Decisions

Be With Me

Out of everything that Sohee hated…she hated seeing herself in the mirror the most. Her eyes never lingered on herself for long. Even now, as she stood in the dark in her own bathroom, Sohee refused to look into the mirror. She often considered just covering the mirror with a shirt or maybe a towel but she convinced herself that if she did that, she could never live normally in the future. And that is what she wanted most in life, to live normally for once.

She stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around her body. She dried herself in silence as her tears began to fall. Once she was completely dry and could finally put on clothes, she wiped her eyes and took in deep breaths before she stepped out of the bathroom and out into her room. She rushed out of her room and looked around the apartment, looking for Kikwang.

She found him sitting on the couch, staring at the television in a trance. She almost frowned. Ever since his fight with Hyosung, he has been silent and distant. She hated seeing him that way.

“Oppa.”

He looked away from the television at looked at her. He forced a smile.

“What is it?” he asked.

She didn’t say anything but merely made her way over to the couch. She plopped down next to him and wrapped her arms around him. He returned the gesture and she smiled as he wrapped his arms around her firmly, never delicately. She used to hate when he only barely touched her…as if she would break.

“I hate seeing you like this” she voiced.

Kikwang chuckled but he didn’t reply. He wasn’t exactly the type to mope around at home when something bothered him. He was usually the one who would brush things off and bury himself in work in order to not think about things. But this time it was different.

“I’ll get over it” he replied.

Sohee sighed. They haven’t heard from Hyosung in days and Sohee was starting to fear that maybe Hyosung did get rid of the baby. Sohee cried when she found out about the argument Kikwang had with Hyosung. All she wanted was for Kikwang to finally be happy.

“Don’t worry about me” he voiced.

They looked at each other and Sohee smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kikwang clenched his jaw as he saw his father head into the house. He looked down at the photo in his hand. He felt the sting of tears in his eyes but he quickly blinked them away. He didn’t have time to be like this.

He walked across the street, stopping to look up at the house. He took a deep breath and walked up to the gate and opened it. The front door to the house was open and he heard laughter. He froze as he saw a girl walk out. She froze as she looked at him with surprised eyes. His breath caught in his throat and he felt his hand crumple the picture in his hand.

It was her.

She looked him up and down with her eyes but her face showed him a weird expression. He swore it was admiration.

“Sohee, what’s taking so long?”

Kikwang took his eyes away from the girl in front of him and looked up to find his father walking out the house. His father failed to notice what was going on. He let out a laugh.

“Sohee, don’t you hear your-”

The words died out as he looked across the yard and found Kikwang there.

“K-Kikwang!”

Kikwang looked at the two people in front of him, both of them looking at him with fear, shock and so many other things written on their face. There was no denying it.

“Why?” Kikwang asked his father.

His father looked down in guilt.

“Kikwang…I’m sorry.”

Kikwang looked away.He tossed the crumpled up picture to the ground and it landed at his father’s feet.

Then he ran. He ran with all his might. The tears he had been holding back were finally falling. He felt so betrayed. His father had been the man he had admired the most and in his eyes, nothing could ever change that.

Except this…

As much as Kikwang didn’t want to believe it, there was no hiding it. That girl in the picture, the one that stood in front of him….was his father’s daughter.

When he finally stopped running, he dropped onto the grass beneath his feet and stared up at the sky. His eyes hurt, along with his chest. He rolled onto his back and stared up at the sky.

The man that he trusted the most had betrayed his trust. If he couldn’t depend on his father, who could he ever depend on?

Kikwang closed his eyes as he heard footsteps approaching. They suddenly stopped.

“I found you.”

He opened his eyes and sat up. He looked back and saw the girl standing there. Her expression showed worry and he couldn’t understand why.

“Get lost” he said as he looked away from her.

She didn’t make a move to get closer to him or to even walk away.

“I know you’re really mad and that you might hate me right now.”

There was a pause and he hoped that she had left.

“I know you don’t care…but I’m so happy I finally got to see you in person. I really…really wanted to see you, for so long.”

Kikwang frowned as he continued to have his back to her.

He could hear her voice cracking as she fought back tears. He took a deep breath. Even though he was a rational person most of the time and even though he knew better, he couldn’t help himself.

“Take pride in the fact that you just caused a family to break apart and be proud that now you won’t have to share that man with me.”

He stood up and finally looked back at her.

“As for me, I wish you didn’t exist and I hope you can never be happy. It’s what you deserve after all this.”

He turned away from her once more and walked away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hyosung took a deep breath into her body and slowly let it out. She gave herself a small pep talk and even gently slapped her cheeks. She had been waiting for quite a bit and it wouldn’t be too long now. She looked around and saw other women sitting down around her. Hyosung became nervous once again and she quickly shook her head to clear those thoughts away.

She had decided this on her own and now she was going to see it through. She looked at the main entrance with a bit of hope and fear in her eyes. She would do this…even if she had to do it alone.

A nurse came into the hallway and Hyosung clutched the fabric of her skirt for dear life. The nurse looked around as she looked up from her clipboard.

“Jun Hyosung” she called.

Hyosung felt her stomach drop as she stood up. The nurse smiled.

“Follow me please” she said.

Hyosung cast one more look at the entrance but she sighed and finally followed the nurse into the back offices. She followed the nurse into an empty room.

“Just make yourself comfortable and the doctor will be right in.”

Hyosung opened to say something but she quickly decided against it. The nurse closed the door and Hyosung took in a deep breath as she looked around the room. She took a seat in a nearby chair and waited.

With each minute that went by, she felt more and more nervous. She was still battling with herself. Was she doing the right thing? Would she be okay with doing this?

She reached into her purse and pulled out her cellphone. She bit down on her lower lip as she stared at the screen, her finger hovering it.

Suddenly, the door opened and she dropped her phone in surprise. She picked it up quickly.

“Sorry, doctor” she said.

She looked up and froze as she saw the person she had been waiting for.

Kikwang looked down at her and she could do nothing but stare up at him in return. He closed the door after a few seconds. He looked away from her as he looked around the room. Slowly, a smile came across his face, quickly becoming a wide one. He looked at Hyosung once again. She blinked away tears as she finally got her courage back. She cleared .

“A-about time” she stuttered.

Kikwang stared at her and she couldn’t take her eyes away from him. So many emotions flashed in his eyes as he began to walk towards her. He stopped just a few inches from her and he silently sat down next to her. He didn’t give her a warning or anything. He just grabbed her hand.

“Sorry I was late” he voiced.

He turned to her.

“I was scared that this was going to be the other place” he said.

Hyosung glanced around the room. It was clinic…for expectant mothers. There were pictures of babies and posters giving tips on how to take care of the baby that was growing in the womb. She looked down at her lap. When she had texted him last night, she merely texted him the address and a short message telling him to be there at a certain time…because she was scared of going through it by herself. She wanted to give him a surprise…well, at least a good surprise.

The day that she had last seen Kikwang, she had decided once and for all that although her life was a mess right now, she couldn’t blame the person growing inside of her. She would keep the baby, she would raise it and she would, of course, love it. She was just glad that Kikwang had decided to come.

She looked at him.

“I am scared too” she voiced.

“I’m here now” Kikwang replied.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Kikwang stared at the picture in his hands, his smile not faltering a bit. He wasn’t someone to smile over much, but this time it was different. He knew that this was an unexpected event in his life, but he was welcoming to it. After all, he had learned his lesson from his experience with his own father. When Sohee was born, his father might have hidden her away but he didn’t regret her at all.

“Seven weeks” he mumbled.

Beside him, Hyosung looked at the sonogram in his hands.

“Do you think it will be a girl?” she asked.

He thought about it for a while.

“Maybe…” he voiced.

He looked at Hyosung.

“I want a son though” he added.

They laughed a bit before they looked at the picture once more. It was totally real now and it was finally setting in.

“I think you should move in with me.”

Hyosung’s eyes widened as Kikwang turned to look at her face.

“What?” she asked in disbelief.

“Move in with me. I want to make sure you’re taken care of all the time. I want to make sure you are safe.”

Kikwang didn’t back down. He had always been that type of person. He knew what he wanted and he never really could take no for an answer.

“Then what about Hyorin?” Hyosung asked.

Kikwang frowned.

“She can visit” he relented.

Hyosung thought about it. She had always guessed that Kikwang would just come around and check on her and then after the baby was born, they would just share custody.

“I don’t know Kikwang” she finally said.

Kikwang didn’t back down.

“I’ll feel better if you were closer to me.”

Hyosung felt her face get hot and she had to mentally scream at herself to calm down. He was just trying to look after her. Deep down, she had been feeling guilty towards him. She hadn’t been the most cooperative these past few weeks. But after coming to grips with Himchan leaving and with the baby, she decided she owed Kikwang a lot.

She finally sighed and slowly nodded.

“Okay…I’ll give it a try. I’ll move in” she replied.

Kikwang nodded silently to himself but then Hyosung remembered something.

“Wait…you live in a two bedroom apartment.”

They looked at each other. The sight of Kikwang’s nonchalant face made Hyosung blush once more.

“Y-yah!” she screamed, once she finally got the hint.

She would be sharing a room with him. Kikwang almost rolled his eyes.

“What’s the problem…I’ve seen everything.”

Hyosung felt her face get hotter. He looked her up and down and she instinctively crossed her arms across her chest.

“Is it a problem to share a room? Do you want to share a room with Sohee?” he asked.

Although it seemed like the most comfortable idea, Hyosung knew she couldn’t do that to Sohee.

“I’ll share a room with you” she replied in a low voice.

She could tell that Kikwang was grinning. He seemed to enjoy teasing her.

“You won’t regret it” he responded.

He choked down a laugh when she almost choked on her drink.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kikwang should have known…he should have known better by now. Every time that something good happened something bad always followed.

He stared down at the package in front of his apartment door.  He could tell just from looking at it. He clenched his jaw as he bent down and picked it up. He entered into his home and made sure that Sohee wasn’t around before he placed the package on dining table.

It only had one name on it. He tore it open and stared down at the pictures of Sohee. He recognized the pictures. They had been the same ones that he had found in his father’s desk just over a year ago. He looked at the photos and sighed as he took a seat. He buried his head in his hands.

All of them…all of her pictures had her face scratched out.

He wiped his face with his hands and took a deep breath. He stood up and dumped the photos into the kitchen sink. He wasted no time in setting them on fire.

He pulled out his cellphone and dialed a number that he had never forgotten. He waited patiently as it rung. Then suddenly, he heard breathing.

He closed his eyes as he sighed.

“I’ll tell you this only once. If you come near Sohee ever again, I’ll kill you. I swear to you…mother.”

He heard her laugh before she hung up.

Kikwang let out a long breath. He would do anything to protect Sohee. Anything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!! So Hyosung has decided to keep the baby, she is going to move in with Kikwang and now we find out that Kikwang’s father had an affair! Not only that but Kikwang’s mother was involved in Sohee’s trauma?!?!? What exactly happened to Sohee? Can anyone guess??

 

A/N:: Sorry I haven't been very active. But I promise I will be from now on, which means that I will be able to reply to your comments more often from now on. And I will also update earlier from now on. I'd liek to say that the next update will be in a few days...hopefully!!