Happy Birthday and Get Well Soon

Just The Two Of Us

2 days letter, Donghae didn’t meet Hyukjae at all. He’s busy at home because his family is going to visit him so he need to help his mom to re-arrange some things in their house. Hyukjae didn’t call him either. Donghae began to worry. Without him knowing, he’s daydreaming while washing the dish.

 

“Ehem!” a cough startled Donghae. He almost let the plate that he wash slips from his hands. He look at the source of the voice. It’s his mum.

 

“You shocked me mom. What happen? Do you need my help?” Donghae ask while rubbing the plate he held with sponge.

 

“I need you to concentrate on your job Hae.” Donghae’s mom answer.

 

“I’m sorry mom. I didn’t mean to daydreaming. I’m sorry.” Donghae keeps saying sorry because in fact, he hates making his mom feels disappointed at him. Donghae’s mom chuckled. She was just teasing his son. Seems like his son is distracted with something.

 

“Donghae. Stop washing the dish and follow me.” Donghae’s mom carefully turn off the water tap and dragged Donghae to the living room. She makes Donghae sit beside her.

 

“Now tell me what happen?” Donghae’s mom patted his son’s thigh.

 

Donghae sighed. He decided to tell his mom what’s bugging his mind. “Hyukkie is not calling me these days. And I can’t reach his phone also.” Donghae unconsciously pouted. Donghae’s mom let out another chuckle.

 

“So that’s why. You’re missing your boyfriend.” Donghae’s mom tease.

 

“Of course mom. It’s okay if I’m busy here as long as he call me. I miss him so much.” Donghae feels frustrated and hug his mother. Donghae’s mom laugh and patted Donghae’s back.

 

“How about I call his mom and ask about Hyukjae?” Donghae’s mom suggest. Donghae lift his head and nodded so hard. Donghae’s mom smile and take the phone and call Lee Ji Hyo; Hyukjae’s mom. Hyukjae’s mom let the loud speaker on.

 

“Oh~ Boa yah~ I was just wanted to call you.”

 

Both Boa and Donghae raised his eyebrow.

 

“Why Jihyo-ah?”

 

“Is Donghae there? Can he come over? Hyukjae is having a high fever these past 2 days and it won’t go down because he refused to take medicine. And he’s super stubborn. I don’t know what to do anymore. I hope he might listen to Donghae or we have to take him to the hospital.” JiHyo’s voice sounds really worried.

 

While Donghae’s Worlds coming down. It must be because of the previous date they have. Sensing his son in the verge of crying, he mouth to Donghae to just go to Hyukjae’s place. Donghae didn’t answer her, he run outside and head to Hyukjae’s room while his mom inform JiHyo that his son will be there soon.

 

Donghae arrived at Hyukjae’s house door after 3 minutes of sprinting. He’s dead worried about Hyukjae. He was greeted by the worried looking of JiHyo. JiHyon ask Donghae to bring the tray of medicine to Hyukjae’s room and told him to drink it or she will bring Hyukjae to hospital. Donghae nodded, trying to give a reassuring smile to Hyukjae’s mom. He headed to Hyukjae’s room and knock for some times before going in.

 

“Hyukkie baby.” Donghae call. He wanted to cry so bad looking at a very pale Hyukjae laying emotionlessly on his bed. Donghae tried hard to hold his tears from coming down his eyes. He don’t want to look weak in front of Hyukjae. Especially at time like this. When Hyukjae need him, besides, he don’t want to make Hyukjae worried about him. Donghae walks closer to Hyukajae, put the tray on his nightstands and sit closely to Hyukjae on his bed. He looks at Hyukjae’s uncomfortable face. His heart aches more. He take a cloth from Hyukjae’s forhead, using the cloth to wipe his sweat and damp it with cold water before putting back on Hyukjae’s forehead. And it makes Hyukjae’s frown decreasing. Donghae caress Hyukjae’s hair and kiss his cheek. At the same time, Hyukjae open his eyes because he feels something on his cheek.

 

His vision blurred and he feels like he just got smash by a bulldozer. His head is so heavy and he has trouble focusing his vision.

 

“Hyukjae baby…” a voice call him and he immediately know who it is.

 

“Hae, is that you? Am I hallucinating right now?” Hyukjae said in hoarse and weak voice to confirm who it is since he still has this trouble focusing his vision.

 

Donghae really feels like crying right now. But he convince himself to be strong for Hyukjae. He carres Hyukjae's hair gently.

"Yes baby. I'm here." Then Donghae kiss Hyukjae's cheek to prove him that he's not hallucinating. Hyukjae's lips twitch a smile but it didn't last long since his lips are so dry and it hurts when he smile.

"Hyukkie baby. You need to eat your medicine." Donghae use this opportunity to ask Hyukjae to take his medicine.

"But it's bitter Hae. I don't like." Even in this state, Hyukjae have the power to whine. Donghae chuckled and lean to peck Hyukjae's dry lips. Then he use his puppy eyes on Hyukjae.

"Hyukkie. I'm worried about you." 

Hyukjae looks at Donghae's puppy eyes and don't have the heart to reject him. He can never resist Donghae's puppy eyes.

"Fi*cough*" Hyukjae coughs so hard and it makes Donghae feels more worried. Donghae slip his hand on Hyukjae's back and gently caress it until Hyukjae stops coughing. Once he stop, Donghae run downstair to get Hyukjae something to eat before giving him the medicine. Seems like Donghae's mom knows that Donghae will make Hyukjae drinks medicine so she prepare a chicken porridge for Hyukjae. Donghae warm the porridge again and headed to Hyukjae's room. He put the tray on Hyukjae's bed and help him to sit. He flinch at how hot Hyukjae's skins are.

"Hyukkie. Please finish this porridge ne? I want to see you healthy again. It hurts me to see you like this.” Donghae whisper and pecks Hyukjae’s forehead, then move down to his nose and finally his lips. Tears already in the edge of his eyes. But someone cupped his face.

 

“Uljima. Please don’t cry. I’m going to finish the porridge and eat medicine and tomorrow I’ll be healthy and we can spend our holiday with another date arasso? Please don’t cry.” It’s Hyukjae’s turn to kiss Donghae’s lips. Donghae force himself not to cry and smile lovingly.

 

“Arasso. I’ll help you to eat.” And Donghae feed Hyukjae until the bowl is clean. Then Donghae help Hyukjae to drink his medicine. Hyukjae asks Donghae to sleep beside him. Donghae immediately agree but he need to call his mom first. Fortunately, his mom allows Donghae to sleepover in Hyukjae’s since she knows so well that Hyukjae needs Donghae right now. After Donghae ended his call with his mom, he slip himself beside Hyukjae. He tugged the blanket over Hyukjae’s shoulder and pull the weak boyfriend to his chest.

 

“Sleep Hyukkie. Please get well soon.” Donghae whisper.

 

Hyukjae smile and snuggle to Donghae’s neck. It may be weird because Hyukjae is the one who usually do this to Donghae. But now it’s the opposite. Now he know why Donghae loves cuddling so much. Because it’s so nice to be in an embrace of the person you love the most. You can tell how much they love you and you love them.

 

Hyukjae wanted to just talk to Donghae right now. He doesn’t want to sleep again because truthfully, it makes him tired. But the medicine is slowly pulling him to a dreamless sleep so he can do nothing instead of giving him. His eyelid getting heavier bit by bit plus the fact that Donghae is caressing his hair gently. It makes him more sleepy. The last thing he heard before he pass out because of medicine was Donghae’s voice singing him a lullaby.

 

After a while, Donghae stop singing and look at his boyfriend. Hyukjae didn’t look in pain so he’s assuming that his lover is finally getting a good sleep. He peck Hyukjae’s pink cheek before he closed his eyes feeling tired.

 

###

 

The next morning, Donghae wake up when the sun ray hits his eyes. He snuggle more into his pillow and search for his boyfriend to cuddle. He reach his hand to find his lover beside him but he touch nothing. He abruptly opened his eyes and Hyukjae is not in his bed indeed. He tried to call Hyukjae but no one answer.

 

“Hyukkie! Hyukkie!” Donghae get up from bed and search for his lover in the bathroom. But he found no one. He then decide to get out from his lover’s room heading downstairs. He frown because he saw no one at Hyukjae’s house. Donghae take his phone out and call Hyukjae, but no one answer. Seems like he left his phone in his room. He’s starting to get worried. He don’t know if Hyukjae is getting better or not. He decide to wait for another hour before deciding to call Hyukjae’s parents. Maybe Hyukjae goes out to buy some foods. That’s what Donghae hope.

 

He waited for 30 minutes before his mom call him asking him to buy some foods because practically, Donghae’s relatives are coming this afternoon. Donghae feeling guilty for leaving his mom alone dealing with the house core, he agreed immediately. But deep inside he’s feeling super worried because he don’t see Hyukjae in the morning. He decide to call Hyukjae’s sister telling her that he wake up without Hyukjae and he needed to headed home now. Oh! Yes. Hyukjae have an older sister named Sora. Back to Donghae. Sora said it’s okay because maybe Hyukjae just went out to buy something to eat because he clearly don’t have the talent to cook. Donghae sighed. He hope what Sora said is true. They bid goodbye and Donghae run outside to buy all the things that his mom needed. He just received a message from his mom about the list and it’s a lot. It will take times to buy those things.

 

Donghae spend the afternoon and the evening to buy all the things that his mom needed. Before he knows it, it already past 6 in the evening. He wonder why his mom didn’t call him because their relatives might be starving right now. It almost dinner time. He also wonder why Hyukjae hadn’t call him. Is he okay? Just after Donghae ask himself, his phone rang. He hope it’s Hyukjae who tell him that he’s okay or just asking him why he’s not in Hyukjae’s house but the ID caller is his mom. Donghae sighed for the nth time that day. He picked up the phone.

 

“Yes mom?”

 

“Why you sounds disappointed? Are you okay?” his mom asked worriedly.

 

“Nah. I’m okay. Just a bit tired looking at the things on the list. Why?”

“Oh. I’m so sorry dear. I can’t leave home.” His mom replied. Sounds guilty.

 

“Nah. Don’t worry mom. I’m the one who should sorry for leaving in the middle of preparation.” Donghae smiled though he knows his mom can’t see it.

 

“Ani~ Don’t worry dear. Hyukjae is sick. You need to stay beside him and take care of him. By the way, where are you right now?”

 

“I’m in the bus heading home. Oh! I’m arrived at the bus stop already so I’ll be there about in 10 minutes?” Donghae looks at the time on his phone.

 

“Oh. Sure. Be careful kay?”

 

“Arasso mom.” Donghae nodded and they ended the call. Donghae put the phone inseide his pocket before taking all the paper bags that he got from all the shopping. He carefully walks so there will be no accident with the things he brought. He tilt his head looking at his house. Only the garden’s lamps on. He slowly open the door and put his belonging on the kitchen. Seems like no one at home. Then who’s calling him to get home early? His mind starting to wonder around. He search for the lamp switch and switch it on.

 

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY DONGHAE!!!!!” suddenly the room fills with shouting and cheering. He can hear sounds of trumpet too.

 

Donghae gaped and he looks like a fish. A cute one. He totally forgot that today is his birthday. He could see his mom and dad. He could see all his friends like Kyuhyun, Sungmin, Siwon, the diva Heechul, Leeteuk, Kangin, Ryeowook, Yesung, Hankyung, Kibum, Shindong. There’s some of his cousins too. But he don’t see his boyfriend. His worry becomes bigger. But then a hand slip on his waist from his back.

 

“Happy birthday baby.”

 

Donghae can feels hot breath on his ear before he received a kiss on his cheek. He turns around and see a person he’s been looking for all day.

 

“Do you like it?” Hyukjae smile lovingly.

 

“H-how? Y-you?” Donghae stutters because he’s still in shock.

 

“I’m sorry I’m leaving you this morning. I had to prepare all of this.” Hyukjae explained.

 

“B-But.. y-you.. you’re sick!”

 

“I was sick. Now I’m okay! See~ You know I almost failed making this surprise because of the stupid fever. But then it helps me to make this surprise works.”

 

“Y-you…” Donghae is speechless. But then he…

 

“Huwaaaaaaaa!!!!!!” Donghae cried so loud. All people in that room becomes panic at the sudden cry, especially Hyukjae.

 

“H-Hae… Why are you crying? Do you hate this? I’m so sorry.” Hyukjae said cupping Donghae’s with both his hand and wipe the tears with his thumbs. But Donghae stepped back and hit Hyukjae on his chest as hard as he can.

 

“You pabo!!! Hyukie pabo!! Do you know how worried I am when I didn’t found you beside me when I’m awake? Do you know how worried I am when I can’t find you at all in your home!? Hyukkie pabo!!! Huwaaa!!!” Donghae cried harder.

 

“I’m so sorry Hae. I didn’t mean to make you worried.” Hyukjae sighed. He let Donghae hit him. A hit landed on his chest making him cough because truthfully, he hasn’t recovered 100 percent.

 

“Donghae baby. It’s not entirely Hyukjae’s fault. We also at fault.” Leeteuk, the ‘mom’ of the group try to explain. Donghae’s mom already run to the kitchen to take a glass of water.

 

“H-hyukkie.” Seems like Donghae is back to his sense after looking at his lover coughing.

 

“I-It’s okay Hae baby. I’m okay.” Hyukjae said after the coughs. A hand offer him a glass of water and Hyukjae gladly received it.

 

“Thanks omma.” Hyukjae thanked Donghae’s mom. Hyukjae eagerly gulp down the water. He feels a lot better.

 

“Hyukkie… Everyone.. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to cry. I feel so relieved knowing that Hyukkie is okay plus the fact that I’m very happy to see all of you.” Donghae bowed and lowered his head.

 

“Don’t worry baby.” Donghae feels a hand slips on his waist again so he use the opportunity to hugged Hyukjae tight.

 

“Please don’t leave me like that again. I’m scared.” Donghae whisper on Hyukjae’s chest.

 

“Arasso. I’m sorry for making you worried baby.” Hyukjae broke the hug. He held Donghae’s nape and lean closer to claim Donghae’s lips.

 

“Ehem! We’re here!” a fake cough interrupt them and without him knowing, Heechul already dragged Donghae to the cake prepared on the table and he ask Donghae to make a wish before blowing the candle. Donghae happily closed his eyes tight and re-opened it then blow the candles. Everyone cheering.

 

Hyukjae pouted because Heechul interrupt their kiss but he smiles immediately looking at the bright smile on Donghae’s face.

 

They spend the night with chatting and laughing. They play together too. Even with a simple game like 3-6-9, everyone join including Donghae’s parents. Donghae looks at the clock hanging and he gasped. It’s already 12 AM.

 

“Guys!!! We need to stop right now!!!” Donghae shouts. Everyone whimper in disappointment.

 

“Why Hae?” Sungmin whinned.

 

“Look at the clock Minnie. It’s already 12 in the midnight.” Donghae carefully explained.

 

“How about you guys having a sleepover here??” Donghae’s dad suggest and everyone cheers in happiness.

 

Donghae laughed too. As much as he want to sleep. He’s so happy to be able to gather together like this and play. So he think that it won’t hurt to stay all night long playing with his friend and his family.

 

A head fall on his shoulder.

 

Donghae stop thinking. He look at the owner of the head and smile finding that it’s Hyukjae’s. He falls asleep on Donghae’s shoulder. No wonder he didn’t heard Hyukjae’s voice during the game.

 

Donghae’s mom noticed how Donghae looks at Hyukjae and smiled.

 

“Hae dear. You can bring Hyukjae to your room and take a rest. He didn’t recover 100 percent so he still feels tired.” Donghae’s mom smile gently. Donghae looks around at his friends. They’re all understand him.

 

“Go tucked him hyung. We’re okay here. We’re going to play until morning. Right omma?” Kyuhyun asks Donghae’s mom for confirmation. Donghae’s mom just smiles and nodded. Donghae grinned so wide.

 

“Thanks all!!” Donghae then pick Hyukjae bridal style and bring him to his room. Donghae frown at how light Hyukjae is despite all his energy that his boyfriend had. Hyukjae can easily lift Donghae.

 

Once Donghae lied Hyukjae on his bed, Donghae went to his closet to change into pajamas and sleep beside Hyukjae. He check Hyukjae’s temperature. It’s not hot like yesterday. Some rests would help him to recover.

 

“Don’t get sick again neh Hyukkie~ I love you. Sleep well. Sweet dream.” Donghae pecks Hyukjae’s lips. He wanted to release but a hand grab his nape. Hyukjae move his lips slowly before Donghae replied with the same passion.

 

They broke apart and pants.

 

“That’s because Heechul interrupt us earlier. Good night baby. And Happy birthday love!” Hyukjae kissed Donghae’s nose. Donghae giggles.

 

“Thank you Hyukkie. For everything. Get well soon Hyukkie.” Donghae hid his face on the crook of Hyukjae’s neck; feeling so sleepy all of sudden. Hyukjae tightened their hug.

 

“Your welcome. And thank you for taking care of me yesterday.” Hyukjae replied then they both fall asleep on each other embrace.

 

 

####

I'm supposed to update this yesterday!! But I can't! huwwwaaa!!!

This is my birthday fic for our cutie, lovely fish, Lee Donghaek (blame Hyukkie~ hehehe)

Happy 28th birthday Donghae oppa!! I wish you all the best! Please take care and don't be sick ne?~

I didn't believe you're 28. You looks so young and you're super duper cute! hihihihi~ /deathglare from Hyukkie uh-oh /runs/

Btw, I hope you guys enjoy this update! :D I'll update more often when I got holidays :)

Thanks for supporting me in the contest :) As usual~ comments are <3

 

oh! And I love spamming about Eunhae in twitter so if u have one, you can follow me here @lolelululila :)