Lineage 2

The Lineage of Light and Dark

Chapter 2

                Luhan is unable to shake the feeling of being watched and followed for almost a week. He swears he is becoming paranoid when he believes he can hear footsteps behind but are always gone when he turns around. Luhan gets so uncomfortable walking around on his own that he finds a way to walk home with one of his friends. His plan is working and Luhan begins to relax, but soon it ends and he finds himself walking home alone after practise one night.

The orphanage is located in a quieter part of their town and Luhan dreads how little people he sees as he walks home. He looks over his shoulder, hearing the footsteps but not seeing anyone, and he starts to walk faster. Luhan decides to stop and wait, hoping to catch the person following him red handed and he is surprised when an attractive male walks out of the shadows. Luhan stares at the approaching figure, the male can't be much older than him, tall and lanky with short blonde hair. Luhan notes the sunglasses covering the stranger's eyes and Luhan can't make himself look away. Luhan snaps out of his daze when the stranger gets closer, Luhan begins to back away slowly. His eyes flick up to the pink mouth and he realizes the male is smirking at him, Luhan doesn't understand at first why but he does when he feels a brick wall against his back.

"W-who are you?" Luhan stutters out, pressing further into the wall behind his back. The male walks right up to him, stopping a few inches short of touching Luhan.

"Why, are you afraid?" the other asks, eyes looking Luhan up and down. Luhan swallows thickly at their close proximity.

"You've been following me" Luhan doesn’t ask because he the eyes looking at him are very familiar; the feeling of them watching him makes him nervous.

"And I thought you were stupid and didn’t notice me" Luhan can hear the sigh and irritation unmasked in the male's voice. What scares Luhan though is how soothing the smooth voice is to his ears and he looks away.

"What do you want?" Luhan whispers, barely audible but he knows the other male heard him when he takes another step closer. Luhan's eyes turn to stare at the hidden eyes, wishing he could see them.

"You" is the only answer Luhan receives from the male, his eyes widen and he stares stupidly up at the taller male. The other's smirk grows wider at Luhan's reaction and he leans in more.

"Get away" Luhan nearly shouts as he places his palms flat on the other's chest and pushes hard. He stares in surprise when he only manages to make the male's upper body move back slightly, the male's feet still firmly in place.

"That's not very nice of you" the taller smirks and leans in, lips practically touching Luhan's, and the shorter male is frozen in his place. Luhan tenses when he feels the stranger's breathe fanning out against his slightly parted lips.

"Sehun, don’t you think you've bugged him enough" Luhan panics at the new voice, but he momentarily rejoices when Sehun pulls away. Luhan lets a barely audible yelp of surprise when one of Sehun's hands is placed intimately against his hip.

"Why does your kind always have to ruin our fun?" Sehun nearly whines out as he glares at the new comer. Luhan looks from one male to the other and notes the differences. The blonde isn't as muscular but he is slightly taller and pale compared to the other. The new stranger has tanned skin, broad chest and slightly muscular with dark brown hair.

"Because you idiots are all incompetent" the other hisses at his softly and he takes a few steps toward Luhan and Sehun. Luhan isn’t sure if the growl he heard really came from the blonde's parted lips or if he was just imagining it.

"Screw you Kai or should I call you Jongin?" Sehun hisses back, standing between Luhan and the other male. Luhan wonders what is happening, who these people are and what they want.

"Neither, your kind does not deserve to even breathe the same air as me" Kai growls lowly as he takes another threatening step towards the two males by the wall.

"You angels really are conceited beasts" Sehun growls and Luhan notices that Sehun's hand on his hip has tightened its hold.  Luhan wants to run as fast as he can to get away from these people but something stops him from doing so and he doesn’t know why.

"Your eyes are tainted by the sins your people continue to commit, so don’t think you can judge me" Kai lashes out as he grabs Sehun by the front of his shirt, pulling him slightly from Luhan but not far enough for the other's hand to slip from Luhan's hip.

"What the hell is going on? Seriously, what do you people want?" the confusion had finally gotten to Luhan and he snapped raising his voice. Kai immediately dropped Sehun and stepped away from the two as he looks toward Luhan. When their eyes meet, Luhan notices the dark, yet kind stare the other looks at him with.

"Ah, I'm Jongin but everyone calls me Kai, I believe your mother mentioned me in her letter to you" Kai finally answers some of Luhan's questions and Luhan is surprised when Kai reaches a hand out to slap Sehun's hand off of his hip.

"How would you know anything about my mother's letter to me?" Luhan asks and he is surprised at the anger in his own tone. Sehun turns to face him and Luhan can feel that the other's eyes are watching him closely once again.

"I'm an angel and this idiot here is Sehun, the demon, your mother must have explained about this day in the letter" Kai continues to answer all of Luhan's questions as Sehun just watches the smallest boy and stays quiet. 

"How do you know about that letter?" Luhan stares incredulously at the two males and he is surprised to see that Sehun stays completely quiet now.

"It was a condition made by our leader, of a child is born outside of heaven or hell, the parent must leave a letter for them when they reach 17" Kai explains, shrugging his shoulder and he notices Luhan's eyes straying toward the silent boy.

"Do you know my parents then?" Luhan asks, looking at them expectantly.

"Yes and no, well I know who you father is but not on a personal level and I've met your mother before" Kai looks to Sehun and when the other doesn't say anything Kai stomps on his foot.

"I know you father on some level but I've only seen your mother once, so I don’t know much about either" Sehun retaliates and punches Kai in the shoulder after answering.

"How do I know you are who you say you are?" Luhan glares at them, suspicion written across his features. Luhan glares when he hears an annoyed sigh leave Sehun's lips and he is about to say something to the boy when Kai speaks up.

"Your mother disappeared when you were five, after explaining in simple words about her and your father committing something that they were not allowed to do. You father went missing before that and a couple days after your 17th birthday a man claiming to be a friend of your parent's showed up  with a letter for you. The letter was from your mother and she told you about people coming for you and how you would have to choose a side" Kai rambles on, not really in the mood to deal with certain details.

 "This is nuts" Luhan states, he pushes off the wall and begins to walk away from the two males.

"Where are you going?" Luhan hears Kai yelling after but doesn't turn around as he answers.

"Home, and away from the both of you" Luhan shouts over his shoulder and continues on home.

                ---------

Luhan is walking home with Yixing and Baekhyun, laughing at joking. Luhan's mood diminishes when the familiar feeling of being followed shows up. Luhan lets out a small yelp when he feels a hand wrapping softly around his waist.

"What the hell?" Luhan turns to see a smirk and taunting eyes staring back at him. He notices that his friends have stopped walking and are now watching him.

"You ran away the last time after we were so rudely interrupted" Sehun states, shrugging his shoulders lightly as he takes a step closer.

"Don't even think about coming closer" Luhan hisses out and stares, what he hopes is threateningly at the other male. Sehun takes a slow step forward, arm wrapping around his waist tighter.  Sehun  leans down slightly to whisper in Luhan's ear, "Why?". Luhan shivers involuntarily at the warm breath fanning out across his check and neck.

"Damn it, Sehun, do I have to follow you all the time to make sure you aren’t harassing him?" Everyone's eyes snap over to the side to see another male walking towards them. Luhan stares in surprise when he realizes that it is Kai who has just shown up.

"Why do you always pop in at the most annoying of times?" Sehun nearly whines and Luhan's eyes look back at him, surprise evident.

 "Because I was sent here to ruin your life" Kai states as he finally reaches the four males.

"Um, Lu, who are these guys?" Yixing questions, eyes flicking from Sehun to Luhan to Kai and back again. Luhan looks between his two friends and the two males that he wished he hadn't met and sighs, stepping away from Sehun and towards Baekhyun.

"Just some guys I met a little while back, that one is Sehun and that's Kai" Luhan lies, indicating with a point of his finger towards each boy. "And these are my best friends and brother's Yixing and Baekhyun" Luhan finishes the introductions waving his hand at each friend. Kai bows politely, while Sehun gives them both a small nod. Luhan makes a mental note to stay as far away from Sehun as he can get, avoid him at all costs, this kid is a troublemaker and he doesn’t need to deal with him.

  "It's nice to meet you both, and I apologize for his stupidity" Kai says politely, looking disgustedly over at Sehun and Sehun just glares back.

"Well, we should be heading home; it was nice meeting you both again" Luhan tries to sound sincere and it seems to be enough for his friends.

"Oh, that's fine, we actually have something to discuss with your orphanage director" Kai replies kindly as he motions for Luhan to lead the way. Luhan stares at him for a bit before he gives up and walks ahead with his friends.

                ----------

Luhan is sitting on the floor of the living room, balancing helping with the younger kids as well as getting all of his homework done with Yixing and Baekhyun. Sehun and Kai had walked back with them and had actually arranged a meeting with the director before hand, so he led them to the director's office. Luhan keeps looking up at the clock, noticing that they have been with the director for almost an hour, and he wonders what it could be about.  

Luhan is surprised when the director emerges with the tow males following behind him and they enter the living room.

"Luhan, I trust you will be ready to leave by the end of the week" the director says looking directly at Luhan.

"What are you talking about?" Luhan questions, staring up at the director's serious face with confusion in his eyes.

"These two males are your newly appointed guardians and they have requested that you move in with them by the end of the week" the director replies, hand gesturing towards Sehun and Kai. Luhan's heart drops when he sees the lovely smirk spreading across Sehun's pink lips. Kai gives the other a small smile, hoping that it will reassure Luhan.

"How can they be my guardians?" Luhan questions disbelieving what he is currently hearing, he notices the panicked looks on Yixing and Baekhyun's faces.

"Like I said, they have all the necessary documents, so you are going with them" the director's tones tells Luhan that this is final and that there is no way around it.