Lineage 9

The Lineage of Light and Dark

Chapter 9

                It's been three long weeks since Luhan's 19th birthday and the last time he saw Sehun. His life has become peaceful and very similar to how it was before he met Kai and Sehun. Luhan is on his way home from classes when he runs into a familiar face that he wasn’t expecting to see ever again.

"Hey, look, I'm sorry about how I acted" Luhan looks up in surprise at Kai's apology, but he smiles and shakes his head at the other softly.

"Its fine, I kinda get why you acted like that" Luhan reassures him with a small pat on the shoulder and a bright smile. Kai smiles shyly at him and Luhan can see that he wants to ask something but he's hesitating. "What is it?" he decides to help the other out instead of waiting for him.

"Has Sehun come back?" Kai regrets asking the minute it is out of his mouth because he sees the pain flash in Luhan's soft eyes before the smaller closes them. He watches as Luhan takes in a breath, trying hard to calm himself down before he answers Kai.

"No, not even a text or anything, I'm not really surprised" Luhan says quietly looking away from Kai's questioning eyes.

"What do you mean? He really cared about you" Kai stares in wonder and waits for Luhan to explain himself more.

"Well it's not like he was going to stick around once I choose against him" Luhan shrugs as if it means nothing and doesn’t break his hear to admit. Luhan is surprised when Kai grabs him by the shoulders harshly and shakes him.

"How could you say that, he's probably trying to figure out how he can come back to you and if you don’t trust him than maybe he really won't come back" Kai tries not to growl angrily at the short male in front of him but he finds it difficult not to. Luhan stares at him in surprise before he slowly nods, and he smiles sadly up at Kai.

"Thanks, I hope he comes back" Luhan whispers quietly and Kai sighs softly before he excuses himself and Luhan watches as he walks away from him, and Luhan can't help but wonder if he will ever see him again. Luhan heads back to his apartment, he smiles when he remembers how easy it was to move Baekhyun and Yixing into the apartment two days ago. While Xiumin helped them they realized just how little of Kai and Sehun was in the apartment when there is barely anything to move. He sighs as he picks up his pace; not wanting to miss the meal Yixing is making for their supper tonight.

                ---------

"So, does it meet your expectations?" Yixing bugs Luhan as they sit around their kitchen table eating their dinner. Luhan stops chewing and ponders what the best answer would be.

"Actually, it's terrible" Luhan laughs when Yixing's face falls from his comment. "No, Xing, I'm joking it's really good" Luhan smiles brightly at his friend in apology for me mean to him. Yixing pouts sadly at him and refuses to look at him for the next couple minutes.

"You two are like children" Baekhyun mutters from the other side of the table and Xiumin nods in agreement as they watch Luhan try to make Yixing smile at him with stupid faces.

"Hey, did you make a dessert?" Xiumin asks and Yixing's face brightens when he remembers that he did and he walks to the fridge pulling out a nice pie for dessert.

Once they're finished eating their supper, Yixing cuts up the pie and passes a piece to everyone. The next things happen so fast Yixing isn’t sure who started it but all he knows is that there are left over food and pie being thrown around the kitchen. Yixing tries to dodge a piece of pie that comes flying at him but he wasn’t quick enough and it hits him straight in the face.

"Guys" everyone freezes at the volume of Yixing's voice and they stare back at him in surprise. They watch as his glare turns into a giant mischievous smile as he whips pie at all three of them, catching them off guard. Laughter rings loudly in the small room and their food fight continues on for about half an hour before they become tired out. Xiumin is the one that begins to clean up the mess first while the others rearrange the living room so they can begin their homework. They spend the next hour or so finishing up their work and annoying each other while they're at it, before they all head to sleep. Luhan goes to the linen closet in the hallway to grab extra blankets and pillows for Xiumin's makeshift bed on their living room couch.

The next morning the four male's head out to school after they finished their breakfast. Once they get to school they talk for a bit before they wave good bye heading off to their separate classes. They day goes by uneventfully and Luhan texts his friends to tell them that he has a late practise tonight and won't be home till later so they can leave before him.

The sky has darkened by the time Luhan makes his way out of the school building, he sighs at the long and lonely walk ahead of him. Luhan is half way home when he feels something strange, something he hasn’t felt in about two years. He stops suddenly and his heart beats erratically in his chest as he remembers what this feeling means. He looks around himself frantically as he tries to find where the familiar eyes watching him are coming from. The darkness hinders his eyesight but he continues to search for Sehun everywhere, his excitement starts to dissipate when he is still unable to find the demon boy. Luhan begins to walk in the direction he thinks he can feel him but he breaks out in quiet cries when he is met again with empty darkness. He leans against a wall for support as his cries become sobs and he slides down the wall and curls into himself on the ground as he continues to cry.

Luhan wakes up at home and in his bed, his mind racing as he tries to remember how he got home in the first place; the last thing he remembers is crying his eyes out in the street. Luhan tries to get up from his bed only to realize that someone is on the bed with him. Luhan hesitantly looks over to see Sehun lying on his side, head propped up on his hand and watching him sleep. Luhan stares at the other and he fights through his emotions that are erupting to the surface when he finally meets Sehun's eyes. Luhan launches himself into Sehun's arms, forcing the taller to roll over onto his back to make their position more comfortable. Luhan nuzzles softly into the others chest as he runs a hand through Luhan's soft hair.

"Sorry, I had things to deal with before I could come back to you" Sehun whispers softly as he places a gentle kiss to the crown of Luhan's head of hair. Luhan hums, letting Sehun know he can continue talking because he is listening. "Your father was very strict, he wanted me to prove my feelings for you before he would let me return" Luhan looks up at him in surprise, he wasn’t expecting to hear that his father is still acting like his father when they don’t really know each other.

"Really? What did you tell him?" Luhan asks wondering what convinced his father enough to let him come back. Sehun sighs and wraps his arms tighter around Luhan's slim waist before he admits to Luhan what he said.

"I told him I was in love with you, that I would never allow you to be hurt" Sehun whispers into air separating his face from Luhan's and the smaller smiles at the pink flush slowly slipping across Sehun's pale cheeks.

"You're in love with me?" Luhan asks, innocent face staring up at Sehun and Sehun groans, he knows Luhan is pretending not to know purposely. He leans forward taking Luhan's top lip between his as he and nibbles on it softly, before he pulls away.

"Yes, I love you" Sehun leans in again and captures Luhan's lips, this time the other has time to kiss back before he pulls away to reply to Sehun.

"I love you too" Luhan feels his face heating up as he presses a chaste kiss to the corner of Sehun's mouth before he settles his head back onto the taller's chest.     

"There's something you need to know" Sehun begins watching the way Luhan's head nods against his chest in confirmation and waits for Sehun to continue. "Your father was threatened to become the lord but one of the reasons why he did choose to be the lord was because he wanted to be able to protect you if you did ever decide to stay neutral" Sehun finishes and he can feel the way Luhan tenses against him, all Sehun can see is the back of Luhan's head.

"Is that also part of why you were able to come back?" Luhan asks as his hands grip Sehun's shirt trying to hide their trembling. Sehun runs a comforting hand along Luhan's spine as he tries to calm him before he answers.

"Yes, having me here can help if something happens, and he wanted you to be happy" Sehun waits for any kind of reaction from Luhan to come but he is surprised when the other stays quiet.

"Sehun, someday I will ask you to bring me back to him, could you do that for me, when I'm ready?" Luhan asks softly and Sehun doesn’t have to ask who he is referring to because he can tell by the hesitancy that he means his father.

"Of course" is all Sehun whispers before he adjusts the way they are laying across the bed, Luhan's head is now tucked under the demon's chin as their breathing begins to even out and they fall into a soft sleep.

                                       *Sorry if this is a short update but this fic is coming ot its end, there is one more chapter before the epilogue. Does anyone want substory chapters with the other pairings or do you want knew fics all together? Enjoy!