Chapter 7

Turned

 

The stranger’s lips twitched. “Ah, so you two already know each other. I’m not surprised. He’s the reason you’re here, after all.”

Sehun’s gaze snapped to the stranger. “What do you mean?”

“Oh, it isn’t important. What is important is me. You don’t know who I am yet.” The stranger gave Sehun a little mock bow, then straightened up, red eyes flashing in amusement. “My name’s Minseok. I’m the oldest of the purebloods.”

Sehun stared at Minseok. He was still trying to come to terms with seeing Zitao in this situation, so when he spoke his voice was shaky. “I’ve... heard of you. You’re the weakest of the purebloods.”

Minseok’s lips twitched again, but in irritation or amusement Sehun wasn’t sure. “So they say.”

“Why did you save me?” Sehun asked. “Aren’t you with the other pack?”

“Yes, I suppose I am. But it didn’t seem right, letting little baby Zitao kill you. I’m sure he’d never be able to live with the guilt, especially now that I know you two have met. Then again,” Minseok added, half to himself. “He might not remember that.”

Sehun glared at Minseok. “Does that mean you’re going to kill me instead?”

Minseok laughed. Sehun was so surprised he actually jumped a little.

“Kill you? Didn’t you hear me before? I’ve been working hard to keep you alive. Which, again, is difficult when you go looking for trouble.”

“You’re really not going to hurt me?” Sehun asked sceptically.

Minseok grinned. “Now I didn’t say that, did I?”

Sehun tensed, eyes glued to Minseok, waiting for a threatening movement, a sign to run. Minseok kept grinning at him for a moment, then he started laughing again.

“Relax, would you? You’re safe for now.”

“Why should I trust you? You’re a pureblood.”

“That’s just plain racist. Luhan’s a pureblood, and you don’t seem to mind that at all. You were more than happy to come running when I gave you the chance to see him. Though you didn’t make very good use of that, in the end.”

Sehun’s eyes widened in realization. Minseok had been the one to send him that text about meeting up with Luhan, as well as the text earlier at the club. With that information, everything clicked into place.

“You’re the one who gave me back my cellphone.” Sehun said, then taking it a step further as he realized it was true: “You’re the one who stole my cellphone.”

“True, but as you said, I gave it back, so no hard feelings.”

“But why would you do that?” Sehun demanded, “Why are you doing any of this?”

“That’s the question, isn’t it? Unfortunately, we don’t have time to get into that. I saved you so you can do something for me, but you need to know a few things first.”

“I’m not doing anything for a pureblood.”

“Still playing the pureblood card, are we? Ok, in that case, let me point out that the person you’re living with right now – the one who’s training you and taking care of you, who you seem to trust completely – is also a pureblood. Plus, he hasn’t saved you near as much as I have, even if you don’t know it.”

“Wait.” Sehun said. “Are you trying to say that –”

“Yes, I’m saying he’s a pureblood.” Minseok rolled his eyes, seemingly to himself. “Goddamn Yifan, if he hadn’t ordered me not to say his name...”

“Junmyeon?” Sehun asked shakily, unable to believe it.

Minseok snapped his fingers and pointed at Sehun. “Yes! Ah, it’s been awhile since I heard his name out loud. I’d probably still be able to say it myself, if I hadn’t kept goading Yifan. Not like I could help it though. Our leader doesn’t have many sore spots, so I’ve got to take advantage.”

Sehun didn’t understand half of what Minseok was saying. He was too wrapped up in all this new information. Zitao was a wolf, Minseok was the mysterious guy who’d been texting him, and Junmyeon was a pureblood.

Sehun couldn’t understand it. Junmyeon couldn’t be a pureblood. From what he’d heard of them, they were power-hungry with superiority complexes. Junmyeon wasn’t like that at all. He was the opposite, caring and humble and kind.

“What, already too much to take in?” Minseok asked, right in front of Sehun.

Sehun started, shocked to find Minseok crouched right in front of him. He’d been so distracted, he hadn’t seen Minseok move.

“Let’s get down to business, shall we? Before he wakes up.” Minseok nodded behind him, to Zitao. “First off, how much did Luhan tell you about his impending mating?”

“Not much.” Sehun said, annoyed with himself again when his voice came out weak. He didn’t feel like this around Luhan, so why was he like this with Minseok? Why was he cowering?

“Of course.” Minseok muttered, rolling his eyes. “Really, Luhan could be more helpful. It’s his fault we’re in this mess. Anyway, the mating. It’s going to happen on the blue moon, in a week. Yifan had to wait until then, because a mating ceremony can only take place on a special occasion, aka a blue moon. Do you want to know why it’s such a big deal?”

Sehun blinked at Minseok.

“Yes. Yes you do want to know. Ok, I’ll keep going. Glad you’re so inquisitive. See, a leader can command the rest of their pack. You know that already. Jun- Him, your pack leader, could command you guys if he wanted, but he chooses not to. Yifan’s not so nice. But only we, his pack members, have to worry about it. When a pureblood pack leader mates with another pureblood, he gets the power to command every wolf in his territory. Which means that if he mates with Luhan, you guys are going to have to worry about him too. Everyone will. He’ll be unstoppable. Do you understand that?”

Sehun understood most of it. He understood the part where Luhan was being forced to mate with a guy who would become all-powerful the moment it happened.

Numbly, Sehun nodded.

“Good boy.” Minseok reached out and patted Sehun’s head. Sehun pulled away, shocked, which only made Minseok chuckle. “Alright, so now that you know the problem, here’s how I want you to fix it. You have to run away with Luhan.”

Sehun stared at Minseok. “Uh... what?”

Minseok dragged a hand over his face, looking tired. “You have to run away with him. Leave the city. And then, on the blue moon, you two have to mate. It’s the only way to keep Yifan from gaining all that power.”

“Wait. What. Mate? We have to... what?”

“You’re kind of slow, aren’t you?”

Sehun almost didn’t hear Minseok. “How would we... how do wolves mate?”

“How do any animals mate?” Minseok asked.

Sehun reddened.

“Oh, c’mon.” Minseok said. “Don’t act modest now. I know you guys almost did it, a couple of times.”

Sehun reddened even more. “How do you know that?!”

“Uh, because I set up one of your meetings? Don’t be so surprised. You’ll find I know a lot of stuff you’d think I wouldn’t know. Now, I’ll organize everything, so just stick to my plan when the time comes and follow my directions, understand?”

“To run off with Lu... with Luhan?”

“Yes. What’s so hard to understand about this? Honestly.”

“No, it’s just...” Sehun frowned. “Why me? Shouldn’t it be Jongin running off with him?”

Minseok frowned right back at him, equally confused. “Why would it be Jongin?”

“Because Jongin’s the one he wanted to turn.” Sehun glared at Minseok, suddenly angry that he had to say it aloud. “I thought you said you knew everything.”

“I said I know a lot you’d think I wouldn’t. That’s hardly everything. Ah, but I do know what you’re talking about.” Minseok his chin. “Yes, I guess he should go too.”

“You mean instead.”

“No, I mean too. If you stay in the city, Yifan will have you killed. No matter what Jongin and Luhan end up doing once they’re outside the city, you have to go too. Unless you’d rather die than be a third wheel?”

Sehun went to clench his hands, but only ended up scraping his nails off the concrete. He wasn’t intimidated by Minseok anymore, not now that he was angry. Luhan and Jongin had become one of his least favourite topics, and to have it referenced so flippantly made his blood boil.

Minseok tilted his head to the side, examining Sehun. This lasted a moment, then Minseok gave a small, almost unnoticeable nod to himself, and got up.

Wiping off his jeans, Minseok said. “I’ll text you with the details later.”

“If Yifan has to mate with a pureblood to get all this power,” Sehun demanded, “Why doesn’t he just use you?”

Minseok flashed his super sharp canines at Sehun in a grin. “Because the mate of the leader is just as powerful as the leader himself. The mate can control every wolf. The only wolf that can control the mate is the leader.”

“So? He’d still be able to control you.”

“That’s the thing, isn’t it? He can command me now, and he still can’t control me. I’m just too clever for him, and he knows it.” Minseok seemed to sober a bit, his smile dropping. “The only choice left is Luhan.”

“What about Junmyeon?” Sehun asked. He didn’t want Yifan to target Junmyeon, but he didn’t understand why it had to be Luhan.

“Like I said, Luhan is the only choice left.” Minseok jutted his chin down the alley. “Now get out of here. Tell Jongin about the plan to run off with Luhan if you want, but say it’s your plan. If he asks where you found out about the mating ceremony, tell him you overheard something at the club tonight, after you guys separated. Whatever you do, don’t mention me.” Minseok caught Sehun’s gaze, and his eyes turned blood red. “Don’t mention me to anyone.”

Under Minseok’s gaze, Sehun got up and started unsteadily down the alley. Even though Minseok wasn’t a leader, and wasn’t even in his pack, it had still felt to Sehun like an unbreakable command.



Sehun was halfway to the apartment, walking down the sidewalk in a kind of stupor, when he heard someone calling his name. Glancing up, he found Chanyeol running towards him.

“Sehun, are you alright?” Chanyeol asked, when he was in front of him. “How did you esca-”

Chanyeol cut himself off, an odd look on his face. He leaned in to Sehun a bit and... sniffed him?

Sehun remembered how Chanyeol was the best with scents. Would the scent of Zitao and, more importantly, Minseok, be on his clothing?

After a moment, Chanyeol pulled back, shaking his head to himself. “Sorry, I thought... Never mind, let’s get you back to the apartment. You’re bleeding.”

“I am..?” Sehun followed Chanyeol’s gaze to his arm, which bore a freshly bleeding claw mark. He must have gotten it during the scuffle with Zitao. No wonder the people on the street had been giving him weird looks.

Chanyeol helped Sehun back to the apartment, not asking anymore questions. He took out his phone at one point, explaining to Sehun as he texted: “I’m letting the others know I found you. Junmyeon and Baekhyun are out looking for you too, but we split up, just in case there was an ambush when we got there. Jongin’s back at the apartment with Kyungsoo.”

“Is he ok?” Sehun asked, even though he had been the one attacked.

“Yeah, more or less. He’s a little... I don’t know, spooked? I guess it makes sense, since he had to leave you like that. He must be really worried.”

Sehun nodded and didn’t say anything else till they reached the apartment. He was still going over all the information Minseok had given him, trying to figure out what he should do about it.

He believed Minseok. At least, he kind of did, about the whole mating thing and Yifan gaining all that power. But he still didn’t trust the pureblood. Sure, Minseok had saved him from Zitao, and sent him that text to try and get him out of the club, but that didn’t mean the wolf didn’t have his own agenda. If anything, Minseok had admitted to that.

If Sehun wanted to stop Yifan though, what choice did he have but to follow Minseok’s plan?

When they reached the apartment, Junmyeon and Baekhyun still hadn’t returned. Kyungsoo and Jongin were inside, sitting on the couch, talking quietly. Kyungsoo glanced up when he heard the door open. His eyes shot immediately to Sehun’s arm, and then he was patting the spot next to him. “Come here and I’ll patch you up.”

Sehun obeyed, going to the couch. There was a bunch of medical supplies laid out on the coffee table, which Kyungsoo started to take from after assessing Sehun’s wound.

“I expected something might happen, after what Jongin said.” Kyungsoo explained, nodding to the pile of supplies. “Were you hurt anywhere else?”

“I don’t think so.” Sehun said, looking past Kyungsoo to Jongin. Chanyeol had mentioned thinking he was really worried, but Jongin hadn’t even looked at Sehun since he came in. He seemed lost in his own world.

“What happened?” Kyungsoo asked Chanyeol, as he wrapped a gauze around Sehun’s arm.

Chanyeol looked searchingly to Sehun, who said. “I managed to get away.”

“You did?” Kyungsoo sounded surprised. “Jongin said you were attacked by one of the other pack in wolf form. It’s usually hard to escape something like that, especially while in human form.”

“Yeah, well I... when I could get away, I just ran. He followed me, but I ran out to the sidewalk and he sort of, uh, stopped.”

Sehun didn’t know if it was a convincing story. He certainly didn’t think it sounded like one, and Kyungsoo was giving him a sceptical look, as if it didn’t make sense.

“Was the sidewalk busy?” Chanyeol suddenly asked. “If there were a lot of people, that would explain it. The other pack wouldn’t risk blowing their cover.”

“Yeah.” Sehun said, grateful Chanyeol had unknowingly given him a way out. “There were a lot of people, going to the club.”

The scepticism drained from Kyungsoo’s face, and he checked the bandage once more. “You’re good, I think. Do you know what wolf it was?”

“Sehun doesn’t know the other pack.” Chanyeol said, almost quickly. Then he added. “Except for Jongdae. Was it him?”

Sehun was about to answer when he noticed Jongin watching him, suddenly attentive.

“It was Luhan,” Jongin said, “Wasn’t it?”

Sehun snapped his mouth shut. Why would Jongin think it was Luhan?

“Why do you say that?” Kyungsoo asked. “Did you recognize him?”

“I think... maybe. I just thought I caught Luhan’s scent, for a second there, in the alley.”

Sehun gripped the couch cushions below him, but no one realized his sudden tension. Luhan’s scent must have stuck to him, after he’d been in his room and after they’d kissed. That was why Jongin thought the wolf was Luhan. And that was probably why Chanyeol had thought he’d caught a scent off him earlier.

“I don’t know what wolf it was.” Sehun said. He couldn’t tell Jongin it was Zitao, because that would give away what had happened with Minseok. He wasn’t even sure if he wanted to tell Jongin. He was friends with Zitao too, after all. Maybe it was better, for now, if he didn’t know what had happened to their friend.

“You don’t know?” Jongin asked. “So it could have been Luhan?”

“No, Sehun would have-” Kyungsoo started to say, then clamped his mouth shut, remembering too late Jongin didn’t know.

“Sehun would have what?” Jongin asked, confused.

Luckily, that was when the apartment door opened and Junmyeon and Baekhyun came in. Spotting Sehun, Junmyeon looked extremely relieved. Even Baekhyun seemed glad, which surprised Sehun.

“Are you alright?” Junmyeon asked, to which Sehun nodded.

“What happened?” This, from Baekhyun, frowning. “How did you get away?”

Sehun repeated his story, adding in the part about the busy sidewalk this time. Baekhyun looked even more sceptical than Kyungsoo had, but Junmyeon accepted the story, so no more was said about it.

“You weren’t followed?” Baekhyun asked, but he seemed to direct the question more to Chanyeol.

“We weren’t. I couldn’t even pick up any scents but Sehun’s when I found him.”

Sehun glanced at Chanyeol. So was he not mentioning the scent he thought he’d picked up, or did he really think he’d imagined that?

“Good.” Baekhyun said to Chanyeol, then glaring at Sehun. “You know you’re an idiot right? Why would you go back to the place where you were bitten?!”

“It was my idea.” Jongin said. “Sehun just came along.”

Sehun would have preferred Jongin phrased that as ‘dragged along’, but he’d owned up, so that would have to be enough.

“Your idea?” Baekhyun demanded, then his eyes widened in realization. “This didn’t have to do with Luhan, did it?”

Jongin wouldn’t meet Baekhyun’s eyes. “So what if it did?”

“Are you kidding?!” Baekhyun exploded. “You two could have been captured tonight! What’s more than that, you could have been killed! Sehun definitely would have been if not for his dumb luck!”

Jongin looked regretfully at Sehun, then said. “We’ll have a better plan next time.”

“You still want to rescue that dirty pureblood?!” Baekhyun’s attention snapped to Sehun. “Just tell him already! Before you both get killed! He needs to know that Luhan’s just like every other pureblood!”

“Baekhyun.” Junmyeon said, a slight waver in his voice as he placed his hand on Baekhyun’s shoulder. “That’s enough.”

Baekhyun shook him off. “Of course it isn’t! It’s not enough until Sehun tells Jongin exactly what his precious little pureblood is really like!”

“Sehun?” Jongin asked, “What’s he talking about?”

“Well? Are you going to tell him or not?!”

Both Baekhyun and Jongin were looking at Sehun, but he couldn’t return either of their gazes. He gripped his knees until his knuckles turned white, glaring at the carpet. This whole day had been a disaster. He’d thought he’d finally been achieving some normality in this crazy situation, but now everything was going wrong.

“Fine.” Baekhyun said. “If you won’t tell him, I will.”

“Aren’t you going too far?” Chanyeol asked Baekhyun, giving his friend a disapproving look. 

Baekhyun returned it with a glare. “You’re one to talk.”

Chanyeol’s disapproval immediately changed to shame and he looked away. For a moment, Baekhyun almost looked regretful, like he wanted to take his words to Chanyeol back. Then he steadied his glare, turning it again to Sehun. “What’s it going to be?”

“I’ll tell him.” Sehun said, mouth dry.

Baekhyun gave a single, sharp nod and waited. It took Sehun a moment to steel his resolve and look at Jongin, who was still watching him with confusion. Sehun suddenly wished he’d told Jongin earlier, sometime when they were alone. He didn’t want to upset him in front of all the others.

“Hurry up.” Baekhyun said, earning a glare from both Kyungsoo and Junmyeon.

“Let him take his time.” Junmyeon said. “You’ve put him in a difficult situation.”

“He’s put himself in a difficult situation.” Baekhyun said, but not as forcefully as before. He finally seemed to feel bad, under Junmyeon’s disapproving look and tone.

“No.” Jongin said, eyes still locked with Sehun. “I want him to hurry too. Sehun, what is it? What do you know about Luhan that I don’t?”

The way Jongin phrased the question surprised Sehun, because it sounded almost defensive. As if Jongin thought he knew everything about Luhan, or should at least be the one to know everything. He made it sound like it was unimaginable that Sehun would know something he didn’t.

Suddenly, Sehun was annoyed. If Jongin had known everything in the first place, that Luhan was a wolf and a pureblood, then neither of them would be here.

“Luhan bit me.” Sehun said.

Jongin stared at him, uncomprehending. “But you said you didn’t remember-”

“I lied.”

“Why would you lie about that?”

“Because I thought it would make it easier for you, thinking the guy who’d turned you was good. But Baekhyun’s right. You need to know what Luhan’s really like. He bit me, the night before he bit you. As practice.”

When he said this, the rest of the pack looked at him, startled.

“You heard us talking about that.” Junmyeon said, not a question.

“Yeah, you guys could have tried being a bit more quiet if you didn’t want me to know. Super hearing now, right?” Sehun gestured to his ears, then continued, talking to Jongin. “Luhan bit me so that he’d get it right when he bit you. Then he left me alone the first night I turned, to go bite you and be with you. I was on my own for all that pain and confusion, because I was just practise. That was it. Luhan used me and abandoned me to be with you.”

Jongin stared at Sehun, too shocked for words. Sehun didn’t want to stick around to hear what he had to say though. He was suddenly mad at Jongin, for introducing him to the club and Luhan. He was mad at Baekhyun, too, for making him tell Jongin everything. He was mad at the others for not intervening. He was just mad, and he wanted to be alone.

It felt like he hadn’t been alone in forever, and Sehun was used to being alone.

Getting up, Sehun started for the door. “I’m going for a walk.”

“I’ll go with you.” Chanyeol said.

“I want to be alone.”

“It’s not safe alone.” Junmyeon said, and although he watched Sehun with sympathetic eyes, his tone was slightly authoritative. “Please, Sehun, just let Chanyeol go too.”

Sehun set his jaw. “Fine.”

Sehun left the apartment, and Chanyeol followed behind him. Before they’d so much as reached the stairs, Baekhyun had come after them. For a startled moment, Sehun thought he’d come to apologize to him, for making him tell Jongin. But then he realized Baekhyun was completely focussed on Chanyeol.

“Can I talk to you?” Baekhyun asked quietly, almost fearfully. “Just for a minute. Please?”

Chanyeol hesitated, then said to Sehun. “I’ll be down in a minute.”

Sehun didn’t say anything. He went down the stairs as fast as he could, ignoring Chanyeol and Baekhyun’s soft voices above him. When he reached the first floor, he went outside, not waiting for Chanyeol and not looking back.

Everything was such a mess. Sehun didn’t know what to do. He doubted Jongin would want to talk to him for awhile, and he probably wouldn’t trust him either. At least he knew what Luhan was like now.

But was that a good thing? If they were really going to try and stop Yifan, it probably would have been better to have Jongin still blindly in love with Luhan. Then he’d be motivated to save him and put a halt to Yifan’s plan. Now, Jongin might not want to see Luhan again. Just like Sehun.

Suddenly, Sehun wished he could talk to Minseok again. He wanted to know more about the plan, how and when it would be executed. Luhan seemed to be trapped in the club now, so how would they get him out? And where would they go that Yifan couldn’t find them? There was so much that needed to be worked out. That Minseok had probably already worked out. Sehun felt like a puppet in everyone’s plans – Minseok’s to stop Yifan, Luhan’s to turn Jongin – and he didn’t know what to do about it.

“Sehun!” Chanyeol called. A few seconds later, and he was coming to a running stop next to Sehun. “You didn’t wait for me!”

“You didn’t ask me to wait.”

Chanyeol was about to reply, then seemed to realize he hadn’t asked that specifically. “Ah. Well, um... Look, I’m really sorry about what happened back there. Baekhyun was just angry because you guys could have been hurt. I’m sure he didn’t mean to, uh... cause problems.”

“Is that what he told you just then?”

Chanyeol didn’t reply for a moment, then he said, “No.”

Sehun glanced at Chanyeol. “What’s up with you two, anyway? You’re together a lot, and every time he gets mad you go to calm him down. Are you guys a couple?”

“A couple?” Chanyeol flushed, then shook his head quickly. “No! No, not at all. It’s just... we’ve been through a lot together. And I kind of owe him. A lot. Come to think of it, we’re sort of like you and Jongin.”

“How so?”

Chanyeol sighed. “I guess I should tell you. Everyone but you and Jongin know about it anyway. The truth is, I’m the reason Baekhyun got turned, just like Jongin is the reason you got turned. The difference is, I actually... well, I’m the one who turned him.”

Sehun stared at Chanyeol. “You bit him?”

Chanyeol hung his head miserably. “Yeah. It was after I’d been bitten and abandoned. I tried to live like normal. Work and go to school and stuff. It was hard though, and I ended up getting fired from a bunch of jobs, and failing most of my subjects. It was just too much to handle on top of the painful changes and blackouts. I fell out of touch with most of my friends, except Baekhyun. He was my roommate, and he knew something weird was going on with me, but I always tried to stay away from him during the full moon. At first I’d try renting a hotel room on those nights, but I’d just end up ripping up the furniture and stuff, so I eventually just went to the park. Not the one where you guys got trained, a smaller one. Anyway, one full moon came and Baekhyun was out of town, visiting his parents. I figured it was safe to stay in our apartment, since he was gone, and at that point I remembered most of what I did during my shift, so I figured I wouldn’t be too feral and destroy the place. So the full moon came, and I shifted. But Baekhyun came home early. He was supposed to come home in two days, but he was still worried about how I’d been acting so he came back that night. I was still a wolf when he came into the apartment. I’ve told you how hard it can be for a wolf to hold back from biting someone, and it’s even harder on a full moon during a shift. So I bit him.”

Chanyeol was quiet for a long time after he finished speaking. Sehun didn’t know what to say, if anything. He only watched as Chanyeol clenched and unclenched his hands.

“It’s my fault his life turned into this.” Chanyeol said. “I should have left. I shouldn’t have been so selfish, wanting to live a normal life. I should have just left.”

“It’s not your fault.” Sehun said. “Just like it isn’t Jongin’s fault, with what happened to me. It’s the fault of the wolves who bit us. The wolf who turned you, he’s to blame.”

An odd look crossed Chanyeol’s face, and his hands relaxed a bit. “I... No, I’m responsible for turning Baekhyun. That’s my sin, and I have to carry it. I can’t blame the wolf who turned me for what I did.”

“Of course you can!” Sehun snapped, because he himself wanted to. He wanted to blame Luhan for everything. “If that wolf hadn’t turned you, you wouldn’t have been compelled to bite Baekhyun! He turned you into what you are!”

“And who turned him?” Chanyeol asked. “Sehun, the wolf who bit me, he was probably like this his whole life. He’s probably been fighting the urge to turn people even longer than I have. Who can he blame? His parents, for having him? No, I have to take responsibility.”

Sehun was surprised. For whatever reason, he hadn’t expected this from Chanyeol. It was so mature, so logical, and Chanyeol sounded so convicted. It was obvious he’d given this topic a lot of thought.

Unsure of what to say to Chanyeol’s statement, Sehun decided to ask a question Chanyeol’s story had inspired. “If you turned Baekhyun on the full moon, does that mean he’s really powerful, like Jongin’s supposed to be?”

“No. That only works if the person the full moon was turned by a pureblood. Since I’m a wolf who was bitten, not turned, Baekhyun isn’t really strong. He isn’t that strong at all, actually. The farther away it gets from the direct bite of the pureblood, the weaker the wolf.”

“So since you have a really strong sense of smell, does that mean the wolf who turned you is a pureblood?”

Chanyeol shrugged. “I guess so. I try not to think about it too much.”

Sehun didn’t believe that. If he didn’t know that Luhan had turned him, and he’d just shifted into a wolf one day, he’d probably think about it all the time.

“We should head back.” Chanyeol said, glancing around the nearly deserted street. “It’s going to be sunrise soon. The others have probably already turned in.”

Sehun nodded and followed Chanyeol back to the apartment. He himself was very tired now, exhausted by the physical and emotional drain of the day. The thought of going to sleep didn’t bring him much comfort, though, not when he knew he’d have to face all his problems again when he woke up.