Suspicion

Meant to Be?

 

SUSPICION

“Jongin, what’s wrong?” Kyungsoo couldn’t see the road since Jongin’s jacket covered his eyes. Kyungsoo took a peak and everything seemed fine except a suspicious-looking Jongin. “You alright…?”

“Huh? Oh yeah… I’m fine. Let’s keep walking.” Kyungsoo let the jacket cover his face while Jongin looked both ways before crossing. They quickly ran across the street and went inside the library. When they walked in, Kyungsoo quickly took off the jacket and put it on Jongin. He was shivering and Kyungsoo was really worried.

“I told you not to let me have your jacket!”

“S-s-sorry. I-I just w-wanted you to b-be dry and s-s-safe.”

“Gosh, you’re going to get sick!” Kyungsoo hugged Jongin and dialed his mom’s number.

“Mom, when will you be here? 10 minutes? Alright, we’re at the library.” Kyungsoo hung up the phone realized something. “Couldn’t we just have waited at the restaurant…?” Jongin realized the same thing.

“P-probably.”

“You’re coming over with me, I don’t care what you say, you need to get warm and I will take all responsibilities.”

“Y-you don’t n-need to.” Jongin started coughing really badly.

“This is really bad, we’ll get some medicine for you.”

“K-K-Kyungsoo, it’s f-fine!” Kyungsoo ignored Jongin and texted his mom to tell her that Jongin is staying over.

 

***~~~***

 

“My gosh, why’re you soaked Jongin?”

“He gave me his jacket so I could stay dry.”

“That is awfully nice, I will treat you much better now. Kyungsoo! You should’ve given back Jongin his jacket! So selfish!” Kyungsoo felt bad, but Jongin held Kyungsoo’s hand.

“It’s okay.” Jongin smiled and coughed again.

“No it’s not! You’re starting to get sick!” When they finally reached Kyungsoo’s house, Kyungsoo rushed Jongin inside and they went upstairs to his room.

“Let me get you some clothes.” Kyungsoo search through his closet and found some sweatpants and a sweatshirt. “Here, go take a hot shower and then wear this.” Jongin nodded and went off to the shower. Kyungsoo went downstairs to his mom.

“Did you get the medicine yet?”

“Kyungsoo, I am ashamed of you! It is freezing outside AND raining and you let Jongin just give you your jacket?! You should know better, that was selfish! I would tell you that Jongin can’t stay over as punishment, but you need to take responsibility for him now. He’s getting sick-”

“I know, I’m sorry mom! I already said I’d take responsibility. Can you please get the medicine?” Mrs. Do sighed and handed over the medicine.

“Make sure he takes this right after he’s done showering. I’ll have some soup up in a little while.”

“Thanks mom! You’re the best” Kyungsoo kissed his mom on the cheek and ran upstairs. She rolled her eyes and started preparing her soup.

 

***~~~***

 

Jongin was sitting down on Kyungsoo’s bed while Kyungsoo poured the medicine into a spoon.

“It tastes horrible!”

“Jongin, you need to take this! Please, for me!” Jongin forced himself to swallow the medicine and shivered as the taste entered his mouth.

“Is that all?” Kyungsoo nodded.

“Get some rest now. My mom will have some soup up in a bit.”

“Will you stay by my side, please?” Kyungsoo smiled and nodded.

“Of course, you want to watch TV?”

“Sure.” Jongin coughed a couple more times and Kyungsoo got more worried.

 

This is all my fault.

 

***~~~***

 

Kyungsoo’s mother came up with soup for the two kids and she knocked on the door. Kyungsoo got up from the bed and opened the door.

“Here’s soup for you guys. Jongin, how’re you feeling?”

“I’m doing better, thanks Mrs. Do!”

“Good! Call me Mom!” Jongin smiled and felt so happy that he gets to acknowledge Mrs. Do as “Mom.”

“Thanks Mom!” Kyungsoo was happy they bonding.

“I’ll take it from here mom.” She nodded and walked back downstairs. “Ready for some soup?” Jongin nodded and sat up. Kyungsoo placed the tray on the bed Jongin started eating his soup. Kyungsoo had his on his desk.

“Oh my gosh, this soup is awesome!”

“Heh, thanks! My mom used to be the chef of a five-star restaurant.”

“She’s awesome Kyungsoo! Maybe even more awesome than you!”

“Hey!”

“Just kidding! I love you!”

“Funny!” They continued eating their soups and when they finished, Kyungsoo took the bowls downstairs.

“Did he like it?”

“He loved it! Your cooking is top-notch mom!” Kyungsoo went back upstairs to check on Jongin. When Kyungsoo opened the door, Jongin slowly turned to Kyungsoo.

“Babe, you’re sleeping?” Jongin slowly nodded. “You want me to turn off the TV?”

“Nah, it’s fine…”

“Let me go shower and then I’ll be right next to you!” Kyungsoo went to go take a shower and finally was ready for bed.

“I just realized something…” Kyungsoo was applying his night cream when he looked at the calendar.

“Mmm?”

“Tomorrow’s your birthday and you’re sick.”

“Don’t worry.” Jongin’s voice was very weak as he was really tired.

“I hope you feel a lot better tomorrow.”

“Mmmhmm.” Kyungsoo knew that Jongin was too tired to really focus now. He turned off the lights and got into bed with Jongin. Jongin put his arm on Kyungsoo and Kyungsoo rested his head on Jongin’s chest like usual. It was only 8:15 PM.

 

***~~~***

 

“What is wrong with me…? Why am I feeling like this again?” Tears were rolling down her face and she wiped them away as she looked through old photos. “Why did I want to do that…? I shouldn’t be feeling this way! I said I forgave him… I should be happy for him… He deserves this happiness.” There was a picture of Jongin in her hands from a year ago. He was in his old school uniform and she smiled. “When I first met you, you seemed like a nice kid. I never think I’d ever want to ever get back at you. No! I don’t want to get back at you… I want you to be happy!” She looked into the mirror and saw her make up smeared over her face from crying and wiping her tears. “Tiffany Hwang… What’s wrong with you?”

 

--------------------

Aw, poor sick Jongin! And his birthday is tomorrow… tsktsktsk. So was Kyungsoo right in taking Jongin’s jacket? Who knows. ^.^