Lineage 7

The Lineage of Light and Dark

Chapter 7

                It is a little more than three months till Luhan turns 19 and he can feel the dread in the air. Sehun becomes more hesitant when he approaches Luhan while Kai shows more forcefulness than he had before. Luhan finds it difficult to face either one of them; he isn’t quite sure how much his help on their sides will do them. So Luhan decides that now he should start getting all the details that could help him make his decision.             

"You guys never did tell me why you need my help" Luhan comments one day as he sits down on the couch beside Sehun, leaning heavily against the back of the couch. The other two male's share a look with each other before Kai begins to speak first.

"Well, because you're a mix of both angel and demon, you have the strengths and weaknesses of both sides, your inherited knowledge would be a great help" Kai explains in as simple terms as possible for Luhan to understand.

"But what kind of enemies would you have to fight against?" as Luhan asks the question, Kai's words sink in fully and his eyes go wide. "You want me to help you fight against each other" it isn’t a question and he knows he hit the nail on the head, when both of them refuse to meet his eyes.

"Luhan, it's only natural for us to want to fight each other, it's how we were raised, a select few fight against it but not many" Sehun helps Kai with the explanation as he tries to reason things out for Luhan.

"That's just excuses, what happens to the people here if you two start a huge fight?" Luhan questions and he is slightly disgusted by the mindset of the angels and demons.

"They would be caught in the cross fires, it wouldn’t be intentional but it would happen" Kai whispers and he can tell by the stiffness in Luhan's body language that the smaller boy is very upset.

"I-I need time to think" Luhan manages to let out as he begins pulling on his shoes before he leaves Kai and Sehun alone in the apartment.

                ---------

"Lu, you calm down, it's a big decision we know, but freaking out all the time won't help" Xiumin tries to console the younger as he rubs his back slowly.

"But it's hard, if a fight broke out, whoever side I don’t choose could be destroyed and I could never see you guys again" Luhan tries to hold back his tears but they are threatening to fall quickly. His three friends gather around him and they pull him into a big group hug, squeezing him tightly.

"Then don’t choose, reject both sides" Baekhyun whispers, voice muffled by Luhan's shoulder where his face is still pressed against.

"I would, but that means I could never see Sehun again and they might retaliate and come after everyone here" Luhan chokes back a small cry of despair, just thinking about it. The arms around him tighten in reflex to the sound of his cracking voice.

"The angel's would never let that happen" Baekhyun speaks up again, attempting to calm the others worries. He is surprised when Luhan cries a little harder at his words and it confuses him.

"The angel's aren’t as good as they seem to be, they let my mother die as her punishment, while all the demon's did to my father was threaten him, he's still alive" Luhan feels his own tears soaking into his  clothes and he feels the surprise that passes through all of his friends.

"He's still alive?" Yixing whispers, disbelief clear in his voice, they all had assumed he would have been the one killed not Luhan's mother. Luhan nods his head slowly as he pulls away slightly from his friends to wipe his tears.

"Yeah, they made him become the demon lord while Kai said my mother was stripped of her wings and that to an angel is death" Luhan explains looking up into the three pairs of worried eyes that are staring back at him.

"Lu, why don’t we go out for supper, to help you take your mind off of things" Xiumin suggests, hoping that it will take all of their minds off of the trouble that is to come. When he gets nods in agreement from all of his friends he pulls Luhan up off the couch and they head out the door of Xiumin's home.

                --------

They found a nice family restaurant where they could sit outside to eat their food. They take their seats, ordering food and drinks when their waitress walks up to them. They sit in relative silence for a short time before Yixing tries to break it.

"So, I met someone" Yixing just blurts, not entirely sure what else to say, but he figures talking about something else will calm Luhan down.

"Really? What are they like?" Baekhyun's excited voice asks, completely involved in the topic. Yixing meets Baekhyun's happy gaze and can't help the bright smile that breaks out on his face, showing his dimple.

"Well, he's tall, surprisingly taller than Chanyeol and mysterious, his name is Wu Yifan" Yixing can feel his face heat up as he tells his friends about this guy he met a couple months back. Luhan looks up at him in surprise when he claims this guy is taller than Chanyeol, Luhan immediately thinks about Kris, the really tall demon male.

"Taller than Chanyeol, I find that hard, Chanyeol is really tall" Baekhyun protests and he pouts when his friend's all laugh at his jealousy.

"It's possible, I met a demon the other day when Sehun brought me to the demon world and I swear he was over 6 foot 4, taller than Chanyeol" Luhan remembers the intimidating height and features of the demon, Luhan wasn’t surprised when he found out Kris was a higher class demon than Sehun.

"He is really attractive too, we spent some time together but I haven’t seen him for the last little while" Yixing pouts at the thought of being avoided by this man he seems to be so drawn too. They're all surprised when Xiumin finally opens his mouth and speaks up too.

"I ran into this guy, he was intimidating, tall and dark, dark eye circles too" Xiumin refuses to meet any of their eyes as he explains the boy he ran into, he doesn’t mention how he met him more than once. "Don't worry Baek, he isn’t as tall as Chanyeol, but he is pretty tall" Xiumin gives the boy a small smile as he restores the other's pride in his tall boyfriend.

"Why do you guys get to meet all the guys, while I'm stuck dealing with Kai and Sehun and their annoy fighting" Luhan whines as he takes a long sip of his bubble tea, they're still waiting for their food.

"I think it's safer that you haven’t met anyone yet, I'd worry for their life once Sehun found out about them, he'd probably kill the poor guy" Baekhyun laughs thinking about the rage of jealousy the demon male would break out into if someone did have feelings for Luhan.

"We're not even together, he kissed me once and that's it, I mean sometimes I feel like he might actually want more with me but then he always pulls away from me before I can say anything to make him stay" Luhan's friends watch his face quietly, and they can practically feel his pain emanating off of him.

"Maybe things will change after your birthday" Yixing tries to cheer Luhan up, and he reaches across the table lightly grabbing the other's hand in his own. Luhan looks up and meets his eyes, he smiles back at Yixing but Yixing can tell that it is a forced one. Soon their conversation ends as the waitress brings them their dinner and they eat in a peaceful silence.

                ---------

It's been a few days since Luhan ran out on Sehun and Kai, when he spent the night with his best friends. He continues to avoid the two, not sure what he should say after hearing some of the things they had to say. It's early morning, Luhan is awake before Sehun and Kai, and he quietly dresses himself before he heads to the kitchen to eat a quick breakfast. Once Luhan has finished eating he ties his shoes on his feet before he quietly walks out the front door, heading to meet up with his friends.

It's barely noon when he finds Yixing and Baekhyun waiting for him at a small park, near their old home together, the home that they now share alone together. When they see Luhan, they smile and wave like idiots, meeting him half way.

"Hey, Luhan are you ready for our day out, Xiumin just text saying he's a couple minutes late" Baekhyun practically pounces on Luhan as they get closer to each other. Luhan laughs loudly as he wraps his arms around Baekhyun's waist returning the hug and he smiles over the other's shoulder at Yixing. They start small chatter while they wait for Xiumin, as they tease each other, Luhan lightly shoves Yixing.

"Hey, that was uncalled for you brat" Yixing yells back at Luhan and hip checks him away when Luhan tries to give him a hug. Baekhyun is the only one to notice when Xiumin approaches with two attractive and tall male's, he looks away from the fighting boys to watch as the other three approach. Luhan accidentally shoves Yixing too hard and he stumbles, as he is about to fall unfamiliar long arms wrap around his waist as his back makes contact with a lean chest.

", sorr-, Yifan, ah sorry" Yixing stutters out when he turns around to see that the person he bumped into was the mysterious male he hasn’t seen for some time. Luhan's eyes snap up and he is surprised to see that Kris is the man Yixing has a crush on.

"Kris, you're the guy Yixing met?" Luhan asks incredulously as he stares at Kris, and then he notices the slightly shorter male standing behind him. "Tao, don't tell me you're the one that Xiumin met" Luhan groans when it all clicks together, his friend's have feelings for the demon's he has met.

"Your name is Kris?" Yixing asks, confused and Kris looks down at him, looking into his eyes before he looks back at Luhan.

"Yeah, it turns out while we were wandering around here we met some of your friends" he answers Luhan before he looks back to Yixing. "Whenever I run into humans I tell them my name is Wu Yifan, it's safer that way" Kris explains to the still confused Yixing, he hides his smile at the cute smile Yixing flashes him when he understands Kris' reasons. As the chatter begins to rise, Luhan starts to feel like he is the fifth wheel. Yixing and Kris are talking together, and Luhan can faintly hear Kris explaining his position in the demon world to the smaller boy. When Luhan looks over to the other two males, he can see that they are easily teasing each other with smiles on their faces. Luhan feels all his worries come rushing back at him, thinking about his friends and their feelings for these demons. He also thinks about living the rest of his life like he did before he met Sehun, alone and not in love. His mind refuses to let him think about the possibility that Sehun is in love with him too.

"I never thought that things would turn out this way" Luhan murmurs to himself he feels like he might faint if he doesn’t sit down soon. Yixing is the first to notice how pale Luhan's face is turning; he rushes to the other's side immediately gaining the other three male's attention too.

"Lu, hey Luhan" Luhan can vaguely hear Yixing's worried voice as the small hands grab his face, his vision is blurry as he stares unseeing, into his best friend's eyes. His mind registers a small gasp of surprise when everything goes black and he feels his body falling, but he is unable to stop it.

                --------------

Luhan wakes up to the familiar walls of his bedroom in the apartment he shares with Sehun and Kai, it takes his eyes some time to finally focus properly. When his vision is no longer blurred is when he notices the six pairs of eyes watching his every move, his eyes look around at everyone before they stop on Sehun.

 "Lu, have you been eating and sleeping properly?" it's Xiumin who asks the first question, brotherly affection and worry audible in his voice. Luhan groans as he tries to sit up but he feels a dizzy spell coming on. The dizzying disappears when Sehun places a warm hand on his shoulder and pushes him back down into his lying position. Luhan's eyes go back to his and he looks into the male's eyes trying to read anything, learn anything from them.

"You've been skipping meals and hardly sleeping, don’t try to deny it, I've seen you up in the middle of the night reading" Sehun's voice comes out hard but Luhan believes he can hear an underlying worry as well.

"It's hard to when I have so much on my shoulder's" it's a whisper but Luhan knows the others have heard them when pity and sympathy flashes in their eyes. "You have it so easy, no cares or worries" Luhan lets his anger show through his voice as he continues on, he knows he shouldn’t but he's too tired to care.

"That's not true, you're a half-breed, raised here so you can choose who ever the hell you want but us demons or angels cannot love as freely without worry of being punished or banished for good" Kris' angered tone has Luhan flinching away and pressing himself as far as he can back into his mattress. "One of my closest friends wasn’t permitted to see you when you visited because he is being accused of loving an angel, it may be true but he shouldn’t be punished for loving someone" in  Luhan's fear he still manages to notice the knowing look that is passed between Sehun and Kai, Tao is unable to meet anyone's eyes.

"That explains why Suho seems to be upset lately" Kai whispers quietly and he ignores the curious look he receives from Luhan. Luhan watches and Kris sighs before he speaks again and this time his voice is softer.

 "Look, get some rest and when you wake up, we'll still be here, we do have a party to plan" he tries to give Luhan a friendly smile but everyone can tell that it is forced and strained. Luhan watches as the six leave his room one after another, he listens to the quiet chatter in the living room for a bit before sleep finally takes him.

         *New update and the introduction of Krislay and Taomin, can anyone guess who Kris is talking about? So I was wondering how many people would want to see mpreg in one of my upcoming stories?