Blind and Sick

Ready, Set, Go!

(YOU) MINHEE'S POV

 

I woke up this morning, with my contacts iritating my eyes. I walked to the bathroom and took them out. I felt like a blind person. I woke up early because I am going to take the kids to school today. I walked into Taemin's room and asked, "Taemin-ah, where are your glasses?" In his tired voice, he said, "On the desk." I walked over to the desk, and felt aroound the desk to find them. I found them and put them on, Everything was clear again. I was a little cold and my head was hurting a little. I might as well just sleep a little longer. I climbed in my bed and went back to sleep. I was freezing.

DAEHYUN'S POV

 

I woke up this morining hearing knocking on the door and faint voices of kids. I opened the door to see Minwoo and Sooyoung knocking on the door. They were out of breath. "What happened?" I asked. I heard Minwoo saying, "She's dead!" "What do you mean?" I asked again. "Minhee! She's not waking up!" Sooyoung said. They dragged me to her room and I saw Amber trying to wake her up. She saw me and backed away. Minhee was pale. I took her arm and looked at it. "Guys, she isn't dead, she is sleeping." I said smiling. "But, she is sick." I said. She forgot to take her glasses off so I gently took it off for her. I put them on her night stand. I pulled the blanket away from her to see what she will do. She quickly took the blanket and covered herself. "I will take you guys to school, and my freinds and I will take care of her, Ok?" I said to them. They nodded and I got dressed. While I was getting dressed Zelo woke up. "Hyung, where are you going?" 

"I am taking the kids to school, and we have to take care of Minhee, she is sick." I said going out the door. I dropped them off and we went to Minhee's place. I left the door unlocked so we could walk in. I walked in and saw Taemin sitting in the couch with his freinds. I went straight upstairs while everybody else hung out downstairs. I knocked on the door and opened it. I saw Minhee sleeping. She was even more pale than before. She sat up looking for her glasses. I handed them to her and she put them on. Her room was big, she had a t.v., a desk, a big closet, a bathroom, and a dresser, and other stuff. I think she left the window open last night, that is probably why she is sick. I closed the window, and asked, "You Ok?" She nodded yes. 

I went downstairs to get some medicine, and I made her some breakfast. While I made breakfast, everybody else was talking and playing games. I brought the food and medicine upstairs. Minhee was sleeping again. I tapped her and said, "Minhee," She woke up and sat up again. I gave her some medicine, and gave her some breakfast. While she was eating, I thought about what my mother always did to make me feel better. Laughter is always the best medicine. "I will be right back." I told her. I walked over to my apartment and brought some movies. Since she has a t.v., we could watch movies. I went back upstairs to her room and sat next to her on her bed. "I brought some movies." I said smiling. I sat next to her and we watched funny movies the whole time. She has a nice laugh, and her smile could light up a room. I checked her temperatuer and she was warm, She didn't look pale either. We went downstairs and we sat on the couch with everybody else. "Noona, you know you are still in your pajamas, right?" Taemin said to her. "Yeah." Minhee said. She was wearing a bra, and fitted tanktop, and some sleeping shorts. We laughed and talked together. We ate lunch Minhee and I were right about to pick up the kids from school. "I'm driving and we are taking my car." She said smiling. "Is it even safe?" I asked her. "Yeah, I built it myself." She said walking out the door. We got into her car, and she started driving. 

"Nice car." I said to her. "Uh, is there somebody following us?" I asked looking back. The looked in the rear-view mirror, and said, "Yup." "Are we gonna lose them?" I asked her. She looked at me and said, "Hold on." She pounded on the gas pedal and started driving faster. She was not kidding when she said hold on. We lost them and she pulled up to the school. We got out and we walked in the school. We went to the classroom and she asked the teacher, "Are Minwoo, Sooyoung, and Amber here?" She was an old strict-looking teacher. "Detention! Why do you want to know? Only parents can pick them up. If you are a sibling, or guardian, you are not allowed to pick them up. Parents ONLY!" The lady said. Minhee looked at me and said to the lady, "We are their parents." She said. "The dentention room!" She said. "No need to be a about it." Minhee said under her breath. 

"We are never talking about this again." She said. I laughed and we walked to the detention room. "They really have a room for detention?" I asked. "I guess." She said. Before she knocked on the door, we heard somebody yelling at them. "But sir, we really didn't do anything! I swear!" I heard Minwoo say. But he just kept yelling at them. "But it wasn't us!" I heard Amber say. "Not another word from you digusting little orphans! No wonder nobody has adopted you!" I saw Minhee's face and she was about to kick the door open. I tried to calm her down but she was too mad. I opened the door and started glaring at them. "Who are you? What are you doing here?" He teacher said. "She's our-" Amber tried to say something. The man cut her off and said, "What do you want with these things?" He said pointing at them. "I'm their Mother!" She said yelling at him. "Why did you bring them here?!?" She said. "Those..things of yours unscrewed the nails to my chair, and when I sat down, It broke!" He said looking at them.

"Why don't you beleive my kids? So what it's a chair! And if I ever hear you say those things to my kids again, I will break your legs and make you walk home." She said glaring at him. "I will call the police if you ever touch me!" He said to her. "I will rip your heart out before you could do anything else." She said taking the kids. We walked out and I said, "You're really creepy when you are mad." "I don't want to talk about it." She said walking to the car. She drove us home and we went to her apartment. "I didn't know you had kids." I said to her. "I don't." She said. "Then who are the parents?" I aksed her. "They don't have any." She said opening the door. We walked in and she went straight upstairs. I sat on the couch next to Taemin. "You have NO idea what I just saw today." I said. "What happened THIS time?" He said. "It's a VERY long story." I said. "Well, I'm just gonna go home. Tell Minhee I said to get better." I just walking out. 

I walked into my apartment and I flopped on the floor. "What happened?" Youngjae asked. He flopped on the floor next to me. "A lot." I said. "I'm listening." He said. I told him everything and Jongup said, "I guess she really cares about them. But the chair part was funny though." He said. "Seems as if she cares about you." Himchan said. "Why do you say that?" I said sitting up. "Well, she did call the both of you the 'Parents' If I am correct." Himchan said. We all fell asleep. I woke up the next morning and was about to go to Minhee's apartment to see if she was okay. I opened the door to see her walking out ready to go to work. Before she could close the door, I saw a guy behind her. He pulled her back in the apertment and slammed the door. There was a lot of banging noises. I heard somebody banging on the door. Afterwards, I saw Minhee walk out dragging the guy out of the door. He was either knocked out or dead, because there was blood on his face. She turned around and there was a bruise on her face. "Did you see that?" She asked. "Yup." I said. "Oops." She said looking at him. Taemin came to the door and looked at the guy. "Noona, what is that?" He asked "Nothing!" She said. He looked at me and I said, "I have nothing to do with this." Taemin walked back in and closed the door. She sighed in relief and the man on the ground sat up. In a split second, she stomp on his head. "See you later." She said dragging and hiding the body. She dragged the body and threw it in a dumpster. She walked to the shop and went to work. Our manager wanted us to get our hair done. My hair was brown, with blonde highlights in the front. I went to the auto-shop to see what Minhee would think. She was working under a car and I said, "Knock Knock!" 

"Who's there!" She said. I smiled and said, "Who do think?"  "Do I need to know?" She said. "Do you know who you're talking to?" I said smiling. "How many guesses do I get?" She said. "Does it matter?" I asked her. "Is it supposed to?" She said sliding out. "hey." I said to her. "Out of all that we said, that is the only thing that you could come up with?" She said smiling. "Whatever." I sitting down. "Love the hair." She said smiliing and wiping her hands with a rag. "Thanks." I said smiling. "You look even better than before." She said smiling. "So I wasn't good looking?" I said. "You were, it's just now your 'great' looking." She said smiling. A man came up infront of us. "Hello, I'm from America." He said. "Do you speak english?" He said. 

"Yeah." I said in english. "Well, I don't know how to work this new car, can you show me how?" He said. Minhee said pointing to the car, "Well,  when you put the key in the ignition, Don't turn it, just put it in, when you put it in, the car is already in drive. Just press on the gas pedal." She said in english. The guy said, "Oh, thank you." He said leaving. "Woah, you can speak english?" I asked her. "Yup." She said smling. "I sometimes get confused on what language I am supposed to speak." She said. "Well, my shift is over." She said closing up the shop. We walked home to the apartment. The whole time we were walking she talked about her ruined childhood and how she was never loved. I knew she tried to keep her tears back. We walked upstairs and we said goodbye. Before she could walk in, I grabbed her hand and pulled her closer to me. I hugged her and said, "I don't wanna see you cry." I patted her head and she nodded. She walked into her apartment and waved at me. I waved back and she closed the door. I walked in and flopped on my bed. She touch was gentle and warm. I think I kinda like her, I don't know. What if I ask her out and she won't like me? What do I do then?