Collision

Be With Me

Kikwang sighed for what seemed like the millionth time. He continued to stare at the ceiling of his room. His mind was completely occupied lately with things he didn’t want to remember. Months had passed but the thoughts were still there and so was the pain.

He closed his eyes momentarily and listened to the soft sounds coming from outside his room. With a final sigh, Kikwang finally stood up from his bed and made his way out of his room.  He didn’t waste time in heading into the room that was next to his. He opened the door slowly and peeked inside. He smiled as he saw Sohee sleeping soundly in her bed. When she slept, she seemed liked a peaceful child which was not the case when she was awake and able to talk nonstop. He made his way over to her bed and sat on the edge. With his back to her, he frowned.  Sometimes he didn’t know what to do with her and other times; he hated himself because of what he had taken her away from. He wanted to protect her at all costs but it was hard. Their recent troubles had almost shattered the bonds between them.

Kikwang peeked over his shoulder at her, making sure that Sohee was still asleep.  

“I’m sorry” he whispered.

He really was.

He reached out and poked her cheek very lightly.

“Don’t hate me…okay?” he asked.

Sohee stirred a bit but did not awaken. Kikwang grinned.

“Ya…chipmunk, get up.”

He said it in a low voice, obviously not meaning to wake her up. He continued to look at the young girl.

“I’ll make it up to you…I promise.”

With a deep breath, he grabbed her shoulder and shook her awake. A few seconds passed before Sohee opened her eyes. She squinted against the brightness of the room and rolled over in her bed.

“It’s Saturday” she mumbled in a groggy voice.

“So?” he countered.

“Let me sleep” she replied.

“It’s late” he responded.

He did his best not to laugh at the way she looked. Her long hair was tangled up in knots and he could tell that she went to sleep late because of the bags under her eyes.

“Ya…you have a party to get ready for.”

At the mention of the party, she instantly bolted up and rubbed her eyes. She looked at Kikwang with hopeful eyes.

“You really are taking me?” she asked.

Kikwang tried his best to not smile but he failed.

“Yeah” he replied with a small smile.

He ruffled her hair.

“I know how important this party is going to be” he replied.

Sohee blushed as she realized what Kikwang meant.

“Hey…do you think Jiyong could ever like me?” she asked.

Kikwang rolled his eyes.

“Crap...” he mumbled.

The last thing he wanted to do was have this type of conversation.

“What?” Sohee asked as she pouted.

Kikwang shook his head.

“Nothing…” he replied.

He stood up from her bed and walked towards the door. Without turning around, he stopped just outside the room.

“I’ll beat him up for you if he doesn’t like you.”

Sohee smiled as she watched Kikwang walk away from her room. She knew he was trying to be strong just for her but she also knew that she still had a lot of work to do before she could open him up completely. She just wanted Kikwang to start forgiving himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Hyosung…are you even listening to me?”

Hyosung snapped her eyes up and blinked at the sight of her friend.

“What?” she asked.

Hyorin rolled her eyes as she pouted.

“Did you even hear a single word that I said?” she asked.

Hyosung gave her an apologetic look.

“I’m sorry Hyorin. I was just thinking about some other things” Hyosung replied.

“Himchan” Hyorin corrected.

Hyosung smiled.

“Okay, fine…yes I was thinking about him.”

Hyorin shook her head.

“Seriously, why do I even bother with you?”

Hyosung smiled widely.

“Because you love me and because you are my best friend” Hyosung replied.

They laughed together. But all too soon, things became seriously.

“Hyosung…about Himchan…”

Hyosung looked at Hyorin and she could see the worry in Hyorin’s eyes.

“You don’t have to tell me. I know…” Hyosung replied.

Hyorin frowned a bit.

“You can’t keep beating around the bush with this. You need to be fully honest with him. You need to tell him your feelings!”

Hyosung sighed as she glanced briefly out of the café window.

“I want to tell him…tonight at the party.”

Hyorin’s eyes widened but she said nothing. Hyosung bit her lower lip.

“I really love him…and I want to be with him.”

She frowned.

“I need to know how he feels about me too.”

Hyorin took in a small breath.

“And if he doesn’t-”

“I don’t know” Hyosung cut in before Hyorin could finish her sentence.

Hyorin took the hint and immediately changed the subject. They didn’t mention Himchan again until they were suddenly in front of his home, a few hours later. Hyorin spared Hyosung a nervous glance.

“Just speak from your heart” Hyorin advised.

Hyosung gulped as she looked at her friend with horrified eyes.

“That’s all you have to say?” she asked.

Hyorin shrugged her shoulders.

“Come on” Hyorin said.

She grabbed Hyosung’s arm and began dragging her inside to where the party was at. The house was full of people and the music was blasting. Yet, even though the house was full of people, Hyosung spotted Himchan right away. As if sensing that he was being looked at, he turned around and smiled widely as he spotted her too.

“You made it!” he yelled over the music.

“It seems we were a bit late” Hyosung replied as she glanced around.

Himchan laughed, shaking his head.

“You are right on time” he replied.

Hyosung felt her face get hot as she heard those words. Not to mention that Himchan was directly looking into her eyes.

“Listen…can I talk-” Hyosung began.

“Himchan!! Come here, we need another player!!”

From across the room, Hyosung saw Yongguk, Himchan’s brother, waving him over. Himchan signaled for Yongguk to wait for just a bit before he turned his attention back to Hyosung.

“You wanted to talk to me about something?” he asked.

She quickly shook her head.

“N-no! I mean…it can wait. Go have fun. I will just talk to you later.”

She felt a sharp jab in her side but she forced herself to keep smiling.

“Okay…I promise we will talk later” Himchan replied before he made his way over to his friends.

Once he was gone, Hyosung let out a grunt of pain.

“What was that for?” she hissed at Hyorin.

“Ya! Are you stupid?! You had him right where you wanted him and you just let him go?! Aish!!”

Hyosung frowned as Hyorin continued her rant.

“I don’t want to ruin his night” Hyosung mumbled.

Hyorin sighed in frustration but she spared Hyosung an understanding look.

“Fine…then let’s enjoy the party. Do you want something to drink?”

Hyosung shook her head.

“You go ahead. I’m going to see who else is here” she replied.

It took a while but Hyosung had finally managed to get Hyorin to go out and have fun. Hyosung, on the other hand, began to walk around the party, trying to see what could occupy her mind for the time being.

“Hyosung!”

Hyosung stopped in her tracks and turned around, smiling when she saw Sohee running up to her.

“Oh, you made it!” Hyosung said once Sohee reached her.

Sohee nodded enthusiastically and Hyosung laughed. She knew why the girl was so excited. She knew all about Sohee’s crush on Jiyong, Hyosung’s younger cousin.

“Is he here?” Sohee asked as she looked around.

“I think he is in the kitchen” Hyosung replied.

Sohee bit her lower lip, her nervous eyes looking over to the kitchen area. By the way she stiffened; Hyosung could tell that Sohee had spotted her target.

“Why do you go over there?” Hyosung asked.

Sohee almost frowned.

“I brought company” she replied.

Hyosung raised an eyebrow but she didn’t get to ask because right then, a man walked into the room and made his way directly to Sohee. Hyosung couldn’t help but look at him and she wasn’t alone. Almost every girl in the room was doing the same.

“There you are” he said.

Hyosung’s eyebrows shot up. Was Sohee with him? What about Jiyong? As if Sohee could tell what Hyosung was thinking, she immediately shock her head.

“Hyosung, this is Kikwang. He’s my brother.”

Kikwang looked up from Sohee and locked eyes with the woman in front of him. He recognized her immediately. He felt Sohee nudge his arm.

“Don’t be rude” she hissed.

Kikwang could tell Hyosung didn’t know what to say so he offered his hand.

“I’m Lee Kikwang, nice to meet you.”

Though his tone was less than friendly, Hyosung placed her hand in his and they shook hands.

“Nice to meet you, I’m Jun Hyosung.”

As Hyosung introduced herself, her eyes wandered over to Sohee. If she remembered correctly, Sohee’s last name happened to be Ahn.

“I’m going to say hi to my friends” Sohee stated as she gave Kikwang a discreet look.

He caught on fast and nodded.

“Don’t drink and come find me once you’re ready to leave” he said.

With a nod, Sohee was off. Kikwang watched her go before he turned his attention back to Hyosung. She showed him a nervous smile and he felt the corner of his mouth go up.

“She’s my half-sister” he replied, shocking Hyosung.

“O-oh…” she replied with a small blush.

Was it really that obvious that she was thinking about how they could be siblings when they had different names?

“Sorry” she said.

Kikwang shook his head.

“It’s alright. We usually don’t have to explain. She never takes me anywhere” he joked.

Hyosung laughed, causing Kikwang to grin. Who was this woman? He never usually laughed or grinned with anyone aside from Sohee.

“She never mentioned having a brother…so it threw me off.”

Kikwang nodded in understanding.

“I could understand why” he mumbled.

Hyosung frowned.

“I didn’t mean anything-”

“No it’s okay. I just meant that I’m not that friendly with people. She is just looking out for me.”

Hyosung looked Kikwang over and he caught her.

“You look friendly to me” she retorted.

He looked at her, staring at her until she looked away from him.

“I have the ability to be nice” he finally said.

For some reason, she blushed. She looked around, trying to find Himchan. She hadn’t seen him for a while.

“Looking for someone?” Kikwang asked.

By now, he was leaning up against the wall, something that Hyosung thought really suited him. She hesitated for a bit before she took a deep breath.

“Actually…yes. I’m looking for someone….”

Kikwang raised an eyebrow.

“A guy” he confirmed.

Hyosung let out a nervous laugh as she nodded. He managed a smile. He could tell that she was trying to find a way to manage to get away and look for this man.

“I hope you find him.”

They looked at each other.

“I need a smoke…so excuse me.”

Hyosung opened to say something but she quickly closed it as Kikwang turned away from her and made his way outside. She sighed at the thought that maybe she had pushed him away. But she started moving along the house, searching for Himchan before she could lose the sudden courage she had developed. She asked random people but no one seemed to have seen him. Right when she was about to give up, she saw him off in the distance. She saw him stumble into his room and she followed. She smiled as she neared the room.

“Himchan, I finally found you” she said.

She opened the door but froze immediately as she saw the two bodies on the bed. Even in the darkness, she could make out Himchan laying in the bed and a woman she had never seen before straddling him. The woman looked at her, a sickening smile on her face.

“Um…could you close the door?” she asked innocently.

Hyosung was speechless as she watched Himchan begin to sit up. He didn’t even acknowledge her as she began to kiss the woman’s neck.

Hyosung let out a gasp as she slammed the door shut. Instantly the tears ran down her face and she ran away with all her might. She bumped into people but she continued on until she was finally outside, where she let out a sob. She stumbled and crashed into the side wall of the house where she finally fell onto her knees, burying her face into her hands. She cried as the image of Himchan and that woman flashed in her mind.

“Hyosung?”

She ignored the person calling her and instead continued to cry.

“Hyosung.”

She felt the hands grab her arms and she finally looked up to find Kikwang looking at her.

“Why are you crying?” he asked in a sharp tone.

She could see his mouth move but she couldn’t hear the words he was speaking. She watched as his mouth continued to move and something took over her. She didn’t know if it was because she was heartbroken or because he had reached out to her but Hyosung couldn’t fight the overwhelming sensation that she felt. And so she followed her instinct and she reached out, her hands landing on his chest as she pushed herself up and kissed him.

At first, he pulled away but she held on.

“Please” she pleaded in a whisper.

After that, he didn’t fight and he didn’t push her away. He brought her closer to him and she willingly let herself get lost in her turmoil and her pain. She didn’t want to think about anything at the moment. She just wanted to feel wanted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Annnnnnnd CUT!!! Hello my lovely readers! Did you enjoy the latest update?? Still not moving at a fast enough pace?? Well…I’m sorry…DON’T LEAVE ME!! *clings to your legs*

Ahem…well things will get all out of control very, very, very soon. I know the story is confusing but trust me, things will make sense soon. I just hope you guys aren’t bored yet. I just hope I don’t end up making a huge mess out of this story. But I would like to thank everyone who have subscribed and commented. Please continue to do those things! I love subscribers and I love comments! And of course, I love you *blush*…do you love me??? *awkward silence* LOL! Until the next update (which I hope will be up in just a few days)