Lineage 6

The Lineage of Light and Dark

Chapter 6

                It's been a few days since Kai had brought them to the angel's home and Kai has distanced himself from Luhan. Luhan knows he has been acting strange because Luhan kept pushing him to admit his feelings for Kyungsoo. Though Luhan is still confused about how he got to his room, he remembers falling asleep curled on the couch and his head in Sehun's lap. Whenever he asks the demon about it, Sehun just shrugs at him and refuses to admit or deny anything. Luhan also wonders what happened after he went to sleep that night because Kai and Sehun seem to speak even less than before and they hardly spoke to begin with.

Luhan woke up to the house being utterly quiet, so he was surprised to see both Sehun and Kai sitting in the kitchen eating cereal quietly. He hesitantly walked into the room, pouring some cereal for himself before he sat down beside the other blonde male.

"Sooo, why is everyone quiet?" Luhan implores, looking between the demon beside him and the angel sitting across from him. The silence stretches out for a few second before Sehun looks at Kai and Kai ignores his gaze.

"Today, we are going to the demon world, thus our angel friends is uncomfortable" Sehun smirks at Kai's glare and continues to eat his breakfast.

"Wait, we're going to the demon world? Why haven’t I've been told before?" Luhan starts to complain and momentarily forgets about his cereal on the table. Sehun laughs at his panicked face and smiles at the pout Luhan gives him for laughing.

"Just eat, we have some time before we are expected to be there anyways" Sehun pushes Luhan's bowl closer towards the smaller boy and waits for him to calm down. Luhan stares at him for a small amount of time before he obeys and begins eating again. Kai finishes first and walks to the sink, placing his bowl in it before he begins to clean it. Luhan watches him and wonders why Kai is still acting strange and refuses to talk for too long with Luhan as well as Sehun.

"I still don't see why I have to go with you" Kai comments with his back still facing them and they can hear the annoyance seeping through his voice.

"I went with you; the least you can do is come with me" Sehun grits out, body tense and ready to argue with Kai if necessary. Luhan watches the way both their shoulders became tense from the exchange of words.

"Whatever, but if your people try to pick a fight with me, I swear you'll regret taking me" Kai warns and Luhan worries that today will be extremely hard and maybe even dangerous for all involved.

"I'm not worried about them trying to start things with you, it's you I'm worried about trying to cause " Sehun states firmly, as Kai finally meets his gaze and they stare hard at each other.

"Guys, can we please not fight this early" Luhan pleads with them and is happy to see them give in, turning their hard gazes away from each other and settling back into quietness. "So when are we leaving?" Luhan asks as he picks his own bowl as well as Sehun's up and cleans them in the sink. Sehun stares at him in surprise but quickly thanks him for cleaning up after his mess.

"We're leaving as soon as you're ready to go" Sehun finally remembers that he was asked a question and watches Luhan hum in acknowledgement as he places the now clean dishes on the counter to dry.

"Kay, I'll quickly get dressed then" Luhan nods to the demon boy and he heads back to his own room to get dressed for the day. "Sehun, is it going to be hot?" Luhan yells from his open bed room door, waiting for a reply before he finishes getting dressed.

"Just because it is the demon world doesn’t mean it will be hot" Sehun grumbles back loud enough for Luhan to hear him and the smaller laughs softly back at him.

"Fine, should I dress for warm or cold, I don’t want to freeze or boil" Luhan yells back and he hears some soft murmurs from Sehun before the demon boy finally gives him a good answer.

"Just dress like you would normally" Sehun yells back and he notices Kai's hard look directed at him from across the room. They wait about ten minutes before they hear Luhan shuffling back towards them, he stops long enough to pull his shoes onto his feet before he turns to look at them.

"I'm ready to go" Luhan states shuffling back into the kitchen and walking to stay beside Sehun. Sehun looks at Luhan from head to toe before he nods and walks out of the kitchen. Luhan and Kai follow behind him and they all stop in the middle of Sehun's room. Luhan was not expecting the demon boy's room to be filled with navy blues and dark greys. The layout is once again similar to Luhan and Kai's the small difference is the covered window is on the wall that his bed is pressed up against. Sehun turns to Luhan and Kai; he gives Kai one last firm look before taking Luhan by the hand and walking through the portal, Kai stepping through not long after.

"Oh" is all Luhan manages to say when he looks around the demon world, he was not expecting it to be so... inviting. Sehun smiles amusedly at the smaller boy as his eyes go wide trying to take in the whole place. Unlike in the angel's world, the buildings are not as large nor as bright, instead they are almost shimmering blacks, greys, blues and even some really dark green stones. The world seems to be cast in a permanent state of twilight and Luhan feels a small chill run through his body. He was expecting creature with scary faces and horns coming out of their heads not average looking humans walking the streets. Luhan becomes slightly scared when a tall male with dark hair and dark circles around his eyes approaches them, he instinctively hides behind Sehun as Kai snickers at him.

"Yo, Tao, came to meet us?" Sehun immediately greets the new male, and Luhan stares at the other male as a beautiful cat like grin breaks across his face at Sehun.

"Yes, Kris told me it would be the polite thing to do considering who your guests are" the boy named Tao replies as he looks to Luhan, face falling a bit when he realizes that the boy is afraid of him. Luhan takes a small step away from his hiding spot when the boy pouts and Luhan gets a strong urge to wrap his arms around him and hug him tightly.

"Luhan, this is Tao or Zitao, Tao this is Luhan and you remember Kai" Sehun quickly introduced them and Luhan stares up at the new demon male in front of him. Tao looks back at him waiting for the other to approach him first, Sehun watches in amusement as Luhan is still afraid and Tao is impatient. Sehun sighs before giving Luhan a strong pat on the back, the impact sending him forward and into Tao, who catches him easily.

"H-hi" Luhan squeaks out as he looks up from Tao's chest to meet his eyes and he can't help but smile at the boy when his cat like grin is now directed at him. Tao gives him a tight squeeze before he steps back a little and looks to Kai, giving him a small nod.

"Are you ready to come see the others?" Tao asks looking from each person, he notices how Luhan shivers and wraps his arms around himself. "Sehun, I think we stop at your house to get Luhan one of your big sweaters" Tao mentions and Sehun looks to Luhan, he frowns when he realizes that yes, they should because Luhan is quickly becoming cold.

"I didn’t expect him to get cold this easily, I mean he is half demon so he shouldn’t be this cold" Sehun mutters but begins to lead the way down a different street that they originally were not heading towards.

"You're an idiot, he hasn’t lived here before so of course his body isn’t use to it" Kai remarks from the back of the group and Sehun pointedly ignores him. After a small walk they stop in front of a small black and grey stoned building, and Sehun quickly pulls a weird looking key out of his pocket and unlocks the door. He gestures for them all to walk into the building, Luhan looks around to see what seem to be pictures of Sehun throughout his life. As Luhan walks closer to them he sees the familiar face of Tao and another tall male whose face looks like it is permanently pissed off.

"The grumpy one is Kris, we're going to go see him once we're done here" at the scared less face he receives from Luhan, Tao can't help but to laugh at him. "Don't worry, he isn’t as scary as he looks" Tao smiles ruffling Luhan's hair, before Luhan swipes at his hands in annoyance.

"Here, it's the warmest one I have, you can keep it after we leave" Sehun comes up to him pulls a large hoodie sweater over his head, forcing Luhan to fight to find the arm holes. The sweater just covers his and the sleeves cover all of his fingers except for the tips. Tao lets out a small giggle at how big the sweater is but Luhan ignores him as he snuggles into its warmth.

"Good, now I can take you all to see Kris" Tao smiles and leads them away from Sehun's home after the blonde has relocked his front door. They make their ways through the dark and whining streets, Tao stops in front of one of the larger buildings. This building is pure black stones with multiple windows; the doors to enter are stained glass windows. Luhan is amazed by the intricate black lines that cross and overlap each other to create a beautiful design on the doors. Tao walks right up to the doors and pushes one of them open, and he uses his hand to invite the others into the building ahead of him.

"Took you long enough, Tao" a deep voice spoke from around a corner as he walked into what seemed to be the lobby of the large building. Luhan couldn’t help but to think how disappointed Chanyeol would be to find out that there is such a person taller than him, which means this man must be well past 6 foot 4. At a closer look, Luhan recognized the face from the picture he had seen back at Sehun's home, only now the face was matured and masculine. The dark eyes turned to look at him and Luhan fought the urge to run and hide behind Sehun yet again.

"Kris, this is Luhan, Luhan this is Kris, he doesn’t bite" Sehun smiles at the glare Kris sends him and Luhan is surprised by the hand that reaches out to take his hand and shake it.

"Why are we meeting up with your demon friends?" Kai questions a nervous edge to his voice and he isn’t surprised by the dirty looks he receives.

"I'm the only one out of the three of us that has access to the portal that leads to the demon lord's private home" Kris states as he s his thumb behind his head, indicating where he originally came from.

"Why?" Luhan asks quietly looking around at each of the demon's standing in front of him, Sehun avoids eye contact with him, while Tao smiles sadly at him and Kris just stares back.

"Well, I'm higher up then they are, and since you are here, the demon lord wishes to see you" Kris explains, answering the question twice, not sure which part Luhan was asking 'why?' for. Luhan looks to Sehun and is slightly irritated when Sehun still refuses to meet his eyes.

"We should probably go now, the demon lord is waiting for us" Sehun says as he looks to Kris and Kris nods his head in agreement.

"Okay, follow me" Kris announces as he turns back the way he came and leads them through a hall way. They pass doors that are lined up on either side of the hall, Luhan tries to count how many but gets lost half way through. Kris stops at the end of the hall, he opens a large metal door and they all step in after him. Luhan stops and looks around the room, he notes the little furniture, maybe a few chairs and a couch, placed around the room as if to make it a waiting room.

"This is where the portal is located, one leads to his private home while the other leads to his work office, this is the room people have to wait in for their appointment dates" Kris explains, he goes on to mention how he is in a way a receptionist for the demon lord.

"So you mean, you stay here all day and watch over his guests?" Kai asks and is surprised to hear that the demon lord has such a waiting area and actually keeps to a schedule. Kris shoots him a glare that tells him to keep his mouth shut if he is just going to make rude remarks.

"Yes, I keep them in check here and I direct them through the proper portal, and since we are going straight to his private home, we will be taking this one" Kris replies taking a few steps further into the room, he stops and waits for the others to follow. Kris is the first to step through the portal, followed by Sehun, who once again has to pull Luhan through by the hand, and finally Tao walks in after pushing Kai through.

"Wow, this is his home" Luhan states in wonderment as he looks around and he takes in the black frost like detail that covers the walls. Luhan is too distracted by the intricate patterns that he doesn’t notice a new set of amused eyes following his every move.

"It's nice to see that you all have managed to get here in one piece" Luhan's eyes snap to the unfamiliar voice and his eyes meet a pair of dark eyes that are almost black.

"Lord, we have brought Luhan, Sehun and the angel Kai" Kris states as he takes a small bow in front of the man that is still stuck on watching Luhan.

"Yes, please, sit" he indicates to all the chairs surrounding his, when Tao and Kris go to leave he invites them to stay as well. Luhan sits down beside Sehun, and he can tell that the boy is nervous or uncomfortable.

"I mean no offense but why did you want to meet me? I mean, the angel's lord didn’t want too" Luhan explains in a nervous voice as he looks around to all of the demons in the room.

"He isn’t called a lord, he is known as the leader of the angels" Kai corrects from the other side of Luhan and Luhan smiles in apology.

"Well, the leader of the angels doesn’t care for you the way I do" the demon lord smiles softly at Luhan but all Luhan can manage is a confused smile back. "Luhan, did your mother ever explain to you what happened to your father after he left?" the demon lord asks, trying to understand how much Luhan already knows.

"Not much, she told me he was being punished not anything more" Luhan answered, mind trying to remember any details his mother may have told him before she disappeared too.

"Luhan, this is a picture of you when you were barely 4 months" the demon lord passes an old picture to Luhan and Luhan's breath hitches when he sees it. His mother is holding a sleeping Luhan in her arms but what surprises him is the person holding his mother to their chest. Luhan stares at Sehun before he looks up to the demon lord and he feels the tears threatening to fall. "Yes, that is me, I am your father, I want you to know, I never meant to leave you the way I did" Luhan grips the sleeves of Sehun's sweater in his hands, so tight that his knuckles begin to turn white. "You don’t have to believe me but I was threatened by the previous lord to take his place, or he would kill your mother and take you to use as a weapon at the age of five" he explains, he stands up from his chair and starts to walk towards him. When his father stops in front of him and reaches a hand out to caress his head, the way he always wanted his father too, Luhan panics.

"Take me home" Luhan demands as he flinches away from the older male's touch, he sees the hurt that flashes across the demon lord's face but Luhan doesn’t care. "Sehun, take me home, now" Luhan grits out louder, he watches as Sehun looks up to the lord and once he has gotten the man's permission he stands and they are lead away by Kris once again. Luhan doesn’t say anything to anyone on the whole way back, once they are back in Sehun's room Kai decides to say something.

"Hey, atleast your father is still alive, I mean, your mom was stripped of her wings and when that happens an can no longer survive" Kai tries to make Luhan feel better about his father's situation. "I mean, well angels take breaking the rules as a crime punishable by being stripped of your wings, it's the biggest punishment we have" Kai continues to ramble on, only stopping when Luhan turns to him and gives him a terrible glare.

"Oh my god, Kai, shut up, just shut up, you don’t understand anything" Luhan screeches out at him and Kai is completely stunned by the smaller boy's outbreak. "You're a terrible person and angel, you are so wrapped up in trying to make me choose your side you're ignoring the feeling that you and that angel Kyungsoo share". Luhan huffs out loudly. "You have no idea how much pain I have been in for the past years" Kai flinches away from Luhan and he is afraid that the other will hit him. "And you, how could you not tell me that we would be meeting my father, god you two are so insensitive" Luhan yells some more as he stomps away from the two males and heads straight for his bedroom, slamming the door loudly behind him.

                ----------

It's been nearly a week and Luhan has completely ignored Kai and Sehun's existence, he refuses to acknowledge anything they do. He has begun to go out till late in the night, spending all of his time with his friends and when he returns home he doesn’t speak at all to the other male's that he lives with. So to say that they are surprised when Luhan forces them to sit in the living room with him and answer all of the questions he has to ask.

"So, my father was forced into becoming the demon lord, to keep me and my mother safe?" Luhan asks and he waits for some form of confirmation from Sehun before he continues and Sehun nods. "Okay, you said my mother was stripped of her wings, which to angels is pretty much the death penalty, right?" Luhan looks to Kai and sits impatiently waiting for him to answer his question as well, when he receives a nod he goes on. "When did you find out that you would be coming to the human world to try and convince me of which side to choose?" this time Luhan wants a verbal answer.

"I found out about you five years ago but I only found out about being the one sent here three years ago" Sehun answers, he looks toward Kai, letting him know that it is his turn to answer.

"We were told about you as soon as you were born, seven years ago I was informed that I was being sent here, but I didn’t receive any details until 3 years ago" Kai answers, finding it hard to admit to everything that he knows about.

"How much about me do you know?" the answer to this question is important to him, so his body shakes slightly with his impatience.

"Your father was very strict about that, he didn’t want us to invade your privacy but, I was informed of certain things, and other not so important things from your father" Sehun replies, he isn’t willing to elaborate but the dirty look he is given from Luhan at his vagueness, he sighs before he continues. "Your father talked about things you liked, like that deer, I was informed about your living situation, about your friends, some of their background and the things I learnt while following you" Sehun finishes, looking to Kai, encouraging him to talk before he is forced to say more.

"Well, the angel's wanted to be well informed so, we kept tabs on you for most of your life, we watched you grow and form your current friendships, though we never did learn about your father" Kai answers the question truthfully.

"What?" Luhan and Sehun ask incredulously together and they stare the angel down.

"They wanted me to have an advantage over you, so they made me keep tabs on him, so me and Kyungsoo know a lot" Kai replies, facing colouring with shame, when he realizes just how invasive they were.

"That is seriously messed, I'm the demon here but you angels seem to have less sham" Sehun states looking away from Kai and Luhan continues to stare at him.

"I can't believe this, that is so, so, creepy, did you see me when I changed, took showers?" Luhan began to panic at the thoughts running through his head.

"Oh no, no, me and Kyungsoo wouldn’t pay attention during those times" Kai responds quickly, looking away from the angered male.

"So all this time you make it seem like Sehun was the one always in the wrong, yet you angel's continue to cross the line and Sehun has yet to" Luhan sums up all the fights that have broken out between the two in that one sentence and he realizes something important. He has been fighting his feelings for Sehun because of what he was taught that being a demon meant, but now he is sees that there is no reason to continue fighting them when Sehun as himself is perfect and not like what he assumed a demon would be.

"Wait, does that mean you saw my first kiss?" Luhan asks, his eyes bugging out of their sockets, staring intently at Kai.

"Yeah" is all Kai answers with, as his eyes shift over to give Sehun a look. Luhan's face turns red when he realizes that Kai saw Sehun kissing him and now he finds it hard to meet either ones' eyes.

"That is...god" Luhan is speechless so he lets a sad whine out and sits in his seat quietly, not sure of what to do anymore. They all fall into a silence that stretches on, until Sehun decides turning on the TV is the best thing for them at this moment.

                 *New update, so I've been bored lately which gives me the time to work on this fic, sorry if its confusing and there might be some short chapters soon but, the ending is coming in about another 5 or so chapters so expect more developments