Chapter Nine

Guys, Let's Hide Jongin's Pants
Please log in to read the full chapter

“First up! Kris and Baekhyun!” announced Chanyeol. He began to make failed trumpet sounds with the shy Yixing clapping his hands enthusiastically.

 

 

 

“I’m going to win, watch out you er!” Baekhyun began to get into position for the match between him and the one hundred and eighty seven centimetres tall Chinese.

 

 

 

“Bacon, I mean Baekhyun hyung, you’re so going to lose,” the wushu panda, Tao, intervened, settling down next to Jongin.

 

 

 

Shooting a glare at Tao, Baekhyun shook his fist menacingly. “WHY DOES EVERYONE GET MY NAME WRONG. IS IT THAT HARD TO PRONOUNCE?!” he shrieked as he began to kneel in front of his opponent, Kris, who grinned his trademark gummy smile.

 

 

 

“Okay, with the left hand guys, remember. Get ready…….. start!” Joonmyun announced, being the ‘guardian’ of the twelve and was apparently the best at being the MC out of all of them. As soon as the word ‘start’ was said, a constipated face marred the eyeliner king’s appearance as he battled against the older, and definitely stronger, Chinese. Silent laughter and smiles appeared as Baekhyun’s grunts reached their ears.

 

 

 

Seconds later, a final grunt of agony and a painful elbow from Baekhyun meant that of course, he had miserably lost. He was never good at this game and he never got further than the first round… and he sure as heck didn’t understand why he teased Kris (being a loser et cetera) before the round. It’s just digging his own grave. Howls of laughter were heard and the poor loser, in despair might I add, hissed before plopping himself onto the sofa. Baekhyun clutched his elbow and winced at the sudden flare of soreness near the joint, ignoring the smiles from the others.

 

 

 

Especially Do Kyungsoo. Damn him.

 

 

 

He decided to sit next to Sehun, seeing that Kris had stolen his spot next to his two partners-in-crime.

 

 

 

“And you said I would lose,” the famous gummy smile never left Kris’s face as he snuggled with a cushion between the auburn head Chanyeol and the troll Jongdae.

 

 

 

Chanyeol, just like the big, enthusiastic giant he is, clapped his hands at the defeat of his good friend. Despite feeling metaphorical daggers piercing right to his soul, courtesy of the literally sore loser, his happy mood did not waver. In contrast of Chanyeol’s grinning face, on the other side of Kris was Jongdae, looking very… serious. This, of course, was a rare sight as he would usually be laughing his off with Chanyeol or Baekhyun from Jongin’s reactions when trolled. Hey the guy’s an easy target, it’s not his fault that said male is so freaking gullible.

 

 

 

“Moving on, Luhan and Yixing!” Chanyeol announced, deciding that grandpa Joonmyun was not doing a good job at being the MC. The forgetful Chinese got up automatically hearing his name called, fortunate that he was still able to remember his own name. However, the latter was pulled back down when his deer-eyed gege grabbed his arm, announcing the younger as the winner. This earned him several disapproving stares and a few “Man up!” from his roommates. Hauling the older up, together, (like a couple - not), they kneeled in front of each other, their left arms on the table.

 

 

 

“Football player Luhan vs basketball player Yixing,” piped in Minseok, hugging a cushion to his chest, that was ‘strangely’, a steamed bun.

 

 

 

He plays basketball? Who knew… the girls raised their eyebrows in unison. It’s definitely true, you learn something new everyday...

 

 

 

In two seconds flat, Yixing was declared the winner, his arm on top of his gege. It even took longer to prepare than the actual game between the two Chinese.

 

 

 

With his arm around the maknae, Baekhyun, the sad person he is, was the only one snorted stating that now Luhan has to wrestle with him. To his delight, the deer boy chuckled, his eyes forming into eye crescents. Suddenly standing up, Luhan exclaimed, “Let’s do it with our feet! I’m more confident about my thigh strength!”

 

 

 

However, his enthusiastic plea was unheard when the next two were called up.

 

 

 

“Joonmyun and Jongin!”

 

 

 

Said two rose, getting ready for the game.

 

 

 

“And start!”

 

 

 

Jongin, laying his head on his outstretched right arm, seemed to have trouble battling against the grandpa’s arm. However, not wanting his non-existent pride to shatter, he exclaimed, “Are you even putting any effort?”

 

 

 

Giving a look at the younger, the Siwon-look-alike mustered up all his strength into his left arm, slamming the other’s arm down onto the table with a costive face. This earned the grandpa ‘oohs’ of approval and another sheepish yet proud smile curved upon his lips.

 

 

 

“er!” Jina drawled in the same way when she locked the loser in his room… all with the power of just a small bobby pin. The thirteen of them chortled at his disappointed face.

 

 

 

“I TOLD YOU I NEED MY LUCKY PANTS! WHERE ARE THEY SONG. JI. NA?!” the male exploded in rage, deciding to blame his defeat on Jina.

 

 

 

Taking a deep breath in annoyance, she burst back in the same raging manner, “I’VE TOLD YOU MANY TIMES! I DID NOT STEAL YOUR ‘SO-CALLED’ LUCKY PANTS!”

 

 

 

Silence filled the air as the two glared at each other with pure hatred, as if trying to kill it each other with the lightning bolts that seem to shoot out of their burning eyes..

 

 

 

“Erm, why don’t you two go talk this somewhere else? Perhaps the bathroom?” suggested Jongdae with an evil grin, ushering them quickly out of the living room. The two, who were still busy glaring at each other, didn’t hear a single word allowing the troll to lead them unknowingly into the bathroom, where Yuni and Kris had their… interesting talk and moments you could say.

 

 

 

He gently pushed them in and he slammed the door closed. Using the bathroom key to lock them in, he wedged several door-wedges in (you can never be too sure… he reasons), preventing them from leaving even if the two of them managed to unlock the door using a bobby pin or something. That Jina girl is unpredictable!

 

 

 

“Enjoy!” Jongdae chuckled darkly, dropping the key into his pocket and rushed downstairs. After hearing Jongdae’s energetic ‘Enjoy!’, the duo broke their lethal gaze realising that they were locked in.

 

 

 

“What the hell Jongdae?!”

 

 

 

No answer.

 

 

 

“Ha. Ha. Very funny. Now let us out!” Jongin was the first to speak as he made his way to the closed door and slammed his fists onto it. Of course nobody answered; the others were too busy carrying on with their ‘friendly’ arm-wrestling games to notice the two poor souls imprisoned.

 

 

 

Jina followed the male to the door also taking her turn to beat on it as hard as she could. “Jongdae! I’m your friend! Best partner-in-trolling! Best friend! And best friends should not lock one another in a room!” She tried to laugh it all off but she knew that the other could not hear her, especially when she heard his footsteps getting further and further away from the bathroom. “JONGDAE YOU STINKING LITTLE IDIOT, LET US OUT OR I’LL FIND MY WAY OUT AND BOOT YOUR TO FRANCE!!!.”

 

 

 

Nothing.

 

 

 

In despair, they slid down to sit on the tiled floor, opposite each other in silence, resuming to their deadly staring contest.

 

 

 

Please log in to read the full chapter