Secret

Be With Me

Hyosung screamed as the door opened. Her hands instinctively moved to cover her s. Kikwang laughed as he closed the door and turned to look at himself in the mirror.

“Yah! Lee! Ki! Kwang!” she yelled out.

She glared at the man but he completely ignored her as he looked for his razor.

“You shouldn’t yell like that” he calmly voiced as he began to shave.

“Well I wouldn’t have to yell if someone would stop bursting into the bathroom whenever I’m taking a bath” Hyosung bit back.

Kikwang stopped his movements and looked at Hyosung. She sunk lower into the tub to hide her body.

“I already told you that I’ve seen it all…like a hundred times now” he replied.

Hyosung blushed.

It was true. Ever since she moved in with him a few days ago, Kikwang had walked in on her changing and showering almost every day. He didn’t seem to believe in privacy or locked doors. His only defense was that he had seen her body before and since they were now going to have a baby, she shouldn’t be ashamed of showing her body to him.

“What are you thinking about?” he asked, snapping her out of her thoughts.

“About your erted ways” she replied.

He laughed, smiling at his reflection as he continued to shave. Hyosung looked at him for a few more seconds before she finally sighed and went on with her bath.

They didn’t speak again until Kikwang was about to walk out of the bathroom.

“Be careful getting out of the tub. Breakfast will be ready soon.”

She watched him go and she smiled as he closed the door softly. He may be cold sometimes or sometimes he could be annoying…but he was always caring and sweet.

Hyosung sighed as she finally finished bathing. She stood up in the tub and stepped out. She paused as she look over to the large mirror. She stared at her body. Her eyes lowered to her stomach and she couldn’t help the smile that came to her lips. She wondered when she would start showing.

She quickly dried off and changed into a simple pair of jeans and a shirt before she stepped out of the bathroom and into the room she shared with Kikwang. She looked at the bed and shook her head. She patted her stomach.

“That bed is dangerous” she said as she continued to pat her flat stomach.

She stepped out of the bedroom and followed the smell of food into the kitchen. Sohee greeted her with a smile.

“Good morning” they said to each other.

Hyosung helped Sohee set the table, only stopping every few seconds to smell the delicious food. By now, Hyosung had gotten some of her morning sickness under control and Sohee and Kikwang worked hard to refrain from making any food that had so far caused her to become sick.

Kikwang came into the kitchen and grabbed Hyosung’s arm. She stopped her movements and looked at him. He pulled out a chair and gently lowered her down. She rolled her eyes but didn’t bother to fight with him.

“I read somewhere that the stable period of pregnancy isn’t until around the third month” he voiced.

Hyosung looked at him in surprise.

“Have you been doing research?” she asked.

He shrugged and she smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Can I ask you something?”

Kikwang looked up from his work to find Hyosung sitting across from him. She looked at him with curiosity in her bright eyes. He put his documents down and removed the glasses he was wearing. He rubbed his eyes before he looked at her once more.

“Sure” he replied.

She leaned forward across the table as she tried to look at him closely.

“Will you open up to me more?” she asked.

It took him a second but he finally recovered from the slight shock she had given him.

“So you’re saying….that you want to know more about me?” he asked.

Hyosung nodded.

Kikwang smirked a bit as he leaned across the table. He grabbed her arms to keep her from leaning backwards.

“For starters…” he whispered.

Hyosung awaited his words with wide eyes. He couldn’t help himself as he looked into her eyes. He laughed a bit and she pouted.

“What?” Hyosung asked.

“Your face” he replied.

He laughed more as she looked offended. Hyosung suddenly changed her expression as she watched him laugh.

“You look nice when you laugh” she replied.

It was his turn to look offended.

“Are you saying I don’t look nice?” he asked.

Hyosung laughed as she shrugged her shoulders. Kikwang playfully rolled his eyes at her before he moved his hands to her face. She didn’t move as he pressed his palms against her cheeks.

“If you want to know more about me…will you be able to face the consequences?” he asked.

Hyosung furrowed her eyebrows.

“What do you mean?” she asked.

In an instant, he moved his face so close to hers that she gasped. He stared her down, his eyes taking in every detail of her face. Hyosung sat frozen as she watched him take her in.

“K-Kikwang” she managed to say.

He bent his head and sighed as he finally let her go.

“You’re so innocent” he voiced with a smirk.

Hyosung could feel her face burning. What was he trying to do?

He looked at her as he ran a hand through his hair.

“If you really need to know something about me….”

He paused as he pointed to her face.

“I want to kiss you” he voiced.

Hyosung’s eyes widened but Kikwang smiled softly.

“I won’t do it. I’m just letting you know” he said.

He smirked as he saw her speechless.

“I would never put you through the torture of knowing my life.”

Sure, he could open up to her and share details of his life with her…but he knew that if he did that…he wouldn’t be able to let her go when the time came for her to leave. She was dangerous to him. He wanted her in ways he never thought possible and that was something he couldn’t handle. She makes him want to be wild and uncontrollable.

He wanted her….he liked her.

That was also the reason he didn’t want to confide in her. She didn’t need to know about his shameful past and how horrible of a person he could really be.

He put his glasses back on as he smiled at her.

“Are you hungry?” he asked, changing the subject.

Hyosung nodded, thankful for the change of subject. She just didn’t know how to respond to what he said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That night…she couldn’t sleep.

Hyosung found herself tossing in bed. She would glance at the clock and sigh. Kikwang was still up working on something and she found herself waiting for him to come into the room.

She finally settled on her back and stared up at the dark ceiling. She sighed as she brought her arm to rest across her forehead, the words he said earlier swimming in her head.

What did he mean…when he said he wouldn’t torture her with his life?

She knew that Kikwang was someone who was hard to get close to and although she wanted to get closer to him, she was scared to find out what he seemed to be hiding. She noticed how Sohee and Kikwang seemed to always have some sort of secret going on between them.

The first night she spent in the home, she noticed something very odd. Kikwang had sat brooding in the kitchen as he looked at his phone. Sohee came in and cried but when Hyosung stepped into the kitchen, they both put on a happy face.

And then…there was that thing he said.

‘I want to kiss you’

She could feel her face get hot once more. She shook her head.

What did he mean by that? Did he just want to ? Or was he trying to tell her something? Did he like her or was he just joking?

She sighed and finally sat up. She remained silent for a few seconds but she didn’t hear any noises in the home. She stood up from bed and walked into the apartment. The television in the living room was on but there was no sign of Sohee or Kikwang. Hyosung made her way to Sohee’s room and knocked. She waited but there was no answer.

Hesitantly, Hyosung turned the doorknob and opened the door. She peeked inside the room but it was dark. She heard a sound come from Sohee’s bathroom was on and so she made her way over. She was about to knock on the door when she heard Sohee sob. She was about to turn around and leave but as she continued to hear Sohee cry, she couldn’t hold back anymore.

She opened the door.

“Sohee” she stared but her words died down when she saw nothing but darkness.

“Hyosung” Sohee said in a startled voice.

“Where are you?” Hyosung asked.

She found the nearest wall and began to search for the light switch.

“NO!” Sohee screamed.

Hyosung felt the switch right on her fingertips but she stopped when Sohee continued to cry.

“Sohee…what’s wrong?” Hyosung asked.

She wanted to see Sohee…to help her.

“Y-you can’t see me like this. You’ll despise me” Sohee explained through her sobs.

Hyosung felt her stomach drop.

“Why would you say that? I would never feel that way about you.”

Sohee held back her sobs.

“Sohee…let me see” Hyosung pleaded.

There was a few seconds of silence. Hyosung was about to speak once more when Sohee suddenly spoke up.

“O-okay…”

Hyosung touched the light switch once more.

“I’m turning on the light now” she voiced.

She heard Sohee shift around for a few seconds.

“Okay” Sohee finally replied after a while.

Hyosung the light and looked to where Sohee was currently sitting. She looked up with tear filled eyes. Her wet hair clung to her small body and she look fearfully at Hyosung. Sohee instinctively pulled her towel closer to her body as Hyosung began to walk closer.

“Sohee, what happened?” Hyosung asked.

She knelt down next to Sohee. Hyosung looked into Sohee eyes.

“Are you hurt?” she asked.

Sohee looked away.

“It always hurts” she replied in a low voice.

Hyosung furrowed her eyebrows.

“Sohee…” she started.

Sohee grabbed Hyosung’s hand desperately.

“It never stops” Sohee said.

She looked into Hyosung’s eyes and then she lowered her own eyes as she guided Hyosung’s hand. Hyosung watched as her hand was placed on top of Sohee’s shoulder.

Sohee didn’t say a word. She buried her head into her hands and continued to cry. Hyosung swallowed the lump in as she slowly clutched the fabric of the towel. She didn’t say a word as she began to pull the towel down. Her eyes widened and her hand stopped so suddenly that it gave Sohee a slight shock. Hyosung could feel her own eyes fill up with tears.

Sohee didn’t say anything. Hyosung let out a cry as she pulled the towel down more. She stopped once more and tightly closed her eyes. She removed her hand from Sohee’s body and placed it on Sohee’s arm.

There was no need to say anything. With that simple touch, Sohee knew she could rely on Hyosung.

Hyosung wrapped her arms around the younger girl and hugged her close.

“S-Sohee…who did this to you?” she asked her voice cracking.

The sound of footsteps broke the silence and Hyosung looked up to see a breathless Kikwang staring down at them.

Hyosung caught his gaze and she held her breath as Kikwang looked at his sister and then up at Hyosung. His eyes had the same fear that Sohee’s had and it automatically clicked inside of Hyosung’s head.

It was him.

Or maybe it wasn’t…it couldn’t have been him, right?

Kikwang’s face stiffened as he saw Hyosung’s expression change into confusion and it was obvious that she was struggling to believe her own reasoning.

“No, you are right…” he started.

His eyes looked shifted to his sister, who was still hunched over and crying.

Kikwang caught sight of her exposed back. He looked at Hyosung once more.

“I did it…” he confessed.

Hyosung froze as she looked into his cold eyes. Her eyes slowly traveled to Sohee’s exposed back. The sight gave her chills and a feeling of dread.

There, on Sohee’s back, were multiple burn scars on her shoulders and back….all caused by her own brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry this took so long to update. It is officially November….which means that this is the last month of college for me. I graduate the first week of December (yay!!) This is good news but also bad news. I will be very busy for this month. I have multiple projects to get done and so I will probably not get the chance to update for a few weeks, unless I manage to finish some of my projects early. Any way, I just wanted to give you guys something to read before I go into hiding for a bit.

P.S I know some parts are confusing, so let me clarify. The secret between Sohee and Kikwang is that Sohee is living with severe burn scars on her body that stretch from her shoulders down to her back and Kikwang is somehow directly related to this happening to her.