Chapter Four

Guys, Let's Hide Jongin's Pants
Please log in to read the full chapter

After listening to Yuni rambling on about boys on the phone last night, she did eventually give some useful advice to Jina, who was almost bored to death with her friend’s spazzing.

 

 

 

“Come on, just ring the doorbell, give the bag in and leave. Simple as that. What can go wrong?”

 

 

 

Yuni’s words from last night’s conversation echoed in her mind.

 

 

 

Yeah, what can go wrong? Just ring the doorbell, give the bag and leave. Grow up Jina.

 

 

 

Nervous, she inhaled and exhaled deeply, replaying Yuni’s words of advice for comfort. She stood in front of the apartment hoping that hell wouldn’t be behind the wooden door and gulped.

 

 

What if that Jongin kid would be the one who opened the door? Would he give me another nerve pinch and interrogate me like yesterday?

 

 

 

She shivered; she began to fiddle with the straps of the rucksack that she carried on her back and with a shaking hand, she pressed the doorbell. The sound rang continuously throughout the hallway, gradually growing fainter as time passed. She was about to turn back to leave for the laundry store (where customers awaited her) when the sound of a door opening and a sarcastic ‘May I help you?’ reached her ears. Spinning around, she was met with a guy leaning against the doorway. A eyebrow was raised as he tapped his foot impatiently on the wooden floor, with folded arms.

 

 

 

She almost died, relieved that it wasn’t that Kim Jongin guy. She pulled herself together and stared at him straight in the eye. Her eyes widened. Recognising him as the one who tried to flirt with her the other day, she gulped, wondering what other disgusting ways and cheesy pickup lines he would use to hit on her. She peered closely at him, hoping that it wouldn’t look suspicious and judging from his expression, it didn’t seem that he had recognised her. She hoped that he wouldn’t recognise her and luck would be on her side again.

 

 

 

Taking the heavy bag full of clothes of her back, she held the rucksack towards him, “Uh... I believe this belongs to a Kim Jon--”

 

 

 

Not taking in a word she was saying, he suddenly asked, completely cutting her off, “Have I seen you around before?”

 

 

 

Crap. I should’ve worn a cap or some glasses.

 

 

 

She lowered her voice and tried to hide her eyes behind her bangs, praying that her actions were discreet. Unfortunately, her actions made the situation even worse. The guy became more suspicious and peered at her even closer. “N-no...  I don’t think so.”

 

 

 

“Are you sure?” he drawled, sticking his face right in front of the girl’s, his eyes squinting as if he was short-sighted.

 

 

 

So this is how you feel when you’re on thin ice...

 

 

 

“YAH! KIM JONGDAE!” a familiar, masculine voice was heard in the distance. Jina’s eyes widened at the familiarity. “WHERE ARE YOU?”

 

 

 

Noo. Don’t tell me it’s him.

 

 

 

“JONGDAE! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?”

 

 

 

Jongdae? The name sounds familiar... Oh yeah, he and some Chanyeol guy trolls Jongin...

 

 

 

“There you are!” The voice sounded relieved. Hurried footsteps were heard as they gradually got louder. Moments later, the owner of the voice was at the door, “Dinner’s ready. Kyungsoo will kill me if you--”

 

 

 

The person stared at the scene in bewilderment wondering why this ‘so-called’ Jongdae wasn’t reacting. He waved a hand in front of his hyung’s face. “Yah, Jongdae, what are you doing?”

 

 

 

“Just seeing if this girl looked familiar,” mumbled Jongdae, remaining in the same position.

 

 

 

“What girl?” questioned the male. He shoved the other male to the side with his arm, earning an ‘Ow’ as a reply.

 

 

 

Crap, I’m doomed.

 

 

 

After taking one look at the girl, hate was instantly written all over his face. “YOU!” he shrieked pointing a finger accusingly at her. “WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?”

 

 

 

Keep calm Jina. Breathe in... breathe out...

 

 

 

She took a deep breath. “Err... I just came here t-- ”

 

 

 

“YOU BETTER TELL ME WHERE MY LUCKY PANTS ARE OR YOU’RE DEAD MEAT!”

 

 

 

With the last bit of patience she had inside of her that completely vanished, she screeched,  “KIM JONGIN. LIKE I FREAKING TOLD YOU BEFORE. I. DON’T. HAVE. YOUR. STINKING. PANTS! DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME OR NOT? OR ARE YOU THAT STUPID TO NOT UNDERSTAND YOUR NATIVE LANGUAGE?!” She was beyond annoyed that he was accusing her again for stealing his lucky pants.

 

 

 

“Hey...don’t you mock my lucky pants. Don’t you dare mock them.” Jongin threatened in a warning tone. “By the way... HOW THE HELL DO YOU KNOW MY NAME?”

 

 

 

“You idiot, I asked for your name at the laundry store,” Jina sighed at his stupidity. She rolled her eyes and face-palmed herself. It took a few moments for him to recall the memory before letting out an over-exaggerated ‘Oh’.

 

 

 

“You truly are an idiot,” muttered Jina wondering why someone could be so stupid, let alone immature. He must’ve done something pretty bad in his past life to be cursed with so little brain cells in this life. With eyes full of hatred, the two glared at each other, forgetting there was a third person present at the scene.

 

 

 

Feeling awkward in the tense atmosphere, Jongdae mumbled in attempt to break the silence, “Do you want to come inside and eat? We’re just about to have dinner...”

 

 

 

“That’s okay Jongdae, she won’t be here for long anyway. In fact, she’s leaving right now... aren’t you Jina.” muttered Jongin as he gritted his teeth. He didn’t move his gaze away from the other. He didn’t even blink.

 

 

 

“Actually, I would love to stay for dinner.” she faked a smile but her eyes still showed the immense frustration she felt towards the idiot of a man in front of her. Jina didn’t know why she agreed to eat with them but her intuition told her that this was a great opportunity to poison his food and rid mankind of imbeciles. “After you,” Jina faked a smile moving to the side.

 

 

 

“No, after you. Ladies first,” imitated Jongin, afraid what she might do if he went in front.

 

 

 

“No, I insist that you go first. So kind of you to invite me,” said Jina. Her cheeks were beginning to hurt from all the fake-smiling.

 

 

 

“No, you go first,” said Jongin, touching her back, hoping that it would crumble her resolve.

 

 

 

Eww... I think I need to wash and bleach this shirt a million times now.

 

 

 

“FOR PETE’S SAKE I’LL GO FIRST.” Jongdae was getting tired watching them literally kill each other with their eyes but showing face-eating grins. It’s as if both halves of their faces are not cooperating with each other. He pushed both of them away from the door in hopes of preventing a possible World War III. When he reached the living room, he turned around to see if they were following but no... they had to carry on where they left off.

 

 

 

“This is your apartment after all, so you have the right to go in before me.”

 

 

 

Jongdae sighed and ran a hand through his combed hair. He didn’t care whether or not he looked presentable because Jesus Christ the two by the door are getting on his nerves. He stomped through the living room and down the hallway to the door where the duo stood exchanging pseudo-pleasantries. Dragging the two in with a surprisingly amount of force, he pulled them into the dining room where ten other boys were waiting to begin eating.

 

 

 

“Um... Jongdae, Jongin, who do you have there?” one of the boys, Kyungsoo, questioned.

 

 

 

“Guys, we have a guest,” announced Jongdae. “Everyone, this is... erm...”

 

 

 

“Jina,” she replied. “Now can you release your grip on me?”

 

 

 

“Err...sorry,” Jongdae ducked his head a little in apology, withdrawing his hands. He continued, “Guys, meet Jina. Jina meet the idiots.”

 

 

 

“YAH!” the eleven other guys cried in protest as they chucked balled up serviettes at the fool.

 

 

 

“I’m kidding. Jina meet, Yixing, Kris, Joonmyun, Tao, Minseok, Chanyeol, Sehun, Baekhyun, Luhan and Kyungsoo,” Jongdae pointed the boys in turn. Each gave a nod or wave in return.

 

 

 

A cough to their left was heard.

 

 

 

“Oh and you two should have definitely met. Jina, this is Jongin and I’m Jongdae, the most handsome of them all.” he added arrogantly.

 

 

 

That earned him a few scowls and several more balled up serviettes.

 

 

Please log in to read the full chapter