Chapter 7

The Single Cold Breeze

 

 

He was walking aimlessly on the side way of the street, both hands are tucked on his jean’s pocket, a small frown on his face.

 He was beyond confused, angry at the same time? Maybe…even hurt..?. It was a bunch of a mixed feeling at once. He can’t grasp on the things right now. . beyond frustration.

He seems to not care about the amazing weather and the cold breeze any more.

‘why would she show up now, after all this time’  was the only question in his mind at the moment.

He stopped on his place, closing his eyes tightly and take a long breath, trying to shake any more thought about her… and he breathed out.

Just then he sensed a presence of someone familiar , smiling, he walked to them.

 

“Dongwoo, you here too !!” Hoya said surprised by Dongwoo presence, that he didn’t notice earlier .. ‘and my name is Howon, not Hoya!’. He made sure that the other read his mind.

Donwoo’s eyes went straight to the figure next to Hoya, Understanding what he meant, he send a small nod to him.

“Bomi , this is Dongwoo, my bestfriend and brother” Hoya introduced and Dongwoo smiled proudly at the mention of their brotherhood.

“Hi, my name is Dogwoo, nice to meet you” and he extended his hand for a handshake. Bomi seems hesitant, but just like with Sungjon, she took his hand and shake it with a soft smile

“..Bomi…nice to meet you too”

Dongwoo sensed something strange, not usual to him. But he shook it off for now. Keeping in mind to talk about that with Hoya later.

It was getting late, the sun had already went to hide behind the horizon. So Bomi excused herself, wanting to get back to her apartment before the dark.

“mmm…if you may excuse me..I’ll be going now”

Hoya noticed that too and offered her to walk her home, but she refused and declined his offer, not wanting to bother him more with her.

*Why would I be bothered by you Bomi-ah*

She smiled and bowed for them before turning around and make her way to her apartment.

 

“ Why would I be bothered by you?.....woah..what was that?”  Dongwoo questioned him immediately after she left them. With That funny look on his face.

Hoya hit his shoulder annoyingly . “stop roaming in my mind..”  and Dongwoo laughed out loud at him

“Let’s go back now”

 

They were walking quietly to the mansion. Dongwoo was in his own thought, and Hoya noticed that but he didn’t want to bother him at the moment, but this is Dongwoo, his bestfriend, and he can’t help but ask him at the end.

“What’s bothering you? I can read your mind if I want, but you know me, I don’t like to invade your personal space, woo~ “

Dongwoo looked at him, he had always admired the other’s attitude with him, he can easily read his thought but he don’t want to invade, for the respect they have for each other, although they are the most closet member in the group, but its part of their long friendship.

Dongwoo sighed a big one, closing his eyes as his feet came to a stop.

“ I saw her today ..”

Hoya who knew exactly what the other meant turned his head quickly to him.

“What?..” despite him hearing correctly.

“Ailee…...is here….. but don’t worry, I knew how to get rid of this type of people..” He said as he continued walking to the mansion.

“I’m not gonna be played of twice, Hoya…I’m not that naïve anymore ..”

Hoya remembered the time when his best friend was in love with that girl. They were acting all lovey-dovy with each other, they were cute together,.. But at the end she left him, with broken heart, she had betrayed him, betrayed us when she joined the others…

…. The others.!!

“Dongwoo,..that means the other are here too….”

Both of them seem alerted by that as they glanced at each other with wide eyes. But continued their walk anyway.

“by the way Hoya, … about that girl..earlier..with you..” The both had reached the mansion, pushing the small gate open

“ I feel that there is something with her…something unusual ..”

“ I was going to say the same thing once I see you Hyung..” Sungjong appeared to them out of nowhere.

Hoya looked at them both, before sighing .. “I know… I mean , I felt that too..”

“She is not fully Human “ Said Dongwoo..

“I am aware of that ..”

“Be carful Hyung.”

 

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Back in Bomi’s apartement…

 

Bomi had done eating her dinner, and had washed the dishes and placed them back on the drawer. She took the garbage bag and went out of the door to throw it away. She reached the nearest trash and throws the plastic bag away.

The weather is getting colder, the night breeze are hitting her face playfully making her to close her eyes and enjoy the coldness. As she her face be played with those breeze, her mind was playing along in this cold weather, and is bringing her back to the person who had a strange connection with those single breeze that pass her, right before he appear in front of her.

To her, this person who go by the name Howon, is a good person as far as she  know. He had showed her his kindness side, his willingness to help her, introducing her to his brother and friend, and she can’t help those butterflies she feels every time she see him or recall those little moment.

Smiling, she opened her eyes again and inhale a good air for the last time before turning around to enter the building.

But just as she turned around she jumped out of fear, screaming, as a figure appear in front of her face out of no where, all the sudden. Hands on her chest . Eyes widely open.

 

“I’m sorry.. I didn’t mean to scare you..”

The man quickly said, waving his hand at her. Bomi took a long breath to calm herself down before turning back to hi.

“It’s ok, I’m fine..” Although she is not fully fine, who would be fine if encountered a stranger in the middle of the night.

“ I-I just saw you exiting the building… Are you probably one of the apartment’s owner?!” He asked.

Bomi looked at him before  nodding her head.  And immediately a big smile formed on his face.

“woah, we are neighbor then ..” Bomi was still processing what he had said when suddenly grabbed her hand for a handshake.

“Hello, my name is Baekhyun , nice to meet you..” and he flashed her his big cheesy smile.

………

“so , you are living here. What a constant, I’m living in the next apartment” he said pointing out to the door in the opposite side of Bomi’s apartment.

“It’s a good thing, we are going to see each other so often” and she hummed in response, giving him a warm smile.

“..so..Good night..?” He said while rubbing the back of his neck.

Bomi nodded her head before saying “Good Night” to him and entered her own apartment.

Baekhyun starred long at the closed door before turning around and closing his own door too.

 

As the days pass, the two had grown close with each other; they meet a lot on their way in or out of the building, they would talk about any topics that crossed their mind. But Bomi had not let all her walls down to him, after all he is not Howon. The one she would wait ‘till morning to see him coming to the book store for her. Not for buying any books, not for asking about if the new books had released. No, he is the only one who would come for her, to see her only, And that somehow makes something inside her move, as if melting all the loneliness she  felt the past years.

And again, their he is, in the book store with her, his usual excuse, to help her with organizing the books or cleaning the dusted shelves since the old man is not her yet. And she can’t say anything about it, after all she enjoyed his presence with her. Or maybe she like his presence.

All this time, she can’t help but observe his side profile as he work with her. From his bang that covered his head at the side, to his eyes, his nose, his lips, down to his well built body that is a little bit fit with his clothes. Handsome he is, to her, for sure.

 

“you know, it’s rude to stare at people like that”

Howon suddenly said, taking her by surprise. She didn’t know she would be caught starring at him. How did he know an way!! .

opened and closed , trying to say something back to him, but her shyness beat her on that. And Howon laughed out loud at her before continue on teasing her.

“am I that handsome, that you can’t take your eyes off of me” he finished, wiggling his eyebrows at her.

And that didn’t help Bomi in any way, making her to do the first thing that crossed her mind at the moment which is hitting his arm lightly by the small book she was holding , while stuttering “w-wh-what?”

It’s those little moment they share with each other that she treasured the most.

 

 

 

“I love her..” One day he said to Dongwoo.

They were in the garden of their mansion, its afternoon, and the both men would usually go out to the garden to chit-chat at this time. It’s the only time they would have with each other, without the rest members.

Dongwoo can see the sincerity on the younger’s words, the amount of love he held for this girl. He can feel it too, he too was once in love. Long time ago.. Sincere feeling, believe, and trust. But it’s all got crumbled down. But he is okay now.

“you know that at some point you have to tell her about yourself, ..us..Hoya” he respond after a while .

“I know Hyung..But…” he trailed off, not sure of what he is going to say.

“You are afraid of her reaction about it..I know Hoya..It’s not an easy thing to do, but nevertheless, you hav-“

“ we are vampires Hyung…” Hoya cut his words. “ Do you think it’s a simple matter..people don’t believe of such things existence… Do you think that if I told her she will take me in the arm..?!”

Hoya lowered his eyes to the ground..” she will be frightened ..She will run away from me.. avoid me..or hate me..”

He stopped talking, feeling frustrated.

“I don’t want her to be afraid of me” he whispered.. “it’s hard Hyung… I’m not good at this things”

“Hoya,…” The older tried to say something, to ease things, but he knew damn well that everything Hoya had said is true.

 

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Bomi had finished her work, she locked the door of the book store and made her way to uy some grocery before heading back to her apartment.

On her way out of the market, she jumped into someone….

“..Oh, Baekhyun-ah…” she said smiling at him.

Baekhyun looked down at her, a big smile plastered on his face.

“Bomi-ah..what are you doing here?”

“mmm, doing some grocery shopping as you see” she said, lifting up the two plastic bags in front of her. “what are you doing here?”

“..just walking around,.. Nothing to do..”. He said, out of boredom.. “oh,…let me take it for you” he said, taking the two bags from her.

“oh,no, it’s okay, they are not that heavy..” But he take it from her anyway.

Seeing no use of protesting “ at least give me one bag…”

Baekhyun don’t seem to mind the idea, and he gave her on of the bag.

“let’s go..” He said, smiling.

 

 

“I once had a girlfriend..” he suddenly spoke. The steam coming from his mouth indicate the cold weather they are in. It’s the end of the year, the usual time for the peak of winter. The snow has yet to fall, but still, the coldness is so much to bear.

The two were walking silently beside each other, the only voice came from the plastic bag they are carrying.

“she was beautiful, or maybe even beyond that..” He said giggling.. “ we were perfect for each other, like match made from heaven.. I thought she is the one, you know……” He stopped for a moment , and Bomi waited for him to continue by his own.

“but everything got ruined..” and Bomi sensed the change in his tune.

“she cheated on me with that new guy on the town….. but it’s ok, I really got over her…long time ago…” He said, turning his head to face Bomi.

She didn’t know what to say.” It’s good that you got over her…. But that is so mean…….. cheating !!” she said turning her head back straight, looking at the front view as they walk.

“ have you been in a relationship before, Bomi?” he asked all of a sudden.

Shaking her head “ never once..”

There was a silent moment between the two before she spoke again..

“ah, we finally arrived… seems like forever.” She said as soon as she saw their building

“tired, ha?” he said, smirking.

“yeah, been up since 6 today..” she said yawning a little.

 

The two are now in front of her apartment…

“thank you for carrying the bags with me.. and sorry if they are that heavy..” she said after taking the bag from him.

“you are welcome ….. and you don’t have to apologize, they are not that heavy..”

“…So….Good night..?” he said rubbing the back of his neck.

They both bed goodbye to each other before entering their respective apartment.

 

Inside her apartment. Bomi organized the grocery on the shelves and the rest on the refrigerator before taking a quick shower and then jumping immediately on her warm-single bed and drifting to dreamland.

Unaware of the figure right outside her window, leaning his back to the wall ..

 

Sweet dreams, my princess..”