Lineage 4

The Lineage of Light and Dark

Chapter 4

                It's been a few days since he talked things out with his best friends but Luhan still finds it difficult to accept everything. Luhan is sitting on the couch, pouting, all of his friends have made excuses that leave Luhan alone at home. He lazily flicks through the channels on the TV, trying to find something that will relieve his boredom.  Luhan hears the front door open, so he looks over the back of the couch to see Kai walking into the house. Luhan watches him kick his shoes off and lets out a small yelp when Kai tosses hi jacket a Luhan's head.

"What? Do you want something?" Kai questions as he walks away from Luhan, to his room, where he stops and stares at Luhan before he shuts his door. Luhan stares at the shut door in stunned silence, wondering why Kai was acting so strange.

"Who peed in his cornflakes this morning" Luhan grumbles out as he pushes Kai's jacket off the back of the couch and onto the floor, where he leaves it. Luhan turns back to the TV and stares at the random show playing as he sulks on the couch. He sits with his chin resting on his knees that are tucked against his chest. As he stares at the TV, he feels his eyes slowly closing on him, and soon enough Luhan is asleep where he sits.

He has no idea how long he was asleep for but it feels like only minutes when a hesitant hand on his shoulder gently shakes him awake.

"Luhan, hey, you can't sleep like that, you'll be in pain" Luhan blinks his eyes open and he stares up to see Sehun's face watching him from behind the couch. Luhan stares at him and Sehun laughs when he notices that Luhan is too asleep to understand anything that is happening. Sehun walks around the couch to grab Luhan by the wrists as he pulls him off the couch and Luhan groans in pain.

"Why are you disrupting my sleep?" Luhan whimpers as he stretches, almost falling over until Sehun grabs him around the waist to steady him.

 "I told you, you'd be in pain, that was the worst way of sleeping I have ever seen" Sehun shakes his head at Luhan before stepping away from him, Sehun is about to walk towards his room when he hears Luhan's stomach growl.

"S-sorry" Luhan whispers quietly, face heating up, he looks up quickly when he hears and amused sigh escape the other's lips.

"C'mon, grab your shoes and let's go get you something to eat" Sehun states as he turns towards the front door instead, where he waits for Luhan. Luhan quickly rushes to put his shoes on, and he leaves the apartment with Sehun, completely forgetting about Kai.

                ---------

Luhan hadn't realized how late it was until he and Sehun got outside of their apartment building, and noticed how the sun had already begun to set. They wandered around the town for a short time before Sehun let Luhan lead them to one of his favourite food stands. As Luhan pulled his wallet out of his pocket to pay for his food Sehun slipped his own money into the vendors palm for both his and Luhan's meal.

"Thanks, Sehun" Luhan smiles brightly up at Sehun as they accept their food and step away from the stand.

"Its fine" Sehun replies indifferently as he leads Luhan towards a small table, where they can sit to eat their food. They sit across from each other and produce small talk as they eat and laugh softly at each other. Luhan is surprised by how easy it is to talk with Sehun, and he notices how Sehun is never rude to him, while Kai can be rude sometimes.

"Did you grow up knowing that you were a demon, or were you told as you got older?" Luhan asks, he has been wondering a lot of things lately. Sehun looks at him for a short period before he looks away from Luhan.

"I grew up the way any human would, the difference is that being a demon in the demon world is a normal thing while here it's not" Sehun clarifies for Luhan, he grew up normally, knowing what powers he had and what he would have to do as he got older. "I was 13 when I first came here, and that was when I realized that being a demon wasn't normal everywhere, when I found out that there really were other beings" he adds, explaining a bit more, trying to make it easier for Luhan to understand him.

"Do you think that being born a demon makes you a bad person?" Luhan hesitates as he waits for the answer, wondering if Sehun's answer would change his mind. Luhan can see how uncomfortable the question makes the other male and he almost regrets asking but he needs to know.

"Your birth doesn’t define who you are, it gives you a base but it doesn't force you to stay that way" Sehun gives a small answer. "We should head back soon, you look cold" Sehun quickly changes the subject; he takes his jacket off as he stands from his seat. Luhan gets up shortly after him and is delighted when Sehun slips his soft lined coat onto his arms and when he turns to face the taller male, Sehun zips it half way.

They make their way back to their apartment; Luhan walks close to Sehun, the dark making him feel unsafe as they walk down quiet streets. When they get into the apartment, the soft smiles on their faces are quickly wiped off when Kai starts up an argument with Sehun.

"I swear one of these days, your stupid demon brain will get Luhan killed and then everyone will be screwed over" Kai hisses out at Sehun as he glares at the male from the hallway in front of the front door.

"What is your problem, I can keep him safe just as well as you can" Sehun retaliates quickly as he shuffles his shoes off his feet.

"You demons are unable to care for others, I'm surprised that it was even possible for a child to be conceived, though it was probably all just a front to create a half breed to increase your powers" Kai bites out, knowing he is going too far by calling Luhan a tool, right in front of the boy.

"You can't be serious, we have feelings too, it's you angels that use whatever you can to your advantage because no one believes that you can do any wrong, when it is actually you who is pretending to have feelings hoping that it will be enough to convince Luhan" Sehun barks back as he places himself between Kai, his hurtful words and Luhan.

"You got me, I'm trying to force you out of the picture by showing how terrible demons really are" Kai bites out sarcastically, but Luhan has a feeling that those words were the truth. Sehun is about to retaliate when Luhan screams, gaining the other male's attention.

"Both of you shut up, I'm tired and I do not feel like listening to all these things, so everyone go to sleep before I start breaking dishes with your heads" Luhan hisses furiously as he rips Sehun's jacket off of himself and  storms off to his own room. "I mean it" Luhan yells one last time before he closes his bed room door and no noise is heard from him.  Luhan had always had a feeling that Kai was just playing him but hearing the truth still hurt him. Luhan hears a few mumbled words passed between the two males in the hallway before the slamming of two doors. 

Days go by and Luhan can feel the tension in the apartment, and he has given up trying to fight his feelings for Sehun. Luhan starts to wonder if maybe the other two have noticed his feelings and that's why it's so difficult to breathe. While Luhan is busy taking a shower Kai begins to ask Sehun a question.

"Why are you hiding your feelings from him, you know he likes you too" Kai asks, confused at Sehun's thinking. The angel doesn't understand why the demon is being an idiot and hiding his feelings.

"I want him to choose without being biased" Sehun stated ignoring the look of surprise that flashes across Kai's face.

"You're kidding right, you know ignoring that you like him might actually force him to be biased anyways" Kai stares at Sehun and Sehun just shrugs his shoulders answering softly.

"You need all the help you can get" Sehun states smugly as he sits down on the couch. He searches for something to watch on the TV as he ignores Kai's presence behind him. Kai is about to snap back at him when they hear Luhan emerging from the bath room, he looks at them confusedly at their awkward silence.

"Are you guys okay?" he asks and he walks towards the front door, pulling his shoes on. Luhan looks back at them waiting for an answer but both males stay quiet. "Okay...well I'm meeting up with my friends so see you whenever" Luhan states as he opens the door, he takes one last look at the two "You're not going to kill each other while I'm gone are you?"

"We might, I have no guarantees" Kai answers flatly as he looks over at Sehun who still refuses to acknowledge either one of them. Luhan nods before he walks out the door and closing it softly behind him.

                -------------

"He isn't that bad, besides your birthday is coming up, so maybe he has something planned" Baekhyun ponders as they all sit down together.

"Yeah, we have to plan your party, so I guess that means we have to get them involved too, we could do it at your apartment" Yixing adds, excited for the upcoming birthday party.

"Yeah, we can go talk to them later about it as we drop Luhan off" Xiumin agrees easily and Luhan watches in amazement at the way his friends can easily change topics.

"Really guys? That's all you can say?" Luhan pouts, his friends have grown tired of listening to him complain about his feelings and the two male's he is living with.

"Yes Lu, you never talk about anything else, stop fighting your feelings already, who cares if he is a demon or angel" Baekhyun groans as he slumps forward into the table in front of him and Yixing reaches over to pat his back soothingly. Luhan sulks for the rest of their time together and the whole way back to his apartment building with his friends.

"Hey, Sehun, Kai, Luhan's birthday is in a couple weeks, so we were wondering if we could throw him a small party here?" Xiumin asks once the four of them have entered the apartment, his question surprises the two but they quickly nod in agreement.

"Yeah, that sounds like it would be a lot of fun" Kai answers when he notices that Sehun won't, at the positive answer Luhan's friends break out planning the party. They stay for a few hours to plan it, and by the time they leave they have pretty much figured out everything for the party.

                --------------

It's the night of the party and Luhan is excited, the atmosphere in his apartment became happier the last few days. He was helping Kai and Sehun put up the last bits of decoration as his best friends began to greet the guests that were slowly showing up. Baekhyun showed up a little later than Luhan's other two friends because he went to get Chanyeol. Luhan had met the giant before but they didn’t spend much time with him but Luhan was happy when Chanyeol handed him a small present.

The night goes on and everyone has fun, the apartment is filled with laughter and stupid conversations. Luhan was surprised by how well Sehun and Kai acted towards his small group of friends that were invited to the party. It didn’t slip by Luhan how Sehun kept a small but noticeable distance from everyone, including Luhan. Luhan tried to ignore it and enjoy the night with all of his close friends, so he was overjoyed when Yixing their karaoke machine.

As the night continued on, Luhan was laughing at his idiotic friends as they completely ruin songs trying to sing them. Luhan manages to drag Kai and even Sehun out to sing a song each as well, and Xiumin is soon on the floor laughing at everyone. They attempt to sing to rock songs, and they're climbing on the couches and chairs trying to make dramatic endings to their songs. After a few hours of overly loud karaoke Luhan slumps on the floor with his two best friends as Baekhyun and Chanyeol slump against the wall, breathing heavy. They try to hold in their laughter until they can breathe properly but it doesn’t work well, as they continue to laugh hysterically.

When they have all calmed down enough they pull out the birthday cake and Luhan gets to cut the pieces for his friends. Some of the cake is eaten by everyone while the rest is smudged across everyone's faces. The laughter and cake fight lasts till almost 12am before everyone begins to go home. Yixing, Baekhyun and Xiumin promise to return the next day to help him clean up the mess that was made during the party. Kai gives Luhan a simple present before he heads to bed, having a head ache and being tired out from the loud noise. Luhan thanks him; he grabs another slice of cake before sitting down on the couch and munching on it slowly.

"Happy birthday" Luhan looks up surprised to see Sehun about to sit down holding a small stuffed deer in his hands that has a cute bow around its neck. Luhan smiles up at him happily and he is about to continue eating his cake when he notices Sehun moving beside him. "Here, this is your present" Sehun says as he hands the small deer to the birthday boy.

"Thank you, but you really didn’t have to Sehun" Luhan hugs the deer close to his chest as he smiles brightly up at the other male.

"I know" Sehun answers as he shrugs his shoulders, watching Luhan clutch the small toy tightly. Sehun flinches in surprise when he feels something soft spreading along his cheek. He looks over to Luhan to see his raised hand, a finger barely covered in the cake icing and Sehun immediately knows what Luhan did.

"That's what you get for avoiding everyone" Luhan smiles playfully at the other male, placing the deer beside him on the couch. Sehun stares at Luhan, and Luhan continues to smile as he finishes his cake.  Luhan stares up at Sehun in surprise when he feels the taller male's finger tips gripping his chin and raising it up. Luhan and Sehun stare at each other for some time before Sehun slowly leans in. Luhan registers the soft press of lips against his first and then his eyes are closing slowly as he presses his lips back against Sehun's.

"Happy birthday" Sehun whispers against Luhan's lips as he pulls away slowly and walks off to his bed room, leaving Luhan confused and slightly disappointed.  Luhan goes to bed that night with thoughts running through his head and imagines of Sehun's lips against his.

                -----------

Luhan grows angry and frustrated when Sehun's attitude toward him doesn’t change. Luhan had hoped that after their kiss Sehun would actually open up to him instead of continuing to hide behind the wall he has put up. It has been a few weeks since the party and Sehun continues to treat Luhan coldly and indifferently.

"I can't believe him, he kisses me on my birthday and that's it" Luhan almost yells at his friends, during their lunch break at school.

"He might be shy or maybe he thinks that you don’t want anything more" Xiumin tries to be helpful but the glare sent at him from Luhan tells him that his words are not appreciated.

"He isn’t shy, he was always pressing himself against me and making stupid comments towards me" Luhan continues to whine to his friends, and he sighs when Baekhyun walks over with Chanyeol.

"What's up now?" Baekhyun quickly asks, being able to tell by Luhan's body language that he is upset by something... again.

"Sehun kissed him, after everyone left the party, but that's all, no confession or asking him to date no nothing" Yixing explains easily to Baekhyun as the couple make themselves comfortable.

"Really? Have you tried talking to him about it?" Baekhyun wonders as he begins to eat his lunch, looking at Luhan questioningly.

"No, but he hasn’t even said anything either, why is it up to me when he was the one who kissed me?" Luhan whines loudly, catching the attention of some of the other students that attend his school.

"Maybe because you are the one have a fit about it right now?" Baekhyun suggests flippantly, as he gives Chanyeol his drink.

"So? He has to take responsibility for what he has done" Luhan sags forward into Yixing's lap as he pretends to cry.

"No one says that anymore, if you want something done about it, do it yourself" Xiumin states and he ignores the dirty look that Luhan sends from Yixing's lap, and he dodges the foot Luhan tries to kick him with.

"I hate you all" Luhan sulks as he rolls away from his friends, burying his face in his hands, he feels Yixing's hands gently patting his back.

"Yeah yeah we love you to, Mr. Grumps" Baekhyun laughs softly at his friend's sulking, turning slightly to talk with Chanyeol. Luhan can hear the conversations going on behind him, Xiumin and Yixing talking about these people they have met recently, while Baekhyun and Chanyeol are planning their date this weekend.  Luhan wishes that Sehun wasn't such a difficult and stubborn person to deal with all the time, if he wasn't things would probably be different between them now.

                        *So this is the newest update and I'm sorry if it is a crap chapter, I plan to make this story about 15 chapters long and I'm thinking of including some side stories for the other couples that will appear later in the story