ending with a down fall

Playing with Destiny

continuation...

 

For the past 2 hours, I just did nothing but stare blankly into space. Other people might have thought that I'm a weird person maybe, that's why no one approached me and striked a conversation with me. The aura around me was getting a tiny bit awkward. People surrounding me are having a blast with their conversation about their favorite kpop band and some other random stuffs while me, on the other hand is just sitting here quietly listening to their conversation.

 

 'I wanna join too~' I thought.

 

 "Hey, I just heard suju sunbaes are in he building." I heard one said.

 

 "Yeah, some people say that they're so cool when you actually meet them." 'Yes, they're cool.' i decided to join their conversation by replying with my thoughts since I didn't have the courage to but in their conversation. I'm weird, that's a fact....

 

 "Have you guys listened to the new DBSK album?" one asked. 'Yes, I did. It was good. They're good.' I replied in my thought.

 

 "I heard that one of---" she was cut off.

 

 

 "Number 713. 713. 7....1.....3.... Please come in." The announcer lady well... announced.

 

 "ah neh." I replied, realizing it was now my turn.

'MOMENT OF TRUTH! TAEYEON FFFIIGGHHTTIIINNG~!' I cheered myself.

 

 


 

 I nervously made my way in the room where the auditions are held.

 

 "Please introduce yourself." someone requested. No, I mean demanded.

 

 "ah neh." I replied. "anyeonghaseyo! Kim Taeyeon imnida~!" I greeted as I did a proper 90 degree bow.

 

 "Please show us what you can do."...."neh." I courteously replied still a bit nervous.

 

 

 

 ~ ~ ~ ( SINGING ) ~ ~ ~

 

 

 

After the song was done, I mastered the courage to look at their facial expressions. There were 3 judges. The first one was smiling, the second one had no expression at all and the other one was nodding his head in a content way.

 

 "Ok miss. You did fairly good." One of the 3 said.

 

 "ah neh. kamsahamnida." I thanked them for their compliment or was it a critic?

 

 "We'll call you some other time if you reached our standards, okay?"

 

 "Okay." I replied. "You can go now." he instructed.

 

 END OF POV

 


 

After all her audition processes being said done, she prepared herself to go home already and rest. 'The audition was good.' she smiled to herself. 'For once it ended in a good note' she thought.

 

Taeyeon always went to different auditions this past 2 years but, this was the only one that ended successfully. All the companies she auditioned never called back nor contact her in some way. 'This time I have a feeling they'll call back' she assured herself as she shrugged the thought of not being able to debut.

 

Before she could get out of the building, she felt the sudden urge to pee. 'Aing~ i gotta pee' she thought as she scurried her way to the comfort room. After asking several people for directions, she finally found it on time.

 


 TAEYEON POV:

 

I dashingly went in the ladies room and did my business. After that, the feeling of relief spread throughout my system. 'phew~ that felt good'.

 

I made my way out of the cubicle and made my way to the sink to wash my hands. It's a basic fact to wash your hands after you pee. It's for hygiene. Common sense much....

 

What I didn't notice was a girl, same age as mine... maybe. She was crying. She was sitting on the cold bathroom tiles, hugging both her legs and her head bowed down.

 

 

 "Excuse me miss, wha.. why are you crying?" I asked the girl trying my best to comfort her but, as I did, there was no reply only her crying being louder than before.

 

 

 "uhm, did you audition? Did you do well?" I asked her again trying to find the source of her sobs but again, she only cried louder.

 

 "itchnanophyerbishnes." the girl finally mumbled in between her sobs. 

 

 "huh? What did you say miss?" I asked her as i really didn't catch what she said.

 

 "Nothing" she then replied, clear as water. Well, it depends on what kind of water thought. Let me rephrase it. Clear as mineral water. Okay, back to the girl...

 

 "Ok, uhm.. did you do bad on your audition?" I asked maybe, just maybe, that's the reason for her crying.

 

 "Ye.. Yess." she said in between her sobbing.

 

 "it's okay, mi-- oh, wait, what's your name?" I asked..

 

 "Ti-Ti Tiffany." she stuttered.

 

 "I'm Taeyeon." I introduced myself. "Tiffany, it's okay. You can always do better next time. There's always a next time." 

 

 "NO~! There wouldn't be!" she retorted back..

 

 "Why is that?" I asked a bit intruiged

 

 "You know, I shouldn't be talking to you right now."

 

 "Oh, come-on!!" I said as I gave her my 'I-wasted-my-blind-date-for-you' look. 'oh may gad! The blind date! I forgot. Gotta haurry.' I thought.

 

 "I live in america. My parents object of my dream of being a singer that's why I escapoed and flew to Korea all by myself to follow my dreams and now, I ruined all the chance I had!" she gave in and told me everything.

 

 

 "Woah~! That's harsh." i said then covered my mouth right away as I realized what I just said. I glanced at her hoping she didn't hear what I just said.  Phew~ thank goodness she didn’t.

 

 “err, I mean.. you need to follow your dreams no matter what the boundaries are. Just, don’t think about them.” “Sorry, I give really bad advises but, I’ll make sure next time and I’m sure there will be… I will accompany you and give you strength.”

 

 “Really?”

 

 “Really.” I replied.

 

 “Thank you unnie—can I call you that?”

 

 “Of coarse you can.” I replied sweetly.

 

 


 

 

I was making my way to the café where I will meet my blind date. Its 10pm already, I don’t think he’s still there waiting for me. I’m 2 hours late and who guy in the right mind will wait for me for that long? No one…. I think.

 

 

I opened the doors of the café as I made my way in. “Good evening.” A girl that work there greeted me. I smiled and bowed lightly as my reply.

 

 

 “Uhm.Someone set me up for a blind date here about 2 hours ago. By any chance, is the guy still here? Or did he left already?” I asked with a tinge of hope.

 

 

 “Actually, I’m sorry but.. he never came.” She said.

 

 

 “Oh, okay.” I said disappointedly.

 

 


 

 

I left the café and walked around Seoul aimlessly. ‘I’m tired.. I want to go home already.’ I made my way to the bus station a corner from the café. As I was waiting patiently for the right bus to come, a hand from the back reached for my shoulder.

 

‘Omo! What should I do? It’s a ert probably wanting to.. No! I can’t!’ I thought.

 

 

I was pretty sure it was some ert. I was able to smell the stench of alcohol making the bad situation worse. Not really sure what to do, I didn’t think twice as I turned around and punched him straight to the face. After giving him a taste of Taeyeon’s unmastered jabbing power, he fell unconscious on the floor.

 

 

 “omo! Miss, how can you do that to your boyfriend?” an ahjumma that just recently passed by suddenly reacted. “Aish, kids these days. So violent.”

 

 

 “Ahjumma, it’s a misunderstanding.” I retorted back.

 

 

 “Aigoo, young miss, even thought you’re very mad, you can’t just punch your boyfriend.” She said. ‘HE. IS. NOT. MY. BOYFRIEND.’

 

 

 “No, no, you don’t understand, I was---“ she cut me off as I was giving her my reasons.

 

 

 “NO! I do understand. I was like this when I was younger too.” She said. OMG I’m going insane as she narrated her story when she was younger. Why can’t this lady understand my situation? Worse, she didn’t even give me a chance to reason out.

 

 

 “You should take care of him. Bring him home.” She said already mad. Why would she be mad? For one, I should be the one getting mad at this stubborn ahjumma. Aish..

 

 


 

 

I was now sitting on the bus with that drunken erted unconscious guy beside me. Aish, this day ended up in a down fall just because of that fortune teller and that ahjumma. If it wasn’t for the ahjumma I wouldn’t be stuck with this guy and if it wasn’t for that fortune teller, I wouldn’t have the conscience to help this guy out.

 

 

With the bus moving and going up and down because of the humps of the road, the drunken erted unconscious guy’s head fell on my shoulders. I breathed a sigh trying to make myself calm. I was thinking of abandoning him on that bus but, what he said only left me to think twice.

 

 

“I was just asking you what time it was and with no reason you punched me across my face.” He mumbled as every word becoming inaudible then, fell unconscious again.

 

 

‘. I hate having a conscience. There’s no way of leaving him here. I’ll just look for a motel near my apartment and leave him there. Yeah, that’s right.’ I thought to myself.

 

 


 

 

As the bus made it’s stop near my apartment, I dragged the unconscious guy with me as I searched for a motel. The guy was hanging on my back in a piggy back like manner but I wasn’t carrying him, he was just hanging on my back in a way that made it harder for me to walk.

 

 

 

Adding up to the already worse situation, I realized there were no motels around my neighborhood making it the worst situation I can get myself into. ‘Let me DIE!’ I thought.