TASK#2: SING.

Playing with Destiny

"OW!" I groaned loudly as I shifted my body to a more comfortable position. My body hurts. Everything hurts -my head, my back, my legs, my shoulder and my feet. I could tell this day's gonna be bad and I blame only one person -that stupid, heartless Kwon Jiyong. And although I hate to admit this but, I got to blame myself here also, for not being physically fit. But heck, I feel bad and I'm certainly not gonna blame myself for it.

 

 

"What to do? What to do?" I thought countless of times. Unfortunately, nothing came to mind. Do you know that feeling when you don't know what to do and you're bored as heck even though there are tons of things to do? Well, that's exactly how I feel right now.

 

 

My body feels like it just fell from a 500 ft. cliff and moving is causing me much pain also. But, lying here in bed and doing nothing is killing me! 'wait, I'll just watch a movie then. Where are those old cd's? I need them now ASAP!' I slowly and gently got down from my bed and looked for those cd's. it hurts like hell! Hopefully all this pain will be worth it..

 

 

 

Oh yeah! This is going to be fun. I placed the cd in the dvd player and the film started rolling.. 

 

 

 

 

NOT!!

 

 

Half way through the movie, I unconsciously fell asleep on the sofa. So much for "FUN". And my whole body is now in a more worse state than it was before due to the awkward positions I made when I slept in the sofa. 

 

 

What a day? {sigh*} I just hope that tomorrow would be a better one..

 


[the next day]

Taeyeon was sitting in class with elbows propped on the arm chair and her hands supporting her chin. She was mildly listening to her professor that's blabbing on something about people's daily lives and future. It was clear that she was bored and so was the other students in her class.

 

 

Her professor was talking about their future and she suddenly thought of hers. 'Will I be a successful singer one day? Will I be accepted in SM Ent? What if I debuted but, fail as a singer? But also, what if I debut and have one flawless career?' She thought over and over again.

 

 

'Will I ever be a singer one day or just an average person walking down the street going to a job I hate but have to endure for a living?'

 

 

 BANG! BANG!!!

 

 

Loud "BANGS" broke her train of thoughts.

 

 

"Since none of you are listening to my discussion, I think it would be better if I announce to you your project for this semester." Her professor announced after he banged his table with his hands to get the seemingly inattentive class' attention. The class groaned in disagreement.

 

 

"This project would count as half of your grade this semester. So you better not slack off cause my expectations are set high." Her professor continued on.

 

 

"So what's our project?" One student in the middle row asked.

 

 

"Your project would be a video diary. You need to film your daily life in the same way you write the things that happened to you in a diary but, using a video camera. Compile only that significant happenings that occurred and your final video shouldn't exceed the 20 minute mark. You have 3 and a half months to finish this project."

 

 

"Nehhh~~" The class chorused.

 

 

"My expectations are very high. Don't disappoint me. You're dismissed."

 

 

A video diary, huh...

 

 


TAEYEON'S POV:

 

After getting my video camera from Tiffany who borrowed it earlier from me for her class presentation, I made my way home. I was on the bus stop, infront of our university, waiting patiently for the bus to go home as I filmed myself with my video camera. "Annyeong! Taeyeon imnida." I continued to talk to the camera, making funny faces, talking randomly and filming places and people randomly. As i filmed my surroundings, I stopped and filmed this group of friends who where gossiping. I found it amusing to see and hear people gossiping freely on the streets. 

 

 

"Excuse me, who are you and why are you filming us? It's rude. Stop it." One y girl said to me in a y manner. Oh, sheezz she's annoying. Her existence is annoying me. Yeah, yeah, I know. It's my fault for filming them. But, that doesn't change the fact that she's annoying.

 

"I'm sorry but, I'm not filming you. I was filming t- the....... PLANTS! Yeah, that's right. I'm filming the plants behind you." I know I lied. I don't wanna be embarrassed by a y girl, you know.. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

 

 

"Whatever." She said yly and continued gossiping. MWAHAHA! I, Kim Taeyeon, had won a battle between a I didn't even know. I turned off my cam and kept it inside my bag.

 

Finally, the bus has arrived! My right foot was making it's way to the bus' floor when someone from the back grabbed my collar and pulled me away from the bus. "AHH~! LET GO! AHHH~! A MANIAC IS TRYING TO KIDNAP ME! AHHHHH!!! HELLP!" I yelled like no other, flailing my arms and legs all over the place to get people's attention so that this maniac who is trying to kidnap me will get caught.

 

"Ey, it's me." A familiar voice from the back, which I think came from the kidnapper, stopped me from my frenzy. HE IS SO GONNA BE...... ARGHHH!!!~

 

 

"YAH!" I yelled after I abruptly turned around.

 

 

"Relax." Yes people, it's none other than that brat Kwon Jiyong.

 

 

"Relax?!! You want me to relax??!!!!!" I asked incredulously as I punched, slapped and beat several times. What's wrong with this dude? Seriously. Can you please tell me 'cause I certainly don't know the answer.

 

 

"STOP IT" he said. He had a serious look on his face. Oh dear, am I that violent? I stopped immediately.

 

"What now?" I asked after a while.

 

 

"Come with me." He said mysteriously and grabbed my wrists as he dragged me to somewhere. Somewhere I didn't know. I grabbed my cam from my cam and resumed filming. "As you can see here, the rare species of Kwon Jiyong is in it's natural habitat." I said in a whispering voice as i continued on filming Jiyong from he back. I maneuvered my camera from the back of his head then slowly moved down to his out stretched arm. It was still holding my wrist. "Oh." I muttered as I freed my wrist from his grasp.

 

 

Ok, this is boring........

 

 

"Jiyong, what do you want to be when you graduate?" I asked, to keep the mood lively and not awkward.

 

 

"I don't know." he said shortly. "why?"

 

 

"oh, it's nothing. Erm, aren't you suppose to be the heir of your company?" I made my way to his side and filmed his side view.

 

 

"Because it's-- why are you filming me?" he asked confusingly with a small frown on his face as he faced the camera. Omo, he looks cute!    Okaaaayyyy, I didn't say that. NO.

 

 

"Oh, it's a project. My professor said that we should film our daily life."

 

 

"Ah" he replied shortly. After that, there was that awkward silence again. 

 

 

{crickets/}   {crickets/}

 

 

"So, you. What do you want to be when you graduate?" Weird. He was the one who broke the silence first. Oh, well. At least it's not awkward any more.

 

 

"A singer." I replied happyly as I filmed myself. The camera is now focusing on me. "I auditioned last time" I continued on. "They said they would call if ever I get accepted."

 

"What company?" he asked.

 

 

"SM Entertainment." I said with a smile on my face. He abruptly stopped walking.

 

 

"SM entertainment? why that place? why not other companies? that place is a death trap!" he ranted on and on and on. Sheesh, it seems fine to me. I wonder what his deal is? I turned off my camera but sill holding it with my right hand.

 

 

"Why? What's the big deal?" I asked. Psh, SM is my only hope. All the other companies I auditioned didn't accept me. That's the last place for salvage. He spaced out. I waved my hands in front of him hoping that he would break his trance.

 

 


JIYONG"S POV:

 

"What company?" I asked her.

 

 

 

"SM Entertainment" she said happily.

 

 

OH CRAP.

 

[falshback]

 

I smiled as I saw Yoona running towards me. She too was smiling very big. "AHHH~! I got accepted!! Finally, a company accepted me oppa! And it's no other than SM Entertainment!" She yelled as she ran towards my direction. "Wow~ Congratulations yoong" I said as I hugged her tight then let go. 

 

 

"when do you start training?" I asked her.

 

 

"Uhm, next week. After school, I'll have to go there and train for roughly 7 hours or so." she said still with that big smile plastered on her face. My smile faded.

 

 

"7 HOURS?! And after school?" I asked her incredulously. I know training to be  a singer or an idol is hard and & hours is just normal. But, I care for her and I don't want her to get tired and get sick.

 

"Yes. But, don't worry oppa. I'll be okay." she said. How can I not worry about her? Of coarse, I will and forever will worry about her well being.

 

 

"Well, okay. Just promise me that you won't over work. Ok?" 

 

 

"Nehh, I won't." she's just so cute.

 

1 month later...

 

A month later, Yoona wasn't her normal self anymore. She looked fatigued and pale. I think, she even lost weight too. I knew it. The stress of training to be an idol is too much for her. She even told me that SM is forcing her to take plastic surgery to look BETTER. The girl already looks beautiful, why would they even want her to take plastic surgery? She's perfect in her own way. And I quote the word "FORCING". See? They're even forcing her. {sigh/} Yoong, is being a singer really that important to you that you're even considering what they're telling you to do?

 

[end of flashback]

 

 

"Jiyong~ Jiyong-ssi~ hello? are you there?" said taeyeon as she waved her hands infront of my face.

 

 

"..Y-yeah.." I stuttered my reply. The sun was nearly setting. The sky had an orange tint to it; one of the most beautiful sight I've ever seen. In a distance, I could here a faint sound. Finally, where near. I didn't waste much time as I pulled her and ran towards that sound. I could here her protests but ignored it.

 

 

"Where are you taking me?" she asked for the nth time.

 

 

"Here" I said as we reached the entrance of the monthly fair.

 

 


TAEYEON'S POV:

 

"woooooaaaaah~" I was at awe. This place is so pretty and energetic. All the people looked so happy playing games. And, and.. there's a stage where people perform. This place is magical! I was excitedly jumping in place as I tugged Jiyong's shirt.

 

"Let's go~ let's go~!" I cheered motioning to him that we should go in. He had a grin on his face.

 

 

"haha, you seem excited dork."

 

 

"You bet I am." We went in, bought tickets and yadi yadi yada... I turned my video camera on and filmed the beautiful sight in front of me.

 

 

As I saw game stalls, I ran very very fast to get there, leaving Jiyong behind. I was on a frenzy! Playing different games in different stalls while, jiyong was just trailing behind me, probably amused with my strange hyped up behavior. 

 

"You're like a pin ball. Bouncing to different places in high speed." said Jiyong as we looked for a place to sit down.

 

 

"keke, I love games." I said as we sat on an empty bench. "I'm hungry.."

 

 

"Buy food." 

 

 

"ok then, wait here." I said as I made my way to the food stalls. I bought a hotdog and a cup of cola. I made my way back to the bench where Jiyong was sitting and sat down. The bench was near and was facing the stage where a young boy was playing the piano. I recognized that piece. It was Yiruma's "river flows in you". It was beautiful.

 

 

"You want to be a singer right?" Jiyong asked suddenly.

 

 

"Yeah, why?" I asked him. He looks suspicious.

 

"Oh, nothing." he said then diverted his gaze to the stage.

 

 

PROGRAM MC: "Wah~ good job! Everyone that was an amazing performance right?"

 

ALL: "Neeeeehhhhhh~"

 

PROGRAM MC: "So, next... let's give it up for.. Miss Kim Taeyeon. She'll be singing a song for us."

 

 

Wait, what? Did I just heard my name being announced by the MC? IMaybe, it's not me. Maybe another person who has the same name as me. Please, tell me I didn't hear my name! OH GOD. I should've known!

 

 

"KWON JIYONG YOU STUPID STUPID PERSON!! I'M GONNA KILL YOU! YAHHH!!" I yelled at that stupid brat sitting beside me as i beat him with my fists.

 

 

PROGRAM MC: "Miss Kim Taeyeon?"

 

 

 

"HAHAHAHA. You said you want to be a singer. So, go. HAHAHHA!! It's good exposure." he said as he pushed me towards the stage. I tried to not move from my place but, he's too strong. The MC saw me near the stage. OH CRAP.

 

 

PROGRAM MC: "Oh, Miss Taeyeon. It's your turn."

 

 

 

The spot light flashed on my direction. OH GOD. OH GOD. OH GOD! I'm not ready! I'm not ready!!!

 

 

"Anyeongh-has-sseyo. Kim Tae-y-yyeon imnida." I'm stuttering. Oh, this is bad. Remember me later to kill that brat, ok?

 

 

 

Music started playing and I started singing. So far so good. The crowd cheered loudly. Ok, I think I can get used to this. I continued singing whole heartedly. I love this feeling. The feeling of singing with your whole heart and the crowd cheering for you. This is my piece of heaven right here.

 

 

SONG: can you hear me (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VP7fUqTWYY)

 

 

 

The song ended and the crowd cheered louder. I looked over at Jiyong's place and I smiled. Ok, I think I might not kill him. That was one of the best experience I had. I went down the stage and made my way to the bench where he was sitting.

 

 

"That wasn't so bad, right?" he said. I didn't reply but just stared at him with that stupid smile on my face. "I even filmed it using your camera. I thought that maybe you would like to see your performance." he continued. Still, I didn't reply but just stared at him. "Yah! stop that. You're creeping me out." I broke my stare but still smiled at him.

 

 

"Thank you, jiyong!" I yelled happily.

 

 

"I know." he said with a slight smirk on his face.

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR's NOTE:

Hey people! I'm very truly sorry for the late update guys.

I've been very busy this past few weeks. So many projects!

I hope you like this chapter.!!

I had to change the whole chapter since i didn't like the first one that I wrote.

oh and please don't forget to comment and tell me what you guys think.

Please? hehehehe