It Shouldn't Have Happened

Be With Me

There were a lot of things that Hyosung regretted in her life. There were many things in her life that she should have never even considered. But no matter how much she wanted to regret this moment….she didn’t. She wanted to hate herself but oddly enough she felt giddy about what had happened. Their moment was hot and passionate and it was something she needed at the moment. It was still very fresh in her mind.

His hands travelled. They slid down to her hips and she responded by deepening the kiss. She could feel him pulling away but she put her weight onto him and accidently slammed them against the wall. She pulled away a bit, enough so that she could let out a sob. His hands disappeared from her waist and instantly he caressed her face. He wiped the tears away from her face as she shivered from the contact.

She knew what he was going to do and so before he could break her heart as well, she spoke up.

“It’s me who is taking advantage of you…not the other way around.”

Kikwang stared into her eyes. She had never seen eyes that were so deep in color. Her arms tightened and she brought her face closer to his, her lips almost touching his. She stared into his eyes, waiting for a sign to continue.

“I want this…” she whispered.

Her whispered words reached his lips. He didn’t respond and she closed her eyes as she let out a defeated sigh. She pulled away from him as she continued to look into his eyes. He stared back, his eyes searching hers for some sort of reason. Then, as her hands were about to leave his body, he grabbed onto her arm, pulling her back to him. He didn’t waste time in pulling her away from the house.

 Everything was a blur to her until she collapsed on his soft bed. He hovered above her and she giggled as he fumbled with her clothes. She could not recall the last time she felt so serene. He was warm and he made her feel as if she was floating, even if the effects wouldn’t last. His hands were soft against her skin and his kisses were everywhere. For those few hours that she was with him, Kikwang had made her forget her sadness. For that, she would be grateful.

 

Now, as she pushed her hair away from her face and she held the tangled sheets closer to her bare body, she looked at him as he slept. She should be regretting it…she really should. She frowned…any minute now, she would regret it.

She froze as Kikwang stirred in his sleep and she held her breath as he slowly opened his eyes. It took him a minute to fully adjust to the light and when he finally did, he looked at her.

“You’re awake” he simply stated.

Hyosung could almost feel the redness in her face spread to her body. She didn’t trust herself to say anything so she simply nodded. Kikwang sat up slowly, the sheets pooling in his lap. Hyosung looked at him and hid a smile behind her hand. He looked really innocent at the moment with his wide eyes and messy hair. He looked down at her.

“Are you okay?” he asked.

She blinked and looked away from him. They stayed silent for a bit until she finally took in a deep breath and sat up. She held on tightly to the sheets around her body as she turned her head to look at him.

“No” she replied.

“Did you love him?” he asked.

Hyosung nodded as she smiled.

“Did you ever get the chance to tell him?” he asked.

Hyosung thought about the scene she had walked into last night.

“No” she replied.

She sighed and smiled and he saw the sadness in her smile and eyes. Kikwang didn’t say anything and for that she was grateful. They sat in silence until a soft ringtone broke through the silence. Kikwang looked at Hyosung, who looked around the room. It was her ringtone but she had no idea where her phone could be. Kikwang stood up from the bed and Hyosung averted her eyes as she saw his form walk across the room. He found her phone and then tossed it on the bed. Without another word, he made his way to his bathroom and closed the door. Hyosung picked up the phone and checked the missed call. She gasped as she saw multiple missed calls from Hyorin and more shockingly, Himchan.

Her finger hovered over his number but she couldn’t find the strength or courage to call him. With a sigh, she turned her phone off before she stood from Kikwang’s bed and began to get dressed. She had just finished putting on her shirt when the bathroom door opened and Kikwang stepped out in a towel and soaking wet from the shower he had just finished. He looked at her with a smirk.

“I was going to let you take a shower before you left” he voiced.

Hyosung smiled a bit.

“I’m fine” she replied as she straightened her shirt.

She pulled her hair into a messy bun and then picked up her purse. She looked at Kikwang once more. He walked towards her and looked into her eyes.

“Don’t worry, I won’t misunderstand what happened last night. I know you were just looking for comfort. I hope I was able to help.”

Hyosung blushed and nodded.

“More than enough…” she replied.

They shared a moment of silence before Hyosung looked away, her face feeling red.

“I guess I should get going…” she started.

Kikwang walked over to his bedroom door and opened it. They walked out together and it was then that Hyosung seemed to remember something.

“Sohee-” she started but Kikwang quickly cut her off.

“She spent the night at her friend’s house...don’t worry” he replied.

They reached the front door and Kikwang watched as Hyosung put on her shoes before she stood before him once more. She pushed away a stray hair from her face as she shyly looked at him.

“I’ll see you around…yeah?” she said.

Kikwang didn’t reply right away. He had to think about it for a while. In reality, he didn’t want to see her again. He wouldn’t admit it to her but last night had been a great experience for him. He had enjoyed it too much and that could end up causing him trouble.

“Maybe” he finally replied.

She chuckled a bit.

“I get it…but seriously…thanks” she said.

She waved goodbye before she disappeared as she shut the door.  Kikwang, against his better judgment, watched her go, as he looked through the peep hole.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Where did you go?” Hyorin asked as soon as she saw Hyosung walk in.

It had been a long night for Hyorin as she had wondered where her best friend had gone. Hyosung gave Hyorin an apologetic look.

“Sorry…I just had to clear my head” she replied.

Hyorin narrowed her eyes.

“Clear your head? From what? Where did you go? Why didn’t you pick up your phone?”

Hyorin reached out and touched Hyosung’s arm.

“What happened with Himchan?” she asked in a low voice.

Hyosung looked at Hyorin and she could tell instantly that Hyorin had spoken with Himchan.

“Nothing” Hyosung replied.

She made her way further into their apartment.

“Liar…” Hyorin replied as she followed after Hyosung.

Hyosung sighed.

“Fine then…tell me exactly what happened then” she challenged.

Hyorin stepped around Hyosung and looked at her face.

“Himchan was drunk, Hyosung…”

Hyosung rolled her eyes.

“I know” she replied.

Hyorin gave Hyosung a pleading look.

“Hyosung, please listen.”

Hyosung frowned but didn’t say anything.

“Hyosung, I really think you should talk to Himchan.”

Hyosung could feel the familiar sting of tears in her eyes as she shook her head.

“I don’t want to…I can’t. I don’t want to hear his rejection. I just want to forget about it” she replied with a shaky voice.

The two friends looked at each other. Hyorin could see the sadness in Hyosung’s eyes and how much she had been hurt. Hyorin embraced her friend.

“Idiot” she whispered.

Hyosung smiled.

“I know” she replied.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“I want an explanation. Now.”

Hyosung gulped as she stared at Himchan. His eyes were glaring at her right now as he pointed a finger at her. She glanced at the clock on the wall. It was fairly late in the night but yet, there he was in her living room. She looked at Hyorin, who was standing next to the door with a shocked expression. From what Hyosung could gather, Himchan had pushed past Hyorin in order to get into their apartment.

Without waiting, he grabbed Hyosung’s hand and led her to her room. He shut the door behind them and turned to look at her. He sighed as he looked into her eyes.  His intense glare was replaced with worry.

“It’s been over a week. You won’t answer or return my calls. You stopped coming around and even Hyorin refuses to even tell me what you are up to. Why are you ignoring me?” he asked.

Hyosung looked down at her feet. She didn’t want to see his eyes. She didn’t want to keep loving him.

“Yah, talk to me” Himchan voiced.

Hyosung continued to avoid his eyes.

“I’ve been very busy Himchan. Really” she replied.

He scoffed.

“Do you think I’m stupid?” he asked. 

He suddenly placed his hands on her shoulders and she finally looked up at him.

“I didn’t sleep with her, Hyosung” he said.

Her eyes widened.

“W-what are you talking about?” she asked.

“I was drunk. Very drunk and I know that is no excuse but you have to believe me when I say that I didn’t sleep with that chick that night. I just didn’t.”

Hyosung furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

“How did you-”

“Yongguk told me that he saw you running from my room. He went to go check and he walked in on us. She had just finished slapping me because I pushed her away. I told her she wasn’t Hyosung and she flipped.”

Hyosung’s breath caught in . It took her a few seconds to finally react.

“W-what?” she asked.

Himchan finally smiled.

“Idiot…isn’t it obvious?” he asked.

He kissed her lips as softly as he could before he held her close. His hands shifted upwards and cradled her head and neck.

“I like you” he whispered into her ear.

“I want you” he continued.

She felt her arms wrap around him.

“I want no one else but you” he voiced.

She felt the tears fall down her face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kikwang watched as Sohee smiled happily at her phone. She had been permanently glued to her phone since the night of the party a few weeks ago. He continued to look at her until she looked up and caught him looking.

“Jiyong” she instantly said.

The word alone put him at ease.

“Ah” he simply said before he looked down at his paper work.

Sohee watched him work and she gripped her phone tightly.  She should tell him about the text she had received earlier but she didn’t want him to worry…but he would be angry if she didn’t tell him.

“Kikwang...I have something that I want to talk to you about.”

The tone in her voice instantly made Kikwang look up. He put down his pen.

“Tell me” he replied.

There was silence until Sohee slid her phone across the table. It bumped into his knuckles. Kikwang looked up.

“What?” he asked.

Sohee looked down and began to fiddle with her hands.

“I wanted to tell you earlier…but I was afraid.”

He was instantly at full alert.

“Did she-”

Sohee nodded.

Kikwang immediately snatched up the phone and Sohee flinched, something that went unnoticed by him. He searched her call logs and the text messages and froze when he saw a familiar number on the screen.

“How?” he asked.

Sohee shook her head.

“I really don’t know” she said in a low voice.

Kikwang frowned as he glared at the screen. Finally, after minutes of glaring, he finally opened the message.

‘I’ll find you…’

Kikwang gripped the phone tightly. He felt the anger beginning to boil under his skin. He let out a noise that could only be described as a growl before he let the phone plop down on the table. Sohee kept her head down. It took a few minutes but when Kikwang finally calmed down, he placed his hand on Sohee’s head.

“It’s fine” he said in a soft tone.

He could hear her sniffle softly and he instantly hated himself.

“I won’t let her come near you, never again” he voiced.

“I’m scared. What if she finds me? What if she gets to me before you can?” she asked.

Kikwang placed his hands on her shoulders and gripped them tightly.

“That won’t happen. I will protect you with my life. I won’t let that woman come near you anymore. You know I’m prepared to do anything for you. Just stay near me, okay? Tomorrow, I’ll change your number and I will take you to school from now on.”

Sohee reached out and hugged him tightly. He patted her head while he tried to calm her down. He held her close. He felt her tremble a bit.

“I’m sorry” he whispered as he held her closer.

“I know” Sohee replied.

But even though he always said those words to her, she never blamed him. She pulled away from him and looked at his face.

“Oppa…”

He couldn’t help but smile.

“What?” he asked.

“You know I don’t blame you…right?”

His smile faltered. He looked down.

“Yeah…” he replied.

Sohee playfully hit his head. He looked at her, frowning when she started crying again. Through her tears, she smiled.

“Oppa! You are the only who cares about me so of course I could never hate you. Stop being like this! Stop blaming yourself for what that woman did. I don’t blame you and I never will.”

She was fully crying now and Kikwang could nothing but nod. He let her cry until she could no longer cry anymore. Once Sohee calmed down, Kikwang finally let himself smile widely.

“You brat…you always get your way” he voiced.

Sohee giggled.

“Oppa, I think you should go out more…and maybe find Hyosung.”

Kikwang’s eyes widened.

“Yah…” he started.

“I know you brought her back here” she teased.

Kikwang rolled his eyes. He could never keep secrets from her.

“Listen, that’s not going to happen” he replied.

Sohee sighed and frowned. Of course he would say that.

“Okay” she replied.

She looked at him, her eyes staring into his. Kikwang raised an eyebrow.

“She asked about you today” she suddenly said with a wicked smile.

Kikwang picked up his pen.

“Don’t you have homework to do?” he asked as he tilted his head to her own pile of paperwork.

She pouted and quickly returned to doing her homework. When Kikwang was sure that she couldn’t see his face, he grinned. The thought of Hyosung actually asking about him made him a bit happy, to be quite honest. It had been almost three weeks since he saw her.

Even though he knew better and even though he told himself to not overthink things, he had often found himself thinking about the woman known as Hyosung. No doubt she was beautiful and had a body to die for but oddly enough, for him, that was something that didn’t interest him. He had seen such a vulnerable side to her that night and that seemed to leave a deep impression with him. He would be lying if he said that he would never spend another night with her. In reality, he has woken up for the past few days and looked over to the empty side of his bed, wishing she was there.

And this…this bothered him greatly. He didn’t want to think about her and he didn’t want to see her. He had made a mistake and he should have never held her close to him or even trailed his hands along her soft body. He should have never enjoyed the taste of or the sounds she breathed into his skin and ears.

But he did and he wanted to enjoy those things once again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I have no idea if this is actually helping the story NOT become confusing…hmmmm. But anyways!! Oh snap! Things are finally happening!! So now we find out that Sohee is afraid of a woman in their lives, Kikwang is lusting after Hyosung and Hyosung finally got what she wanted, which was Himchan. How can I possibly twist this all around and ruin everyone’s lives?? Find out in the next chapter!!