Chapter Five

Retrieve

A/N: Wow, look who wasn't updated in forever! -sweats nervously- Sorry guys, college has just been crazy and writing has not been easy. I'm working on it, and school ends in about a month so over the summer I should be better!

If any of you are interested, come say hi to me at my tumblr! I'm really friendly (I think)! Btw, anyone super excited for Overdose??

I may be changing my username here on AFF so keep an eye out for that.

Also, I've been working on too many a few one shots so look forward for those! Thanks for reading guys! Love you as always~ <3

 

-------

 

“I told you… I don’t know anything… About this device…”

 

Kyungsoo sat in the middle of the room, arms tied to the chair. His hands were cuffed, a rope wrapped tightly around his feet and a thick stretch of rope tied around his middle. His right hand was bleeding, bruises forming on his wrists. His clothes had been cut in numerous places, small pricks that would hurt and bleed, but not enough to kill him. His dark hair was a mess, blood caught in his hair, falling from somewhere over his left eye. The numerous bruises on his body stung from where he had been shove around, particularly a nasty one on his lower right side where he had been punched that hurt every time he moved.

 

He had no clue who his attacker was. He had stayed in front of the computer screens, light illuminating his back and turning him into a ghostly shadow wrapped in light. Kyungsoo knew he had enemies, people who wanted to take the things he sold or to use him to steal information, but this man kept asking him about information about some device, something Kyungsoo truly had no idea about.

 

Kyungsoo panted, trying to catch his breath. His attacker kept pacing in front of him, asking the same questions, trying to fish for answers. Kyungsoo shook his head every time, repeating the same answer and trying to stay lucid. He had no clue what the device was or who had it.

 

“I don’t have it goddammit!” Kyungsoo finally screamed, sick and tired of this interrogation he knew nothing about.

 

Before he could say another thing to the man in front of him he moved like a cat, a fist punching him hard across the face. Kyungsoo saw stars, the world spinning around him. When he finally regained his senses the left side of his face stung like hell and he could feel blood spilling out of his nose.  Kyungsoo heard the man take a long, slow breath, before standing up a bit straighter and taking something out of his pocket. Kyungsoo stiffened until he realized it was just a piece of paper.

 

“Name, Do Kyungsoo.”

 

Kyungsoo froze. This was bad, very bad. All of his personal information should be gone, wiped off of the map. He had been sure of that two years ago when he entered this profession. Do Kyungsoo was gone, he was now D.O. How this man had gotten hold of his real name didn’t make any sense, Kyungsoo could barely fathom it.

 

“Age… For D.O it says twenty two, but I wouldn’t believe that for all the money in the world,” he let out a hollow laugh and Kyungsoo inwardly cringed. “I think somewhere around eighteen, but even that’s a stretch.” He leaned back against the wall of computers Kyungsoo had set up, seven screens in all, one large with three on each side and a huge hard drive and case that held all his extra memory storages. He took a few seconds to watch Kyungsoo, observing the way he fidgeted uncomfortably as he tried to get a good look at his captor even though it was too dark to see anything. “I’d say around fifteen, wouldn’t you?”

 

Kyungsoo was sure he hadn’t showed any emotion but he knew he had done something when the man let out a small laugh, shoulders shaking. “Ah, I see I was right.”

 

“How do you know all this about me?” Kyungsoo asked, still amazed that the other had found his real name.

 

In the dim light Kyungsoo could see the small stretch of a smile on his captors face. “Let’s just say the organization I work for are very… Skilled.”

 

He didn’t really understand and it was only when the man reached to fix the sleeves on his coat did Kyungsoo see it. Three sevens on his wrist, right in a row. Then it hit him. He wasn’t talking about just any organization, but The Organization. Organization 7. A group of highly talented and dangerous spies that affiliated with the government but worked underground jobs for the right price. Everyone in the underground had heard of them. To get mixed up with them was a death sentence.

 

Kyungsoo felt sweat forming on his brow. This was bad. He racked his brain, trying to think of why one of the most dangerous spy organizations in Korea would be after him. He had done bad things, and he worked with bad people, but he was sure it wasn’t to such a level that Organization 7 would be after him.

 

“Why did you come after me?” Kyungsoo asked, wincing at the pain coming from his lower side and the throb from the side of his face when he spoke. He spit out some of the blood that poured into his mouth, the metallic taste sickening him.

 

The man tilted his head to the side before he laughed again. “Because you have something I need to retrieve,” he said, finishing with a small shrug of his shoulders.

 

Kyungsoo racked his brain for anything they could be looking for but his recent project had been a program that analyzed stock prices. Though useful, he was sure it wasn’t an act at the level to call in Organization 7. The man stood quietly, watching Kyungsoo for a few more moments, before he turned to look at the screens. The lights illuminated his face.

 

He was young, only in his early twenties. Under his long black hair, he was actually quite handsome, with an almost feminine, pretty face consisting of large doe yes, long lashes and pretty lips. A baby face, thought Kyungsoo, but when he saw his eyes, there was something hard behind them, something that had resulted from many years of pain that would never go away.

 

A dark pit formed in Kyungsoo’s stomach and he gulped, eyes widening ever so slightly. He realized what this meant. A killer only showed their face when they knew their prey wasn’t going to survive to remember it.

 

“Wait!” Kyungsoo cried frantically when the man reached for the gun on the desk next to him. His hand paused and he looked up, raising an eyebrow slightly, the dark, hard look in his eyes only more prominent under the dark shadows.

 

“I-I think I remember something,” Kyungsoo said, racking his brain for the memory. I had been a shorter encounter, but maybe it could save his life. “A few weeks ago, a man came… He said he was looking for help with a password of some kind. Really high tech stuff, numerous encryptions… I said I couldn’t help because I didn’t want to get involved, but I pointed him in the direction of a guy who would do it for the right price. They call him Max.”

 

The man nodded, looking slightly interested. “… I think,” Kyungsoo paused, eyes never leaving the gun. “I think he was one of yours.”

 

The man paused, laying his hand on the gun, looking at Kyungsoo with renewed interest. “One of mine?” Kyungsoo saw his eyebrows furrow.

 

“Yeah,” Kyungsoo swallowed thickly, “He gave me information on a piece of extremely high technology and offered a lot. I asked to see it but he said he didn’t have it yet. When he told me about it, I lied and told him I couldn’t figure it out because I didn’t have the right equipment.” And look at all the good it’s done for me, he thought bitterly.

 

“How do you know he’s working for us though?” The man tipped his head to the side curiously and for a second Kyungsoo thought he looked very young and he had to remind himself that this was killer who was going to kill him any second.

 

“He had a tattoo,” Kyungsoo insisted, eyes flickering to the man’s arm where the ends of the sevens were still visible. “Three seven’s, right in a row.” And everyone knew what that stood for. Organization 7.

 

The man stared at Kyungsoo for a few more seconds before nodding his head slowly. “Interesting,” he said, gaze turning away, looking like he was contemplating something, “Very interesting.”

 

 

Taeyeon looked speechless while Kangin looked absolutely furious.

 

“This must be a joke,” Kangin scoffed, clenching and unclenching his fists.

 

“Forensics don’t lie,” Zhou Mi said, a bit miffed at the suggestion.

 

Taeyeon looked nervously around at the other three, fingers tapping against the table frantically. “Are you sure there couldn’t be a mistake?” She asked quietly.

 

“Absolutely! How dare you insult my skills?”

 

“I’m not insulting them; I’m just saying you might have made a mistake.”

 

“No, someone definitely made a mistake.”

 

“I take offense to that, I never make mistakes!”

 

“Did you run them again?”

 

“Of course I did. And they came up with the same results.”

 

“Then maybe you’re computers are broken.”

 

“How dare you!”

 

Leeteuk slammed his fists down on the table, standing up and throwing his chair backward. The three looked up at him, their bickering silencing. “Someone get me Sungmin on the phone.” When no one moved he glared darkly at them, resting his hand on the table. “NOW.”

 

 

Sungmin considered this new information that had been placed in front of him. He knew nothing about the device, but considering it was connected to the organization it must have something to do with one of the people involved. Anyone could forge the three seven’s, to a point, but this kid seemed very confident in what he had seen. He resisted the urge to sigh, everything was so complicated. He would keep this information and pass it onto Leeteuk when he got back.

 

Before Sungmin could plan on what to do next, the phone in his pocket vibrated. Keeping his eyes on the boy tied to the chair, he pulled his phone out of his pocket and lifted it to his ear.

 

“Sungmin, come back to headquarters.”

 

It was Leeteuk. Sungmin raised his eyebrows, wondering what had happened. Leeteuk sounded stressed and even a bit angry, a change from his usual calm demeanor. Something must have happened. “What happened?”

 

“We were wrong. Come back, right now.”

 

Sungmin pushed himself off the table, standing up. “What do you want me to do here?”

 

“Clean it up. Everything.”

 

Sungmin’s eyes fell on the young boy sitting tied to the chair; young, only fifteen years old. The rest of his family was either dead or gone, he was alone doing the only work he had ever known, just trying to fit into this large world they lived in. The bruised and bloodied boy looked back at him and their eyes locked. He just wanted to be saved.

 

“Yes sir,” Sungmin said, closing his phone and placing it back into his pocket. Eyes still locked, Sungmin saw the boy’s eyes widen when he picked the gun off the table and held it up. Kyungsoo opened his mouth to say something, anything, to plead, beg, tell him anything he wanted, but before he could say a word, Sungmin pulled the trigger.