Chapter Two

Guys, Let's Hide Jongin's Pants
Please log in to read the full chapter

The curtains were closed, keeping any sunlight out; the door was locked, stopping anyone from interrupting the interrogation; the light was switched off, maintaining the tense atmosphere. He shone his torch at Jina’s face, blinding her for a second. He made sure the beam was at its fullest because he enjoyed seeing the other wince from the harshness of the blaze. Although she could hardly see anything due to the shine, she could just make out the features of her captor; his hideous chestnut hair shaped into a mushroom, his brown orbs penetrated into her dark ones and his plump, pink lips that he occasionally to moisten them.

 

 

 

What the hell is with this kid?

 

 

 

Jina squirmed as thick ropes held her firm against the wooden chair and were bound around her hands and legs. When they were in the store, she insisted on not stealing his pants but the teen had none of that.

 

 

 

He quickly grabbed her by the wrist and pulled her towards him before pinching the back of her neck. In an instant the girl out and Jongin was left there by himself to figure out a way to lug the unconscious person back to his apartment without looking suspicious.

 

 

 

He learnt this move from his hyungs, Baekhyun and Tao, who were experienced in the martial arts field. Convincing the younger that he should know a few self defence moves, they taught him that; Jongin still didn’t know how hapkido and wushu could teach someone how to nerve pinch... but he wasn’t going to question it.

 

 

 

This is how the girl ended up in the other’s room... tied down to a chair.

 

 

 

“So... you give me my lucky pants and I’ll let you go.”

 

 

 

“I’ve told you already. I didn’t steal them. I don’t have your stupid pants!” Jina rolled her eyes in annoyance at his immaturity. “Grow up will you? It’s only a pair of pants.”

 

 

 

“Oh that’s where you’re wrong. They’re not just a pair of pants; they’re a pair of lucky pants,” emphasised Jongin.

 

 

 

“You and your stupid lucky pants,” muttered Jina as she glared at him.

 

 

 

Scowling at her, he lowered the beam of the torch, making sure it wasn’t as harsh on her eyes and a deep breath was taken. “It all started when I went shopping at the mall...” he began.

 

 

 

Suddenly everything turned nostalgic.

 

 

 

“I saw the most perfect pair of pants and I thought to myself that I HAD to get them. There was only one pair left and I just grabbed it from the rack and slipped it on in the changing room.” He stared at the ceiling and sighed happily. “It was a perfect fit. So I wore it right away!”

 

 

 

Jina would’ve face-palmed herself if she could but unfortunately, her hands were still bounded together behind her so she opt to squirm and roll her eyes instead.

 

 

 

“As soon as I got out of the changing rooms, I found a fifty thousand won bill on the floor! Talk about being lucky!” he smiled wistfully, recalling the memory. He then twisted his smile into a frown and muttered, “Until I met Jongdae and Chanyeol. The two of them made my life a living hell with their non-stop trolling...”

 

 

 

Jina raised her eyebrows, suppressing a chuckle and stared at him, nodding at him to carry on with his explanation.

 

 

 

“I met them three years ago on the same day as I bought the pants. Maybe it wasn’t so lucky at the time but things got better. I won my first dance competition with these on! I also--”

 

 

 

“You dance?” asked Jina raising an eyebrow in disbelief.

 

 

 

“Yeah! Do you want me to show you some moves?” asked Jongin indignantly, his eyebrows furrowing.

 

 

 

“No, no! I’m fine. Carry on,” she replied lightly, with a hint of sarcasm.

 

 

 

“As I was saying,” he began haughtily. “I went to a concert with these pants on and guess what, I was the one thousandth visitor and I won a V.I.P ticket to backstage! So yes, the pants are lucky...in a way...”

 

 

 

She couldn’t believe what she was hearing. It was the lamest excuse she has ever heard. “Are you superstitious or are you just plain stupid?”

 

 

 

The teen scoffed at the remark. “I’d like to see myself as an optimistic person... unlike someone who is sitting in this room and is in front of me.”

 

 

 

“Whatever, look. I’ll buy you a new pair of ‘lucky’ pants if you’ll release me. Deal?” sighed Jina as she tried to wriggle her wrist out of the knotted rope but Jongin caught the discreet action and aimed the torch back at her eyes again. She quickly turned her head in the other direction, closing her eyes in the process to prevent more harm done to them and the risk of being blind.

 

 

 

“Would you please stop that!” she snapped in annoyance.

 

 

 

“Not until you tell me where you’ve hidden my lucky pants!”

 

 

 

Boy was he stubborn.

 

 

 

The boy turned around momentarily and rotated back to reveal a plastic container full of live, squirming and chirping crickets. “You leave me with no choice.” He couldn’t wait to see the look on Jina’s face and her reaction.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter