Moving On

Be With Me

His lips were so full and plump.

Hyosung smiled as she looked at them. They moved on their own as Kikwang mumbled something in his sleep.

She hoped that their child would have his lips and his eyes….maybe even his fingers. His lips were soft and very plump. They looked particularly nice on his face. His eyes were wide and a very deep color of brown. She liked his eyes a lot. 

Kikwang stirred in his sleep, his eyes scrunching up as he moved about. Hyosung bit down on her lower lip to stop herself from laughing.

Kikwang was someone who had barriers and deep walls all around him but Hyosung couldn’t help but enjoy his presence. In fact, she felt as if she could no longer find her place without his presence around.

With a final look at Kikwang’s features, Hyosung finally sat up in bed and swung her legs over the side of the bed. She made her way into the bathroom and immediately looked at her stomach. She frowned as she saw the same flat stomach as always. She was anxious to start showing some sign that she was pregnant but she was almost 3 months pregnant and she knew she wouldn’t show for a couple more weeks. She finally sighed and made her way out of the bathroom and out of the bedroom that she shared with Kikwang.

The thought alone made her stomach flip.

She let her thoughts drift to the past couple of nights that they had spent together. She didn’t know what they were, exactly. Were they a couple? Were they exclusive or not?

As Hyosung prepared breakfast, she tried to think of other things.

In reality…she wasn’t so sure if she should be with Kikwang. She knew that she was initially only with him because of the baby but now…she wasn’t so sure of her motives.

“What are you making?”

Hyosung jumped and turned her head to look at the intruder. She smiled as Sohee walked into the kitchen. Kikwang had told her the truth about Sohee’s accident and Hyosung made it perfectly clear to the both of them that the way she saw the siblings had not changed in the slightest. She considered them as family and it was going to remain that way.

“I don’t know yet. Do you have any special requests?” she asked Sohee.

Sohee looked around the kitchen as a small smile made its way to her lips.

“Pancakes” she replied.

Hyosung smiled once again.

“Coming right up” she voiced.

As she prepared her ingredients, Hyosung looked back at Sohee.

“Are you ready for Saturday?” she asked.

She saw Sohee’s eyes brighten up.

“Yes…but I’m a little nervous” Sohee replied.

“Why?” Hyosung countered.

Sohee fiddled with her uniform skirt.

“It’s our one month anniversary…Jiyong might be expecting something…you know.”

Hyosung instantly caught on.

“I think Jiyong isn’t thinking that far ahead. He really likes you and he knows he should respect you.”

She turned to face Sohee, giving her a comforting smile.

“Besides, if he ever does something that you don’t like, I’ll make sure to punish him. Just because he is my cousin, doesn’t mean he won’t get his kicked.”

They laughed.

“Thanks Hyosung” Sohee replied.

There was a moment of silence in which Sohee looked on as Hyosung flipped a pancake. Sohee looked at Hyosung, carefully taking in the woman before her. She really admired Hyosung for everything; keeping the baby, moving on with her life and for not blaming Kikwang for everything that has happened.

“Hyosung?” Sohee asked.

“Hmm?”

“Will you take me shopping after school? I want to buy a new outfit for my date.”

Hyosung smiled once more.

“Of course! We will pick something out to make Jiyong appreciate how lucky he is to even get to talk to you.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“What about this one?” Sohee asked as she turned around.

Hyosung looked at the dress that Sohee had picked out. She felt her smile falter a bit.

“Um…it’s cute” she replied as she looked the dress over.

Sohee looked at it, the uncertainty spreading over her face.

“What’s wrong?” she asked.

Hyosung grabbed the dress and held it up to Sohee, her frown deepening when the dress only came down to barely cover Sohee’s .

“Too short” Hyosung replied.

Sohee blushed.

“Oh” was all she said.

Hyosung raised an eyebrow. She had a feeling that Sohee had already known just how short it was.

“Well, let me go try these on” Sohee said as she held up the other clothes she had picked out.

Hyosung nodded.

“Okay. I’ll be there shortly. Let me just look at some clothes.”

They split up and Hyosung made her way over to a part of the store that she had been secretly waiting to visit. She stopped as she saw the various baby clothes and items, a smile spreading across her face. She knew it was still early to shop for any baby clothes…but she was just anxious to start. She spotted a cute little shirt and reached out to touch it.

“Hyosung?”

She froze, the sound of her heart pounding in her ears. She dropped her hand as she turned around and looked at the man who had called to her.

“Himchan” she said in a low voice.

They stared at each other for a bit, neither of them knowing what to say.

Himchan was the first one to break eye contact as he looked at the clothes behind her. He looked down at the ground before looking back up at her, a look of guilt on his face.  

“It’s been a while” he voiced.

Hyosung blinked away the burning sensation in her eyes as she cleared .

“Yes, it has” she replied.

“How have you been?” he asked.

At that question, she smiled.

“Good...really good.”

Himchan noticed the way her eyes lit up.

“And you?” she asked.

Himchan put his hands in his jean pockets as he took a deep breath.

“I’m doing okay…”

It had been just over two months since they had seen or spoken to each other. As Hyosung looked at him, she could feel all the sadness that she had felt when they had spent their last moments together as they argued. As she recalled the moment that Himchan walked away from her, she could feel her feelings of love for him coming back.

She cleared but didn’t say anything. Himchan looked at her, from head to toe. The silence they shared was almost too much to bear. They had things to say to each other, things they needed to say and hear.

“Can we go and talk somewhere?” he suddenly asked.

Hyosung could feel her stomach drop.

“I can’t…I’m here with someone” she replied.

Himchan gave a small nod.

“I see” he replied.

“I think I should go” Hyosung voiced.

She looked at him but she didn’t move. Himchan stared back.

“About that night…I’m sorry” he said.

Hyosung could feel the burning in her eyes.

“So am I” she replied.

She caught his gaze.

“I’m sorry about hurting you….but that is it” she clarified.

Himchan let a small smile come across his face. Of course she would have eventually come to terms with her fate. She was blessed with a child and she would not apologize for it any longer.

“I expected as much. How far along are you?”

“3 months” she replied, her hand resting on her stomach.

Himchan glanced at her stomach, and suddenly, he wondered if they could have worked out. Could he have been able to love her as he already did, while she shared an unbreakable bond with someone else? But in truth, he couldn’t bear the thought. Sure, he would have loved the child like it was his own…but it was the thought that Hyosung would ultimately share the child with another man, that drove Himchan crazy. Even if they had continued to be together, if they were to have gotten married and eventually have children of their own, she would still be connected to this other man. Himchan never met him, but he could only guess what this man was like. He had heard from Hyorin what this man had done. He stepped up immediately to the responsibility. No matter what Himchan wanted to do to this man or what he wanted to say, Himchan knew that this Kikwang was a great person.

He looked back up to Hyosung’s face. Hyorin had told him everything. As he looked at the woman he had fallen in love with and with whom he was still in love with, he knew he couldn’t be with her ever again. He knew that Hyosung still cared for him and if he begged her enough, she would probably come to him again…but he had decided to let it go.

“I wish you the best” he voiced as his eyes glazed over with emotion.

Before she could say anything, he grabbed her shoulders and kissed her softly. She closed her eyes and let him kiss her. As he slowly broke away from her, he whispered a farewell and one last declaration of love before he walked away.  

She wanted to go after him, to desperately hold on to him and to stop him from walking away from her one more time.

But her feet wouldn’t move and she could do nothing but watch Himchan walk away from her for the last time.

“Goodbye” she whispered to herself.

She had loved him and he had loved her but things could never be the same and no matter what, he could not be with her. Hyosung understood his actions, she always knew Himchan better than he knew himself.

Hyosung swallowed the pain that was rising in her chest. She wouldn’t allow herself to be sad any longer.

Her first love had come and gone. That was it.

“Hyosung?”

She turned her head and saw Sohee coming towards her with a concerned look.

“You okay?” Sohee asked.

She could see that Hyosung was feeling sad.

Hyosung quickly composed herself. She had to move on, that much was clear.

“Yeah…I was thinking about something” she replied.

She smiled at Sohee.

“I wish I knew the of the baby so I could start buying things.”

Sohee smiled as she looked at the baby stuff.

“Oh” she said happily.

“Come on, show me the clothes you bought” Hyosung voiced.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Are you okay?”

Hyosung looked up and saw Kikwang leaning over the table to look at her. She smiled a bit.

“Fine” she replied.

He looked her face over once more before he leaned back into his seat.

“What were you thinking about?” he asked.

Hyosung let her eyes roam over his face.

“What the baby will look like” she replied.

It wasn’t a complete lie. She had been thinking about the baby all day…but she knew that it was better if Kikwang didn’t find out that she had seen Himchan today. It shouldn’t matter anymore. They were over.

Kikwang couldn’t help the smirk on his face.

“It will look like us” he replied.

Hyosung playfully rolled her eyes.

Kikwang laughed and Hyosung found herself looking at his face intently. She hoped their baby would have his laugh as well.

The sound of a door opening caught their attention and they looked up. Sohee walking into the kitchen and did a twirl in her outfit.  Hyosung smiled.

“You look great” she said.

Sohee smiled and looked to Kikwang to hear his opinion. He looked over the outfit and although he wanted to frown at the shortness of it, he smiled for his sister. 

“You look nice” he offered.

Sohee rolled her eyes.

“Too short?” she asked and Kikwang nodded.

“Ignore him” Hyosung voiced.

Kikwang sighed. He hated being outnumbered in these situations so he didn’t even bother to argue with the two women in his kitchen.

There was a knock on the door and Sohee ran to the door. She smiled as she came face to face with Jiyong. Kikwang and Hyosung followed and began to lay down the rules.

“Have her home before midnight and keep your hands to yourself” Kikwang muttered as he walked away.

Hyosung rolled her eyes as he walked past her and back into the kitchen.

“Have fun, guys” she said.

She watched as the two teens happily went on their way. She was about to close the door when a woman came around the corner and watched as Sohee and Jiyong stepped into the elevator. Hyosung caught the woman’s eye. She looked familiar for some reason.

“Those two are adorable” the woman spoke.

Hyosung nodded.

“They are. They are celebrating their one month anniversary today. In fact, the boy is my cousin” she explained.

The woman smiled.

“And the girl? She is such a pretty girl. She lives here if I’m not mistaken” the woman voiced.

Hyosung paused a bit. In reality, she didn’t know what to call Sohee. Friend?

Hyosung brushed away the thoughts in her mind.

“She is my sister-in-law” she finally replied.

The woman’s smile faltered a bit but she quickly covered it up with a brighter smile. The elevator doors opened and the woman stepped inside.

“I must be going…It was nice to meet you.”

Hyosung said goodbye as the elevator doors closed.

“Who were you talking to?”

She jumped a bit and Kikwang laughed.

“One of our neighbors. She was a nice older woman. She was just commenting on how cute Sohee and Jiyong looked.”

As she shut the door and turned to look at Kikwang, she paused.

“What?” he asked.

She looked at his face but she shook her head.

“Nothing…it’s just your face” she replied.

Kikwang frowned.

“Yah…what’s wrong with my face?” he asked.

Hyosung could swear that he looked a bit like the woman she had just met but she brushed it off instantly.

“Everything…it’s ugly” she replied.

Her smile gave away her true feelings about his face. Kikwang reached for her and pulled her close. She held her breath as his lips opened a bit. He blew out a short breath to tickle her skin.

“Is that why you stare at it all day?” he asked.

Hyosung blushed as she realized that all her secret glances were never really secret to begin with.

He smirked and let her go. She was disappointed that he didn’t touch press his lips to her in some way or another.

“I hope the baby has my face then” he teased.

Hyosung swatted his arm but he caught her hand and pulled her towards him once more. He didn’t say anything as he bent his head and kissed her. Hyosung closed her eyes as she gave into his kiss.

It was then that she knew that he wouldn't want anyone else, that his words had been truthful. He wanted her and only her. As she wrapped her arms around his neck, she wanted nothing else but to be his. She was going to make this work. They were going to be together...happily.

She had moved on...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I am finally back. Sorry it took so long for me to update this time around. I still can’t believe it’s been over a month since I have updated. I was busy with graduating college and visiting family and also, sadly, my dog of almost 7 years passed away and I was very much depressed for a good while....but now I am back. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. I wonder what is going to happen next?! I can only warn you guys…I am planning for things to get pretty damn hectic in the coming chapters!