Chapter One

Retrieve

 

Three Years Ago

 

Taeyeon stood in a large room with a tall ceiling and walls covered in screens. The one in front of her was huge, taking up most of the space. It showed a scene of three men and one female, based on their body shape. All four were dressed head to toe in black with shiny metal guns in their hands and night vision goggles on as they moved through the shadows as silently as possible. The camera feed on them switched slowly, always keeping them in sight.

 

Different angles ran on side screens, searching through the dark for any enemies who had spotted them.

 

A line of computers sat against the wall in front of Taeyeon under the screen. Three computer experts, or techies as they were affectionately called, sat in front of them, fingers tapping away at keys and hands clicking mice. All eyes were on the screen, observing.

 

The team of four came close to the compound and hid behind a wall, standing only a few feet away from the door.

 

“Donghae, you’re up first. Provide cover fire,” a low, husky voice spoke into his microphone, playing in Taeyeon’s earpiece, amplified so they could hear but no one else could. She readjusted it before slowly tapping her clipboard, eyes trained on the screen, flickering back and forth between angles.

 

“Eunhyuk, take the others down. Tiffany, you’re in charge of sniping.”

 

Taeyeon saw the three in front give sharp nods before they got into position. After a flick of the leader’s fingers, Donghae jumped around the corner and shot three consecutive bullets, killing the armed man closest to the door, the shots quieted because of the silencer.

 

Eunhyuk was already on the men before they could even realize one of their own had fallen. He sprang across the short distance and grabbed the one nearest to him, snapping his neck instantly. He jumped over the fallen body and leapt onto the next man, throwing his gun to the ground and hitting him in the side, then on his neck.

 

The last man fell from a bullet from Tiffany’s gun, passing close to Eunhyuk’s own head. The man fell back against the wall, blood pouring from the bullet wound in the middle of his forehead, eyes staring blankly ahead.

 

“Eunhyuk, Tiffany, go, go!”

 

The two agents moved swiftly forward, guns at the ready. They pushed through the doors, staying close to the walls and ducking into any side passages that they could. They paused at the first doorway, letting Donghae come forward. They shot two more men before they entered the room, leaving their bloody bodies forgotten on the floor.

 

“Tiffany, you know the drill,” the voice said, directing them as he stood outside the compound, watching for anyone who had noticed them. Donghae stood next to Tiffany, gun pointed at the door while Eunhyuk stood behind it, peeking through the shades.

 

Tiffany slipped her gun onto her back and pulled out a smart phone. She took a cord from her bag and attached it from the phone to the lock on the door. Bright neon green numbers began spilling out, searching for the possible answer.

 

The light blinked blue for a moment before the door clicked opened.

 

“Donghae, retrieve.”

 

Donghae slipped through the door, disappearing into the darkness. He rely moments later, passing off a large silver suitcase to Tiffany.

 

“Package received,” Tiffany whispered, slipping the phone and cord back into her bag.

 

“Good job team.”

 

Eunhyuk nodded to the two before leading them out, taking the lead. Tiffany followed in the middle, gripping the case tight, with Donghae following behind, gun at the ready.

 

The two swept down the hallway, barely making a sound before making it to the door. Eunhyuk stood at the side and motioned Tiffany and Donghae through, soon following after.

 

“We’ve made it outside, moving to check point-”                                                                              

 

A loud explosion ripped through the area. In shock Taeyeon ripped her earphone out, wincing at the loud noise that invaded her eardrums. The three techies in front of her did similar things, all groaning in pain.

 

The main screen was blank.

 

“Get it back. Get it back NOW!” Taeyeon demanded after her momentary shock had disappeared.

 

There was a flurry of clicking before pictures began appearing on the blank screens.

 

“What the hell was that?” Taeyeon exclaimed, rubbing her ears, eyes searching the cameras. All of the pictures inside the compound were alright but nothing could be seen of the field.

 

The outside of the compound was filled with smoke.

 

“Yesung?” Taeyeon said, turning up her microphone when she got no response. “Yesung, come in. Respond.” She felt a sheen of sweat begin to appear on her brow, her heart beat quickening. She gripped her clipboard, nails digging into the thin wood. “Yesung, god damn it, answer me!”

 

“Yesung!”

 

--------------------------------

 

 

Two security guards in the front and two more making rounds around the warehouse.

 

Semi-automatic weapons and night vision glasses.

 

Thirteen minutes in between each round and exactly twelve minutes 23 seconds until they have a visual on the door.

 

Sungmin calculated the time it would take for him to enter the warehouse, secure all the money and kill everyone.

 

Perfect, just enough time before back up arrived.

 

Sungmin checked his gear while he waited for the shift to change. He had on a clean suit with matching shoes and tie. A large metal suitcase filled with money. A fake ID. A gun strapped to his belt and another on the inside of his jacket with packs of ammo hidden in numerous spots in his clothes. A knife belted to the top of his left arm, one in his right sleeve, two on the bottom of his shoes, another in the handle of the suitcase and a small one in his belt.

 

He was so glad he never brought along any of those silly technology devices the techies always tried to shove onto him.

 

He didn’t know where he’d put it.

 

Satisfied, Sungmin counted down the time to the next shift before standing up, suitcase in hand, and walked calmly to the front door.

 

As he neared, the security guards spotted him and stood at attention.

 

“Identification?” One asked.

 

Sungmin pulled the fake ID from his coat pocket and held it up. The man took a quick glance at it before motioning toward the briefcase. Sungmin lifted it before opening it flat in his hands.

 

Stacks of one hundred dollar bills lay in the case.

 

The security guards nodded before stepping aside.

 

Just as Sungmin walked past he tossed the suitcase in the air, smashed his elbow against one security guards neck and swung around and broke the neck of the other. He caught the suitcase in mid-air without breaking his stride and walked inside.

 

------------------------------------

 

 

“I swear Yesung was right behind us!” Tiffany said hysterically, tears falling from her eyes as she sat against a wall getting looked over. She had severe burns on her left leg and the front of her left arm, where she had been holding the suitcase. The ends of her hair were singed and she was bruised, battered and shaken up, but otherwise alright.

 

Donghae was a bit worse off. He was bleeding from a large gash on the back of his head where he had slammed against the ground after the explosion. The whole front of his body, especially his right hand was burned. Small cuts littered his body from where debris had hit him. His emotional state was no better, playing with the hem of his shirt and looking like he was about to cry.

 

Eunhyuk, the least injured though with a slight concussion where he had slammed against the wall, and minor burns, was the best off, though even he seemed shaken.

 

“What happened,” Leeteuk demanded, face playing out on a huge screen.

 

“We retrieved the package,” Eunhyuk said, standing straight and trying to keep his voice from shaking. “We had just exited the compound and were trying to get into contact with Yesung when a huge explosion occurred. We believe someone had set a mine trap up in the field and when Yesung came to meet us he stepped on it and it-” He paused, unable to continue.

 

“Exploded,” Leeteuk said bluntly and Tiffany let out a small whimper while Donghae looked away. Eunhyuk didn’t move, but stared seriously at the wall, unblinking.

 

“We believe so, sir,” Eunhyuk said.

 

“You did not see Yesung at all after the explosion?” Leeteuk asked.

 

“The whole field was covered in smoke. I grabbed Donghae and Tiffany and took them out as fast as I could, but I didn’t see Yesung.”

 

Leeteuk nodded.

 

“Do you think he is-”

 

“We don’t know for sure until we get a team in there,” Leeteuk said. “Come back to Headquarters and we will send another team in ASAP.”

 

“He’s not dead, is he?” Eunhyuk asked quietly. The whole room went silent.

 

Leeteuk stared at the agents face for a long time before shaking his head. “I’m not sure,” he said. Then the screen went blank.

 

 

------

 

A/N: Hello everyone! :D Can I just say, I LOVE YOU ALL?? 20 subscribers just for a prologue? Gosh, you're gonna make me cry. :') But seriously, I love you all a lot for all your support. -hugs for everyone and showers everyone in Kyumin love-

Anyway, college is going well but I'm still trying to get used to it (luckily I already have a good amount of this fic written so I will try to update every once and awhile even if I haven't written anything). I really am excited for this fic though! Keep me motivated guys! :D

Again, love you all, and enjoy!