Chapter 4

Turned

 

“Hey.” Sehun said, gaining the attention of everyone in the living room. “I’m really tired so I’m gonna go to bed. Should I just use the room I was in earlier?”

“Yes,” Junmyeon said. “That’s fine. Good night.”

Baekhyun was giving Sehun a skeptical look. “You slept all day. Don’t you want to stay up and practise shifting?”

“As much fun as that was the first time, no.”

“It gets better.” Chanyeol assured him.

“If he’s tired we should let him rest.” Junmyeon said, then with a smile for Sehun. “We’ll talk tomorrow. I’ll help clear up everything Chanyeol told you.”

“Hey! My explanations aren’t that confusing! Plus, he told me you said it was ok for me to explain!”

“Even that explanation you just gave of Sehun lying to you was confusing.” Baekhyun said, earning a dirty look from Chanyeol. “What? It’s true. You know the only reason we keep you around is your nose.”

Chanyeol swatted at Baekhyun, who was grinning. Deciding to ignore them, Sehun said, “Could one of you maybe bring Jongin some water?”

“I’ll do it.” Kyungsoo said, getting up from his spot on the couch. He looked grateful for an excuse to escape Chanyeol and Baekhyun, who were now wrestling. Sehun was surprised. He hadn’t thought of Baekhyun as the playful type.

“See you tomorrow.” Junmyeon said to Sehun, who nodded to him before going back down the hall.

In his room again, Sehun once more locked the door. Going through the bag of clothes Chanyeol had brought from his house, Sehun found a pair of black jeans and a black hoodie. After changing, he went over to the window, which opened onto a small balcony with a rusted railing. Quietly shutting the window behind him, Sehun glanced down. They were five stories up, but there was another balcony just below his.

Sehun threw up his hood and glanced around. The alley was empty, and the street beyond seemed empty of pedestrians. The cars whizzing past wouldn’t notice him.

Testing the railing, Sehun found it wobbled a bit but otherwise held. Carefully, he climbed over the railing, clutching it and planting his feet between the bars so he wouldn’t fall off. As he looked down, Sehun tried to ignore the drop and instead inspect the balcony below. After a moment of gauging the distance, he wrapped his hands around the bars and pushed himself into the air.

Sehun gasped and tightened his hold on the bars. He might have super strength, but it wasn’t enough to make this easy. Gritting his teeth, Sehun swung himself forward, letting go of the bars just in time to land on the balcony below.

Straightening up, Sehun couldn’t help a small smile. That hadn’t been too hard.

He glanced at the neighbour’s window. The room inside was dark, and he couldn’t see any light underneath the door in the room. Did that mean no one was home? He hoped so, because he really didn’t want to climb down all the balconies until he reached the ground.

Deciding to take a chance, Sehun tried the window, wondering if he’d be able to force it open. Surprisingly, it slid up with ease. He guessed the neighbour’s didn’t expect anyone to enter through their balcony.

Closing the window behind him, Sehun cocked his ear and listened. The apartment hummed with sounds, none of them human. He couldn’t pick up any human scents either, except for the weak smell that clung to the apartment. He opened the bedroom door and slipped down the dark hall that looked identical to the one above.

Once he was outside the apartment, he took the stairs to the bottom floor, hoping the other wolves wouldn’t know by his scent that he was leaving. He didn’t think they would, since their own apartment was so full of scents, but he hurried just in case.

Coming out on the street, Sehun pulled his hood tighter around his face and checked his phone again. At the bottom of the message he’d been sent earlier was an address. Sehun had never been there before, but he knew where the street was. He started walking.



Sehun was surprised when he found himself in front of an old theatre. Despite the antique look, it was lit up brightly and crowds waited at the entrance. He checked the address again, making sure it was right. Luhan didn’t really want to meet here, did he? It was crowded and bright and noisy. Sehun’s three least favourite things. He liked them even less with his heightened senses.

Glancing around, Sehun couldn’t see Luhan anywhere. He could have easily been hiding in the crowd, or in the cinema itself, but Sehun didn’t think so. Even though there were so many scents around, surely he would have picked up Luhan’s if he was that close.

Sehun scanned his surroundings again. He walked down the street a few paces, passing by the alley near the theatre. He was about to keep walking when he noticed an iron ladder attached to the side of the building. Sehun stopped, peering at it, then the darkness of the roof beyond.

Luhan wouldn’t really be up there, would he?

Sehun approached the ladder. It would be quite a climb, and there was no guarantee Luhan would be at the top. Even if he was, did Sehun really want to see him? Luhan probably just wanted his help getting Jongin back. Or, even worse, he might order Sehun to help him. That was a possibility, wasn’t it?

Sehun gripped the ladder so tightly his hands hurt. He needed to see Luhan. He needed to know why he’d been picked as practice material. Was it just because he’d been there at the right time? Had he just been convenient?

Sehun put his foot on the first rung and pushed himself up.



He caught the scent before he even reached the roof.

When it first washed over him, Sehun felt a sudden sense of calm. He paused where he was on the ladder, his shortness of breath over the climb no longer bothering him, not if it meant he could reach Luhan.

Sehun shook off the peaceful feeling, frustrated with himself as well as Luhan. Was this another effect, feeling content around the person who bit him so that he’d be easier to command?

Pulling himself onto the roof, Sehun bent over, hands pressed against his knees as he caught his breath. Glancing up from under the shadows of his hood, he could see a figure in the distance, watching him with glowing red eyes. Waiting for him.

He looked like the figure that had been in the alley earlier, but Sehun knew it wasn’t. Even if not for the scent, Sehun had the odd feeling he would have known it was Luhan.

Sehun listened to the soft pad of Luhan’s steps coming towards him. He refused to look up until only a few steps separated them. This close, he could see Luhan’s face clearly, and Luhan could see his. The glare Sehun gave him caused Luhan to stop in his tracks, mouth slightly open in surprise.

That was funny, Sehun thought, Luhan not expecting him to be mad.

“I wasn’t sure you’d be here.” Luhan said, which Sehun also found funny. Of course he’d be here. Luhan was the one who’d asked him to come, after all. Or at least, someone had asked on Luhan’s behalf.

“I don’t really want to be.” Was Sehun’s response.

Luhan looked down. “I can understand that. I must be the last person you want to see.”

“Maybe. Just give me a sec.” Sehun paused, pretending to think. “Yeah, I guess you are.”

“I’m sorry.” Luhan said. “I wanted to be there when you shifted. I tried to be.”

Between tracking down Jongin and biting him, Sehun wasn’t surprised Luhan hadn’t had time to help him. In fact, Luhan had probably stuck around while Jongin shifted until the other wolves got there. He probably his back, murmuring apologies, comforting him...

“I’m sorry you had to go through that alone.” Luhan added in a quiet voice.

“Oh, you’re sorry about that are you? You aren’t sorry about anything else? Like turning me into this monster?”

Luhan flinched at the word ‘monster’. “No, I’m sorry about that too. I didn’t mean for that to happen. You were just there at the wrong time.”

Oh, so that was Luhan’s excuse? Then again, he probably meant it was the wrong time for Sehun. It was the perfect time for him.

Sehun scoffed. “Yeah right. I bet you’re glad I stumbled into the club that night, so you’d have a person to practice on. It was your first time turning someone, right?”

Luhan’s red eyes widened. “How did you know that? Have you... spoken to the others?”

“No.” Sehun sneered. “I’m just that intuitive.”

“Sehun, this is important. Who told you that?”

“Why not command me to tell you?”

Luhan cringed. In a small voice, he said. “I’d never do that to you.”

“But you already did, didn’t you?” Sehun asked, remembering the last time he had seen Luhan. “You commanded me to listen to you. You’ve already forced me to do something once, what’s the big deal about doing it again?”

“That was a mistake!” Luhan exclaimed. “I didn’t mean to command you to do anything! I’m not used to this – to having someone who I can control. I still don’t know how to handle it properly.”

“You mean you’re not sure about the best way to control me?”

“No! I don’t want to control you! That’s what I’m trying to say!” Luhan suddenly sounded frustrated as he glared at the city below. “You’re so difficult.”

I’m difficult? Maybe you should have picked someone more complacent for your first bite.”

Luhan’s frustration drained, and his guilt returned. “I didn’t want this to happen. I really want you to believe that, but I’m not going to force you. I won’t ever force you to do anything. In fact, if you never want to see me again after tonight, I promise I’ll disappear from your life forever.”

“Yeah, that’s right. Disappear out of my life right after you’ve ruined it.”

“I know. I take responsibility for that. At least, I’m trying to.”

“How?” Sehun demanded. “Because unless there’s a way to undo this, I don’t see how you can make up for it.”

“There isn’t.” Luhan said. “But I can help you adjust, so you can go back to living as normally as possible.”

“So I can join your dictatorship pack, you mean.”

“I’d never bring you to my pack.” Luhan said vehemently, then a look of confusion crossed his face. “If you know about that too, does that mean you’re with the other pack?”

Sehun hesitated. He wasn’t sure if he should reveal that, but maybe he already had.

“Did they find you?” Luhan pressed. “When? Was it last night?”

Sehun turned his attention to the city. He couldn’t see the crowd in front of the cinema from up here, but he could see the cars on the street, and the storefronts across the road. He focused on those.

“Sehun, I’m not going to make you join our pack. I don’t want that. It’s safer for you if you’re with the others.”

“If you think that, why don’t you join them too?”

“So you are with them.”

“I didn’t say that.”

“Did they find you when you shifted?”

“I didn’t say that either.”

“I’m so glad someone was with you when it happened.” Luhan said, and Sehun was surprised by the amount of raw relief in Luhan’s voice. 

Sehun suddenly didn’t have the heart to tell Luhan he’d been alone when he’d actually shifted. 

“Are you going to answer my question? Why don’t you join the other pack?”

“I can’t.”

“What do you mean you can’t?”

“I mean.” Luhan said. “I can’t.”

Sehun still didn’t understand. Did it have to do with what Chanyeol had said about pureblood leaders having complete control over their pack? But if that was the case, how had Junmyeon managed to leave?

“The shift,” Luhan asked, “Was it... was it really painful?”

Sehun had the feeling Luhan was asking to change the topic. But at the same time, he felt like Luhan really wanted to know.

“Yeah.” Sehun said. “What I can remember, anyway.”

“Do you remember it at all? Being a wolf?”

“A little. But I thought it was a dream at first, so it obviously didn’t leave much of an impression. Which is kind of surprising since I figured turning into a wolf is the kind of thing I wouldn’t forget.”

Luhan’s lips quirked up when Sehun said that, which surprised Sehun. It also surprised him how his heart gave a little kick at seeing Luhan smile. He should have hated it. He should have hated Luhan.

Which he did, Sehun reassured himself. He did hate Luhan.

“It gets easier, the more you shift.” Luhan said.

“So I’ve heard.”

Luhan cast a look around. A small, mischievous grin inched onto his face. This time Sehun’s heart did a back flip.

“Do you want to try shifting?” Luhan asked. “I’m here to help you this time. Plus, practise makes perfect.”

“And do what, run around up here? I can’t really see myself climbing back down that ladder as a wolf.”

“Why would we use the ladder?”

“What other way is there to get down?”

Luhan grinned again. “The way I came up.”

Curious, Sehun followed Luhan to the back of the roof. Luhan gestured to the building behind the theatre, which was a couple of stories shorter. There was also an alley between them. A rather broad alley.

“You jumped from over there?” Sehun asked, shocked.

“Of course. It was a lot quicker than using the ladder.”

Sehun was still staring at the other roof, which seemed very far away all of a sudden. “I can’t jump that far.”

“Yes you can. It’s easy.”

“No.” Sehun said, taking a step back. “I tried a jump way smaller than this last night and still barely made it.”

“Then you weren’t jumping properly. Here, I’ll show you.” Luhan said as he crouched at the edge of the roof.

“Hold on, you’re jumping in human form? Won’t that make it even harder?”

“I jumped up here in human form, so no, it won’t. Besides, I don’t really want to get undressed up here.”

Sehun felt his face heat. “Undressed...?”

“Yeah. This is one of my favourite shirts. I don’t want to rip it when I shift.” Luhan’s gaze was fixed on the other roof. “Watch me. Copy what I do.”

“Now?”

“That would probably be a better time than later.”

Sehun rolled his eyes. Taking a spot near Luhan at the edge of the roof, Sehun studied how he was crouching, then attempted to mimic it. Luhan watched him.

“That looks right.” He met Sehun’s eyes. “Does it feel right?”

“Yeah.” Sehun said, although he’d never thought that was how he’d describe crouching on the edge of an old theatre’s roof with a wolf boy.

“Good.” Luhan said. “Now watch how I jump.”

Luhan pushed off. Sehun could only stare as Luhan sailed in an arc over the alley and landed smoothly on the adjacent roof, in the same sort of crouch he’d started in. Straightening up, Luhan turned back to Sehun and grinned.

Sehun’s heart slammed in his chest, and not just because of Luhan’s smile. Luhan had made the jump look so easy. Could he really do it?

Luhan waved for Sehun to come over. Biting his lip, Sehun steeled himself and jumped. For a moment, going through the night air, the darkness disoriented him and he wasn’t sure if he’d reach the roof. Then he landed – heavily – a few steps farther in than Luhan.

Luhan glanced over his shoulder. “That wasn’t so hard, was it?”

Sehun’s heart was still beating fast, but now it wasn’t because he was afraid. It was because he’d found the jump exhilarating. “No, not hard at all.”

“Glad you think so.” Luhan said. “We’ve got a couple of more jumps until we’re down. One of them is higher. Think that’ll be a problem?”

Sehun glanced back at Luhan, who was watching him with red eyes. For whatever reason, Sehun had the feeling his eyes had turned red too.

“No, it won’t be.”



“You can stop looking so worried.” Luhan said, glancing back at Sehun as he fished a pair of keys from his pocket. Sehun was frowning as he scanned the hall, lined with apartment doors. 

“This really isn’t my pack’s den.”

“Den? You use that kind of terminology?”

“We do say ‘pack’.” Luhan pointed out, as if that explained using all wolf terminology. He stuck his key in the door’s lock and twisted.

“This isn’t the place you took me to before, when you... This isn’t the place you took me to before.”

“Yeah,” Luhan said, pushing the door open. “That wasn’t my place.”

“Then who’s was it?”

Luhan shrugged and walked into the apartment.

“Wait, did you break into that other apartment”

Luhan pressed a finger to his lips and gestured for Sehun to come in. After a moment, he did. Luhan closed and locked the door behind him.

“It was closer than my actual apartment.” Luhan said. “Plus, in case we were followed, I didn’t want the others to know where my place really was.”

Not sure whether Luhan meant Junmyeon’s pack or his own by ‘others’, Sehun chose to address something else. “What if someone had been home?”

“I checked that first, obviously.” Luhan pointed to himself. “Super senses, here. Getting caught for B&E isn’t exactly something wolf boys have to worry about.”

Sehun was about to say something else but clamped his mouth shut. He himself had broken into an abandoned apartment almost an hour before.

“That’s better.” Luhan said, when he saw that Sehun wasn’t going to argue anymore. “Now, I can actually give you that tour you wanted.”

“The one you said would take too long?”

“Hey, even if it had been my place, it still would have taken too long.” Luhan started gesturing around the apartment, which was an open design with one short hallway. “Living room, kitchen, bathroom to the left, bedroom to the right. See, way too long a tour, right?”

“I wouldn’t exactly call that a tour.”

“In that case, follow me.” Luhan took Sehun’s hand and tugged him towards the hall. A part of Sehun told him he should pull his hand back, and remember everything Luhan had done. Sehun found it remarkably easy to shut that part of himself up. Maybe it had something to do with how perfectly Luhan’s hand fit into his.

Luhan pulled him straight to the door on the right. Opening it, Luhan waved grandly with his free hand. “The bedroom.”

Sehun waited for Luhan to pull him somewhere else. Instead, Luhan tugged him into the bedroom and shut the door behind them.

“Take off your clothes.” Luhan said.

Sehun blinked at him. “Is this a part of the tour?”

Luhan’s lips twitched. “It could be. For me.”

Sehun stared at him.

“Never mind. I told you I’d help you with your shifting, didn’t I? Do you want to ruin your clothes?”

“No, not particularly. But I don’t really want to take them off either.” Sehun told himself this was true as he said it, but looking at Luhan with his slight smirk in his slightly too big t-shirt and slightly too tight pants made Sehun think he might be lying a little.

“Fine, if you’re going to be modest. I won’t look.” Luhan said, then added. “But that means you can’t either.”

“What?”

“Like I said, this is my favourite shirt.” Luhan put his back to Sehun, and started pulling up said shirt. Even though he’d seen Luhan topless once before, that had been in very poor lighting, and Sehun had been distracted. Now, he was very focused.

“You turn around too.” Luhan said, glancing over his shoulder and raising an eyebrow. “Or are we doing this facing each other?”

Sehun wanted to say yes. Or nod, because he didn’t think he’d be able to manage words right now. Instead, Sehun clenched his suddenly loose jaw and turned around.

“Good.” When Luhan spoke next, his voice sounded slightly farther away, and Sehun knew he was facing the door again. “I’ll walk you through the shift. Let me know when you’re ready.”

When Luhan stopped speaking, Sehun heard rustling behind him, the sound of Luhan completely pulling his shirt over his head. Then there was a faint whoosh as he dropped his shirt on the floor. Sehun swallowed when he heard Luhan start to his pants.

“Done undressing?” Luhan asked, in a tone that let Sehun know he already knew the answer, and the reason.

Sehun quickly shrugged out of his jacket.

When he was done, Sehun kicked his pile of clothes up against the wall, trying not to think about Luhan behind him. Which proved difficult, especially when he had to talk to him. And listen to him. Something about Luhan’s voice made this even harder. How could someone – wolf or human – have such a perfect voice?

“Now what?” Sehun asked, reminded of all the flaws in his own voice when it came out hoarse.

If Luhan noticed, he didn’t comment. “Now you shift.”

“Wow. Great instructions.” Sehun cursed himself when even his sarcasm came out scratchy.

Luhan chuckled, and oh boy did that not help Sehun at all. “Ok, how about this? Think about when you were jumping. You must have felt it, right? The rush? It felt right, I bet. That’s the part of you that’s a wolf now, and you’ve got to find it in yourself. When you do, embrace it.”

That wasn’t exactly what Sehun wanted to embrace right now, but he decided to try it anyway, thinking back to the jump. It was surprisingly easy, reclaiming that same rush, that same need to run and jump and fight. It was like instinct.

“That’s good.” Luhan said quietly. Or maybe Sehun was just so far inside himself, it sounded quiet. “Just remember to stay with me the whole time.”

Sehun wanted to make a comment about how he wasn’t the one that abandoned other people, however snide it would be. But he couldn’t find his voice. At least, not his human voice.

When it happened, it was sort of like falling asleep.



And waking up.

Sehun looked around. His vision was a few feet lower than before, and everything seemed slightly sharper. That didn’t just go for images. Sounds were sharper, scents were sharper. Even the feel of the carpet below his hands and feet was more acute. No, not hands and feet. Paws.

Sehun didn’t freak out, even as he stared down at his fur covered legs. He tentatively lifted one of his front paws, inspecting his sharp black claws.

Something darted in front of him. Sehun’s gaze snapped to the source. Another wolf, a few feet away, smaller than himself and incredibly pale. It watched him with intense red eyes.

Luhan.

Luhan jerked his head towards the window. It was open. Sehun wasn’t sure when Luhan had opened it. Maybe before he himself shifted, or maybe it had been open when they arrived. It didn’t matter. Sehun padded over to Luhan. He was close enough now to see the fire escape outside, much like the one at his own apartment, except newer. Sturdier.

Jumping out the window, Luhan landed on the fire escape. He glanced back at Sehun for a second, then started up the stairs with surprising ease for a four footed animal. Sehun followed.

Outside, the city seemed even more alive than usual. Noisier and brighter. Despite the increased intensity of everything, Sehun also found it easier to block out. All he had to do was focus on Luhan’s pale form, just ahead, leading him up.

They came out on the roof, which was larger and next to other buildings of similar height. Luhan glanced back at Sehun, then nodded towards the other roofs. Catching Luhan’s meaning, he inclined his head. Luhan’s eyes seemed to twinkle, then he took off at a run. He was so fast that even as Sehun sprinted after him, he didn’t think he’d catch up. Surprisingly, he did, and was even able to keep pace with Luhan.

Luhan glanced at him as they ran, then suddenly increased his speed. At first, Sehun was startled, then he increased his own pace. So it was a race.

Luhan was a few paces ahead when he reached the edge of the roof. He didn’t hesitate, leaping onto the next one and taking off, gaining even more ground.

When he reached the edge of the roof, Sehun didn’t hesitate either.


Sehun thought shifting back would be difficult, with Luhan unable to talk him through. It was actually really easy. All he had to do was focus on his human self – his original self – and the shift happened. He out for a moment, like he had before, but it didn’t take him long to regain consciousness. His heart was still racing when he opened his eyes again, adrenaline pumping through his veins from the run.

Sehun spun around to talk to Luhan, to tell him how amazing it had all been. Just as he started speaking, Luhan turned towards him, and Sehun’s words died on his lips. This was around when he remembered the small detail that when they shifted, they were .

Their gazes met, both surprised. Sehun felt the blood drain from his face, then rush right back up so that he was probably the same colour as his eyes, which were behaving very inappropriately themselves. Tearing his gaze away from Luhan’s very human, very  form, Sehun quickly turned around.

“Sorry.” Sehun mumbled, then cleared his throat when his voice came out heavy. “Sorry. I... I forgot that...”

Unable to finish, Sehun grabbed his clothes and quickly started dressing. He’d gotten as far as pulling up his pants when he felt Luhan’s hand against his . Hesitant, Sehun turned towards him. He immediately saw that Luhan hadn’t dressed. At all.

His face turned red again and Sehun fought to focus on Luhan’s eyes. It didn’t take much effort when he saw they were half-lidded, glazed like red gems. For a moment Sehun was lost in Luhan’s gaze. He didn’t even realize he was leaning towards him until their mouths came together.

Sehun wrapped his arms around Luhan’s waist, tugging him closer and deepening the kiss. As Luhan’s body pressed up against his Sehun bit back a moan. He suddenly wished he hadn’t been so quick to put his pants back on.

Somehow they managed to get to the bed. They were still kissing when Luhan’s back met the mattress, Sehun above him. As amazing as the kiss was, even more so than their midnight run, Sehun wasn’t as lost in it as he had been the night before. Now, he wanted more.

Sehun started to pull back from the kiss, but Luhan gripped his shoulders to keep him in place. His hold tightened, as if he was afraid Sehun would leave him. At first Sehun didn’t mind, amused by the thought, but then Luhan’s nails dug into his bite mark.

Sehun hissed against Luhan’s lips and pulled back. Luhan stared at him with sudden concern and asked in a breathless voice. “Sorry, did I hurt you?”

“It’s fine.” Sehun started to say, rubbing the bite. But as his fingers ran over the now familiar wound, he remembered Luhan had hurt him. Luhan, as beautiful and perfect as he may be, turned him against his will, in a situation just like this. Sehun flashed back to the moment when Luhan’s teeth sunk into his shoulder, and the indescribable pain that had surged through his body. Just like the pain of his first shift, alone in that dark alley.

Then he thought of Jongin, who went through the same pain. Worse, from the look of him earlier, sitting up in a stranger’s bed, weak and drained. Sehun had never seen him in such bad condition, and it was all because of Luhan.

Luhan, who had only bitten Sehun for practice. Even here, now, Luhan just probably thought of him as practice.

Sehun pushed away from Luhan, who stared up at him in confusion. “What’s wrong?”

“I can’t do this.” Sehun said, climbing off the bed. “I can’t let you do this to me again.”

“What are you talking about?”

Sehun snatched his shirt and pulled it over his head. He didn’t bother with his jacket as he slid into his shoes. “I’m going.”

“Why?!” Luhan asked, sounding suddenly desperate. He grabbed Sehun’s arm as he tried to walk by the bed to the door. “Sehun, what did I do?”

“What did you do?!” Sehun demanded, shaking off Luhan. He pulled back the neck of his shirt, exposing the bite mark. “This is what you did, in case you’ve forgotten!”

Luhan looked away, guilt written all over his face. Sehun tried to ignore that guilt. He also tried to ignore the fact that Luhan still wasn’t wearing anything and that it wasstill affecting him.

Sehun let go of his shirt and opened the door. “You told me earlier if I asked you to stay away from me, then you would. Well, I’m asking.”

“Sehun –”

“I’m not changing my mind.” Sehun glared at Luhan. “Not unless you make me.”

Luhan held his gaze, his own so incredibly sad Sehun felt his heart squeeze. He didn’t want Luhan to be sad, and the fact that he was the reason for Luhan’s sadness hurt Sehun.

But it shouldn’t. And it wouldn’t. This was all just another wolf trick. He wasn’t going to feel bad for the guy who used him as a test subject.

Sehun’s expression had been softening, but he forced it to harden again. He gave Luhan one final, hateful look, then left the room. He barely noticed walking through the apartment and out the front door. All he felt was the raw emptiness in his chest, where only moments before it had been swelling, ready to burst. Sehun shook his head, trying to clear it. He shouldn’t have come. He shouldn’t have let down his guard, thinking that maybe he was important to Luhan, even just a little. He wasn’t.

Jongin was the one Luhan wanted. Not Sehun. Sehun was just always around at the right time.