Just Moved In

Ready, Set, Go!

(YOU) MINHEE'S POV

I just moved from Busan. I moved to Seoul with my Younger brother, Taemin. "Hey, is this Uncle's shop?" Taemin asked me. We are now staying with our Uncle, since I need a job at the shop, and I know a lot about cars. I can race them, fix them, and build them. Before my Uncle moved, he taught me everything I know. But he doesn't know what I do with my skills. The area I lived in was dangerous anyway. So we had to move. Taemin already has friends there. So do I. I am excited to see them. But they are younger than me, Like probably early teenagers, like, 14. I am 22 years old, and Teamin is 19. I sometimes visit my friends and watch over them. They look at me like a bigger sister. Their names are, Minwoo, Amber, and Sooyung. We arrived at the shop with our luggage. I told Taemin that he can go visit his friends. He left and I walked into the shop. "Uncle!" I called for him. "Hello?!?" I said again. "In here!" I heard him say. He was inside the house. He lives upstairs. I took my bags and headed upstairs. I opened the door and I saw Unlce in the kitchen. "Hi." I said to him. "Minhee, you are so big! Last time I saw you, you were 14....right?" He asked hugging me. "Yeah." 

"You still know all I have taught you, right?" He asked me. "Yeah, I used to have a job in Busan, but it wasn't paying enough." I said. "Well, here, you don't need money, I have you covered Ok? Anyway, put this on, It's your new uniform." He said to me. It was a black fitted tanktop, Timberlands, and a gray jumpsuit with a zipper downthe middle. I had my name on it. "Hurry up and get dressed, There are cars that need to be fixed. Each car has a ticket. It will tell you what needs to be done." He said. He took my bags and I got dressed. The jumpsuit was hot so I ped the top part and tied the sleeves around my waist, showing my whole tanktop. It looked like I had a tanktop, with a loose pair a jeans, and a hoodie tied around my waist. I was mute to people and I was taught by my parents that  I was born naturally ugly so I tied a bandana to my face, only showing my eyes. I was also taught not to talk to people because I sounded like a devil. When I was younger, they taught me how to hide my face, even in my sleep. My mother always told me to put my hair up, or people will think I am a child with no heart. I put my hair up to make it look short. I walked downstairs and started working. I found a board and used it to slide in and out from under the car. I had grease marks on my arms and my face. Uncle was also working on another car on the other side of the shop. 

While I was under the car, I asked, "Hey Uncle! Can you pass me the screwdriver?!?" I asked him thinking we were the only two people here. He didn't answer and I had to get it myself. "Minhee! We have a customer!" I heard him say. I wiped my hands with a rag and went to the desk. It was just Taemin and his freinds."Hey guys." I said to them, they were following me to the car I was working on. "How you been?" I asked sliding under the car. They sat down next to the car and we just talked the whole time. We had alot of catching up to do. "Onew Oppa, can you pass me the monkey wrench?" I asked him reaching out my hand. He gave me the wrench and I fixed the last thing under the car. I looked at the ticket and it said something about under the hood. That was the reason is that the car wasn't working. I wiped my hands with the rag and popped the hood. I cloud of smoke came out. We all fanned it out and we all coughed. I opened the garage door behind me, and fanned it out. I needed air anyway. I stood over the hood and I have to take out a lot of car parts to fix the problem. There was a rag jammed in the hood. After I took the rag out, It took I had to place the car parts in. They were a bit old, so I used new ones. I examined the car and installed new brake pads. After the car was done, I walked to a new car and started working on it. Customers were coming to pick up their cars. There was one car left. I stayed up a little late and worked on it. My arms and face had grease marks. After I was done with it, I went into a smaller garage to see an old car. I thought that if I could add things to it, to make it look modern, and so I could start it up. I washed and took apart the car. I started from the hood and I used the board and slid under the car. I took out all of the small parts first, and put them on the floor away from the car. Then I took out all of the big parts. While I was under the car, I saw a pair of feet. I thought it was Taemin so I kept working. "Hello?" I heard a man ask. I slid out of the car and a man was standing there. I wiped my hands with a rag and wrote down on a sheet of paper, "What do you need fixed?" He read the paper and said, " My car needs new break pads." He said pointing to his car. I nodded my head and he asked, "I haven't seen you before. You new?" He asked. I wrote down saying, "Yeah, I'm the owner's neice. Moved here with my brother, From Busan." I sadi giving it to him. "You are from Busan? Anyway, Can I pick the car up tomorrow?" He asked me. I nodded. "Thank  you." He said smiling. H ewalked away and I started working on his car. I saw that he was with a group of guys. I walked to his car and used my board to slide under it. I grab my tools and some new break pads. I slid under the car and started removing the old break pads. I kept my bandana on my face while he was here. I took it off when he left. After I removed the pads I installed the new ones. I noticed the car needed some new oil. I changed the oil and set the car to the side in the garage. I continued taking apart the rest of the car. I took out the wheels and toom out the seats, radio, steering wheel, and everthing else. All was left was the body of the car. Instead of taking it apart, I reshaped it. It looked modern than before. It looked like a really old rusty car. But now I can use the car in races. 

After I reshaped the car's body, I painted it. I airbrushed it and added a pin-stripe. I sorted out the car parts and fixed them up so make it work better. It took a while but I decided to call it a night and go to bed. I wanted to visit my friends tomorrow after work. I went upstairs and took a shower. I changed my clothes and went to bed. I woke up the next morning and washed up, and got dressed. I tied my timberlands and went downstairs. I got straight to work. I heard Taemin and his friends walk in. While I was under a car, I asked, "Hey, can you pass me the screwdriver?" Iasked them. I slid out and Key gave it to me. I slid back under the car and he asked, "What are you working on now?" "Well, This car needs a new bottom engine. So I have to take this one out and replace it." I said taking out the engine. I slid out of the car holidng it in my hand. I gave It to Taemin and he put it on a rag, "So, when are you gonna race again? You have a car?" Taemin asked me. "Well, I don't know. I am making a new on in the garage if you want to check it out. I will be there in a minute, I said installing the new engine. Once I was done, I headed over to the garage and Taemin and his friends were chicking it out. I pulled down my bandana and said, "I found it sitting here, so I thought I could fix it up. It used to look like a really old rusty car." I said them. "Uhm, Is that a customer?" Minho asked me. I pulled up my bandana and turned around. I walked over to him and I pointed to his car. He took it and paid for it. My shift was over, and I didn't feel like changing my clothes. I still had grease marks on my arms and face. I fixed my bandana, and said, "Hey guys, I have to go. Close the garage door when you leave Ok Taemin? Uncle doesn't know what I do. If he figures it out, He will kill me. Ok?" I said leaving. I fixed my bandana and headed over to my Amber's place. Minwoo, Sooyoung, and Amber hang out there all the time. Before I knocked on their apartment door, I had a call from Taemin telling me my baby cousin needs a babysitter. I was wondering if they could babysit him. I pulled down my bandana and knoked on the door. "Who is it?" I heard a faint voice say ,"You will know when you answer the door." I heard another one say. I heard them unlock the door and they opened it, "Surprise!" I said to them smiling. I walked in and they were so excited. I walked in and sat down. "Why are you so messy?" Amber asked me giving me a drink. They were looking at my grease marks and my clothes. "I just came frm work. Since I'm living with my Uncle, I might as well help him out at his auto-shop." I said to them drinking. "Wait, you are living here?!?" Minwoo said. "Woah, Why is your voice all deep?" I asked playing around. "I don't know, puberty." He said. "What's with the bandana? You look like a 'gangster'." Sooyoung said smiling. I already told them about how I hide myself. "You know, the usual." I said. "Anyway, I have to go. I will see you later guys, I'm going to the gym. I heard it has a boxing ring in there. I could refresh my skills." I said to them. They nodded their head. We said our goodbyes and I remebered, "Oh yeah, hey guys, I need to find a babysitter for my baby cousin, Kwangmin. Think you guys are up for it?" I asked them. "Yeah." "Ok, I'm gonna drop him off before work, and I will pick him up at 5:00pm. Ok? I will give you guys a list on what you need to do. I will give you everything you need." I said to them walking out the door. "We will work for free!" Sooyoung and Amber said. "Ok, guys, see you tomorrow." I said pulling up my bandana. I walked downstairs and went to the shop. 

I walked upstairs to my room and washed up. I dressed in gym clothes and wrapped my fists. I wore some sneakers and went to the gym. Earlier, I scheduled a trainer. He was waiting for me at the gym. I walked into the ring and he asked, "You Minhee?" I nodded yes. We trained for about and hour and a half. I left the gym and I was on my way home. I was walking down a dark alley, but I had a feeling that I shouldn't be walking this way. I saw a guy crossing the street going this way. But I didn't mind him. I looked forward and there were a group of guys approaching me. They surrounded me. "Hey there pretty lady, going somewhere?" One of them said, I tried to quickly get away from them. One of them grabbed my arm, and pulled me closer. I got out of his grip. "I like a girl who fights." One of them said getting closer to me. One of them slapped me. "How is that for having a little fight." I punched him in the face, and the fight began. I took a couple kiccks to the head but I kicked them right back. I knuckles were busted from all of them punching. I punched a guys head to the wall and he was knocked out. I looked around and thought, *Last one.* I took a deep breath and kept walking. I looked behind me and the same guy crossing the street was just staring at me. I ran home and went to bed. I was so scared. I thought Seoul was different. I just have to wait for a new day.