Start Your Engines

Ready, Set, Go!

(YOU) MINHEE'S POV

 

It was my day off today, so I decided to hang out wih Amber, Sooyoung and Minwoo. I stayed there for the whole day. At night, I went to the streets to watch people race. I saw a familiar guy from the shop. I hid my face and I felt a tap on my shoulder. It was my old freind, GD. "Hey girl! How long has it been?" He said smiling. "I don't know, too long huh?" I said smiling back. We watched the race together. Once the race was finished, the winner would pick somebody from the audience to race next. GD pushed me ahead and said, "She wants to race." They set out a car for me and I looked at GD saying, "You are soooo messed up, you know that right." He laughed and they gave me the keys. I stepped in the car and started the car. "Ready, Set, Go!" The lady said. I pounded on the gas pedal and went ahead of him. Luckily, I know the streets like the back of my hand. I drove off of the trak and drove into an ally. There is a ramp at the end that will lead to the race. I sped up the ramp and landed hard infront of him. I won. I got out the car and gave some random guy the keys. I took a beer and said goodbye to GD. I walked home drinking the beer. I came back to the garage with an empty beer botle. Taemin and his friends were waiting for me. "Have you been drinking?" Jonghyun said, looking at the bottle. "It was ONLY one bottle." I said throwing it away. Taemin's freinds were staying over. I woke up the next morning, put on my work clothes, ties my bandana and took Kwangmin to the babysitter. I got to work and did the usual. But we earned even more money this time. I was closing up shop and I was right about to go pick up Kwangmin. I heard noises going on in the garage. I pulled up by bandana and carefully walked into the garage I walked in to see a group of guys with bats. One of the guys was the guy I raced last night. I tried to stop them from trashing the place, but instead it turned into a fight. 

Somebody hit the back of my head with a bat, and I was knocked out. Their was blood on the floor, and a mess, everywhere. I felt somebody carrying me. After a while, I felt somebody throw me. I landed in water. I opened my eyes and saw that I was ina tank. The glass was sealed with only a little space left for air. I swam up to get air. I was banging on the glass for somebody to hear me or see me. I swam back down and started making noises with my mouth. I started kicking the glass. I saw a person walking. I made as much noise as I could. It was a man. He was very familiar. He looked like the guy I saw at the auto-shop. He looked at me and was running towards me. I was about to be out of breath. I started kicking the glass even harder. The glass was cracking, and I kicked it one last time. The glass broke and the glass and water rushed through pushing me out. A peice of glass cut my arm. I was holding my arm from the pain. I was on the ground coughing and trying to catch my breath.  My heart was hurting and my body gave out. I was knocked out on the ground. 

I felt warm arms pick me up. I felt like these arms were safe. I landed on something soft, and comfortable. "Hyung, who is that?" I heard one say. "I think she is the girl from the auto-shop I go to. She is wearing the exact same clothes. "Why did you bring her to the apartment?" A deep voice said. 

"Hyung, I think that's the girl I saw in the alley, the girl I told you guys about." Another one said. "No she isn't. She is the girl I saw at the races last night. She is a REALLY good driver. She even beat a champion."I heard the same deep voice again. "She's bleeding." I heard another one say. How many guys are in here. I felt one of them get closer to me. I wanted to move away but something told me not to. "Well, where did you find her?" A voice said. Somebody explained what happened. I felt somebody cleaning my wound. I moved my arm a little from the pain. "Well, at least she is awake. Daehyun, Once I am done treating her, Take her next door. Her friends live there." I heard a deep voice say. Once he finished, I took off my bandana because I couldn't breath. I let my hair down because it was itchy. "Yup, she's awake." I heard another one say. I felt the same warm arms pick me up. They were muscular, but not too big. I heard a knock on the door. I heard Minwoo. "Minhee!" He said surprised. I heard somebody mumble, "So that's name." I felt him lie me down on the couch. and his warmness went away. "What happenned to her?" I heard Sooyoung say. She sounded worried. I heard him explain. I heard somebody call him Daehyun. Is that his name. After he explained, I sat up and opened my eyes. My arm was still hurting. I looked at my arm and there was a bandage on it, but it was a little bloody. I held it tight with my hand. Amber gave me some water. "Where did you find her?" Amber asked. I looked at 'Daehyun' and I lookd at him with a face trying to say not to tell them. He looked at me and didn't answer. "Well, If you guys ever need anything, Me and my friends are right next door." He said leaving. I looked at him with a soft smile. Once he left, I said, "I have to go, or Taemin will be worried." I said smiling. I was holding my wound with my hand. I walked out to see Daehyun walking into his apartment. He saw me and I walked past him. My head was still hurting. I was walking towards the shop and I saw Taemin and and his friends. I was getting dizzy. I walked closer to them and I saw Taemin in tears. He saw me and said, "Noona!" Everything was blurry, and I was dizzy. I fell on the ground and out. "Noona!" I heard Taemin yell. He tried shaking me. "Noona, Noona please wake up!" He said. I could feel his tears. I felt Minho carry me upstairs. He lied me down on my bed. I woke up the next morning to see Taemin's freinds sleeping on the floor next to me. I saw Taemin sitting in a chair wide awake with tears in his eyes. I sat up on wiped away his tears. "It's Ok, I am alive." I said smiling. "I still have to go to work." I said. I looked at the clock and I was late for work. I quickly got dressed and ran downstairs to work. I felt like I didn't need to hide my face today. I left my hair down, and I used my bandana and tied it over my badage so it wouldn't show. After my long shift, I had grease marks on my arms. I thought about how I have never seen Amber's, Minwoo's, and Sooyoung's parents before. 

After work, I went straight to Amber's apartment. I knocked on the door and Minwoo answered it. "Hey." I said smiling. I sat down on the couch and Amber said, "Well you look different." 

"What do you mean?" I asked. "Well, you aren't hiding your face, and your hair is down." My hair was close to being the color black. I had sweep bangs on the left side. "Yeah, why aren't you usually hiding?" Sooyoung asked. "Well, the real question is..Where are your parents?" I asked them. It became silent. Nobody answered.  "Come, on, you can tell me anything." I said to them. "Uhm, we don't have any. The orphanage said we were too old. They gve us money to live together." Minwoo said. "Ok, I will work something out. I don't want you guys living by yourselves. For now on, I am your 'unbilogical' sister." I said smiling to them. "Does that mean you and Taemin are moving in with us?" Amber said excitedly. "Yup." I said.

"Yes! I finally have a big brother!" Minwoo said. "Wait, you guys do go to school, Right?" I asked them

"Yeah, but we are on summer break." Amber said smiling. "Ok, well I am going to stop by the shop and pack up my things. You do have two extra rooms in this huge place right?" I asked. 

"No, three." Minwoo said smiling. Damn! This place is huge. I walked out the building to see 'Daehyun' and his friend. I tried to walk past them, But he stopped me and said, "Is your arm Ok?" He asked I nodded yes. "By the way, My name is Daehyun." He said smiling. "I'm Minhee." I said without thinking. Everytime I am around Him and his friends, I feel safe. "Hey you!" I heard a guy say. Daehyun and I looked over to see where that was coming from. It was the same guy from the race. He was with a couple of guys. They were running up towards me. I looked at Daehyun and said backing up, "I gotta run, see you later!" I said running. I ran as fast as I could. The shop wasn't that far. I ran inside and told Taemin that we were moving out. "Why are you out of breath?" Jonghyun asked. "You do NOT want to know." I said. We started packing and Key and Onew brought us some boxes to move our stuff. I decided to use the car I built. I put the finishing touches on it and it was done. I tested it and it was successful. I pulled up to the shop and Taemin loaded it with a couple boxes, and a suitcase. I drove over to the apartment and Minho came Onew came with me to help me with the boxes. Once we were done with all of them, I was talking to Daehyun in the hallway. "Hey! I found her!" We looked at the group of guys and I said, "Taemin! The keys!" He threw me the keys and I said to Daehyun, "It was nice talking to you." I ran downstairs, but Daehyun was following me. Why is he following me? I ran outside and jumped in the car. I drove away as fast as I could. The group of guys were following me in their car. I was racing to get away from the. I looked back to see Minho and Onew. Why are they in the car?!? I tried to get to safety, but they kept following us. I finally got away from them, by driving in an alley. "You guys okay?" I said. 

"You scare me sometimes." Minho said trying to catch his breath. Onew was sleeping. How could he sleep through all of this?!? I slowly drove out of the alley. I drove to the apartment to see Daehyun with his friend. "Hi Minhee!" Daehyun's friend said waving at me. I  was trying to tell him to shutup so they wouldn't find us. I told them to follow us. They followed me and we hid behind some bushes. I heard somebody coming closer. One of the guys came closer to us. He approched me and I stood up. We tried to strike a punch but I dodged it and punched him back. He kicked me in the face and busted my lip. I kicked him in the head, and he pointed his gun at me. Before he could fire at me, I kicked it out of his hand, and pointed the gun at him. He was on the ground. I looked back at Daehyun and the others and said, "Don't you EVER talk about this." I said. I took apart the gun and threw the parts in different places in the woods. "Ok, you REALLY scare me." Minho said. "Let's go." I said walking out of the bushes. "What about that man?" Daehyun's friend said. "Just leave him." I said walking into the building. I was walking upstairs and Daehyun said to me, "Oh this is Jongup, one of my good freinds." He said smiling. "Hey." I said smiling back. "Hey, your lip is busted." Onew said. "Oh man, How am I gonna explain to Taemin?" I said worrying. 

"Hold on." Daehyun said taking my hand and taking me to his apartment. He opened the door, and I saw the rest of his freinds. He sat me down and they looked at my lip. "What happened?" A guy with a deep voice. "By the way, this is Yongguk, Himchan, Zelo, and Youngjae." He said smiling. "Hi." I said smiling

"Hey, What happened to her lip?" Himchan asked. "You do NOT want to know." Daehyun said bringing out the first-aid kit. He kneeled down infront of me and moved my bangs out of my face. He treated my lip and while he was doing it, I tried took look away so he wouldn't see me blushing. When he was done, I walked outside to my apartment but before I opened the door he said to me, "No need to blush." I rolled my eyes and said, "Oh shutup." I said opening the door. I looked back at him and he smiled. "I was only treating your lip." He said smiling. I rolled my eyes and said, "Whatever. See you later." I said smiling. Before I could close the door, Taemin said, "Noona, I heard what happened!" "Are you in kidding me!" I said under my breath. I guess Daehyun heard me and started laughing. "One second." I said to Daehyun closing the door. "Why did you tell him! I told you guys to shutup! I wanna hurt you so bad right now." "Noona! Why are you doing this!" Taemin asked. "Don't talk about it!" I said to them. "Don't you EVER tell these kids or it is over for the three of you." I said to them. I opened the door to see Daehyun smiling. "You're kinda funny when you're mad. But anyway, see you later." He said smiling. I smiled back and closed the door. I went upstairs to my room to see my boxes and my suitcase. This is a REALLY big room. I unpacked and got tired. There was already a bed in the room so I changed into my pajamas and went to bed. This Daehyun guy is really nice. I don't think somebody has ever made me blush before. He has a nice smile, he is attractive, and he is warm. I have never felt so safe around somebody before.