Leaving Our Trace Behind

Just The Two Of Us

Hyukjae wakes up with a smile on his face. He got a wonderful idea for dates to make up the lost 2 weeks that he use to build the tree house for Donghae. Oh! They finish the tree house yesterday. Apparently, Donghae has been whining to help Hyukjae to build the tree house. Donghae insist after he see the bruise all over Hyukjae’s hand. Hyukjae don’t want to make Donghae sad and thinking that he is getting tired with him again so he just agreed. It turns out well. They often spend time together there. Eating lunch, just looking at the scenery. They even thinking of putting a bed and a TV there. It’s like their second home. No; their own home. Just like what a family has. Hyukjae love the thought of it. Hyukjae hasn’t ask Donghae for another date because he don’t know where to take Donghae to. He’s been thinking of it. And he got such a wonderful idea. He remember that Donghae has been telling him this underwater show. He hopes the show hasn’t ended yet.

Yesterday Hyukjae and Donghae visit their tree house again and Hyukjae ask Donghae for date. He’s happy to see the sparks on Donghae’s eyes when he ask him out. It’s like he’s making a good decision. Donghae immediately hugged Hyukjae’s tight and keeps repeating ‘thank you’ and ‘I love you’. On the other side, Hyukjae feels guilty too because he’s ditching Donghae for the whole 2 weeks. So he decide to make wonderful dates for Donghae.

Hyukjae get up, running a little to his bathroom to shower before standing in front of his wardrobe looking for a suitable clothes to wear for today’s date. He have quite good fashion style.

“For today. I think I just use a simple T-Shirt with a black skinny.” Hyukjae talk to himself. He choose not to wear something so complicated and too eye catching because he wanted the date to be relaxing.

After Hyukjae is ready with everything, he went out his house, not forgetting to kiss goodbye his parents and sister as well as Choco. He run to Donghae’s house since… oh yeah! Forgot to tell, Donghae and Hyukjae live nearby. Not so close. But not so far either.

Hyukjae arrived in front of Donghae’s door just by 1 minute running. He control his breath first before he ring the bell. Donghae’s mom is the one who open the door and she’s happy to see Hyukjae here.

“DONGHAE!! HYUKJAE’S HERE!!” Donghae’s mom shout.

“Wait for a while mom!” Donghae shouts back from his room. Minutes later, Donghae appear on the living room. He wear a simple shirt with a jeans and black converse. Hyukjae look at Donghae from head to toe.

“Uh- Hyukkie. Why are you staring? I look bad, didn’t I?” Donghae pouted. He takes hours to choose this clothes. He doesn’t know what to wear since it’s their first real date in this summer.

“No! No! You looks absolutely beautiful baby. As always.” Hyukjae intertwined their hand and he take Donghae’s out. Donghae couldn’t help not to blush because of Hyukjae’s endearment.

“Take care both of you! Have fun!” Donghae’s mom shout again from the kitchen.

“Thank you mom!” Hyukjae replied. Their family is so closed to the point that Hyukjae call Donghae’s mom with mom. Plus, both Donghae and Hyukjae are in a relationship now.

“So Hyukkie~ Where are we going to?” Donghae asks when Hyukjae walks to the bus stop.

"Aquarium! We'll be watching the underwater show that you've been talking about!" Hyukjae said. Donghae almost squeal like a fangirl. Instead, he jumps while clutching on Hyukjae's shirt with a big grin on his face.

"HYUKKIE!!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!" Donghae peck Hyukjae's lips because he's too happy. Hyukjae feels his cheek redden because of the sudden kiss. On the other side, Donghae is too happy and excited to realize what he's been doing. They're waiting for the bus to arrive when Donghae feels that his phone vibrates. He pick his phone.

"Ne omma!" Donghae answer full of passion.

Hyukjae read Donghae's facial expression. He's glad that Donghae is happy. But then he saw Donghae frowned and the pouted.

"Mommm~~ But Hyukkie and me-" Donghae whinned. He feels like crying. 

"Arasso." Donghae pouted again before turning off the phonecall.

Hyukjae slips his hand on Donghae's shoulder and pull him to his side.

"Why pouting Hae?" Hyukjae gently tap his finger on Donghae's pouty lips. Donghae looks Hyukjae with watery eyes.

 

“Hyukkie… M-mom told me to go to the library to search for some recipes. There will be important guests coming to my home tonight. I’m sorry.” Donghae is ready to cry. He really feels sorry for ruining his date with Hyukkie. What shock Donghae the most is when Hyukjae suddenly smiles.

 

“Eihh~ Don’t cry baby Hae~ It’s okay. We can always go other time! We have plenty time since the summer vacation is super long right??” Hyukjae ruffles Donghae’s hair.

“So, don’t you dare to cry or the fishes out there will cry too.” Hyukjae continued.

 

Donghae stares at Hyukjae for a while before he smiles to and wiped the tears who in the verge of falling. He then nodded.

 

“Thank you Hyukkie. I’m sorry to ruin our date and going to library instead.”

 

“You don’t need to be sorry Hae.”

 

“B-but. Which couple goes to library to date Hyukkie? No one.”


“What’s wrong with library? It’s cool. The place is calm. And there are so many interesting books to read. Besides, as long as you’re with me, then I’m okay.” Hyukjae explained.

 

Donghae’s eyes got teary again. But he hold it. He don’t want to be a crybaby.

 

“Thank you so much Hyukkie!! I love you and I can’t live without you!!” Donghae shout and cling on Hyukjae’s neck like a baby koala.

 

“Arasso.” Hyukjae answer with gentle voice while making shooting circles on Donghae’s back.

 

“Oh Hae! The bus is coming! Let’ go!” Hyukjae grabbed Donghae’s hand and guide him in. They take the very back seat because it’s comfortable. Donghae sit on the one beside the window and lean his head to Hyukjae’s shoulder while looking at the road.

 

When they arrive on the library, Donghae directly run to the cooking section and look for the recipes that his mom wants. Unknown for him, it’s quite hard to find the recipes that his mom wanted. Hyukjae and Donghae take seats on the table beside the window. Donghae had this books and paper in front of him as well as Hyukjae.

 

After some minutes of searching, Donghae bang his head on the book.

 

“Huhuhu. I don’t know where to find the recipes!!” Donghae whinned. Hyukjae looks at Donghae and chuckled.

 

“Be patience Hae baby. Let me return this book on the shelve and look for another book for you okay. We’ll find it. We just need to search fast, give it to your mom and we still have time, we can go to out.”

 

Donghae’s mood lighten up a bit. He nodded and continue searching for the recipes that his mom wants. Hyukjae feel relieved to see Donghae’s smile.

 

“Hae~ I put back these books that we don’t need anymore and search for another one.” Hyukjae get up from his seat with 5 thick recipes book on his hand.

 

“Ung. Be careful Hyukkie.” Donghae replied without looking at Hyukjae. He really wants to finish this quickly and go out to date with his lover.

 

Hyukjae walks to the food section before putting back the books that he take. After that, he look for another book who might have the recipes that Donghae’s mom need. He take one book when a slip of paper falls from the book. He takes it and look at it. His eyes widened in surprise. It must be their fate. He smiles widely. Hyukjae wanted to run to Donhgae but he suddenly have this idea. He takes the recipes book with him and walk to the reception table. He asks for little stick-it paper and go back to Donghae.

 

Hyukjae didn’t go immediately to Donghae. On the way back, he pick random books from fiction section or anything he passed on. He carries about 10 books in his hand and he put it on the table. Donghae look up at the pile of book on the table.

 

“Eh! Hyukkie!! Why you take so many? It doesn’t even related to cooking.” Donghae look at Hyukjae in disbelief.

 

“Don’t worry Hae. Just forget your research and we’ll do something interesting.” Hyukjae take Donghae’s paper and put it somewhere on the table before replace the paper with the stick-it papers that he got from the librarian ajusshi.

 

“What is this? We don’t have time Hyukkie. We need to find the recipes as soon as possible so we can continue our date.” Donghae sulked. Why suddenly Hyukjae wanted to play in this situation? Donghae thought.

 

“Just listen to me Hae. I know you’ve been wanting to go watch the underwater show. We can go tomorrow. I think, why we didn’t enjoy our date here first?” Hyukjae smile. He knows he make Donghae confused, so he need to explain to him slowly.

 

“Ung?? But why?” Donghae tilted his head.

 

“Emm.. let’s see… I want to give you a unique date today so I think we can start it from here? You see, there are no couple going to library to date. So maybe I can make a special date for you. It’s okay if you hate it. Maybe it’s a bad idea after all. It’s kinda just slip out in my mind when I search for the books and found this inside.” Hyukjae handed Donghae the paper. Donghae can see a hint of sad in Hyukjae’s eyes. He look at the paper that Hyukjae give. His eyes widened in surprise just like Hyukjae when he read the paper.

 

“Omo!” Donghae gasped. The paper consists of a recipe which Donghae’s mom ask him to find. Complete with the simplest way to cook it. He feels someone standing up.

 

“I’m going to return this book so we can go to your house soon and we can watch underwater show.” Hyukjae stand up and carried the book he picked. But someone grab his wrist.

 

“No. No! Don’t! I-I’m sorry Hyukkie. Please don’t return the book.” Donghae pleaded. Hyukjae sighed and go back to his seat.

 

“It’s okay Hae. It’s just a stupid idea of mine. I’m sorry if I sounds like I force you.” Hyukjae sighs again. He thought that he could make things better. But it didn’t work that way.

 

“No! Don’t say that Hyukkie. I’ve been blinded by the underwater show. I guess I’m being selfish. Only think about myself. Please~ I listen to your idea. We can go to underwater show anytime.” Donghae smiles wide. Not wanting Hyukjae to feel bad. Hyukjae slowly looking at Donghae.

 

“Are you sure? You know I won’t force you to do this. We can go watch the underwater show now.” Hyukjae asks again.

 

Donghae pouted. “So you don’t want to tell me your idea? Fine! We go home now and watch the underwater show!” Donghae sulks. He turn his face away from Hyukjae and he pack his things.

 

“No.No! I don’t mean that way Hae baby. Please don’t be mad. Okay, I’ll tell you. Come here.” Hyukjae panic when Donghae sulks. Donghae smiles in victory. His evil plan works.

 

“Then tell me now.” Donghae jumps on his seats; impatient.

 

“Stop bouncing baby. You’ll be dizzy.”

 

“Palli Hyukkie.”

 

“Okay. Okay. Here.” Hyukjae give Donghae the stick-it papers. Donghae just look at the papers; trying to find out what it means.

 

“So, I have this idea… we’re going to write something on these papers. And we’re gonna slip it somewhere on these books. You can write anything you want. It’s like leaving our trace behind. Telling people that we were here. Aish~ sounds stupid and childish right?” Eunhyuk scratch his head, feeling embarrassed.

 

Donghae wanted to pinch Hyukjae’s cheek so much because it’s red and he’s cute when he’s embarrassed.

 

“Awww~ Don’t say that Hyukkie. It’s actually very sweet.” Donghae smiles wide. “I never think we can do that in library. Plus the fact that we’re dating. You’re genius Hyukkie!! We’re gonna tell the world that we’re here! Woah!!!” Donghae jumps from his seat to Hyukjae and hugged him tight. Donghae buried his face to Hyukjae’s neck and inhale his manly scent.

 

Hyukjae chuckled. He loves this man so much. He loves Donghae so much.

 

“Thank you Hae~ Maybe not the world. But at least people who read this book someday, they know that we’re together. Let’s write now!” Hyukjae said enthusiastically.  Donghae giggle before he move from Hyukjae’s laps, taking a piece of paper and write something. Hyukjae did too.

 

“What are you writing Hae?” Hyukjae curious.

 

“Hmm~ MonHyuk and HaeMo was here before! Something like that. Hehehehe.” Donghae giggled.

 

“Aih~ you’re so cute. The reader of this book will think that you’re so cute writing like that.”

 

Donghae listen to Hyukjae but not answering. Too focus writing. While Hyukjae don’t know what to write. He’s been thinking for a while. He look at the pile of books.

 

“Oh! Hae! Look! There’s a book about everything in sea!” Hyukjae show Donghae the blue covered book.

 

“OMG! I will borrow that!!! Don’t put it back Hyukkie! I’m going to borrow it!!” Donghae freak out. Hyukjae chuckled.

 

“How about this Hae.. You continue writing the letters, I’m going to help you borrow this book, okay?”

 

“Okay! Thanks Hyukkie! Yey!” Donghae cheer. Hyukjae took the book and walk into the reception to borrow the book. About 5 minutes later, he comes back with the book.

 

“Are you finish??” Hyukjae asks.

 

“Yes! Let’s put it somewhere in the book and put it back on the shelves!”

 

Donghae and Hyukjae put each letter inside each books and put it back on the shelves, hoping that someday people will borrow it and read the letter. Now, they’re going back home because Donghae mom just call saying that she needs the recipes as soon as possible. Donghae pouted again but Hyukjae reminds him that he got the book about sea and Donghae immediately smiles again.

 

Once Donghae is home, Donghae’s mom directly apologizing for disturbing their date. Donghae wanted to sulks but looking at her eyes puppy eyes, he choose to let it go. See? Like mother like son. Hyukjae will always give up on Donghae’s puppy eyes too.

 

In the end, Hyukjae and Donghae ended up cuddling on Donghae’s bed in his room. Hyukjae sitting on the back with his back lean on the board and Donghae sit between Hyukjae’s leg. They choose to watch some movies at home. They didn’t even realize when the sky is getting darker. Hyukjae realize once he feel his phone vibrate, showing that his mom calls. Hyukjae ended the conversation after some minutes.

 

“Baby Hae…” Hyukjae calls Donghae.

 

“Yes Hyukkie??”

 

“I think I need to go home now. My moms need me at home.” Hyukjae said while giving Donghae’s cheek a peck.

 

“Awww~ I hope you can stay longer Hyukkie.” Donghae pouted. “But, it’s okay! I’ll go to your house tomorrow??” Donghae continued.

 

“No. Don’t! We’re going to watch the underwater show right? So I’m going to pick you up tomorrow.”

 

“REALLY?!? YEY!!! I will tell mom not to let any guests coming to home tomorrow so she won’t ask me to look for recipes again.” Donghae laugh evilly. Hyukjae pinch Donghae’s cheek.

 

“Haish! You’re beyond cute!!” Hyukjae release his pinch, but still cupping Donghae’s cheek. He bring his face closer and closed his eyes. Donghae did the same thing. Their lips touch. Their lips moving on their own once they found each other. No tounge involve. Just a sweet long kiss. They both broke when they’re breathless.

 

“I need to go now Hae. Good night baby!” Hyukjae give Donghae a last peck on his lips before he get up from the bed and leave the room.

 

“Good night Hyukkie.” Donghae answer. He sighed when he lost the sight of Hyukjae in his room. But they’re going to go out again tomorrow and Donghae is excited! He suddenly remember the book about sea that he borrowed from the library. He pick it from his desk and open the book page per page. He flips another page when he found a piece of paper folded in the book. He open it.

 

 

Standing still by the window, you’re staring at the sky
Seems like you’re hugged by the soft sunlight
Miracle, fate, to me who didn’t believe
Only you alighted

Nothing is needed, nothing to be damaged
this feeling, you’re feeling the same right?

The thing that you’re for me
Is a miracle once in a lifetime
On rainy days, cuddle together and laughing matchly,
On bright days, start running and laughing together oh
When you’re here, anything and everything
I have a feeling I can do well
Every day is lovely with you
So I couldn’t pause the singing voice

Any number of times, like the day breaks and the sun rises
I want to pile up the smiles, to finish everywhere
Me without you, even the color of the sky
I can’t do well baby

You and Me, when we link hand to hand

You and Me, continue to feel the wing

Matching the steps, changing the eyes

You, you, you give me just the love that I need

 

 

Hyukjae to Donghae

 

 

 

####

An update!!! I'm not really confident with this chapter~ so yeah~ I hope you enjoy :) as usual comments are <3 and NO SILENT READER PLEASE~

 U can ask everything about kpop or my fic on ask.fm/lolelululila