejoong. He was the Jaejoong she befriended and loved, to replace the man she thought she'd never see again. But it were the words from fourteen year old Jaejoong that had carried itself inside Hamtaro emanation that kept the flame burning, the flame that kept Yeonhee strong with hope. The hope of meeting him again.

Everytime Yeonhee would even so much as glance at Hamtaro, she would instantly be reminded to keep her chin up with a smile, no matter how feeble and meek; the slightest smile had the potential to grow. And Yeonhee was never one to wallow in pessimism, so she carried on with her life with a smile, one that wasn't forced, but willed; because she knew that no matter the circumstances, she was going to see him again. She was going to see Jaejoong.

And it happened.

But she hadn't prepared for it. For most of their life together, from the very first understandings of a child, she loved him. But because love bears the many interlacing nuances of its meaning, for years she was never fully aware of exactly what type of love she had for him, but she just knew that in the broader sense, she simply loved him.

And he loved her too, she knew it. But only as a close friend and perhaps like a sibling.

Nothing more.

And because his love for her was bound to those factors, no matter how strongly, it still meant that his love had boundaries.

And it hurt.

It hurt to think that it had no potential to grow. That it was going to stay like that forever, permanently frozen and cemented down for eternity.

And she knew that if their mothers had actually officially made it known that they were going to marry their children, even if they told the entire world and pledged it down on stone... Jaejoong was going to evade it. Yeonhee knew the kind of man he was. He was the type who stuck to his heart. He would never agree to something that he didn't want to do on so many rational reasons. And marrying Yeonhee was just one of that.

And she was aware of it.

And she was certain that she was going to try to keep it to his level.

Forget her love for him.

 

Caressing the soft white fur that lay beside her face, sitting peacefully on her pillow, Yeonhee poked her soft toy with a lazy finger to instigate some sort of response, anything to tell her that he was listening all along. Hamtaro, a prince of silence, only smiled knowingly at her; an affirmation that he understood, and agreed to every bit of profession Yeonhee had just whispered wearily to him. It was a mutual understanding between two companions. And Yeonhee wished it also applied to her relationship with Jaejoong. A mutual... love. She wanted a mutual love. With him.

Suddenly, a digital buzz murmured against the wood of her side table. Groping for the the equipment that vibrated hastily near her Doraemon clock, Yeonhee flipped open her white cell phone at the instance her fingers fell in contact with it.

And instantly, a spirited voiced attacked from the other side. "Hey Yeonhee, it's Jaejoong!"

Startled by the energy of the voice and how joyous the man seemed to be, Yeonhee fumbled for words as she pondered on how to greet him. "What do you want?!" she blurted absent-mindedly. Pausing to realise how far from friendly that sounded, she attempted to rephrase once more, "I mean...hellooo... there..."

Suddenly feeling slightly offended that Jaejoong had called, assuming that (Jaejoong's accusation) was the motive of this cultivating conversation, Yeonhee felt the need to ask for the reason of his calling. "So ah... what's up?" And she was relieved it came out friendly, free from its interrogating undertones she managed to conceal.

Inhaling in all the courage he can, "Are you..." he started, nerves jumping about beneath his pale skin, "...busy tonight?"

A-HA! I KNEW IT! "Um.. well..." The engine in Yeonhee's mind fumbled to think of an excuse, any excuse to evade having to allow Jaejoong get forgiven so easily. "...I kind of...want to sleep." she managed to utter. A lame excuse, but an excuse nonetheless.

Glancing at his watch, "At... 6:43PM?" Jaejoong protested in disbelief.

"....." A very lame excuse indeed, and Yeonhee wished she had the wit to have thought of something more logical. But somehow, by the tone of Jaejoong's voice, he seemed to be genuinely friendly. This people, haven’t they know that me, Lee Yeonhee don’t give forgiveness so easily!! You have to work hard Jaejoong..

 "Later I meant..." she snorted, "But I'm free now and I really don't have anything to do, so..." she mumbled half audibly as a part of her conscience screamed out The hell are you doing?! Do you WANT to be accused as an easy woman and maybe...ed by the utterly most iest flaxen person  to ever walk the planet? Although... that doesn't sound too bad of an idea ahaha NO KEEP YOURSELF TOGETHER WOMAN!!! She couldn't believe she was actually risking it. She needed to see for herself if Jaejoong's assumed hidden intentions were true, and this was the only way to find out.

Extremely content with Yeonhee's response, a wide grin began to surface on Jaejoong's face again as he sputtered "OK AWESOME 'CAUSE LIKE I WAS THINKING THAT YOU KNOW MAYBE WE COULD KINDA SORTA HANG OUT TOGETHER JUST CHILL AND CRUISE AROUND YOU KNOW DO WHAT PEOPLE DO AND EAT OUT HANG OUT AND STUFF!!!"

Jaejoong fell silent from realising how indubitably retarded he just sounded as he cursed silently to himself. On the other side Yeonhee seemed to have paused too, clearly baffled by the ecstatic string of words.

'And stuff' ...?! o_O; If he pulls any sleazy moves on me, I'll simply kick him in the nuts and run and tell my mom! We’re not even married yet. OK, good plan. "Yeah cool, time and place?" Yeonhee managed to say in a composed manner.

"Uhh..." Jaejoong hadn't actually planned anything as his mind was only clouded with the intent to just meet up with her, to just see her again, alone. "Maybe have dinner?...somewhere...I dunno... Do you want to do anything in particular?"

'Do anything in particular'(insert ual overtones here) !! o_O; "No... not really, no."

"Um... I know a great place that has good food with an awesome view, so... do you wanna give that a try?"

'Give that a try'(insert ual overtones here) ?!! o_O; "Uh..."

"I'll pick you up in say... fifteen minutes?"

'Pick you up'(insert ual overtones here) !!?! o_O; "...um..."


"........?"

"....CANIBRINGAFRIEND?!!!"

What why?! "Uhh.... well......" But.. don't you wanna hang out with me alone? "Oh..kay.... if.. you really want to.... I guess...." T^T "Who are you planning on bringing?"

"My mom!"

"NO!!! ..I mean.... I ..don't think.. she's free tonight... YEAH she said she was busy..." Jaejoong fibbed, shifting his eyes frantically from side to side.

"....." Remember Yeonhee, don’t give up easily to him. "Alright, I guess it'll just be us two then..." she laughed nervously which soon morphed into a sigh. Jaejoong was a gorgeous man, sensual in a cute, bashful kind of way; and downright charming. Not only did Yeonhee have to prepare herself to fight against Jaejoong's inner sleaze, but she also had to fight the side of her that was physically attracted to the beautiful creature. Two battles in one. And it wasn't going to be easy....