I Guess This Is an END

When Dare Went Wrong

 

It feels strange to be here again. Trust me; sitting in the car with the person you’ve caused so much trouble was completely uncomfortable.  It was good thing Hongbing is here.

“Leo, let’s just stop to the nearest coffee shop. We should get her a hot drink to keep her warm.” Said Hongbin and Leo just nodded then Hongbin turned to me. “Do you like coffee or hot chocolate?”

“Coffee,” I replied with a faint hump and leaned over and watch the rain.

I just met Hongbin but I could tell he is a great guy. He’s kind. He always smiling, he’s gentleman, caring, and I’ve experienced it all in just one day. He is totally the guy that every girl wants. He has the thing that girl would like to have as her boyfriend.  I usually don’t think such things but I don’t know I just can’t help but to praise him. Perhaps he reminds me of Chunji. 

Chunji was my only guy friend. He’s my friend before I met Eunyoung. We’ve been friends since I can remember but unfortunately he died. Yes, he died in a car accident years ago. It was really hard because he’s not just a friend; he’s my bestfiend, buddy and brother so it was really hard for me to move on in life. It was hard for me to be close again with the opposite . Remembering the past brought some aches to me but doesn’t matter because I like remembering Chunji.

I hadn’t notice the car is stopping. Leo parked the car near the entrance. “Do you have anything you want?” Hongbin questions grasped me to my senses, and shook my head and hop out.

We are now alone just like last night but the different is I was not drunk and I was sitting at the back. No one in car spoke to break the deafening silenced that seemed to linger for a while.  I don’t know if I should the one to start the conversation to get the awkwardness away but I don’t think It’s a good idea so I just back  leaning on over and closed my eyes but I could feel he kept glancing at me every now and then when he thought I was unaware.

I was brawling with the urge to open my eyes but I failed. I cannot just ignore him. Suddenly, I coughed a muffled and met his eyes. OK, I just can’t stand it anymore.

“Sorry” I grunted dryly when I decided finally to break the silence. His brows Creased in bewilderment, gazing at me pensively. “  I am so sorry for yesterday, earlier and at the moment. I didn’t mean it to be rude nor have intention to trouble you. “ I stumbled with my words.

A sense of nostalgia gripped his features. “I promise this would be the last. If happens that we see each other again I will run away from you, act like I didn’t know you, forget you, and I promise that no one will know that I happened encounter you. “ Ok  I sounded like quite skeptical.

I trailed after him, meeting his eyes with an unreadable. “Fine by myself.”

I was expecting he would answer that but I honestly don’t like it. I am still hoping he would say something I like , like “let’s forget everything and maybe we should be friend” but why should I be hoping if the impressions I showed to him is nothing but a trouble girl and the fact that he was know to be alone.   

“Can I ask you something?” I asked just to ease away the daunting silence that prevailed for a couple of minutes. “Are you mad of me?” I don’t know how I end up with that question.

But instead of answering my question he asked, “How you feeling?” it made my heart skip a beat.  This guy always surprise me, “I’m O….kay.” I replied then we fell silent.

“Ahhhhhm, have you heard the news rooming in school about you?” I asked dubiously, trying to breathe even.  He’s brows draw, so I presume he had no idea. I’m having a doubt if I should continue with this but I’m totally curios besides this will be the last.

“You were saw in the bar last night with a girl and that girl says your girlfriend” I took a deep breath. “And……I was with…you last night in the bar. Ok I’ll get to that point, my point is am I the only girl you’ve been with last night in that bar?”

 Leo move a little, I tried to read him but he’s unreadable, and when I think he’s about to say something Hongbin arrived. 

Honbin showed the coffee, “It took me a long time, here’s yours.”

“Thank you” I said to Hongbin and I caught Leo glance over me at the mirror again.

“Where is the way to your house?” asked Hongbin.

“I’m quiet far here,  just drop me by the bus stop. I’ll just take the cab there. The rain had already stopped so it would be easy to get a cab.”

“No, we’ll send you to your home. It’s getting late so I insist, right Leo? “ said Hongbin.

I look at the mirror expecting to meet Leo’s eyes and I didn’t failed. I didn’t see he oppose from his expression so I nod.”

“Thank you.”

Taking on our way to my house was getting smoother than I expected. Leo seems know already where to turn, and when I was about to say the way the phone rang from out of nowhere. Boys on the front got surprise and looked to each other.

“Is that your phone?” Honbin asked Leo and Leo shook his head. “It wasn’t mine either.”

Hongbin searched the phone as it keeps ringing and he found it under his couch. “Eunyoung ?” he said the name of the caller and I got nervous.  I was like that’s my phone so I dropped it here last night.

“OH  that’s mine, maybe I  didn’t notice I drop it a while ago.” Hongbin give my phone and look over the mirror to see Leo before pressing the answering button.

“Eunyoung?”

“Is that you? Hyunyoung?”

“Yes, it’s me”

“God, where the hell have you been?” I can tell she’s worried and angry, well that’s friends. “I’ve been searching for you again! It was good thing I called your phone.” She paused. “but wait how did you get your phone back?”

“I just misplaced it. I’m on my way so don’t worry about me.”

“Fine. I am waiting for you. Wait… have you eaten dinner? I’ll go order if you haven’t”

“Thanks.” I said as a bid of goodbye.

After ten minutes or so, we arrived. “Thank you for saving me tonight.

“Leo saved you.” My brows draw with Hongbin’s statement. “It’s Leo who saw you first.”

I don’t know how to react. I was shocked Leo saved me for the second time around.  I wanted to say and do things to show my appreciation but how could I do it if I already had a promised that I’ll forget everything ….

 

Long time no talk lovely readers. I’ve missed you guys so much. I’m so sorry for lucking of updates. I am just so busy fixing my life these past two weeks. I got good news that I really wanted to share with you.  Yehey, I finally got a job!  I’ll work as Store Department Head in a department store. This is my first job. It is far from what I’ve study (Bachelor in Information Technology) but I think I’ll do better so wish me luck :)