Chapter 10

Turned

 

Minseok stopped talking. His red eyes snapped to Sehun, and Chanyeol turned to follow his gaze. Seeing Sehun, his own widened.

Minseok looked slightly surprised, then his lips curled into the same smirk he’d shown Sehun back in the alley. Chanyeol was still staring at him in shock, for once completely stock still. Minseok gestured for Sehun to come over.

Hesitantly, Sehun did.

Instead of walking right up to them, Sehun stopped a few feet away. “What’s going on? Why are you two up here?”

Why wasn’t Chanyeol attacking Minseok, Sehun really wanted to know. Weren’t they from enemy packs, and didn’t Chanyeol have to defend their den?

Minseok was still grinning as he hopped off the railing to stand in front of Chanyeol. “We were just discussing the current predicament. Your fault, naturally. If you hadn’t wanted to bring Jongin along...” Minseok shrugged. “Oh well, not much we can do now. Guess you’ll just have to rescue him.”

Sehun was still staring at Chanyeol. “Don’t you know who this is?”

Chanyeol swallowed.

“Of course he does.” Minseok said, reaching back to tickle Chanyeol’s chin. “He knew who I was the second he saw me. Clever protégé I’ve found myself.”

“What are you saying?”

“What am I saying? Honestly, Sehun. Try to keep up. Chanyeol?” Minseok glanced back at him. “Care to enlighten Luhannie’s pup?”

Chanyeol’s gaze was still fixed on Sehun. He seemed to be trembling a little, and it took him a moment to speak.

“I was turned by Minseok.” Chanyeol said. “He’s the one who bit me.”

Sehun stared at Chanyeol, who wouldn’t look at him anymore, face turned away in shame. Minseok, on the contrary, was beaming.

“Have you... have you been helping him this whole time?” Sehun asked, as things started to click into place. “Are you spying on us for the other pack?”

“Nonsense.” Minseok said. “Chanyeol’s only spying for me, not Yifan. And he’s never done anything to hurt any of you, so I don’t see the problem. He’s a harmless spy.”

Sehun was still looking at Chanyeol. He couldn’t believe Chanyeol – who had found him the first night he turned and taught him so much about being a wolf – could betray their pack. Then he realized something.

“He’s forcing you, isn’t he?” Sehun asked. “He’s ordering you to work for him!”

Minseok actually laughed. Chanyeol winced, but wouldn’t raise his head.

“Believe it or not,” Minseok said, “I’ve ordered Chanyeol less than Luhan has ordered you.”

“Then you really did betray us.” Sehun said to Chanyeol.

“Don’t be a hypocrite.” Minseok said, still sounding amused. “Didn’t you sneak off to visit Luhan when I arranged it for you? And tonight, you don’t call that a betrayal? Your pack saved you, took you in, and you’ve lied to them and gotten yourself into trouble. So don’t assume you’re any better.”

Sehun felt cold. He wanted to be mad at Chanyeol, but everything Minseok said was true. Even now, Sehun still hadn’t told the pack about Minseok’s involvement.

“Good, now that everything’s straightened out.” Minseok turned back to Chanyeol and reached up, patting his cheek. “Play nice.”

“You’re going?” Sehun demanded.

“Of course. Does this look like my den to you? As... distasteful as I find Yifan, I have to admit, he at least knows how to keep the place tidy.” Minseok had climbed back up to perch on the railing. He waved at Sehun. “See you later.”

“Wait –” Sehun called, but Minseok had already leaped to the next building. Sehun was momentarily surprised by how graceful Minseok’s movements were. He’d expected something less from the weakest pureblood. Then again, weakest or not, Minseok was still a pureblood.

“I’m sorry you had to find out like this.” Chanyeol said quietly, earning Sehun’s attention. “I wanted to tell you earlier, but Minseok said I couldn’t because it would complicate the plan.”

Sehun searched Chanyeol’s expression. “Is he ordering you?”

Chanyeol’s face dropped. “No.”

“Then what was all that you told me before, about not knowing who turned you? Was that all a lie?”

“Not all of it. I didn’t know, for a long time. It wasn’t until after Baekhyun and I joined Junmyeon’s pack that Minseok revealed himself to me.”

“Does Baekhyun know?”

Chanyeol shook his head, then giving Sehun a hard look. “And he can’t know. Please, Sehun. You know how he feels about purebloods. He’d hate Minseok without waiting for an explanation.”

Is there an explanation?” Sehun asked. “I can understand him hating Minseok. He’s the reason Baekhyun’s a wolf.”

“I already told you that.” Chanyeol said. “I’m the reason. It’s not Minseok’s fault. He is what he is, and I... well, I’ve forgiven him for that. Just like you’ve forgiven Luhan.”

“What?! I haven’t –”

“Sehun.” Chanyeol broke in. His tone was sympathetic. “I saw the look on your face, when you were talking about Luhan tonight. You don’t hate him at all, do you?”

“Of course I do!” Sehun snapped, but he knew he’d spoken way too quickly for Chanyeol to believe him. Making a frustrated sound, Sehun said, “I don’t know anymore, ok? Everything keeps changing and I can’t get my head straight! Jongin’s in trouble and Zitao and – I just don’t have time to think about Luhan right now!”

“I understand.” Chanyeol said. “But when you do have time, I think you’ll understand me too.”

Sehun wasn’t sure he would. Luhan was one thing. Clever, mysterious Minseok was another. He’d abandoned Chanyeol for months, and then rely to use him as a puppet. Sehun didn’t know if he could ever understand Chanyeol forgiving that.

Sehun still didn’t know if he could forgive Luhan.

“What Minseok was saying,” Sehun said now. “When I came up here. What was that?”

Chanyeol frowned. “I don’t know what you mean.”

“He’s was talking about a way to stop Yifan. He said it could be the only way. What was it?”

Suddenly, Chanyeol looked anxious. Anxious like every time Sehun had asked him something about the wolf that bit him, before tonight.

“I shouldn’t tell you. Minseok wouldn’t want you to know.”

“I’ll tell the others about Minseok.” Sehun said, knowing it was low but not caring. “I’ll tell Baekhyun.”

Chanyeol tensed. “Fine. Ok. But don’t let Minseok know you know, alright?”

“Sure, whatever.”

Chanyeol didn’t look very reassured. Still, he took a breath and started explaining. “There’s two ways for someone to become the leader of a pack. One is for the old leader to die, and then the position goes either to the leader’s first born or the eldest pureblood in the pack. The other way involves a challenge. One wolf challenges the leader to a fight. The most important thing about these fights is that no commands can be used, and there can be no interference. It’s purely one on one, and the leader can’t refuse. If he does, he loses his position and is automatically cast from the clan.”

Sehun frowned. “Why wouldn’t Minseok want me to know about that? It sounds like the solution to everyone’s problem. Someone just needs to challenge Yifan.”

“You don’t understand, Sehun. Yifan is the most powerful of all the wolves. He’d almost definitely win.”

“We have to at least try.”

“No, you don’t understand.” Chanyeol was shaking his head. “It’s not any normal fight, Sehun. It’s a fight to the death. It only ends when one of the two wolves is dead.”



Sehun woke up late the next day. He’d gotten to bed even earlier in the morning, thanks to his rooftop encounter. Aside from that, he’d also woken up several times, mostly from nightmares he couldn’t entirely remember. He knew they all had to do with either Jongin or Luhan or both being hurt. Sometimes worse.

He remembered one dream clearly. It had been unlike the others, not just in that he could remember it. Neither Jongin or Luhan were there. Sehun was alone, aside from a hulking, shadowed figure that his dreamscape had cast as Yifan. They’d been fighting, but Sehun had never been able to land a hit. Every time he tried to approach the shadow, he’d be thrown back, and get to his feet covered in freshly bleeding cuts.

Only now, when he woke up, did he realize the reason Yifan had been a shadow. Out of all the wolves, Yifan was the only one he hadn’t seen completely. He didn’t know the face of the leader.

Somehow, that made him even more intimidating.

Sehun got out of bed and changed quickly. He wasn’t very hungry, so he would skip Kyungsoo’s meal and get right to planning Jongin’s break out. However, when he entered the living room, Sehun found no one. There wasn’t even any food, lain out or in the fridge. Sehun quickly checked the other rooms, all of which were unlocked. The apartment was empty.

Sehun checked his phone. No new messages. There wasn’t a letter anywhere around the apartment either. Had they decided to try and rescue Jongin without him? Did they think he’d only weigh them down?

Before Sehun could get too worried about what had happened to the others, the front door opened. Chanyeol came in, looking both nervous and excited.

“Are you ready to go?” he asked.

“Yeah.” Sehun said, puzzled. “Go where?”

Chanyeol beamed at him. “We came up with a way to save Jongin. The others are already doing their parts, so you and I have to go. Now.”

“Really?” Sehun asked, shocked. He’d thought it would take them forever to come up with ideas, and here the others had already figured it out.

Sehun grabbed his jacket and followed Chanyeol, who locked the apartment door behind them, hands shaking.

“What’s the plan?” Sehun asked as they started down the stairs.

“No time to explain in detail. But more or less, the others are distracting the other pack while you and I are sneaking Jongin out.”

“The others are in the den?!”

Chanyeol shook his head. “Not inside, but nearby. Now come on. We have to time this perfectly.”

“But how will we get in without being spotted?”

“Getting in won’t be the problem.” Chanyeol said. “It’s the finding Jongin and getting back out part that we have to worry about.”



It was dark by the time they reached the club. Chanyeol led them up the same fire escape that Sehun and Jongin had used to escape the last time they were here. They’d left the fourth story above the club, at the time, but now Chanyeol went up to the sixth story.

Kneeling down, Chanyeol shoved up the window and slipped inside. Sehun followed, frowning to himself.

“Why was the window unlocked?” Sehun asked quietly. They were in an empty, unlit room, with a bed and a dresser as its only furniture.

“Minseok.” Chanyeol said. “He can’t get Jongin out himself, but he’ll help us how he can.”

Chanyeol quietly approached the closed door. He stood there a moment, and Sehun couldn’t tell if he was listening or searching for a scent. Maybe both.

“No good.” Chanyeol said after a moment. “I can’t pick up specific scents over all the wolf and the humans in the club. The hall sounds empty, though. What do you think?”

Sehun stepped up beside Chanyeol and listened. He couldn’t hear anything. “I think you’re right.”

Chanyeol nodded and opened the door. Sehun followed him into the hall. Even though it sounded like the sixth floor was empty, they moved as quietly, and as quickly, as possible.

“Jongin won’t be up here.” Chanyeol whispered, so low Sehun actually had to strain to hear him. “He’ll either be on the third floor or in the basement.”

Sehun didn’t ask how Chanyeol had gotten this information, since it had obviously come from Minseok. Sehun wondered if Minseok had told him all that in person last night, or sent random texts like he did with Sehun.

“Should we split up or stick together?” Sehun asked.

Chanyeol took a moment to think it over. “Stay together. It’s safer that way, in case we run into anyone.”

They reached the stairwell, where Chanyeol paused, listening. After a moment he nodded to Sehun and the two started their descent. When they got to the third floor, they both stopped to listen again. The hall sounded empty. They left the stairwell.

It didn’t take them long to walk the length of the hall. It sounded like all the rooms were empty. Sehun paused a moment at Luhan’s room, wondering if anything of his remained in there. He was tempted to check, but then Chanyeol said they should move on. Sehun agreed and they returned to the stairwell.

Sehun could hear the sounds of the club now, and the scent of human had become even stronger than that of wolf. Sehun wrinkled his nose. He preferred wolf, he realized.

They reached the door to the basement. Just as Chanyeol was about to open it, he paused, attention snapping upward.

“What is it?” Sehun whispered.

“I think... yeah, I heard something.”

Sehun’s heart raced. “The other pack?”

“It must be.” Chanyeol glanced around a moment, then backed away from the door. “You get Jongin and get out. I’ll catch their attention and lose them in the club. We’ll meet up outside, on the next block.”

Sehun nodded, heart racing as he watched Chanyeol take the stairs back up. Chanyeol was still quiet, but he made a bit more noise than before, to draw their attention. Sehun was worried about Chanyeol taking the role of distraction, but he knew he had to take the chance to find Jongin.

As silent as possible, Sehun opened the basement door and slipped through.

He was in a hall, longer, thinner and darker than the ones upstairs. Even with his night vision, Sehun was surprised to find it hard to see. It was like the shadows were thicker down here.

Sehun glanced down the hall. There were doors on either side, with tiny windows in them. Stealthily, Sehun edged down the hallway, peeking into the rooms as he passed. Through the window, he could just pick out details of the unlit rooms. Beds, desks, chairs; very simplistic furniture. It all looked the same too, and was set up the same. Kind of like in a prison.

The thought startled Sehun. Had Yifan really made himself a prison below his den?

Something caught Sehun’s attention. A sound, up ahead, coming from one of the rooms. As quickly as he could go without being noisy, Sehun hurried to the door. He paused before looking in, heart hammering against his chest. Swallowing, he approached the window. Inside the room, he could just make out a hunched figure, sitting on the bed.

Jongin.

Sehun stared at his friend for a moment. Then he came back to life and knocked on the window. Jongin’s head snapped up. When he saw Sehun his eyes widened in surprise.

Then, his eyes narrowed.

Sehun frowned at the hostile look, but pressed on. “We’re here to get you out. Are you ok?”

“We?” Jongin echoed. Even though his voice was muted through the wall, Sehun could still hear the venom. “As in you and Luhan?”

“No.” Sehun said, confused. “Me and the rest of the pack. Well, me and Chanyeol, but the others are helping. Now get up, we have to leave –”

“I’m not going anywhere with you.”

Sehun clamped his mouth shut, shocked. After a moment, he managed to ask. “What do you mean?”

“I mean exactly what I said; I’m not going with you.”

“Why?!”

“Don’t act so surprised.” Jongin scoffed. “I bet you knew this whole time.”

“Knew what?!”

“That Luhan didn’t turn me.” Jongin said. “I bet you found it funny, leading me on like that, making me think Luhan picked me. I still can’t believe he didn’t, that he chose to turn you instead.”

Sehun stared at his friend. He knew they didn’t have time to talk, not when Chanyeol was playing the part of distraction upstairs. But he couldn’t move; Jongin’s hostile words had frozen him to the ground.

“How long were you going to keep it up?” Jongin asked. “Until we were out of the city? Were you guys just going to dump me then, or were you going to bring me along and wait for me to figure it out? I bet you were pissed when Zitao showed up. Not only did he almost ruin your getaway, but thanks to him I found out the truth.”

“Zitao told you?” Sehun asked, voice unintentionally quiet.

“Told me? Of course not. I doubt he could introduce himself properly, the way he is now. The turn really messed him up, you know.” Jongin was shaking his head, grinning. It wasn’t a nice looking grin. “I’m lucky the same didn’t happen to me, I guess. If Yifan had turned me himself, I’d probably be just like Zitao. This way I’m still sane. Not as powerful as Yifan wanted, though. His experiment to create an underling as powerful as the purebloods failed. I bet you’re even happier about that. Not only did Luhan pick you, but I turned out to be a failure.”

“Why would that make me happy?!” Sehun nearly screamed, he was so frustrated with Jongin. “You’re my friend! I don’t want you to be unhappy, and I don’t want you to be a prisoner, which is why I’m here to try and save you!”

“Is that why? Are you sure it isn’t guilt, after lying to me about everything?”

“I didn’t lie to you!”

“Yes you did. You lied about not remembering who bit you. You’ve probably lied about a bunch of other stuff too.”

“I haven’t!” Sehun snapped. “And I had no idea Luhan didn’t turn you! I still don’t know who did! If I’d known, I would have told you!”

Jongin was quiet a moment, then he said: “Yeah, I guess you’re right. You wouldn’t have wanted anyone else to get to tell me. You would have enjoyed it too much.”

“What is wrong with you?! Why would I enjoy something like that?!”

“Because you’ve always envied me!” Jongin shouted. “I’ve always known, Sehun! You hated how everyone always liked me more than you, how they actually liked being around me! I pretended I didn’t notice because you were my friend, but I don’t see a point in that anymore. Not when you’ve betrayed me like this.”

“I didn’t betray you! I told you, I didn’t know Luhan didn’t turn you –”

“Even if that’s true, you still betrayed me!” Jongin yelled. “You took Luhan from me!”

“I didn’t –”

“Don’t even try to deny it.” Jongin hissed. “He turned you, not me. You’re the one he chose. You took him from me.”

“I didn’t mean to!” Sehun exploded. “Jongin, I never meant for any of this to happen! I’d never want to hurt you!”

Jongin wouldn’t look at him anymore, gaze fixed on the wall across from him. “Just go.”

“No, I’m not leaving you. I know you’re mad at me, and we have a lot to work out, but you can’t want to stay here –”

“I don’t want to. But I want to go with you even less. Get out.” Jongin leaned back. “Before I call the other pack.”

“You wouldn’t.” Sehun said, but when Jongin met his eyes, he knew his friend would.

“Fine.” Sehun said, surprised that his lips were trembling. “But I’m coming back for you.”

“Do what you want.”

Sehun stared at Jongin a moment longer, then turned away.

“Oh, and Sehun?” Jongin called, causing Sehun to glance back over his shoulder. “Remember when you asked me how I found the club? Zitao invited me, over a month ago, back when he hadn’t turned much and he was still sort of himself. The more he turns, the less human he becomes, mentally. Anyway, the reason I didn’t tell you that was because I forgot – not that it happened, but about Zitao.” Jongin met Sehun’s eyes once more. “Yifan made him turn me.”

“Now get out.” Jongin said, turning his head to the side and breaking eye contact. “I don’t want to see you again.”

Sehun swallowed the rising lump in his throat and turned away again. This time as he started down the hall Jongin didn’t call out again. Still, Sehun found himself looking back.



In the stairwell, Sehun listened but couldn’t hear anyone. He paused to check his phone. Nothing from Chanyeol. Did that mean they still would reconvene outside, as planned?

Sehun started up the stairs, deciding to head back to the unlocked window on the sixth floor. He’d just reached the first level when the door to the club opened. Sehun tensed, hoping it was some lost human stumbling through the wrong door. It wasn’t. The red eyes were the first thing Sehun saw.

But then Sehun realized who the red eyes belonged too.

“Oh good.” Minseok said, shutting the door behind him and grabbing Sehun’s arm. “I thought I’d have to go looking.”

Immediately, Minseok started dragging Sehun upstairs. Sehun tried to pull his arm away, but was surprised to find he couldn’t break from Minseok’s grip.

“Stop that.” Minseok ordered. “I’ll be able to get you out of here a lot faster if you’re not fighting me every step.”

“Why are you here?”

“Uh, it’s sort of my den?”

Sehun frowned. “You know that’s not what I mean. Isn’t everyone out – you know – being distracted?”

“Yeah, that’s the thing. They’re not. At least, not anymore. Everyone’s back and you need to go.”

“They’re back already...?”

“Yes. That’s exactly what I meant by ‘they’re back’. Bravo.”

“Where are they? Upstairs, in the club –”

“In the club. Mostly. I think.” Minseok frowned to himself. “A den isn’t the easiest place for tracking wolves, in case you didn’t pick up on that.”

“What about Chanyeol? Does he know?”

“Yeah, he’s already out. We just have to worry about you.”

They’d reached the fourth floor by now. Minseok was about to pull Sehun up the next flight of stairs, when he paused. Sehun knew why. A door had just opened two floors above them.

Minseok mouthed a curse and dragged Sehun onto the fourth floor. They’d just entered the hall, Minseok still pulling Sehun by the arm, when up ahead one of the doors opened.

Jongdae stepped out.

Minseok stopped for a moment, then kept walking.

“What’s this?” Jongdae asked, gaze calculating as he took in Minseok and Sehun. “Did you find a lost puppy?”

“Looks that way, doesn’t it?” Minseok said. He didn’t release Sehun and didn’t pause as they passed Jongdae. “I’m just showing him his room, until Yifan has time to deal with him.”

Jongdae reached out and grabbed Minseok’s arm. Minseok turned, glaring at Jongdae. Jongdae didn’t say anything, just searched his expression. For a moment, Sehun thought he saw a faint smile on Jongdae’s lips.

“Make sure the lost puppy’s comfortable.” Jongdae said, releasing Minseok. “Never know how long it’ll be, waiting for Yifan.”

“Yeah, I’ll do what I can.” Minseok turned his back on Jongdae and pulled Sehun after him. After a moment, a door down the hall close. Sehun wasn’t sure if it was to a room or the stairwell, but he did know if meant Jongdae was gone.

“Interesting.” Minseok murmured.

Sehun glanced at him, and was surprised to find Minseok wore a little grin. “What is it?”

Minseok shook his head. “Nothing, really. Anyway, let’s get you settled.”

“Yeah.” Sehun said dryly.

Minseok pulled him to the room by the fire escape. He only released Sehun when they were inside, door closed and locked behind them. Minseok went to the window and unlocked it. Shoving it up, he stepped back and waved at the fire escape. “Ok, get out.”

Sehun willingly obliged. He had just started climbing out the window when Minseok suddenly grabbed the back of his shirt and yanked him back in. “Never mind!”

“What the hell –” Sehun started to ask, as Minseok slammed the window down and locked it.

“Zitao’s out there, waiting for you.” Minseok said. “I can’t catch the others scents in here, but a few seconds of fresh air is all it takes to pick up on the scents outside. , you can’t get out that way now. We’ll have to try and sneak you through the club.”

“I thought you said the others are down there?!”

“Yeah, well we’ll have to hope they aren’t anymore. Come on.” Minseok opened the door and walked back into the hall. Sehun followed.

He’d only gotten a couple of steps when Minseok stopped so suddenly Sehun walked into him. “What now –”

Sehun followed his gaze. At the end of the hall, blocking the stairwell door, was Yixing.

“Yifan sent me to retrieve that.” Yixing said, red gaze snapping to Sehun. “I’ll take it from here.”

“That’s funny, because Yifan also wanted me to retrieve that. How about I bring it to him, and you search for the other one? I don’t think he came alone.”

Yixing’s gaze returned to Minseok, unflinching. “Yifan has requested I take charge of the new prisoner, and you continue the search.”

“Has he now? I’d kind of rather not do that. Hunting in the den is a hassle, so I’m going to stick you with the dirty work today. Don’t worry, I’ll come up with some excuse for Yifan later. You won’t get in trouble.”

Yixing continued to stare at Minseok. It was unnerving, Sehun thought, how his expression didn’t change. “Are you refusing an order?”

“From you? Yes.”

“And from me, Minseok?” A voice behind them asked.

Minseok spun around, as did Sehun. Immediately, Sehun’s eyes connected with a pair of intense red eyes. A pair he’d seen before, he realized, back at his first night in the club.

“Yifan.” Minseok breathed. Almost instantly his shock was gone, and he was back to wearing his slight grin. “Fancy seeing you here. I was just about to bring you a present.”

Yifan delicately rose one eyebrow. “Is that so?”

“Yes. Absolutely.”

“In that case, why don’t you bring him over to me? I’ve been dying to meet him in person.”

Sehun saw Minseok swallow. His hold on Sehun’s arm tightened, but he didn’t move towards Yifan.

“Come now, Minseok. Weren’t you bringing him to me anyway? And I even asked nicely. But if you’d rather...” Yifan shrugged, then fixed Minseok with a hard gaze. “Bring him to me. Now.”

Minseok stepped forward, his movements almost mechanical as he approached Yifan, dragging Sehun behind him. Now Sehun really tried to break free, but there was no use. Minseok was just too strong.

When they were right in front of Yifan, Minseok released him, then took a step back. Sehun heard Minseok gasp for breath, as if he’d been fighting a difficult battle and lost.

Sehun stared at Yifan. Yifan had sounded intimidating, both in the stories he’d heard about him and the scene he’d witnessed in Luhan’s room. But standing before him in person, staring up into his bright red eyes, he was more intimidating than Sehun could have ever imagined.

He was also the guy that had kicked Sehun out of the club, weeks before. Somehow, Sehun wasn’t surprised.

“Yixing,” Yifan said, gaze still on Sehun. “Bring Minseok downstairs. Lock him in a room.”

“What are you –” Minseok started to shout, but Yifan spoke over him. His volume was lower, but somehow his words sounded louder.

“Minseok, do not resist. Accompany Yixing. Do not attempt to break free from your cell.”

Minseok set his jaw. “Who the hell do you think you are? You can’t imprison another wolf for no reason. I’m your senior pureblood.”

“You’re also a traitor.” Yifan said, waving flippantly at Minseok. “Yixing, take him away.”

“A traitor?!” Minseok howled, not resisting as Yixing came up behind him and grabbed his arms. “What proof do you have?!”

“Aside from your reluctance to hand over this –” Yifan’s gaze skimmed over Sehun, “ – filth, to me? I have a detailed report of your traitorous activity. From one of your protégés, ironically.”

Minseok’s eyes widened. “Chanyeol would never –”

“Oh no, not that one. The other one.” Yifan’s attention drifted to a half open door down the hall. “You can come out now, if you’d like.”

Sehun followed Yifan’s gaze as the door opened. He heard himself gasp as someone stepped out.

It was Baekhyun.