Lineage 3

The Lineage of Light and Dark

Chapter 3

                "I can't believe I have to live with those two" Luhan complains to his three best friends. Today is the move and Yixing, Xiumin and Baekhyun have come to help him. They are carrying boxes into the elevator of Luhan's new apartment building; Sehun and Kai are following close behind. They can hear small bickering from the taller male's as the elevator doors closes after the five of them.

"Hey, it won't be so bad, though I can only speak for myself, I'm a very easy person to live with" Kai smiles brightly at Luhan and the smaller whines softly. The elevator doors open and they all step out and head towards Luhan's new apartment. They all stop in front of the door and Luhan turns to Sehun staring at him expectantly. Sehun sighs softly, stepping closer to Luhan, arm reaching around the smaller male's waist to unlock the apartment door. Luhan stiffens and fights the desire to step away from the other boy, Xiumin looks at him knowingly. As Sehun turns the handle he uses his hip to push Luhan into the door, ultimately opening it enough for the other's to follow in behind him. Luhan glares up at Sehun, and gets a smirk in return.

"So, which room is mine again?" Luhan asks eyes flicking around the four closed doors, Sehun nods in the direction of the room furthest from the others.

"My room is the last door, it's separated from your room by Sehun's and then the bathroom" Kai explains pointing to the next three doors. Luhan stops and his eyes go wide when he notices that his room is closer to Sehun's than it is to Kai's. Baekhyun nudges Luhan with his elbow and they follow the others into Luhan's new room placing their boxes on the ground, heading back to get more.

It takes the five of them three hours to get all of Luhan's things in the apartment and they even help him to unpack a bit. They all decided to grab lunch at a nearby diner and then Sehun was going to show them the way that Luhan will be taking for school. Soon the time comes for Luhan to be left alone with Sehun and Kai.

Kai is sitting on the floor playing video games while Luhan is scrunched up in the middle of the couch, and Sehun is resting on the couch, right beside him. Luhan is surprised when he feels a weight leaning on his shoulder; he looks over to see Sehun staring at the TV, half asleep.

"Hey demon boy, why don’t you grab a controller so I can kick your " Kai almost sings from his spot on the floor, taking time to look over his shoulder. Kai grumbles when he notices how Sehun is practically asleep on Luhan. "Heeeey" Kai drags the word out, reaching his hand out and smacking at the other boy's knees. He pulls his hand back when Sehun wakes up enough to kick at him before he nuzzles his head back against Luhan's shoulder, making himself comfortable. "Is he really asleep?" Kai asks, staring at the two male's on the couch, Luhan just looks at him, his face telling Kai he is an idiot for asking.

"Yeah, now leave me alone and get back to your game" Luhan grumps out at Kai, he tries to move away from the sleeping boy only to have Sehun's head fall onto his lap, still knocked out. Kai laughs at Luhan before he finally turns back to his game and continues playing happily.

                -----------

Luhan wakes with a start, when he hears yelling. It takes him some time to realize that he is still on the couch with a light throw blanket on top of his body. He stares at the door way to the kitchen, and he can see the figures moving around in the room.

"Leave him alone; can't you see how uncomfortable you make him?" Luhan hears Kai's voice, a stern tone leaking through each word.

"Why? So you can force your pureness on him, you make me out to be the bad guy cause I'm on the 'evil' side but what you angels do is worse than what we do" Sehun growls out at Kai, Luhan can hear rustling than a thud, he can imagine what's happening in the kitchen. Luhan quickly rushes into the kitchen; he stumbles in his sleep daze, face meeting with Sehun's back. Luhan lifts his face enough to see Kai pinned against a counter by Sehun's hands fisted in the collar of his shirt.

"Knock it off, both of you" Luhan tries to demand, grabbing the waist of Sehun's shirt in both his hands and pulling the taller boy back towards himself and away from Kai. Sehun stumbles backwards, a bit surprised by the small hands gripping his shirt and his hands fall away from Kai. "I won't live with you guys, if you're just going to fight" Luhan states, unhappy with the both of them. He stands on his tiptoes to peek over Sehun's shoulder and give Kai a hard look. Kai just shrugs his shoulders at Luhan before he wanders out of the kitchen and to his room, closing the door behind him.

"You should head to bed too, and not on the couch this time" Sehun says, turning out of Luhan's grip, he is about to walk out of the room when he sees the upset look on the other's face. "If you want, I could always sleep with you" Sehun smiles mischievously at Luhan and he leans in closer to him. Luhan's breathe catches in his throat when he feels Sehun's body warmth so close to his own body.

"Good night" Luhan stutters out as he runs away from Sehun and to his room, closing the door behind himself quickly. Sehun stays standing in the kitchen, staring after Luhan, even when he can no longer see the smaller boy. He sighs quietly, turning off all the lights as he takes his time walking to his own room.

The next morning Luhan runs into Kai, fresh out of the shower and only wearing a towel around his waist. Luhan freezes in his walk to the kitchen and Kai looks over at him.

"Hey, heading out to see your friends today?" Kai asks, taking a voluntary step closer to the other. Luhan nods dumbly, unsure of what to do with a practically male. Kai leans in close to Luhan, very similar to how Sehun does and whispers in his ear "or we could spend the day alone together". Luhan chokes on his own saliva before he pushes Kai away, slightly disgusted, unlike when Sehun presses close to him and heads to the front door. Luhan leaves without saying anything to Kai, remembering that he mentioned he was leaving to see Yixing, Xiumin and Baekhyun today to Sehun before he had fallen asleep on the couch.

                --------

"No, you don’t get it, they're both so annoying, if they aren't fighting, they're making passes at me" Luhan starts to have a panic attack when his friends just laugh at him.

"Lu sit, and finish your bubble tea" Xiumin instructs as he pushes the other's glass closer to him. Luhan huffs out a breath of hot air as he plops himself back into his chair.

"So which one do you like?"  Baekhyun questions from beside him and when Luhan looks at him incredulously, Baekhyun just waggles his eyebrows at him.

"Are you crazy? I hate them both" Luhan almost yells, and he is about to stand up again when Yixing grabs his wrist, keeping him in his seat.

"We can all see the way you act around them, you like Sehun, don’t you?" Xiumin asks softly, looking Luhan in the eyes, and Luhan knows he can't lie to his best friends.

"Yeah, but I really shouldn't" Luhan sighs in defeat and he looks away from his friend's questioning eyes. He inhales and lets it out slowly before he begins to explain the truth to everyone. "I know this will be hard to believe but, my mother is an angel and my father is a demon. My mother wrote a letter explaining it all, they were forced to leave me because they weren't supposed to fall in love or have a child. She said that when I am seventeen that someone from both sides will come and try to get me to choose a side. I didn’t believe it at first either but when they showed up and knew things that no one else did, I had to. Kai is an angel and Sehun is a demon, so I should be attracted to Kai but I'm drawn to Sehun, no matter how much I try to avoid him" Luhan rambles quickly, when he finishes he stares at his friends, hesitant and slightly afraid.

", I knew there was always something different about you but, this, that's just, " Baekhyun replies unintelligently as he stares amazedly at Luhan.

"Just because he is a demon, doesn’t mean he is a terrible person or the wrong person to fall for" Yixing states quietly, looking away from the wondering eyes. Xiumin clears his throat but agrees quickly to what Yixing has just said.

   "Xing is right, Luhan, he maybe from the evil side, but that doesn’t define who he is, for all you know he could be a wonderful person with a great heart" Xiumin adds to Yixing's words and smiles softly at the other. Luhan stares at each of his friends for a while, taking in everything that they have said to him.

"Maybe you're right, but even if you are, it doesn’t mean that he feels the same way" Luhan adds quietly, Sehun bugs him a lot but for all he knew, that could be the other's way of convincing Luhan join his side. "By my 19th birthday, I will have to choose a side and I have no idea how I'm going to choose" he sighs and leans further back in his chair, mind racing with thoughts and worries.

"You're thinking way too much into this, just act on your feelings and let it go" Baekhyun chimes in, a large smile on his face.

"Oh shut it Baek, just because you're happily dating a giant doesn't mean you can rub it in our faces" Luhan groans out at him, irritated by everyone.

"Not my fault that I found Chanyeol and we are dating, besides you guys are the ones that keep running away from anyone that shows interest" Baekhyun snickers back at them, smug smile on his face.  

         *Sorry for the late update, just got back from Otakuthon in Montreal, I'll try to update quicker this time