My Honey Bunny Sweety Monkey

My Honey Bunny Sweety Monkey

“But I lied”

 

Yeonhee almost popped up her eyes when she shockingly stared Yoochun. While the one who received glare just maintain a straight face like nothing happened.

 

“YAH!!!” Yeonhee get up from her chair and started to chase Yoochun who apparently started running while laughing.

 

They continued a good 5 minutes chasing in the empty café they stopped because the manager kicking them out afraid that they’ll be breaking any stuff. “You shouldn’t do that, now how could I bring my face when I go to this place again, it’s my favorite,”

 

Yeonhee just rooled her eyes, “You’re the one who lied to me,” she started to walk away but stopped and look back, “And I haven’t finished my cappuccino, Hmph!”

 

“Hei, you could take mine,” Yoochun offered his already drink cappuccino to her. “Eww, I don’t wanna share germs with you,” Yeonhee put a sickening face while Yoochun only smile.

 

“She’s our producer’s daughter”

 

“……….”

 

“She like doing that kind of thing hugging Jaejoong because she like him. Jaejoong couldn’t say no because he’s afraid that she’ll be mad and tell her father and perhaps he’ll cancel our album”

 

“you like Jaejoong aren’t you?”

 

“…………”

 

“Want me to help?”

 

“!!!!”

 

-----------------------------------------

 

 

It was a beautiful morning. The five members of DBSK sat encircling a wooden table in their practice room.

 

Junsu fidgeted in his seat, he let out a flustered sigh. He couldn't stand it, he’s bored. Changmin stared his laptop behind fallen eyelids, he didn’t sleep last night for he must study for his next exam in University. He’s a genius, marked that.  Yunho twirled his pen around in his as he read over a sheet of paper that neatly stationed itself on the wooden surface, thinking about the new choreography. He was concentrated. Jaejoong took a bite from his crumbly cinnamon doughnut while fixating his gaze on the band member, complain silently why choose to buy this over-calorie doughnut and not his infamous healthy cooking. Yoochun fondled his hand of the piano absent-mindedly as he smirked at his confrontation with Yeonhee yesterday.

 

"Can we take a break?" came Junsu's voice.

 

"Su, we've only been in here for fifteen minutes." Yunho replied composedly as he took a sip of Cola, another over-calorie drink Jaejoong’s hate.

 

Junsu only creased his eyebrows together as he sighed again and decided to poke Yoochun randomly.

 

"Hey, that actually sounded alright." Jaejoong complimented, "What do you think, Changmin?"

 

The instance of hearing his name, the tall man jerked up slightly from his slouched position over his laptop, fluttering those dark drowsy eyes of his open as if suddenly being reborn. "What?" he questioned the air, unsure of who had called out his name.

 

Jaejoong shook his head with upturned lips. "Wake up, man!" he chastised lightheartedly.

 

"Oh... sorry." Changmin repented with a sheepish grin. "I couldn't sleep last night..." he confessed rather wearily.

 

"What were you doing last night?!" Yoochun chuckled, his inquiry emanating with ual overtones, naturally.

 

Changmin could only glance over to the blonde with an amused smirk.

 

Suddenly, an abrupt knock on the door had penetrated the short silence as Yuri burst in --the way she always does. "Sorry to intrude, but we just need to check the garments over there." she beamed, pointing to the sprawled layers of fabric on the side bench.

 

Yoochun's ears perked up from the word 'we'. Yuki was obviously not alone, and he stretched his neck over to eye the figure behind her pregnant body, hoping that it would be Yeonhee emerging from the shadows and trailing behind her.

 

And there she was, the subject of his thoughts quietly treading into the room, poking her tongue at him the instance she caught hold of his searching gaze. Yoochun's grin widened before returning the greeting with his own cheeky poke of taste buds out into the open air.

 

Meanwhile, Jaejoong had noticed the cordially playful salute, feeling very much offended that his best friend had acknowledged Yoochun first before waving casually to him (Jaejoong). He refused to wave back. Like a querulous child demanding first-hand attention, Jaejoong merely only forced a smile at her. He couldn't fathom why on Earth Yeonhee had poked her tongue out to ....the player! THE PLAYER/PLAYBOY, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!! Yet, Yeonhee's his best friend. His childhood friend whom he only re-met just a few days ago. His. Forever and ever. Not Yoochun's! So what the hell does Yeonhee do when he specifically warned her of Yoochun? She bloody says hello to him first! FIRST! And with her TONGUE!?!! And what does he get? A WAVE! Oh gee, how special. A weakly little rejection of a wave that clearly bellowed 'I LIKE YOOCHUN MORE THAN YOU BECAUSE HE IS A FREAKING HANDSOME PLAYER AND YOU'RE NOT.'

 

Changmin smirked at the way Jaejoong's eyes darted anxiously at Yoochun to Yeonhee and vice versa, back and forth, as if watching a tennis tournament; and how the whites of his knuckles radiated with such ...contempt. Changmin wasn't stupid

 

He’s genius

 

 

And he knew straight away what was happening: Yeonhee must be an item with Yoochun, and Jaejoong is jealous. Or something like that. And it was amusing, really, to witness the cultivating drama; but at least he was awake now. Wide awake. And wanting to snigger to himself.

 

 

 

Thirty-five minutes later...

 

It seemed the stylists had only gone through half of the pile of fabrics that were draped in dense layers over in the corner. Meanwhile, the idols had somewhat progressed to fumbling around with the song, dancing and other stuff. Yunho urged Jaejoong to sing out his lines despite the fact that they just received a new song, but Jaejoong only fell silent. He looked hesitant, peevish and downright grumpy. Yoochun, on the other hand, attempted to contribute some new song-compose by playing a ballad tune from the piano. Clearly, he was trying to impress Yeonhee.

 

And Changmin felt like he was watching some cheesy B-grade soap opera. He wanted to laugh. And he wondered if Yuri, Yunho and Junsu noticed it too... but they seemed too fixated on their work to pay attention to the free entertainment before them. And it was difficult to not suddenly be in the mood for some good ol' salted popcorn, really.

 

Yunho sensed that Jaejoong lacked the spirit to sing, and so offered to try his new choreographer that he’ll be thinking and scrambling this day.

 

Jaejoong, feeling like he had nothing to do, fished out his cellphone from his pocket and started jabbing at the keys.

 

A few seconds later, Yeonhee felt a vibration in her back pocket. Digging it out and flipping her cellphone open, she became faced with an unread message from... Jaejoong?! Yeonhee turned to glance at him from the across the room before opening the message. He wasn't looking at her, instead brooding to himself and gazing at the white electronic device in his hands. Yeonhee noticed they had the exact same phones. Creepy.

 

Unable to decipher his odd behaviour, Yeonhee shrugged and commenced to access Jaejoong's message:

 

「PLEASE TELL ME YOU'RE STILL A !!!!!!!!!」

 

Baffled by the randomness of the clearly perturbed inquiry, Yeonhee glanced back at Jaejoong. He hadn't shifted or changed expressions at all.

 

 

A moment later, a loud wail of beeps had suddenly disrupted the growing melodic session of the four musicians, evoking everyone to face where it resounded from. Jaejoong's hand. More succinctly, his cell phone.

 

Mortified for forgetting to set the volume on silent this morning, Jaejoong meekly bowed his head in penitence to s before coughing awkwardly and shifting his eyes away from their pinning glares. Luckily, the leader Yunho seemed to be in a merciful mood and dusted it off as nothing to pay any fraught attention to, and motioned for the three willing-to-work members  to continue on with the dancing session. He mentally noted himself to have a little talk with Jaejoong later...

 

After waiting for his colleagues to tear the attention away from him, Jaejoong opened the message. From Yeonhee:

 

「DUH!!!」

 

The sight of the singular word was enough to surface a relieved smile on his face. At least Yoochun hadn't do something to his little minion, and that's all that mattered... for now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Approximately an hour later...

The session had concluded successfully.

 

Following Yunho out into the hallway, Jaejoong noticed Yeonhee's lean figure sloped against the wall, arms folded across her chest nonchalantly. And suddenly, Jaejoong became faced with two choices: either to interrogate her about what the freaking hell is going on with her and Yoochun, or, ignore her like a sulky attention-craving bastard and run --not that he was likely to do that, but the thought was tempting.

 

Jaejoong noticed the absence of Yoochun's presence whom he expected to be lingering around his best friend, possibly leeching onto her like a predator conniving for some physical intimacy of the byuntae sort. "Where's Romeo?" he inquired with a smirk.

 

Yeonhee looked at him for a moment as she realised who he was referring to before emitting a semi-sarcastic amused grin. "I told him to give me a minute or two with you."

 

A minute or two with me, yet Yoochun gets the whole of the day before yesterday, AND possibly the rest of today too?! It was difficult for Jaejoong to strain back the green-eyed beast within. But what exactly was he envious of, anyway? Their relationship? Why, no that's preposterous! And if he knew Yeonhee well enough, there'd be no reason to doubt her incontestable respect for him as a closer-than-Yoochun confidant. But he did feel covetous for the attention and time spent with Yoochun. And so forcing a smile on his face, "What for?" he managed to ask in a collected manner, cunningly masking the somewhat acidity of his mood.

 

Yeonhee paused for a moment before searching right into those big, brown eyes of his. "You're not mad are you?"

 

"At...?" Jaejoong asked back (though he was perfectly aware of what she meant) while straining to keep the smile plastered across his face. It was better then downright admitting 'yes' he supposed. But Yeonhee, with now furrowed eyebrows, only delved deeper into his eyes until he felt himself shifting to avoid her preying gaze. He knew that she knew he was only trying to evade the subject, yet he didn't exactly know why he was, considering that he wanted to know from Yeonhee herself what was going on with her and Yoochun. Finally releasing the strain on his face, "Yes, I am." he sighed in defeat.

 

Yeonhee sighed back. "Jaejoong," she began as her eyes danced across his face, "What’s wrong with me being with him?" she professed softly with slightly creased eyebrows, the kind that looked more sorrowful than angry. It took her quite some courage to emit those words from her prodding mind, considering the plan she made with Yoochun yesterday. This man must appreciate me, as a woman not his little sister!

 

Jaejoong had thought the same thing, and boy was he tempted to chastise her for it; though he couldn't deny the jealousy he had when he saw her with Yoochun. Maybe, just maybe, Yoochun didn't have the ual interest in her like he assumed. But it still gnawed at his mind to scour for what it was that drew Yoochun to her. "Are you guys dating now?" he shot out. There was no more beating around the bush; he had to know.

 

His inquiry was unexpected. Yeonhee fumbled for words as she didn't exactly know herself. Was she now an item with Yoochun? They confessed they liked eachother, but that was about it. "Uh... no?" she replied meekly, before noticing the disbelief in Jaejoong's eyes. "Not.. yet? I dunno. I think we're seeing eachother. I think."

Keep your composure Yeonhee, I’m proud of you. Go Yeonhee!

 

"So... are you cool with it?"

 

OF COURSE NOT! "......" Pausing for a moment, Jaejoong scrabbled around for words that deemed more civil than his pessimistic thoughts. Finally, "I’m your fiancé and..and..what if someone else see that isn’t that inappropriate?”.

 

Yeonhee felt her world crashed when she heard the answer. She stared Jaejoong with almost teary eyes, “Screw you, you don’t even tell your member we gonna be enganged,” she started to sent a weak punch to his chest, “I HATE YOU!”, she finally burst up and run leaving the confused and guilty Jaejoong’s behind.

 

-------------------------------------------