Lineage 1

The Lineage of Light and Dark

Chapter 1

                "Hey Luhan, wait up" Luhan turned around to see his three best friends running after him so he decided to be nice and wait for them.

"What do you guys want?" Luhan questioned once the three had caught up to him.

"Well, Baekhyun and I want to walk home with you since we do live in the same place and well Xiumin had nothing better to do" one of the boys explained as he bumped his hip against Luhan's.

"It's the day we play soccer remember, Yixing?" Xiumin stated, knowing he had to always remind his forgetful friends. The four males laugh together as they head off towards the park to play their soccer game. When they get to the park, they throw their bags to the side before racing each other to the field, splitting into teams of two as Luhan tosses the soccer ball into the middle of the field. They play for a few hours and when they got tired they walked with Xiumin to his place before the other three left to go to their ho me.

Luhan is 17 and has been an orphan for 12 years; he lives with Yixing and Baekhyun, sharing a large room together in the orphanage. After they finished dinner it was Yixing and Baekhyun's turn to take care of the younger kids while Luhan went to their room. A couple weeks ago was Luhan's birthday and a stranger came to the orphanage, asking for Luhan. The man claimed to be a friend of Luhan's parents and he had a letter addressed to Luhan in Luhan's mothers' handwriting. He was afraid at first to open the letter but his curiosity got the better of him.

Luhan sat down on his bed pulling the letter out from under his pillow, where he hides it now after the first time he opened it. He pulls it open and stares at what his mother has written.

                'Luhan, I'm sorry, if you are reading this letter than it means that you are already 17 and mama and baba are no longer with you. If you remember the conversation we had before I disappeared when you were 5, this will make everything clear. This may be hard to believe but there are such things as angels and demons. They have always been fighting each other and it was forbidden for them to fall in love with each other. Luhan, you baba is a demon from the demon world and I was an angel, we gave up our rights to fight for our respective sides when I became pregnant. You are a mix bread and there has only been a handful recorded in history of our people. These half breeds are rumored to be very strong; therefore they will come for you. A representative from both sides will come and try to make you choose them so you will fight for them and defeat the others. Do not be fooled by their seemingly innocent looks or nature, bad isn’t always bad and good isn’t always good. Baby, please be safe and I want you to know that you were loved so much by your parents. When your baba and I had you, we never meant to leave you, we had hoped our people would leave us alone but we were wrong. They took us from you as our punishment, keep yourself safe and happy. Baby remember no matter what happens choose what's best for you not what you think is best for the others.'

Luhan wipes away his tears as he finished rereading his mother's letter. His father was a demon and had been taken back to the demon world as punishment and a few days later his mother was taken by the angels as punishment. He still found it hard to believe what his mother said was true, Luhan didn’t really know what to think about the letter and its contents.

"Hey Lu, we have permission to play some video games, are you joining?" Baekhyun sticks his head into the room, watching Luhan. Baekhyun is about to walk into the room when Luhan doesn’t answer him but he stops when Luhan gives him a small smile and nods.

"Yeah, I'll join, sorry I was reading my mama's letter..again" Luhan smiles at his own honesty and his smile falters at the concern and worry that flashes into the other's eyes.


"You should really stop reading that, it isn’t good for you" Baekhyun says softly, afraid of upsetting Luhan. Luhan nods in agreement, folding the paper up and placing it back under his pillow before he playfully pushes Baekhyun out the open door. The two continue to lightly shove each other down the hall until they nearly shove each other into Yixing who was walking to go see what was taking the others so long. Yixing loops an arm with each of them before dragging them the rest of the way down the hall and dropping them all onto the couch, once they had reached the living room.

The boys continue to play games till the sky darkens and they are forced to bed. As they get ready they reminisce about the first time they all had met. Yixing had been brought to the orphanage right after birth; he was told that he was just a couple weeks old when he was found on the door step. He grew up happy only knowing a family that changed often, children coming and going. When Yixing was going on 5 another Chinese born male was brought to the orphanage by a local police, Yixing and Luhan became quick friends.  It wasn’t till they were both nearly eleven years old when Baekhyun was brought to them because he was a problematic child and no foster families wanted him anymore, leaving him another orphaned child. He learnt that Yixing and Luhan were still in the orphanage because of their Chinese decent, being in Korea. The boys bonded easily and became babysitters for the younger children whenever their guardians had to work.  

The next day Luhan stays late after classes for the soccer teams practise. Luhan and Xiumin are both apart of the school's soccer team, so they change into their uniforms before they leave the locker room, heading to the field. Their practise goes well until Luhan gets an uncomfortable feeling as if he's being watched. When the team is given a five minute break Luhan quickly scans the rest if the area, looking to find anything unusual. Luhan's eyes pass two figures standing a good distance apart from each other when he looks back to where he saw them, his eyes lock with one of them before them both turn around and walk away as if they were never there. Luhan jumps at the feel of a small hand grabbing his shoulder and he turns around to find Xiumin watching him quizzically.

"Coach called the end of break" Xiumin says softly as he continues to watch Luhan's face and trying to gauge the other's feelings. Luhan looks back to where the two figures were, he shakes his head at the thought and turns around to follow Xiumin back to their positions. Practise soon comes to an end, Luhan and Xiumin bid farewell to each other as they head home in opposite directions.

The whole way back to the orphanage, Luhan looks over his shoulder, not being able to shake the feeling of being watched and followed. He doesn’t see the suspicious figures again but he has a gut feeling that they are the ones responsible for his paranoia. His mother's words echo in his head and Luhan wonders if may be she was telling the truth and those figures were the people from the two sides that have come.         

        * sorry if this is a bad chapter, I wanted to get as much of the information done so the rest of the chapters will be easier, and to those that want more Krislay, I will work on more as soon as I can