Happiness

Meant to Be?

 

HAPPINESS
"Wh-what?" 
"I'm in love... With a guy..."
"Oh... I... Congrats sweetie..." Baekhyun's mother felt light-headed. She stumbled into a chair and put her face in her hands before crying.
"I'm sorry, Mom." 
"No... I'M sorry. I raised you wrong. I should've done better!"
"Mom it's not your fault, please listen to me!" Baekhyun's voice was now shaking and tears could be seen in his eyes. 
"Son, where did I go wrong?" 
"You didn't go wrong anywhere, it's love, Mom." Kyungsoo interrupted the two of them. He continued,
"You can't change it. No matter who he loves, no matter who his heart beats for, you can't change it. You should be happy that he's found someone who will take care of him. Someone who will cherish him much more than you do. Wouldn't you want that for Baekhyun? Don't you want to see him smile and be happy for the rest of his life? If you aren't comfortable with it, how can Baekhyun ever live being happy knowing his mom disapproves of this? Give him a chance. It's love. It's all the same thing whether it'd be with a boy or girl. His heart aches to be with that one person throughout his entire life. Let Baekhyun be happy. Isn't his happiness your happiness?" Baekhyun was now crying his eyes out and Kyungsoo could be seen tearing just a little. His mother looked at Kyungsoo and just nodded. 
"Y-you're right Kyungsoo." Now she is sobbing. "I do want him to be happy." She let out a deep breath before standing up and going up to Baekhyun. She grabs Baekhyun's shoulders. 
"Baekhyun, I was lost in my ways. I couldn't see the right things before me. Please forgive me. I love you, son. I want you to be happy and I guess my judgments stopped that." Baekhyun's mother hugged him tightly and started sobbing and Baekhyun did the same thing. Kyungsoo stood, watching and smiling. 
 
He's finally happy now. He's finally able to just be happy forever. 
 
Kyungsoo noticed a hand grabbing his arm before being pulled into the hug. Whosever hand grabbed him, it didn't matter. He felt the same amount of love as the other two did at that moment. 
 
***~~~***
 
"Thanks so much Kyung-hyung!" Baekhyun hugged him tightly as they were in his room.
"Ah, it's not a problem. I couldn't see you upset like that. I had to step in. Now save all that hugging for Channie." Kyungsoo winked and patted Baekhyun's shoulders. 
"It should be a good idea to bring him over don't you think?" Baekhyun nodded and went downstairs to ask his mom. Kyungsoo plopped himself on Baekhyun's bed before taking out his phone. 
 
From: Kim Jongin <3 :)
 
Good afternoon! <(^.^)> I just finished hanging out with Tiffany!
 
Kyungsoo smiled at the hug emoticon in the text. 
 
That's sweet! :) you guys are all good now? 
 
Yep! Thanks Kyungsoo! You're the best. 
 
Kyungsoo could only smile and let the happiness flow through. 
 
***~~~***
 
*1 Week Later*
 
"Happy one week cutie!" Chanyeol screamed as he sat down on the lunch table. He hugged his lover and pecked him on the cheek.
"Ahahah, happy one week to you too!" Kyungsoo put his finger in his mouth and pretended to gag. The other two just laughed. 
"You guys disgust me." Kyungsoo smiled and continued eating his lunch.
"You know it's cute. But what's cuter is this!" Chanyeol pulled out a baby picture of Baekhyun.
"YAH! I SAID NOT TO SHOW THAT TO ANYONE!" Baekhyun quickly tried grabbing. 
"You're not getting!" Chanyeol winked and ran out of the lunch room. 
"Don't try to chase after him." Kyungsoo stopped Baekhyun before he got up. "You are no match for Chanyeol when he runs." 
"But... That picture." He was now frowning with his lower lip out. 
"Quit whining! You'll get your picture back!" Kyungsoo laughed and got up to take away his lunch. "Coming?" 
"Yeah sure..." 
"This time, make sure to watch where you're going, you don't wa-" Just then, Kyungsoo's trash fell all over the floor and onto Kris' shoes. 
 
Oh damn it!
 
"WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH YOU GUYS?!" Kris pushed Kyungsoo back a couple of steps. 
"I'M NOT GOING TO STOP THIS TIME!" Kris threw a punch right into Kyungsoo's stomach. Kyungsoo grabbed his stomach before falling over on one knee. Baekhyun's eyes widened. He was enraged at this point. 
"LEAVE HIM ALONE!" Baekhyun threw punches like there was no tomorrow. He wasn't sure how much damage he'd done to Kris, but he knew it was enough to show Kris not to mess with them anymore. 
 
***~~~*** 
 
"Well... I have to give you two days suspension from school for what you did..." The principal, Mr. Kang, was finishing up writing a report about Baekhyun's actions in his office. 
"How much does Kris get?" 
"I can't tell you that sin-"
"HOW MUCH DOES KRIS GET?!" Baekhyun shouted. The principal sighed. 
"None." 
"WHAT?! HE STARTED THE WHOLE THING AND HE GETS NONE?!" 
"Mr. Byun please, even though he caused the fight, you severely injured him. He's not in the hospital and will be receiving medical attention."
"Sorry if the baby can't take my hits. He shouldn't have ever punched Kyungsoo." Baekhyun settled down and crossed his arms.
"Now you'll be receiving them for tomorrow and-"
"If you're going to suspend him, suspend me too." Kyungsoo walked into his office still holding onto his stomach.
"Kyungsoo!" Baekhyun quickly got up to assist his injured friend to sit down. 
"I can't let Baekhyun take the consequence alone. He was the one to help me. I caused the accident. I bumped into Kris and I guess I should've looked where I was going."
"Very well then, both of you, two days suspension. Happy now?"
"As happy as I can be..." 
 
--------------------
Poor Kyungsoo. Sorry if there's a lot of Baeksoo moments, they just seem so great as best friends! :D