Consequence

Be With Me

The screams hurt his ears but he kept running towards them. He could feel the fear in his soul as he searched the house for her. She continued to scream and her sobs were even more hurtful to hear. He stopped suddenly as he reached her bedroom. He saw her there and his heart almost stopped at the sight before him. He felt his tears slide down his face.

What had he done?

 

Kikwang’s eyes snapped open and he looked up at the ceiling. He didn’t move but instead shut his eyes tightly. He had been having dreams lately and they were getting more and more horrifying.

“Another dream?”

He opened his eyes and looked over to his bed to see Sohee looking down at him from his bed.

“Yeah” he replied as he finally sat up.

For the past few nights Sohee had been too afraid to sleep by herself and so Kikwang let her sleep in his bed while he slept on the floor.

Sohee frowned.

“Why don’t you tell me?” she asked.

Kikwang shook his head. He could never tell her about the dreams he had. They were all about her…about that night.

“Don’t worry about them” he replied.

He heard her sigh before she plopped back down on his bed. He smiled. She was still a child.

“Oppa….”

“What?”

She turned to look at him.

“Are you sure you don’t want to call dad back?”

She regretted the words as soon as they left . Kikwang clenched his jaw.

“No” he simply said.

He got up from the floor and made his way out of the room. Seconds later, Sohee followed.

“He doesn’t even know where we are. He hasn’t heard from us in so long. He’s probably worried sick” she voiced.

Kikwang stopped in his tracks and turned to look at his sister.

“You think he cares about us?” he countered.

Sohee pouted.

“Before you…he was the only one who cared about me.”

Kikwang looked away from her. Sohee once again regretted her words. She completely forgot…that maybe Kikwang hadn’t forgiven their father for what he had done.

“Call him if you want, but don’t involve me” Kikwang finally replied.

Sohee frowned but didn’t say another word.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hyorin furrowed her eyebrows together.

“Are you sure?” she asked in disbelief.

Hyosung nodded slowly. She was speechless and too in shock to even try to talk.

“I just don’t understand” Hyorin breathed out.

Hyosung opened to speak but nothing came out. Instead, she shoved her head into her hands and sobbed. Hyorin choked back her own tears as she watched her best friend break down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kikwang sighed as he put down his paperwork.

“What is it?”

Sohee smirked as he finally decided to talk to her. She had been staring at him for the past couple of minutes but he was so intent on giving her the silent treatment.

“Dad was happy to hear from me” she said.

Kikwang rolled his eyes.

“Whatever” he replied.

Sohee continued to smile.

“He said he understands why you still refuse to talk to him. He said he will be patiently waiting.”

Kikwang picked up his paperwork once more, ignoring the statement that had been spoken.

The apartment went back to being quiet. He continued to pour himself into his work and Sohee resumed with her own homework.

The sudden sound of the doorbell made them jump. They looked at each other before Kikwang stood up from couch and made his way over to the door. He didn’t bother to ask who it was. He merely swung the door open, shocking the other person.

They stared at each other before he broke the trance.

“Hyosung…” he breathed out.

She looked nervous.

“H-hi” she replied.

“What brings you here?” Kikwang asked.

He wouldn’t lie that seeing her in front of him didn’t please him but he was not about to declare it. He found it weird. They hadn’t seen each other in weeks. The sudden visit raised his suspicions.

“Can I come in?” she asked.

Kikwang stepped aside immediately, allowing her to walk past him. Sohee saw her and smiled.

“Hyosung!!”

They hugged each other briefly. Kikwang closed the door and made his way over. It seemed his presence made Hyosung more jumpy and on edge. She glanced at Sohee before she locked eyes with Kikwang.

“What is it?” he asked, his eyes slowly filling with worry.

He didn’t know why he should be worried but he did. Was she in danger or was she in need of help against something?

Hyosung swallowed as she looked at the two of them. She opened and suddenly gave Kikwang an apologetic look.

“I’m sorry” she breathed out.

Kikwang frowned as he stepped closer to her.

“What is it?” he asked again, his voice now gentle.

He looked into her eyes and he could see her fear. She took a deep breath. There was no other way to say it…

“I’m pregnant” she voiced, her voice cracking.

The room became silent as the news hit them. Sohee was shocked as she looked from Hyosung to Kikwang.

“Pregnant?!” she asked.

She turned to Kikwang and found him looking at Hyosung with a stunned expression.

“Oppa, say something!” Sohee voiced.

She was very confused by what was going on. How could this have happened?

Kikwang finally broke his gaze away from Hyosung and looked to Sohee.

“Get her something to drink” he said.

Sohee didn’t protest and quickly went into the kitchen. Kikwang turned his attention back to Hyosung. She looked at him with wide eyes. He sensed that she was afraid of him right now. Sure, he was very shocked at the moment…but he couldn’t blame her either.

“Keep it” he suddenly said.

It took her by surprise. Hyosung opened to speak but Sohee quickly spoke up.

“You have to keep it!” she pleaded with Hyosung.

The two adults looked at her.

“This isn’t your decision” Kikwang voiced.

He saw the tears in his sister’s eyes.

“But it’s just a baby…it’s not at fault. It didn’t ask for you to make it” she replied.

Kikwang felt his jaw clench at those words. He looked away from her. He looked at Hyosung once more and found her looking at the floor.

“Am I being too selfish?” he asked.

Hyosung looked at him.

“I thought about it” she started.

He waited for her to continue.

“I thought about keeping it…but the thing is…”

She looked away from Kikwang.

“I have a boyfriend now.”

The sudden confession gave him a shock but Kikwang quickly composed himself.

“I see…” he replied.

He turned to look at Sohee. She looked back at him with pleading eyes. This issue was something she took personally…Sohee never asked to be born…but she was…and the things that happened to her along the way were never her fault. The baby in Hyosung’s stomach never asked for this either.

“I want this child…and I have a right to say so” he said.

Hyosung furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

“Yes…I know, but-”

“Your boyfriend will just have to accept that” he cut in.

“Can’t you just hear me out Kikwang?” she countered.

He could feel the anger within him start to rise up.

“If you don’t want this child then just say so” he countered, his voice rising a bit.

“That is not what I’m saying Kikwang! I just want you to know that this could be a problem.”

Kikwang rolled his eyes.

“What problem? It would be my child, not his. He doesn’t have to raise it.”

Hyosung could now feel her anger rising as well.

“He shouldn’t have to watch his girlfriend raise a child with someone else.”

It was then that Kikwang realized what she was truly afraid of. He narrowed his eyes at her.

“So there it is” he said.

She gave him a confused look.

“What?” she asked.

Kikwang smirked and shook his head at her.

“The real problem here…seems to be that you’re afraid that he would leave you.”

Her eyes widened.

“W-what?! No…no it isn’t that.”

“Then what is it?” Kikwang countered.

Hyosung bit her bottom lip. She could feel the tears burning her eyes.

“I don’t know anymore” she finally replied.

She sat down on the couch, her head in her hands. She didn’t know what to do. She was so scared of everything at the moment. She was so scared of being pregnant. She was afraid of what Himchan would think of her and she was afraid of being alone with this. She felt the weight shift next to her and she looked up to see Kikwang sitting next to her. He didn’t look at her, merely opting to look ahead.

He finally sighed and wrapped his arm around her shoulders. He didn’t know what to say in this situation.

“Do you think this happened for a reason?” he asked.

Hyosung looked at him. She didn’t know how to answer it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The glass broke against the wall and Hyosung flinched. She looked at Himchan pleadingly.

“Himchan-”

“How could you?!” he yelled.

He grabbed her shoulders roughly and held her in place as he stared her down. She could see the hurt in his eyes and she bit back her own tears.

“I’m sorry” she cried out.

He let her go immediately, turning his back to her.

“Himchan…please” she sobbed.

He rubbed his face before he turned to look at her once more, this time with tears in his eyes.

“Who is he? Do you love him?! Tell me!”

She shook her head.

“I love you…you know that. But please, just listen to me.”

Himchan placed his hands over his face as he sighed. He took a few deep breaths. Hyosung slowly reached up and pulled his hands away from his face. They looked at each other. After a few seconds, Himchan slowly shook his head.

“I listened already” he replied in a low voice.

Hyosung swallowed as her vision became blurry.

“Please” she begged.

“I just…need to think” he responded.

She brought her own hands up to hide her face. She heard him gather his things. She remained silent until she heard the door open and close. It was then that she sobbed loudly. She wiped her face as she ran out of her home and chased after Himchan.

“Don’t go! Don’t leave me!” she yelled out when she saw him heading to his car.

Himchan stopped but didn’t look back at her.

She could see his shoulders sag but he continued to walk. She watched him go and it was the most painful thing she had ever experienced.

“I’m sorry” she sobbed once more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It’s been a while since I updated, GAAAAAHH! I’m sorry! I was a bit busy these past few weeks but now I seemed to have finally balanced things out in my life. Hopefully I will update once more within a few days. Anway…gah, this chapter. Okay…okay…so I know many of you saw this pregnancy thing coming from a mile away…but I will have more unforeseen surprises coming up mwuahahahahahaha!! I have to be honest, the Himchan and Hyosung relationship moved a bit fast but it was all for the best. I need to get Kisung underway as soon as possible. If this chapter seemed too rushed, I am sorry. I just really wanted to update for you guys. Who else is DYING to know more about Kikwang and Sohee’s problematic woman in their life?! I know I am….hmmm I wonder if more will be revealed in the next chapter….hmmmm….